Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,538 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students (43941 Views)

Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) / UNIPORT Students And ALUU Villagers Fighting In Port-Harcourt / Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by 2goodbobo(m): 12:21pm On Oct 07, 2012
Taken another man's life is so not cool. We have done horrible thing in our closet that God should have taken our lives by now but yet we are still breathing. I dont even have the liver to kill a goat talkless of Human. If i was among the people in the crowd, i would have call the police. What a gory video men

3 Likes

Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by Tlake(m): 12:22pm On Oct 07, 2012
CastleandGreen: One of those guys is my neighbor, a very quite and humble boy.
Honestly this is too inhuman and the government must do something
about this devilish act.
And on the other hand illiterates and unschooled people are the
biggest problem Nigeria has.
. How are his parent copin

1 Like

Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by khalids: 12:22pm On Oct 07, 2012
This is too bad
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by tucker12(m): 12:22pm On Oct 07, 2012
FAILIED STATE WHAT DO YOU EXPECT!!! sad sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by NOIBMUUL(m): 12:22pm On Oct 07, 2012
I wept bitterly when I saw this video. Where is the brotherly love, the sympathy and human feeling? Can we equate mere phones and laptops with human lives? Dear Lord, please have mercy on us.
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by SirMethod1(m): 12:23pm On Oct 07, 2012
190: who died!and who was killed!

Omdazz I've lived far too long in d USA 2know what's going on in nigeria
Stay where u are bro
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by claremont(m): 12:23pm On Oct 07, 2012
There is no room for barbarism in a civilised society. The perpetrators of barbaric actions such as this and those who stood by watching are all equally culpable of inhumanity to a fellow man. There has always been a thin line that separates human beings from the lower animals who kill and eat one another, and the actions of these individuals just goes to show how easy it is to breach this line.

It has been scientifically proven that there is a negative correlation between the crime in a society and the barbaric nature of the punishment meted out to criminals. That explains how ironical it is that countries with the lowest crime rates in the world are those with civilised judicial systems of meting out criminal punishments, while countries with the highest crime rates are those where jungle justice and barbarism prevails at the expense of an inept judicial system.

1 Like

Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 07, 2012
And some still have hope for the hell hole called Nigeria I even thought those kids murdered people, but all they did was steal and they were killed in such a barbaric way. It is clear Nigeria's problems are simply its inhabitants!

2 Likes

Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by solomto(f): 12:24pm On Oct 07, 2012
I hv bn experiencing serious headache after watching the video clip this morning,it was barbaric and inhumane.
Those people hv bn cursed already and they must suffer the consequences. Who gv them the authority to take life,, people that committed more serious crime were left for the court to judge and prosecute. God hv mercy on Nigeria bcus all this natural disasters that we are suffering nw may be bcus of too much blood shed.
Horror!!!
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by chreldb(m): 12:25pm On Oct 07, 2012
Good to hear. They should start of by picking up the elders of the community that declared the boys guilty. they will be able to identify the vampires that carried out the killings. After that they can all be convicted.

2 Likes

Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by SirMethod1(m): 12:25pm On Oct 07, 2012
khalids: Nigerians are so wicked.........No human being deserves to be treated like this.........HOPE EVERYONE REMEMBERS THAT WE WILL ALL BE JUDGED........Jesus Christ said let he without sin cast the first stone.....who amongst us as not sinned in his life......This is also a warning to nairalanders who are here passing judgement....you will also be judged for your comments.......I've said my piece
So u are wicked?, Unguided comments reflects inadequate reasoning. Think b4 u speak/write
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 07, 2012
Arsenate: wtf is wrong with you? All u do here is move from one thread to the other calling Nigeria and Nigerians all sorts of derogatory name. Mr. Man take your bitterness somewhere, ok.
Redsun is the guy who they opened that topic for 'WHY ARE NIGERIANS IN DIASPORA SO BITTER '
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by omoobajeje1(m): 12:26pm On Oct 07, 2012
[quote author=ambrosini593]The Police in Rivers State has launched a manhunt of the mob that beat four male students: Ugonna, Lloyd, Tekana and Chidiaka of the University of Port Harcourt (Uniport) on friday morning and later set them ablaze, after putting car tyres on their necks, for allegedly stealing mobile phones and laptops. www.thenationonlineng.net/new/news-update/police-begin-manhunt-for-killers-of-uniport-students/[/quot To late to cry when the head Į̸̸̨§ off. Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ Naija school securities and their lapses. What a show of shame.
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by khalids: 12:27pm On Oct 07, 2012
I was really saddened watching this.
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 07, 2012
Odunnu: Where were the police when those guys were being beaten?
Bunch of noisemakes!
ANOTHER BITTER WOMAN. WETIN HAPPEN ? YA HUSBAND LEAVE YOU FOR YOUNGER MODEL ?
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by chreldb(m): 12:28pm On Oct 07, 2012
engineerd: And some still have hope for the hell hole called Nigeria I even thought those kids murdered people, but all they did was steal and they were killed in such a barbaric way. It is clear Nigeria's problems are simply its inhabitants!

Point of correction @ bolded there is no proof that they even stole anything. This is a clear cut case of homicide

3 Likes

Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by johnstar(m): 12:29pm On Oct 07, 2012
Ranoscky: That video was horrible mehn, Spartacus!

