Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,828 members, 7,813,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport - Crime (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport (125280 Views)

65-Year-Old Woman Burnt To Death By Cultists In Lagos / Calabar Boy Caught And Burnt To Death For Stealing (Graphic Photo) / 3 Students Beaten To Coma For Stealing Panties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by playahP(m): 11:05pm On Oct 05, 2012
STRIPPED AND DISGRACED FOR 7 HRS BEFORE BEING KILLED.

*fighting back tears*

LORD!!!
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by somegirl1: 11:06pm On Oct 05, 2012
Ji_sun_pack:

you seem to be unstable

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Ibime(m): 11:06pm On Oct 05, 2012
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by BlackBaron: 11:06pm On Oct 05, 2012
Don't know what's worse. Bombings in Boko Haram country or all manner of criminal vices in the South.

I can relate with Oyb's story bout Festac - my close got hit couple of weeks back. Same modus operandi, machetes and all. Descended on selected houses and robbed them of their valuables. Injured a few occupants too.

I honestly can not begin to imagine the kinda mess Nigeria is in now. Criminality is now so rampant, the media chooses to be selective on which to report.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 11:09pm On Oct 05, 2012
playah P: STRIPPED AND DISGRACED FOR 7 HRS BEFORE BEING KILLED.

*fighting back tears*

LORD!!!

was it really 7 hours? did they all die?
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 11:10pm On Oct 05, 2012
Ibime: http://www.facebook.com/tekena.elkanah

is this one of them too?
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 05, 2012
otokx: The masses are truly vexing, you go to pages of newspaper and TV, people are saying electricity has improved, you go home and no light for days not even a flash, month end, they give you 2 days together with bill as you pay the thing goes off. For night you are asleep in the darkness and then one guy come with torch light, machete and gun to collect your mobile phone that the battery is dead plus the small 1800 you want take enter market for soup.

That was how it started in febuary. Sneak into bq with torchlight and wake up the occupant and rob her. Of course the miscreants got bolder and bolder.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Ibime(m): 11:10pm On Oct 05, 2012
These boys are unlucky boys. . .

Young middle class boys who joined frat as something to do. . . and got caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. . .

This should serve as a lesson to young impressionable PH boys who think Frat is just another thing to do. . . .I have seen millionaire's sons joining frat just because. . . these boys have learned the reality. . .

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 05, 2012
ON A MORE SERIOUS NOTE SOME OF YOU NEED TO TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT YOUR BIBLES
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by steffans(m): 11:11pm On Oct 05, 2012
M

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 05, 2012
Goldieluks:

I hope you watch the death scene whilst eating akpu and draw soup. More MORE rubbish!!

Actually, im eating jollof rice as I read. Nothing squeamish about seeing cultists burn grin
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Ibime(m): 11:13pm On Oct 05, 2012
otokx:

is this one of them too?

Yeah. . . all 2010 set. . .
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by pheesayor(m): 11:13pm On Oct 05, 2012
not doubting you but which part of festac? because i stay in festac and dont hear of these robberies
oyb: i live in festac and for the past 6 months there have been escalating home invasions by small boys like the ones being discussed

laptops, blackberries, jewelery

earlier in the year, they would sneak into houses in groups of two

a month or so ago, four of them came to my house - because my compound is very well illuminated, a neighbour saw them poking around, raised the alarm, and they ran away, but they still robbed someone else and got away with handbag and blackberry

a week later, they came back, 8 in number, with matchetes they went through 5 houses before they came to my house , mostly they sneaked in, woke up the occupants, take all the laptops etal, ra-pe the women or debate on it , lock them up

when they came to my house, they came through the balcony upstairs. i woke up to the sound of the thugs breaking the sliding glass door of the balcony.

i came out to confront two thugs , one weilding a machete, the other some sort of gun . the thug with the matchete was shouting what they probably teac them in armed robber school - where is the money

the guy with the matchete first slapped me in the face with the matchete , when he saw i was not willing to cooperate. i then threw the only thingi could at him - the dustbin beside me. he then hit me in the head with the matchete , with blood pouring down the side of my face , i rushed at the two thugs and knocked them off the balcony.

my wifes screams had alerted teh neighbours, and the robbers all eight of them, commenced running up and down the neighbourhood shouting like mad dogs

someone had called the police, and for once they actually showed up, but the robbers still got away

they also matcheted our security guard.

