Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Soludo Announces Palliatives To Mitigate Fuel Subsidy Removal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Announces Palliatives To Mitigate Fuel Subsidy Removal (15901 Views)

Governor Soludo Announces Palliatives To Mitigate Fuel Subsidy Removal / Fuel Subsidy: NAIRAXI To Digitize Public Transport To Mitigate Adverse Effects / Anambra Governor, Soludo Announces 3 New Political Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soludo Announces Palliatives To Mitigate Fuel Subsidy Removal by tonywonder(m): 10:24pm On Aug 21, 2023
By Tony Eri

In a bid to mitigate the impact of the recent fuel subsidy removal, Anambra State Governor Prof. Charles Soludo has announced a series of palliative measures.

The measures include:

1. A 10% salary increase for all public servants and pensioners in the state.
2. A monthly flat non-taxable cash award of N12,000 for every pensioner and public servant in the state for the period September 2023 to December 2023.
3. Distribution of rice to over 300,000 households in the state.
4. Tax exemptions/reductions for hawkers, wheelbarrow and truck pushers, vulcanizers, artisans, okada drivers, petty traders, and transporters.
5. Free antenatal services and free delivery services for pregnant mothers in state primary health centers and general hospitals.
6. Repair/renovation of all serviceable Public Servants Staff Buses currently under the office of the Head of Service of Anambra State.
7. Application to purchase CNG-fueled buses for intra-state transportation.
8. Repair of existing and purchase of new water boats to ease transportation for citizens in the riverine local governments.

In the medium to long term, the governor also announced plans to:

9. Distribute one million oil palm and coconut seedlings per annum to over 100,000 households.
10. Establish a new industrial complex to process the products, thereby creating more jobs for youths.
11. Energize the One Youth Two Skills program by providing a mix of grant and soft loan schemes at a maximum interest rate of 9% per annum.
12. Complete the set-up and funding of the Ward-based Cooperative Initiative for micro-enterprises.
13. Roll out a very ambitious program to build/modernize the primary health centers (PHCs) in all the 326 wards.
14. Construct over 340km of roads across all the twenty-one local governments.
15. Improve the Ease of Doing Business in Anambra to attract private sector investment into the state.

Governor Soludo said that the palliative measures are aimed at cushioning the impact of the fuel subsidy removal on the people of Anambra State.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=271595205624284&id=100083214196664&mibextid=ZbWKwL

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soludo Announces Palliatives To Mitigate Fuel Subsidy Removal by OBTOREPA(m): 11:59pm On Aug 21, 2023
Palliative is for who and who?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo Announces Palliatives To Mitigate Fuel Subsidy Removal by Dbegining: 4:29am On Aug 22, 2023
G
Re: Soludo Announces Palliatives To Mitigate Fuel Subsidy Removal by ify2016: 4:29am On Aug 22, 2023
Good development but government strength should be focused more on SMEs, students, private company's staff and less privileged in the society. How many of those government staff voted during the election? It's like rubbing Peter to pay Paul.

There should be more accommodating space for equity and fairness by the government.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo Announces Palliatives To Mitigate Fuel Subsidy Removal by Pickmycall: 4:32am On Aug 22, 2023
A misplaced priority.
Governors will cashout from this loan that they call palliative which Tinubu go soon increase VAT and other levies to repay back.

However,na cups of garri and rice them won share to few selected people while the rest will go into their pockets.

We are talking about ₦5b for each state.

If ₦5m is given to each individual,there will be excess change.But no!Na cups of rice them won give some few just as how the former minister of humanitarian dey give palliatives to corrupt associates that Tinubu has now delisted from the social register.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo Announces Palliatives To Mitigate Fuel Subsidy Removal by Moyinoluwa35(f): 4:32am On Aug 22, 2023
Nice one
Re: Soludo Announces Palliatives To Mitigate Fuel Subsidy Removal by Yugoslavia247(m): 4:33am On Aug 22, 2023
Adaisback:
More like it. Agbado people should come and see what real palliatives look like not that two by two cups of garri you guys are sharing out. Who dey zuzu? Anambra no be una mate! During cobid 19, Anambra palliative was the talk of the whole country. It's in times like this that we know the boys from the men! Anambra belong to the class of men, you guys already know who the boys are. Our erudite skullers from Afonjanistan, I greet una o. No one should mention me o, I haff headache

Let the war begin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Announces Palliatives To Mitigate Fuel Subsidy Removal by Betanaija42moro: 4:34am On Aug 22, 2023
This is better. I'm yet to see a reasonable action from the FG

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo Announces Palliatives To Mitigate Fuel Subsidy Removal by iknopro(m): 4:37am On Aug 22, 2023
A very good one Mr. Governor. God bless us all

10 Likes

Re: Soludo Announces Palliatives To Mitigate Fuel Subsidy Removal by Bluetooth10(m): 4:38am On Aug 22, 2023
Anambra ga adimma

