Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? (1862 Views)

RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? / How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? / Is Jesus Really God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 06, 2012
Yeah,the belief has always been that jesus gave his life for you n me...you knw he died on the cross...bla bla bla...so you gotta give your life to him...i mean,he shed his blood.i mean,who else would do that for you?? Come to think of it,who else won't do that? You knw you're gonna die,you knw you'll be raised from the dead after 3 days n would be promoted in heaven to become "Lord Rahl".why the f.uck won't you die? I mean,it's all yours to gain.jesus knew all of these n they say he made some damn sacrifice.he died for who?for me?for you? But we all are still gonna die.and mind you we ain't rising from the dead after 3 days.there have been human beings who've made far bigger sacrifices than jesus christ,put their lives on the line for others with d full knowledge that they weren't coming back n yet they ain't being worshipped.just wondering n pondering...
Re: Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? by OmoAlata(f): 7:15pm On Oct 06, 2012
Beretta92: Come to think of it,who else won't do that? You knw you're gonna die,you knw you'll be raised from the dead after 3 days n would be promoted in heaven to become "Lord Rahl".

I remember a song many moons ago

Oju ni maalu nran
Obe o da lorun o

Meaning:

The cow's eyes are bulging
A knife on the neck is not good
(or something like that grin)

Do you think it's easy to die
Re: Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? by k2039: 7:25pm On Oct 06, 2012
[size=13pt]another i*diot on the loose
[/size]
Re: Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? by MacDaddy01: 7:31pm On Oct 06, 2012
I have always wondered myself. If Jesus knew that he was going to come back to life, then what is the point of calling it a sacrifice when he didnt really die?

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? by ogaboko: 8:00pm On Oct 06, 2012
angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? by pheyikemi: 8:12pm On Oct 06, 2012
Jesus and God Himself are in the best position to answer ur question. Why nt ask them?
Re: Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? by MacDaddy01: 8:14pm On Oct 06, 2012
pheyikemi: Jesus and God Himself are in the best position to answer ur question. Why nt ask them?

because they are dead silent!
Re: Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? by pheyikemi: 8:28pm On Oct 06, 2012
MacDaddy01:

because they are dead silent!

they are silent because of our iniquity. At least He answers d prayers of d righteous.
Re: Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 06, 2012
MacDaddy01: I have always wondered myself. If Jesus knew that he was going to come back to life, then what is the point of calling it a sacrifice when he didnt really die?
mehn,the tin tire me o.
Re: Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? by MacDaddy01: 8:35pm On Oct 06, 2012
pheyikemi: they are silent because of our iniquity. At least He answers d prayers of d righteous.

lololol

So the women who get raped in Congo dont pray hard enough? They are not righteous?

The poor man on the street who gets killed by police stray bullet doesnt pray hard enough? He is not righteous?

The christians that died in Boko Harma bombings are not righteous or dont pray hard enough?

You are talking nonsense
Re: Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 06, 2012
pheyikemi: Jesus and God Himself are in the best position to answer ur question. Why nt ask them?
have you ever met them?
Re: Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 06, 2012
Omo Alata:

I remember a song many moons ago

Oju ni maalu nran
Obe o da lorun o

Meaning:

The cow's eyes are bulging
A knife on the neck is not good
(or something like that grin)

Do you think it's easy to die
as if you're not gonna die.someday we're all gonna die n we aint coming bck,not after 3 days,not after 300 billion years.trust me,when your time comes to die,you'll knw how easy it is.
Re: Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? by bolaino(m): 8:52pm On Oct 06, 2012
Shout out to all d freethinkers in d building! U guys are even arguing about the wrong tins, the question u guys should be asking is, at any time in the history of mankind did any body named jesus who was said to be the biblical God and his own son, did he exist? That's d question my fellow freethinkers,

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 06, 2012
@ Op! Do you believe in metaphysics? Do you believe that satan does exist? Do you believe in African juju (voodoo) potency? If you ever believe in any of these, then you are just another hypnotised fellow thinking that God does not exist? Who created human beings? Why can't humans (scientist) produce blood? How did the earth come about? Don't tell me about the big bang, great explosion or Roller darwin's theories, cos if you believe in them, then that's a proof that you are truely hypnotised. Christianity aint a religion, rather a way of life. I could go on and on..... I beseech you to give christianity a trial and I bet you, you'd thank God. Good evening.

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? by OmoAlata(f): 11:10pm On Oct 06, 2012
Beretta92: as if you're not gonna die.someday we're all gonna die n we aint coming bck,not after 3 days,not after 300 billion years.trust me,when your time comes to die,you'll knw how easy it is.

