Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

*** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** (200203 Views)

My Trip To Ireland Dublin / Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies / Nigerians In Ireland ''Dublin'' Etc, Lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Imustreturn(m): 10:33am On Dec 05, 2022
People in Ireland please any update for care work happening in January?
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Yinkaolu(m): 8:37am On Dec 06, 2022
Good morning all and I must say this thread has been so helpful.

I got my Passport yesterday, I applied on 31st August, 2022. I was REFUSED

These are the excuses they gave

1. My finances! They did not believe I have access to the money and complained about some lumpsums that came in and also on the fact that I use my money to balances that they believe are inconsistent with the expected amount that will cover for my stay for a week

2. My itinerary has passed as I informed I will travel in October as a result of expecting 6-8 weeks to process my visa

3. I did not book my hotel even though I showed them where I will stay. Will never have booked o until I see my Visa approved

4. They believed I did not have a tie to my home country (I run my business, have pictures of my family attached, showed them evidence of my assets (cars and house), church leadership!) This must be the Nigeria Japa factor and every Nigerian is now a suspect

5. My travel history was also an issue. I had only travelled to Cape Town and Dubai before now. They pointed to this that my last travel out of Nigeria was in 2018

6. The application letter too was stylishly used against me. I wrote that I LOOK FORWARD TO HAVING A WEEK OR TWO WEEK REST AT THE END OF THE YEAR.

7. Looks like they were not concerned about my earlier UK refusal though. Won't know if that also affected the decision though

Conclusion: I am truly not too bothered as indeed i just want to go for sightseeing and rest from many wahala and stress around here. not thinking of Japaing for now.

I am looking to APPEAL even if not for overturning their decision. Do I need to add my Passport again as I can't afford giving them another 3 months to hold me to ransom o

Sincerely, BEING A NIGERIAN AT THIS MOMENT IS SERIOUS O!
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by otunbaajamu(m): 10:48am On Dec 06, 2022
I think for UK and Ireland, you can keep your passport while your application is being assessed. It attracts some amount for the service.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Yinkaolu(m): 2:15pm On Dec 06, 2022
otunbaajamu:
I think for UK and Ireland, you can keep your passport while your application is being assessed. It attracts some amount for the service.

They said it is free

1 Like

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Ashirioluwa: 11:29am On Dec 07, 2022
Yinkaolu:
Good morning all and I must say this thread has been so helpful.

I got my Passport yesterday, I applied on 31st August, 2022. I was REFUSED

These are the excuses they gave

1. My finances! They did not believe I have access to the money and complained about some lumpsums that came in and also on the fact that I use my money to balances that they believe are inconsistent with the expected amount that will cover for my stay for a week

2. My itinerary has passed as I informed I will travel in October as a result of expecting 6-8 weeks to process my visa

3. I did not book my hotel even though I showed them where I will stay. Will never have booked o until I see my Visa approved

4. They believed I did not have a tie to my home country (I run my business, have pictures of my family attached, showed them evidence of my assets (cars and house), church leadership!) This must be the Nigeria Japa factor and every Nigerian is now a suspect

5. My travel history was also an issue. I had only travelled to Cape Town and Dubai before now. They pointed to this that my last travel out of Nigeria was in 2018

6. The application letter too was stylishly used against me. I wrote that I LOOK FORWARD TO HAVING A WEEK OR TWO WEEK REST AT THE END OF THE YEAR.

7. Looks like they were not concerned about my earlier UK refusal though. Won't know if that also affected the decision though

Conclusion: I am truly not too bothered as indeed i just want to go for sightseeing and rest from many wahala and stress around here. not thinking of Japaing for now.

I am looking to APPEAL even if not for overturning their decision. Do I need to add my Passport again as I can't afford giving them another 3 months to hold me to ransom o

Sincerely, BEING A NIGERIAN AT THIS MOMENT IS SERIOUS O!

Do your best to appeal. You should briefly describe your finances and business in your letter of appeal.

Don't forget to mention your family and include any supporting materials, such as family photos and your marriage license.

You can also obtain a letter from your church. This can be used to demonstrate your connections to your local community (social ties).

Include all the necessary information that will help you show strong home and financial ties.

My wife and I were scheduled to travel from October 27 through November 3, but, because of embassy processing delays, I have to travel alone. She did her biometrics on August 24 and received her passport back on December 2nd, after the travel date deadlines. Regardless, her visa was approved.

