Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Don’t Promise Marriage To Any Girl If…! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don’t Promise Marriage To Any Girl If…! (6111 Views)

What Will You Answer You Wife/girl If She Asked You This Question? / How To Get The Girl If She's Already In A Relationship / Sms That Would Make Any Girl Fall In Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Promise Marriage To Any Girl If…! by 2scorehigh(m): 11:40am On Oct 08, 2012
Have you ever heard someone say something like that? I bet.

Just the other day, I came across some group of girls who were fiercely bashing some other guy. When I asked them what crime the poor guy has committed, they told me bitterly that the stupid boy failed to keep the marriage promise he made to some other girl.

I thought I didn’t hear them clearly so I asked them, "And so? Does it mean one must now fulfill all promises?" They told me that at least when it comes to marriage, the answer is "Yes!"

I burst into laughter. The way they said it, it sounded so lame to me. It sounded exactly like something someone who is so desperate or someone who believes the supply of men is fast drying up will say. I mean, is it me or are our girls becoming more and more gullible and stupid now with that type of thinking?

I told them, "C'mon, we are guys and we can say anything whether we mean it or not just to get some… wink wink winkyou know, from you girls…"

To buttress my point, I went further to tell them that if I were a girl, I will not just accept any man who comes my way without putting him through my personal preference test. I asked them if they were trying to tell me that they were willing to believe and accept anyhow type of man as long as he uses, as they put it, the same mouth with which he eats yam and cocoyam; to tell them that he is going to marry them. I also reminded them that it is very possible for someone to mean something they said only to later change their minds as in cases when the girl starts revealing her true colors or when the guy is now completely (dis)satisfied with her as the case might be…

They flared up and said to me that "if you know you do't mean it then don't say it!" They even went further to warn me in a form of accusation that if I am into that type of "promise-and-fail" marriage things, that I should stop it at once because if the girl in question [uses her pants and] swears for me, that any curse/s she places on me will surely come to pass!

Now that was very funny but the infrared fire that their eyes were radiating warned me to hold back that guffaw. Oh boy, these girls were dead serious o! You should have seen them!

I quickly excused myself and took my leave before I say one more [wrong] thing and they’ll get the inspiration to transfer their aggression by descending on the nearest human male specie around which incidentally happens to be me!
Don’t blame me. I had to take precautions since I so much hate surprises. You know you can never know with women – these days?

Later in the day, in retrospect, I decided to get more people's opinion on that issue.

Now, this is where it gets interesting. My aunty while confirming it sternly warned me not to ever in my life make the mistake of promising marriage to any girl most especially when I know I am not ready for marriage. She told me that such happenstances can cause a very turbulent, disastrous and childless marriage for the guy later in life, should the girl/s he abandoned curse him. She even told me that it works both ways meaning that guys can also place [lots and loads of] curses on girls who abandon them for another man after initially accepting their marriage proposal! She said she knew some men and women whom it had happened to in the past.

And now I am bringing that same question here on nairaland. Ladies and Gents, please tell me what you really think. Let’s hear your views. Have you ever seen it happen – to anyone you know? Or do you believe, just like me, that it’s all pure superstition?

OK, one more thing. Ladies, please tell me why will you believe any guy who tells you he wants to marry you – just like that? And will you curse him if he doesn’t keep up with his words? Not to mention with or without your panties, of course…? grin grin grin
Re: Don’t Promise Marriage To Any Girl If…! by k2039: 12:28pm On Oct 08, 2012

That was one of the things I was warned at home never to do:
1)Never promise a girl you will marry her.
2)Dont haves se*x with a virgin if you are not sure you will marry her(if you do,make sure you dont break her heart(dont leave her except she leaves you)

I was warned sternly when I was about to get into the university(funny enough the advise came from my aunt and mum(both female,lol)
Re: Don’t Promise Marriage To Any Girl If…! by 190: 12:47pm On Oct 08, 2012
This thread is for sale beware of 419 angry
Re: Don’t Promise Marriage To Any Girl If…! by Mynd44: 1:07pm On Oct 08, 2012
k2039:
That was one of the things I was warned at home never to do:
1)Never promise a girl you will marry her.
2)Dont haves se*x with a virgin if you are not sure you will marry her(if you do,make sure you dont break her heart(dont leave her except she leaves you)

I was warned sternly when I was about to get into the university(funny enough the advise came from my aunt and mum(both female,lol)

I was told the same thing. But seriously, why would I wanna promise a girl that I would marry her? Its just silly in every way imaginable

1 Like

Re: Don’t Promise Marriage To Any Girl If…! by UjSizzle(f): 1:15pm On Oct 08, 2012
And guys wonder why women are advised not to lay their eggs in one basket by other females (reminds me of another post). A promise of marriage isn't a guarantee of marriage.
Re: Don’t Promise Marriage To Any Girl If…! by greedie1(f): 3:59pm On Oct 08, 2012
If this makes me superstitious, den so be it...i believe der is always a repercussion for failing to keep a promise. A guy should never promise a lady marriage just cz he wants to have a taste of her. Most often than not, des ladies are committed to d rship, are madly in love and have built der world around d guys in question and wen guys promise marriage, dey start planning der dream wedding and thinking of the appropriate no of kids to have..... And den, all of a sudden, d ediot impregnate and marry another girl!

I dont know about others but my word is my bound and i expect anyone im dealing wit to honour their word... If u cant keep a promise, den dont make it

1 Like

Re: Don’t Promise Marriage To Any Girl If…! by 190: 4:11pm On Oct 08, 2012
uj_sizzle: And guys wonder why women are advised not to lay their eggs in one basket by other females (reminds me of another post). A promise of marriage isn't a guarantee of marriage.

angry angry

(1) (Reply)

What Wrong With My Gf Pic? / Is This Clothing Ideal For Female School Teacher To Wear? (pic) / Some Unstaged Wedding Photographs That Show The Father-daughter Relationship.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.