Have you been on the ogogoro tonight
Re: Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? by pheyikemi: 11:34pm On Oct 06, 2012
MacDaddy01:

lololol

So the women who get raped in Congo dont pray hard enough? They are not righteous?

The poor man on the street who gets killed by police stray bullet doesnt pray hard enough? He is not righteous?

The christians that died in Boko Harma bombings are not righteous or dont pray hard enough?

You are talking nonsense
excuse me here, must u take it out on me? Y not take it out on Jesus himself. Abi i resemble ur bokoharam ni, or ur police. D fact is things either gud or terrible happen to pple everyday d prayer is dat one shd nt b a victim of bad circumstance. "A TRUE FACT IS NO ONE CAN QUESTION GOD OR WHATEVER HE DOES. HE SITS IN HEAVEN AND DOES AS HE PLEASE". It is an idle mind d devil puts nonsensical ideas into. Kip solving ur logic, u'l find it soon enof. Wish u luck
Re: Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? by pheyikemi: 11:38pm On Oct 06, 2012
Beretta92: have you ever met them?
. U shd direct dat to d op. He's d one asking pple to solve a mystery dt happened over 3000yrs ago, instead of directing it to d one in questn. I've neva met dem, bt i bliv they r in existence nd evry1 will meet them someday.
Re: Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? by Nobody: 2:15am On Oct 07, 2012
It's a question I've been asking people recently.

Jesus knew he would come back to life. That death if real is the biggest 419 ever. What's a sacrifice if you get back that which you have lost?

/
Anyways Yahweh has always been a 419 master. From switching Jacob's hands when he wanted to bless Joseph's sons, to hating Esau and loving Jacob...

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 07, 2012
k2039: [size=13pt]another i*diot on the loose
[/size]

i really wonder what yr heart condition is like.u believe d bible,u believe in jesus,u believe in hell fire n yet u cn call me an i*diot.when i truly n totally believed in christ,i cudnt ever utter n insultive word against anybody or even animals.and even nw dat i dont give a hoot about jesus,i yet find it difficult to insult people,even online.do u really believe in christ?? I mean, u're so unlike him.
Re: Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 07, 2012
emmysenior: @ Op! Do you believe in metaphysics? Do you believe that satan does exist? Do you believe in African juju (voodoo) potency? If you ever believe in any of these, then you are just another hypnotised fellow thinking that God does not exist? Who created human beings? Why can't humans (scientist) produce blood? How did the earth come about? Don't tell me about the big bang, great explosion or Roller darwin's theories, cos if you believe in them, then that's a proof that you are truely hypnotised. Christianity aint a religion, rather a way of life. I could go on and on..... I beseech you to give christianity a trial and I bet you, you'd thank God. Good evening.
u beseech me to give xtianity a trial?? What do u think i was before,a buddhist
Re: Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 07, 2012
pheyikemi: . U shd direct dat to d op. He's d one asking pple to solve a mystery dt happened over 3000yrs ago, instead of directing it to d one in questn. I've neva met dem, bt i bliv they r in existence nd evry1 will meet them someday.
yeah,cud u pls help me establish a correspondence with him,so i can direct my question at him.been trying for eons nw.i'd really appreciate d favour.thnx.
Re: Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? by MacDaddy01: 12:36pm On Oct 07, 2012
pheyikemi: excuse me here, must u take it out on me? Y not take it out on Jesus himself. Abi i resemble ur bokoharam ni, or ur police. D fact is things either gud or terrible happen to pple everyday d prayer is dat one shd nt b a victim of bad circumstance. "A TRUE FACT IS NO ONE CAN QUESTION GOD OR WHATEVER HE DOES. HE SITS IN HEAVEN AND DOES AS HE PLEASE". It is an idle mind d devil puts nonsensical ideas into. Kip solving ur logic, u'l find it soon enof. Wish u luck

lol....typical brainwashed christian. When something bad happens to others, it is gods will and we cant question it. However, when something bad happens to them, they pray that it should go away. They even pray to avoid all bad things. However, when others suffer, it is the will of god.

-When they watch TV and see a child dying of hunger in congo, they say "god knows best"
-When their own child that is hungry and sick, they would say "gid forbid" and do all that is necessary to avoid the child's suffering
Re: Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? by pheyikemi: 1:16pm On Oct 07, 2012
MacDaddy01:

lol....typical brainwashed christian. When something bad happens to others, it is gods will and we cant question it. However, when something bad happens to them, they pray that it should go away. They even pray to avoid all bad things. However, when others suffer, it is the will of god.