Appeal processing is faster than regular visa processing. I don't think it will take more than a month to process because, as of Monday, December 5, they have started processing those appeal applications received on November 20.

1 Like

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Yinkaolu(m): 6:11pm On Dec 07, 2022
Thank you so much for this. I will do as advised.

Ashirioluwa:

Do your best to appeal. You should briefly describe your finances and business in your letter of appeal.

Don't forget to mention your family and include any supporting materials, such as family photos and your marriage license.

You can also obtain a letter from your church. This can be used to demonstrate your connections to your local community (social ties).

Include all the necessary information that will help you show strong home and financial ties.

My wife and I were scheduled to travel from October 27 through November 3, but, because of embassy processing delays, I have to travel alone. She did her biometrics on August 24 and received her passport back on December 2nd, after the travel date deadlines. Regardless, her visa was approved.

Appeal processing is faster than regular visa processing. I don't think it will take more than a month to process because, as of Monday, December 5, they have started processing those appeal applications received on November 20.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by ThorpThor: 11:16am On Dec 12, 2022
Hello

Please if my visa get approved, will I get a mail from the embassy to inform me or will I be informed by VFS on the decision
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Ashirioluwa: 7:53pm On Dec 13, 2022
ThorpThor:
Hello

Please if my visa get approved, will I get a mail from the embassy to inform me or will I be informed by VFS on the decision

When was your biometrics?
As at December 12, they started processing visit visa applications received at the embassy in Abuja on October 5

You can see it through the weekly decision report.

- Go to Ireland embassy, Nigeria website
- Scroll down then click on “our services”
- Click on visas
- Click on weekly decision report
- You will see the weekly report for the past 4 weeks

You can then check for your reference number on the list. Your reference number is on the receipt you got from application center when you went for your biometrics. Start with IRL

Below is one of the pages of last week report from December 5 through 11 that was published on Monday December 12.

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by TooMuchMoney: 4:54am On Dec 16, 2022
Ashirioluwa:

Passport delivered today. Visa approved

Congratulations ooo
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by works1: 11:18am On Dec 22, 2022
Good morning all,
This thread has been so helpful.

I got my Passport today, I applied on 24th, October 2022. I was REFUSED

These are the excuses they gave.

I am looking to appeal please house kindly guide me.

1 Like

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Ashirioluwa: 1:52am On Dec 23, 2022
works1:
Good morning all,
This thread has been so helpful.

I got my Passport today, I applied on 24th, October 2022. I was REFUSED

These are the excuses they gave.

I am looking to appeal please house kindly guide me.

Based on the statements or comments in your refusal letter I don’t think appeal will have any effect in this particular case.

All you need to do is study the refusal letter and make sure you address those issues in your next application.

Note: I am not an agent or immigration expert. This is just my personal opinion.

2 Likes

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by ExpressBooking(m): 5:20am On Dec 23, 2022
Ashirioluwa:

Based on the statements or comments in your refusal letter I don’t think appeal will have any effect in this particular case.

All you need to do is study the refusal letter and make sure you address those issues in your next application.

Note: I am not an agent or immigration expert. This is just my personal opinion.

Well said. The reasons are so many to turn around with an appeal.

1 Like

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by works1: 9:06am On Dec 26, 2022
Thanks so much,

Really appreciate ALL your responses sirs,

But ALL reasons stated in the refusal letter are not real except I didn't submit a personal bank statement.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Ashirioluwa: 1:12am On Jan 02, 2023
I think it's better for a visa application to be denied than for the applicant to be banned from applying for visas.

Please don't even consider applying for an Irish visa if you have any intention of using fake or forged documents, because you will be banned for five years if caught.

In case anyone is applying on your behalf: Make sure he or she does not use fabricated or fake documents, because the repercussions will fall on you and not on the agent.

1 Like

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Aremu89: 11:32pm On Jan 09, 2023
Hi all, please I want to apply for tourist visa, I read that I need to submit copies of my old passports but I can't find one of my old passports again, have only two with me now. Please what can I do so as not to affect my application. Thank you
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by talk2dekky(f): 9:27pm On Jan 18, 2023
Please how can one book appointment with vfs, it keeps saying no appointment dates.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Eculizumab: 11:03am On Jan 22, 2023
Hello Everyone
After getting my visa approved, Do i need to schedule for medicals?
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by ifeoluwasegun(m): 5:37pm On Apr 19, 2023
talk2dekky:
Please how can one book appointment with vfs, it keeps saying no appointment dates.