May those killers never go unpunished.
cn I have d video link please sad sad, let me see 4 my self
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by omoobajeje1(m): 12:31pm On Oct 07, 2012
To late 2 cry wn D̶̲̥̅̊ head Į̸̸̨§ off. Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ naija school securities and their lapses. What a show of shame
ambrosini593: The Police in Rivers State has launched a manhunt of the mob that beat four male students: Ugonna, Lloyd, Tekana and Chidiaka of the University of Port Harcourt (Uniport) on friday morning and later set them ablaze, after putting car tyres on their necks, for allegedly stealing mobile phones and laptops. www.thenationonlineng.net/new/news-update/police-begin-manhunt-for-killers-of-uniport-students/
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by mrkels(m): 12:32pm On Oct 07, 2012
[size=13pt]Its sad,but shiiit happens, when they were doing it, it was sweet, they were hard men!!! Big boys...I have seen what bad guys can do to people first hand. So if these guys were what they said they were, then that jungle justice was cool, even though I don't support it.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by redsun(m): 12:32pm On Oct 07, 2012
tpapi: can u see d side effect of takin 2much snuff

Your kitten don dry up agains.You need some wild talk to lubricate it again.It is not coming from me.
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by jude4real: 12:33pm On Oct 07, 2012
berekete86: I keep thinking about the fifth guy that ran away, i wonder how he must be feeling by now, seeing pics and video of his friends and realizing he could have been dead by now.....na today he go repent grin
Definitely, if he nor repent naim be say he nor go ever repent for him life again.
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by dabossman(m): 12:33pm On Oct 07, 2012
Odunnu: Where were the police when those guys were being beaten?
Bunch of noisemakes!

Where was the police when Brevik shot several students dead in Norway? Where were the Police during the Colorado cinema shooting in America? You talk as if the Police are omnipresent spirits. Why didn't anybody in that large crowd that stood to watch the lynching call the police. They are just as guilty as those who did the actual killing.
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by mrkels(m): 12:33pm On Oct 07, 2012
chreld_b:

Point of correction @ bolded there is no proof that they even stole anything. This is a clear cut case of homicide
Shut up there, its impossible for a mob to just beat the hell out of three students that didn't do anything. Shekina!!!
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by Adufaye(m): 12:34pm On Oct 07, 2012
al dose pple wey burn dem even steal pas dem...nd de no fit telme say dem neva steal
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by fittty(m): 12:34pm On Oct 07, 2012
Wtf and people cld stand to see this happen shocked
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by freecocoa(f): 12:34pm On Oct 07, 2012
What annoys me most is that there is no proof yet that those boys were really robbers, there are just pointers that they were in the wrong place at the wrong time and another human being with blood running through his veins condemned them to such cruelty.

That guy in the sweatshirt is not supposed to live amongst normal people, he is clearly a beast and should be caged, how women and girls could watch someone being killed and laugh about it is beyond me, that community is cursed and need to ask for forgiveness or else they'll never know peace.

4 Likes

Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by mskata(m): 12:34pm On Oct 07, 2012
Immune#1:
If you see these robbers in action,at some point you will be watching that video with all delight.In as much as we humans are not meant to decide who lives and who dies,instances of jungle justice like these balance up for lapses in our justice system.

Those boys were nt robbers,pls get d full gist.
wrong place wrong time
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by Mcdondayan: 12:35pm On Oct 07, 2012
when i read some comments here, i cant just help but laugh. In as much as i do not support the murder of those guys you need to see the kind of horror they inflict on other studients. I was a studient of IMSU and i lived in okwu uratta rd (for those of you that know owerri) these studient go from hostel to hostel each night with heavy pump action guns to rob at night, and you are been shot if you fail to co-operate. After the robbery, they go with some girls and rape them. In two days time they will visit another hostel and repeat the same evil act and the cycle continues. On our way back from 6am mass on a particular sunday we ran to the aid of a crying who was shot on the leg for refusing to give them her phone.
A studient was nearly killed but for the intervention of the police because he pointed a gun at a fellow studient who chased him into the bush in order to collect the phone of a female studient that was robbed, pulled the trigger twice but the gun refused to shoot.
I can give you more evil incidents that took place in okwu uratta rd alone. The funniest thing is that you will still see these guys the following day on the street and they move abt so freely.
On one night robbery occassion when i called the police they said they could nt come because the university failed to give them the bus they asked for.
Killing of any form is bad but with the kind of terror there guys unleash one might be forced to be a savage..
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by mynameisjade: 12:35pm On Oct 07, 2012
If they where kids of a certain bigshot i give the "hardworking POLICE" sum 2-3days to find the killers undecidedBut on d oda hand lets sit back n see what happens n also unite in one voice n spirit till dis gets to the apropiate Office......I dont subscribe to this form of Terrorisim n Backwardness,its just INHUMANE!!!!!!!
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by mrkels(m): 12:35pm On Oct 07, 2012
dabossman:

Where was the police when Brevik shot several students dead in Norway? Where were the Police during the Colorado cinema shooting in America? You talk as if the Police are omnipresent spirits. Why didn't anybody in that large crowd that stood to watch the lynching call the police. They are just as guilty as those who did the actual killing.
[size=15pt]where were the police when the three boys that were killed were carrying out their mischevious activities. Abegi. Leave those boys. They sowed and evil seed and reaped it[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by saintdoh: 12:36pm On Oct 07, 2012
The killers should be made to face the wrath of law,so that they will learm to adhere to our constitution rather than take the laws into their hands
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 07, 2012
chreld_b:

Lets not get carried away, i've being a victim of armed robbery in Nigeria where the driver was shot and i had to hop out of a moving vehicle at the age of 10. The experience can be traumatic. All i am saying is while what the crowd did was definitely wrong, it goes to show the level of lawlessness and to some extent helplessness!!!! Even if they murdered someone, they deserved a quick death. I cannot begin to imagine........NIGERIANS must change...WITH ALL THE CHURCH GOING AND ALL......I'M JUST SPEECHLESS.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

California Police Kill A Black Man After Mistaken His Cellphone For A Gun. / Man Loses joystick During Fight In Lagos / 12 ASPs In Police Convoy Kidnapped, Families Selling Properties To Pay Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.