-When they watch TV and see a child dying of hunger in congo, they say "god knows best"
-When their own child that is hungry and sick, they would say "gid forbid" and do all that is necessary to avoid the child's suffering
hello, do i knw u? Must u insult every1 hu comment 'mr smart' hu's smarter dn God Himself, i thot evry1 ad d right to his or her opinion. Y nt stop quoting me nd xpend ur energy on things dt'll improve ur lyf because all ds wil 4eva remain a mystery u cannot solve. because every1 has chosen a different destiny, som gud nd sum bad. Nd all things nids prayers, either gud or bad, prayer goes a long way Mr smart
Re: Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? by MacDaddy01: 1:19pm On Oct 07, 2012
pheyikemi: hello, do i knw u? Must u insult every1 hu comment 'mr smart' hu's smarter dn God Himself, i thot evry1 ad d right to his or her opinion. Y nt stop quoting me nd xpend ur energy on things dt'll improve ur lyf because all ds wil 4eva remain a mystery u cannot solve. because every1 has chosen a different destiny, som gud nd sum bad. Nd all things nids prayers, either gud or bad, prayer goes a long way Mr smart

Awww! Sorry. I just felt that you're a lost soul that needed some atheist healing.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? by pheyikemi: 1:25pm On Oct 07, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Awww! Sorry. I just felt that you're a lost soul that needed some atheist healing.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
all i can deduce here is dat u r sooo frustrated dt u r lukn 4som 1 to take dat on. Atheist is sm1 hu blivs thr is no God. I bliv thr is God, u r d 1 hu doesnt bliv He exist. So i shd gladly cal u an atheist not vice-versa
Re: Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? by bankyblue(m): 1:35pm On Oct 07, 2012
Some fools needs to be shot to death. Could this be frustration? What
Was he thinking of when coming up with this topic. Or is it a must for
Ur bad comment to be viewed? This is a real mad man on the loose.

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? by pheyikemi: 1:38pm On Oct 07, 2012
Beretta92: yeah,cud u pls help me establish a correspondence with him,so i can direct my question at him.been trying for eons nw.i'd really appreciate d favour.thnx.
. Lol. C ds 1 o, wotz ur own job? Beta learn to do things 4urself, sought 4d only way humans communicate wt God wc is- prayer, nd stop being lazy. Oleyo
Re: Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? by MacDaddy01: 1:44pm On Oct 07, 2012
pheyikemi: all i can deduce here is dat u r sooo frustrated dt u r lukn 4som 1 to take dat on. Atheist is sm1 hu blivs thr is no God. I bliv thr is God, u r d 1 hu doesnt bliv He exist. So i shd gladly cal u an atheist not vice-versa

Lol.....you deduce that I'm frustrated? lol

Look at then topic and ask yourself why you are here. The OP is asking a question many non believers ask.

Did Jesus really sacrifice himself when he could always come back?

I am not the one that believes in fairytales wink
Re: Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? by MacDaddy01: 1:45pm On Oct 07, 2012
bankyblue: Some fools needs to be shot to death. Could this be frustration? What
Was he thinking of when coming up with this topic. Or is it a must for
Ur bad comment to be viewed? This is a real mad man on the loose.

Lol.....how ironic when your post is full of anger.
Re: Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? by pheyikemi: 1:48pm On Oct 07, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Lol.....you deduce that I'm frustrated? lol

Look at then topic and ask yourself why you are here. The OP is asking a question many non believers ask.

Did Jesus really sacrifice himself when he could always come back?

I am not the one that believes in fairytales wink
. Hw was i to knw u r an unbeliever or dis is an unbeliever's grp? So ds is a blindman leadin a blindman talk. No wonder pple wt gud reasons didnt venture here. Now i undastnd nd i opt out of ur grp.
Re: Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? by MacDaddy01: 1:50pm On Oct 07, 2012
pheyikemi: . Hw was i to knw u r an unbeliever or dis is an unbeliever's grp? So ds is a blindman leadin a blindman talk. No wonder pple wt gud reasons didnt venture here. Now i undastnd nd i opt out of ur grp.

Huh?

Please, dont let the door add to your butthurt on the way out1
Re: Did Jesus Really Make A Sacrifice? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 07, 2012
*Saw notification, clicked expecting to get answer, shocked by number of christ like comments..*

heehee, defend your faith, not attack the messenger..

(1) (2) (Reply)

What The Bible Has To Say About Ebola Virus & Its Solution / One Question, Three Different Answers / Must Watch! Nigeria's First Female Solo Bassist Drops Fun Carol Music Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.