typical to naija police, the next day there was a show of arresting some locals who we were then asked to identify face to face , never mind that people have id ed thieves in the past o have the thieves tell them to their face that nothing will happen

jungle justice is inevitable in a country where the nigerian police are good for nothing and are often in league with armed robbers

the same theives raided another neighbourhood in festac a week or so ago - this time they were 16 in number, but their luck ran out as the neighbourhod abokis were on to them. four of them were caught. the locals almost burnt them alive before they handed them over to the police

violent crime has all sorts of repercussions to the victims - there's the physical trauma - i have a scar on my forehead, i needed several stitches, i cut the my feet running at the robbers and needed stitches there too - i was out of office for over a week ; for the next week everyone jumped at the slightest noise - we all had trouble sleeping, i wake up at odd hours to look outside; ditto for some of my neighbours

these boys did not wear masks, thats how bold they were. the other day i was in an eatery and i saw a boy who looked to be about the height of on of the robbers. the boy was limping. i stared at him for a very very long time. who knows? it could have been one of them.

imagine, one of the thieves who was caught said he was saving money to leave nigeia, which was why he was breaking into peoples houses to rob and r-ape. what nonsense

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by seyibrown(f): 11:13pm On Oct 05, 2012
Lord, have mercy on us all! Should we turn ourselves in to animals because of some animals? What happened to compassion?

Police kill, Miltary kill, Robbers kill and now ordinary civillians kill! undecided When will this cycle end? The real culprits of the state of our nation are chilling out in luxury and we continue to celebrate them. undecided

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by playahP(m): 11:14pm On Oct 05, 2012
otokx:

was it really 7 hours? did they all die?

YES THEY WERE CAUGHT AROUND 5.30AM
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by BrutusOj(m): 11:15pm On Oct 05, 2012
May God forgive me if I have uttered any harsh or wrong statement about d dead guys,bt sincerely I wrote based on d nasty experience I had with some cultists..Imagin guys of ma age pointed gun on ma fore head,I surrendered ma ist Nokia hand set,ma wallet
Containing ma only pocket money,ma pressing iron,wrist watch.it pains wen u check into d activities of cult guys on campus,dia intimidation n oppressions is disheartning.May God giv dia parents d fortitude to bear dia lost
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 11:17pm On Oct 05, 2012
playah P:

I GOT A CALL THEN..... THEN I CALLED MY BOSS.
THEN HE CALLED SOME POLICE PEOPLE TO GO PICK THEM UP.
BUT BEFORE THEN, I HEARD THE VIGILANTE REQUESTED FOR 1M IN ORDER TO RELEASE THEM.... I HAVENT AUTHENTICATED THE STORY.
WHEN THE POLICE GOT THERE, THE VILLAGERS VIGILANTE REFUSED TO RELEASE THEM.

5.30am is already morning, or is that when you got the call? People move freely by this time na, did you inform the school authorities especially the CSO that UNIPORT students are being molested?
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by mekaboy(m): 11:18pm On Oct 05, 2012
obadiah777: ON A MORE SERIOUS NOTE SOME OF YOU NEED TO TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT YOUR BIBLES
WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT THIEVES? IF A THIEF IS CAUGHT HE OR SHE SHOULD BE STONED TO DEATH IMMEDIATELY, BUT IF THE SUN GOES DOWN, THEY SHOULD BE TAKEN TO THE POLICE STATION.

THEY WERE KILLED IMMEDIATELY, ITS PAINFUL TO SEE YOUNG PEOPLE WASTED LIKE THAT, BUT IF YOU EXPERIENCE WHAT THESE BOYS DO TO PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY HAVE GUNS, AND WHAT THEY COULD STILL DO IN FUTURE. THEN THE SOONER THEY ARE ELIMINATED FROM THE SOCIETY THE BETTER.

AND FOR THOSE WHO SAY THEY HAVE NEVER KILLED ANYBODY, ONCE YOU JOIN A FRAT, WHETHER YOU ARE AN ACTIVE MEMBER OR NOT, ANYBODY THAT IS KILLED BY YOUR CULT GROUP, YOU AS AN INDIVIDUAL IS ALSO GUILTY OF THE INNOCENT BLOOD SHED. BECAUSE ITS A FAMILY.

