Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,933 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

What Amuses You The Most About Nigerians? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Amuses You The Most About Nigerians? (11439 Views)

10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians / What Are The Most Important Things To Know About Nigerians? / Your View about Nigerians Who Travel To USA To Give Birth For USA Citizenship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Amuses You The Most About Nigerians? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 07, 2012
booqee: @op. I love nigerians cos they're funny, lively, rugged,.even in bitter situation, they'll still find something amusing to lift ur spirit. Infact no dull moment in dis country..both east west or north. I just don't know why..i just love d people of this country

I don't doubt it. grin

I have never been to Nigeria. I just know a few Nigerians in person and have been on here for a while, but by experiencing the bit of Nigerian culture that I have, I know that comedy is a big part of the Nigerian culture. grin And that is a good thing. Because despite what goes on and corruption, the people always find some way to entertain or be entertained and that's top of the line resilience!! smiley

3 Likes

Re: What Amuses You The Most About Nigerians? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 07, 2012
P Beni: What amuses most about Nigerians is our sense of humour. A Nigerian has the ability to send you rolling on the floor laughing even when they're trying to be serious.

lol that's exactly what i said on the first page! grin
and its soo true! i think Nigerians are even funnier when they are serious.

dont get me wrong i dont take you all as a joke or anything, i can't explain it. grin
the same has been said about my people (jamaicans) which may be true, but its definitely
a fact in the case of nigerians. i think your sense of humor is far better than those in the west who cry/complain about EVERYTHING.

It's a shame when you can get sued for cracking a joke.. tongue
Re: What Amuses You The Most About Nigerians? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 07, 2012
Truckpusher: Starting with your papa abi?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Amuses You The Most About Nigerians? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 07, 2012
ehie: Gullibility
Hypocrisy
Keeping up with the Joneses attitude
Lack of intropsetion and retrospection
Lack of self reliance always waiting for something and someone to save them
petty mindedness
tunnel vision

how can anybody "like" this post?? this is definitely not Nigerian!!

Nigerians are the exact opposite of the post!

1 Like

Re: What Amuses You The Most About Nigerians? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 07, 2012
chucky234: I am always amaze when I think of..
1. How Yahoo boys dey take dey turn oyinbos with all their brain to mumu
2. How Igbos dey take pirate any product at will,import expired products to sell to him own people and still sidon to follow dem laugh..
3. Our hustle is unrivaled,politicians craftiness and stealing abilities is second to none
4. Never say die attitude
5. Our love for this great country despite all our shortcomings
6. How intelligent Nigerians are
7. Calmness in the face of trouble
8. Our uniqueness
9. Our undying love for money
10. Ego,Bigmanism,pride

cant u just make your points without mentioning igbos? now dat u have mentioned igbos i hope your high blood pressure don decrease! ode!
Re: What Amuses You The Most About Nigerians? by omoijoba1: 2:31pm On Oct 07, 2012
Freiburger:
20likes
This is the most amazing attitude I have noticed. My elder sister who is getting married in two weeks time told me she was expecting loan by month end to fund the wedding. I advised her to wait till month end in other to foot the bill, but surprisingly she insisted on throwing it big hoping that the relatives would come to her rescue. I just tire for this naija attitude o!
Re: What Amuses You The Most About Nigerians? by omoijoba1: 2:33pm On Oct 07, 2012
Freiburger:
20likes
Re: What Amuses You The Most About Nigerians? by buhna91: 3:31pm On Oct 07, 2012
Nigeria I hail,the country where all citizen will be suffering and smilling at the same time. Smh
Re: What Amuses You The Most About Nigerians? by sambos994(m): 3:32pm On Oct 07, 2012
We have humour
Re: What Amuses You The Most About Nigerians? by pendo89(f): 5:57pm On Oct 07, 2012
everything
Re: What Amuses You The Most About Nigerians? by sambos994(m): 7:01pm On Oct 07, 2012
pendo89: everything

Why, thank you
Re: What Amuses You The Most About Nigerians? by Capnd143(m): 7:51pm On Oct 07, 2012
batiatus: answers questions with questions..(am guilty though, cant help it)
Q: have u visited nairaland on the web b4?
ans: is it a social network?
y not ansa the question b4 u ask question.... grin grin
or
Ist person: have u been to the US?
2nd person ansa: when did u go there?
na true oh, 9ja 2 da like answa question wit question! Q:swtheart Hav u eaten? Ans; who told u i ate ? Q:HAVE YOU BRUSHED YOUR MOUTH? Ans: did u brush urz? 56likes
Re: What Amuses You The Most About Nigerians? by MrsChima1(f): 5:03am On Oct 08, 2012
dramenda: Many wrong thing in nigeria.only in nigeria person go sick dem go carry go CHURCH instead of Hospital.

That's a devout religious person. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Amuses You The Most About Nigerians? by MrsChima1(f): 5:07am On Oct 08, 2012
One thing I can say though...my husband always have me laughing even when he is serious...it is funny at times. grin grin grin grin
Re: What Amuses You The Most About Nigerians? by malaria(f): 10:49am On Oct 08, 2012
mr_man: The fact that Nigerians only ask questions when they are fighting.
For example: man A steps on man B
Man B: are u blind?
Man A: wetin dey worry u?
Man B: U no see say u match pesin?
Man A: u dey mad? Why u come dey shout?
Man B: na who dey mad? U dey craze?
Man A: do u knw who i am?
Man B: who are u?
Random guy comes in to break up the fight and asks, wetin happen nah?
Man A/B:u dey mind dis yeye man?
Lol.never a dull moment n 9ja and mairaland.
Re: What Amuses You The Most About Nigerians? by valdubem(m): 12:20pm On Oct 08, 2012
an average Nigerian is a manager
Re: What Amuses You The Most About Nigerians? by Thok(m): 1:46pm On Oct 09, 2012
Our Dysfuntion and Dynamism..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lets Talk About FGM; Female Core Mutilation / Igbo And Yoruba Women Who Has Best Way Of Dressing / What Does Ur Native Name Means?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.