Hi,
Were you able to eventually get an appointment? I'm in the same situation now, been looking for appointment for Tourist application at the VFS Lagos and nothing is coming up, but there's a date for other visa types in Lagos and Tourist is available in Abuja too.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by talk2dekky(f): 10:45am On Apr 29, 2023
So sorry for the late reply. I had to go to Abuja.

ifeoluwasegun:

Hi,
Were you able to eventually get an appointment? I'm in the same situation now, been looking for appointment for Tourist application at the VFS Lagos and nothing is coming up, but there's a date for other visa types in Lagos and Tourist is available in Abuja too.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Soraco57(m): 10:19pm On Jun 06, 2023
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Atinukemi23: 11:50am On Jun 27, 2023
[quote author=Ashirioluwa post=119621266]I think it's better for a visa application to be denied than for the applicant to be banned from applying for visas.

Please don't even consider applying for an Irish visa if you have any intention of using fake or forged documents, because you will be banned for five years if caught.

In case anyone is applying on your behalf: Make sure he or she does not use fabricated or fake documents, because the repercussions will fall on you and not on the agent.

Please has anyone been granted Irish Visa in the past after not declaring other countries refusals)
Refusal is not based on fraud but financial grounds (inconsistencies) ?
Especially for U.K. ?
I know people are normally worried if declaring previous refusals of another country limited their chances.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by adeyemo001: 12:36pm On Jul 05, 2023
[quote author= Atinukemi23 post=124063561][/quote]

Hmm
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by dotcomnamename: 12:38pm On Jul 05, 2023
[quote author= Atinukemi23 post=124063561][/quote]

My biological sister was banned for 5 years in 2018, i lifted the ban for her in 2016, she applied for UK in 2017 but was refused based on financial ability. I invited her in 2023 and was granted 3 months visit visa. My observation is that: "Be honest and explain everything and your intention in your statement of purpose". Many people underrate State of Purpose (SOP). It's really good. She has since then visited me and went back to Nigeria and i am sure if she apply to for UK visa now she will be granted. Though i'm an Irish citizen but i don't think that has anything to do with their decision. It's all about being honest in your application especially your SOP. I learned this from Justwise and Vicjustice, i really appreciate them. Just be honest.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Ashirioluwa: 4:09pm On Jul 29, 2023
Does it mean that people are not applying for Irish visas anymore because this forum is moving at a snail's pace
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Awesomeosas: 8:29am On Aug 01, 2023
Gurus in the house please I need your advice, I applied for study visa and when I check the weekly decision report yesterday 31st July my application was refused. My question is
1. How long will it take for me to get back my documents to know the reason for my refusal
2. My class is suppose to resume 18th sept 2023, if I appeal do you think I can make it before my resumption date
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Ashirioluwa: 9:55am On Aug 02, 2023
Awesomeosas:
Gurus in the house please I need your advice, I applied for study visa and when I check the weekly decision report yesterday 31st July my application was refused. My question is
1. How long will it take for me to get back my documents to know the reason for my refusal
2. My class is suppose to resume 18th sept 2023, if I appeal do you think I can make it before my resumption date

You should receive your passport back a few days after the weekly decision report is published because a decision has already been reached on your application.

They handle appeals more quickly than standard applications. At end of the day, if the appeal ruling is favorable and your school has resumed, then defer your admission to the following semester.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Ashirioluwa: 2:32pm On Aug 05, 2023
dotcomnamename:

My biological sister was banned for 5 years in 2018, i lifted the ban for her in 2016, she applied for UK in 2017 but was refused based on financial ability. I invited her in 2023 and was granted 3 months visit visa. My observation is that: "Be honest and explain everything and your intention in your statement of purpose". Many people underrate State of Purpose (SOP). It's really good. She has since then visited me and went back to Nigeria and i am sure if she apply to for UK visa now she will be granted. Though i'm an Irish citizen but i don't think that has anything to do with their decision. It's all about being honest in your application especially your SOP. I learned this from Justwise and Vicjustice, i really appreciate them. Just be honest.

She claimed that her sister was banned in 2018 for 5 years, but lifted the ban in 2016. This story is not right.

@Atinukemi23

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (Reply)

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / General New Zealand Student Enquires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.