I JUST HOPE THEY WERE CAUGHT WITH GUNS BEFORE THEY WERE BURNT .
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 11:19pm On Oct 05, 2012
pheesayor: not doubting you but which part of festac? because i stay in festac and dont hear of these robberies

For real? Every other night na gunshot. Sorry not going to tell you where . . . I now have an unhealthy paranoia.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by snowprince01(m): 11:19pm On Oct 05, 2012
obadiah777: I PREFER THE TERM 'CIVILIZED'. SEE I HAVE BEEN IMMERSED AND REFINED AND POLISHED BY ASSOCIATION WITH DIVERSE CULTURES. WHEN YOU GET TO MY LEVEL OF POLISH, YOU KNOW THAT BRUTISH FORCE SOLVES NOTHING. YOU NEGOTIATE. A MAN CONFRONTS YOU WITH A GUN AND ANOTHER WITH A KNIFE. NOW A slowpoke LIKE YOU WITH THE IQ OF A CRETINIC SLUG ACTUALLY THINKS THROWING A DUSTBIN AT THESE MEN IS AN ACT OF BRAVERY. THATS HOW LOW YOUR IQ IS. YOU ACTUALLY THINK THIS IS BRAVERY. BRAVERY IS TALKING TO THEM AND TRYING TO CALM THEM DOWN AND GIVING THEM WHAT THEY WANT. THATS BRAVERY. THROWING DUSTBINS AT A MAN WITH A GUN IS R-ETARDED BUT TO SOMEONE LIKE YOU AND THE REST OF THE PEOPLE COMING AGAINST ME, ITS BRAVERY. YALL ARE CRAZY. YOUR BRAINS HAVE BEEN AFFECTED BY SUFFERING

Negotiation with nigeria robbers? I think dis dude must b tinkn dis is american terrorist movie..u wil b negotiating wen an ugly touts dick is inside ur newly married beautiful wife, probably pregnant vagina.. Or mayb wen u r finally shot in d head wen d negotiation can nt work. Anything u do to survive @ d moment is bravery, so whether d man threw dustbin or just spat @ dem or said only plz nd they left, dats so much bravery alone for me.. U need to see d robbery scene @ benin express way, where dey used human beings as wage for cumn vehicle nd their brain splashed by trailers nd some body cut in2 two, u will b d first person to light d fire to burn any robber they catch, even if he is wearing a priest robe..pray u dnt jam illiterate robbers, they knw no mercy..

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by phlame(m): 11:22pm On Oct 05, 2012
playah P:

I GOT A CALL THEN..... THEN I CALLED MY BOSS.
THEN HE CALLED SOME POLICE PEOPLE TO GO PICK THEM UP.
BUT BEFORE THEN, I HEARD THE VIGILANTE REQUESTED FOR 1M IN ORDER TO RELEASE THEM.... I HAVENT AUTHENTICATED THE STORY.
WHEN THE POLICE GOT THERE, THE VILLAGERS VIGILANTE REFUSED TO RELEASE THEM.

Were they caught with Arms?
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 05, 2012
[size=20pt]Correct! Abeg we need more facebook links[/size]
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by abifoluwa: 11:25pm On Oct 05, 2012
oyb:

thanks.

and the worst part of it is that this being nigeria practically everybody is mad at me - because in this country you cooperate with armed robbers

i am still debating with myself whether to take advice to simply move out of the house - since there are stories of robbers coming back for revenge against people foolhardy enough to stand up to them.

these are the real reasons why there is so much viciousness against people caught stealing - because we are so helpless

imagine waking up to some barely literate thugs in your bedroom, who proceed to slap you around, dispossess you of your hard earned valuables, and then debate whether to rape your daughters, wife etal
why dont u get a gun? undecided shoot any1 in the ass, i tell u
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 11:26pm On Oct 05, 2012
the 2 facebook profiles have seen does not in anyway indicate the wealth of those boys or was it a case of 2 rich and 2 poor guys?
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by bashr8: 11:28pm On Oct 05, 2012
otokx: the 2 facebook profiles have seen does not in anyway indicate the wealth of those boys or was it a case of 2 rich and 2 poor guys?
since when did wealth determines who is a cultist or armed robber and who isn't, poverty is no excuse to become any of those.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 11:29pm On Oct 05, 2012
bros bashr8 good night, lets adjourn till tomorrow
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Goldieluks: 11:30pm On Oct 05, 2012
pDude:

Actually, im eating jollof rice as I read. Nothing squeamish about seeing cultists burn grin

Stop acting like you don't have blood running through your veins, because if one of the boys were to be your friend or family member, I don't think you'd wanna go 50 miles close to the sour jollof rice of yours. Tsk tsk!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (52) (Reply)

Meet Nigerian Yahoo Boy Who Makes N100M Every 6 Months (photo) / Cult Leader, Jboy, Killed In Cross River (Photos) / Stain Lace: I Was Robbed In My House In Akwa Ibom During Lockdown (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.