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Announces Palliatives To Mitigate Fuel Subsidy Removal by Johnjanrt: 4:40am On Aug 22, 2023
shocked
Better to an extend, even measures put in place will do very little address concerns of the suffocating poor population.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Announces Palliatives To Mitigate Fuel Subsidy Removal by goldenceo1: 4:40am On Aug 22, 2023
Those of us been awake now for whatever reasons best known deserved some palliatives too. Na who get money they sleep well for this country well!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo Announces Palliatives To Mitigate Fuel Subsidy Removal by Authoreety: 4:44am On Aug 22, 2023
We dey watch ⌚

1 Like

Re: Soludo Announces Palliatives To Mitigate Fuel Subsidy Removal by ezegenigbonine: 4:45am On Aug 22, 2023
This one don dey find vote after ZUZU. U must be voted out weather you like it or not. Prof iberibe

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Announces Palliatives To Mitigate Fuel Subsidy Removal by SmartyPants(m): 4:45am On Aug 22, 2023
ify2016:
Good development but government strength should be focused more on SMEs, students, private company's staff and less privileged in the society. How many of those government staff voted during the election? It's like rubbing Peter to pay Paul.

There should be more accommodating space for equity and fairness by the government.

Are you sure you read the write up?

See points 4, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15.... haba

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Announces Palliatives To Mitigate Fuel Subsidy Removal by mytime24(f): 4:46am On Aug 22, 2023
For how long undecided

1 Like

Re: Soludo Announces Palliatives To Mitigate Fuel Subsidy Removal by Authoreety: 4:49am On Aug 22, 2023
Bluetooth10:
Anambra ga adimma

Nwanne, anambra adigo mma

6 Likes

Re: Soludo Announces Palliatives To Mitigate Fuel Subsidy Removal by Danisaint112(m): 4:50am On Aug 22, 2023
Nice initiative by my able governor Soludo. It's not really about making the announcement though, but implementing it.

Given his recent accomplishement, he has really been up and doing this days.

If he can implement this properly, without snakes and baboons swallowing the funds, then, he has the support of me and my entire family for the next election. cool

78 Likes

Re: Soludo Announces Palliatives To Mitigate Fuel Subsidy Removal by ify2016: 4:57am On Aug 22, 2023
SmartyPants:

Are you sure you read the write up?

See points 4, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15.... haba

Yes I read it. From your interpretation, can you confidently and vividly prove that the benefit allocated to government staff are far less from the right up?

1 Like

Re: Soludo Announces Palliatives To Mitigate Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 5:01am On Aug 22, 2023
Adaisback:
More like it. Agbado people should come and see what real palliatives look like not that two by two cups of garri you guys are sharing out. Who dey zuzu? Anambra no be una mate! During cobid 19, Anambra palliative was the talk of the whole country. It's in times like this that we know the boys from the men! Anambra belong to the class of men, you guys already know who the boys are. Our erudite skullers from Afonjanistan, I greet una o. No one should mention me o, I haff headache

Are you not too old for these tribal fights?

10 Likes

Re: Soludo Announces Palliatives To Mitigate Fuel Subsidy Removal by Vladm(m): 5:02am On Aug 22, 2023
..very good initiatives i must say... sha keeo to your word..

That no 4 has been what i was always clamoring for in lagos state... it woul go a really long way to helping each household... nobi mumu 8k

3 Likes

Re: Soludo Announces Palliatives To Mitigate Fuel Subsidy Removal by Goalnaldo(m): 5:15am On Aug 22, 2023
Nothing like electing a governor with a proven track record. Nice one your excellency. At least these measures will help ameliorate the hardship on your people. Peter would have delivered for Nigeria but will the selfish interest of a few.....

3 Likes

Re: Soludo Announces Palliatives To Mitigate Fuel Subsidy Removal by Aboguede(m): 5:26am On Aug 22, 2023
grin
Re: Soludo Announces Palliatives To Mitigate Fuel Subsidy Removal by Fasindo: 5:31am On Aug 22, 2023
shocked

Soludo Solution.

These is what palliative ought to be, the next governor that will role out good palliative like this is Zulum, Alex Otti and Uba Sani.

Kogi governor will just pocket his own without doing anything

5 Likes

Re: Soludo Announces Palliatives To Mitigate Fuel Subsidy Removal by juman(m): 5:31am On Aug 22, 2023
Good from a reliable and competent governor.

Hope all other governors spend the money wisely and touch the masses lives.

We masses are really suffering.

3 Likes

Re: Soludo Announces Palliatives To Mitigate Fuel Subsidy Removal by NaijaCover(m): 5:36am On Aug 22, 2023
So Far, The Sharing Of The Money, Never Got To here In Onitsha Town In Anambra State, Please Mr Governor, You Are yet to start the palliative Stuff To Reduce TERRIBLE BAD NEWS in and out of ANAMBRA.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Announces Palliatives To Mitigate Fuel Subsidy Removal by Niyil: 5:38am On Aug 22, 2023
A good way to go, hopefully, other state governors come up with better ways too to share palliative, with everyone in mind.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Announces Palliatives To Mitigate Fuel Subsidy Removal by Keji1012(m): 5:41am On Aug 22, 2023
Adaisback:

Tribal bigot, son of hate. Get well soon

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Ineligible To Contest In 2015 – PDP Chieftain / Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate / Thugs Clash With Journalists At Kwara High Court (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.