Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Desola Ade-Unuigbe Supports Aluu Community - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Desola Ade-Unuigbe Supports Aluu Community (27629 Views)

Raw Video Of Uniport Aluu 4 Killings Viewers Discretion Advised / One Of The ALUU 4 Killers Caught. / UNIPORT Students And ALUU Villagers Fighting In Port-Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desola Ade-Unuigbe Supports Aluu Community by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 09, 2012
Protest against Aluu community because of the death of four people..

But too cowardly to protest against the ruling elites over the death and improvishment of millions of Nigerians...

Cowardly and silly Nigerians - you guy have the lowest IQs on this planet!!!!!!

I'm out, COWARDS!!! cool

3 Likes

Re: Desola Ade-Unuigbe Supports Aluu Community by Kaybaba5(m): 4:51pm On Oct 09, 2012
It is rather sympathetic, how could you tortured ur fellow to the extent of hiting the stick on his head for him to give up his life and die, can they swear to God that they hav not commited any crime since they were born. The life u can't create, two wrongs don't make A right. Those people are heartless, they don't. Hav fear of God. I couldn't watch the video, tears began to roll from my eyes. This bad act is too much. Something must be done and they must not go free. We should not be putting law into our hands, jungle justice must be avoided
Re: Desola Ade-Unuigbe Supports Aluu Community by israelbenzion: 4:52pm On Oct 09, 2012
coogar: desola ade unuigbe is a bästard! i hope his mother and his siblings get killed in the same manner! what an attention seeking bat!

U didn't even understand wat he was trying to say. And even wit d clear disclaimer he put up, u still don't get it?
Re: Desola Ade-Unuigbe Supports Aluu Community by SisiKill1: 4:52pm On Oct 09, 2012
publisher:
Aluu4: WE ARE ALL GUILTY

Link:http://mrstanleynwabia..com/2012/10/aluu4-we-are-all-guilty.html

I so agree with this article!!

I can't count how many times I cringed when I saw people asking for the video. It's one thing to create a thread with the video and people see it, it is another to actually request. . .no BEG that the video to be mailed to you or asking to be directed to the site where you can see it.

Never saw the ASUU ra/pe video, did not see this one either. . .people's commentary on it was enough abeg.
Re: Desola Ade-Unuigbe Supports Aluu Community by samtoye(m): 4:52pm On Oct 09, 2012
Until Nigerians start seeing things objectively then we are not ready to move forward....the familiar empathy and sentiments with no solution. Kindly note that all of you using derogatory terms for the Posters fall under the same category with the Aluu people, you have just exhibited the same intolerance and it has blinded you from reasoning with others opinion.
Re: Desola Ade-Unuigbe Supports Aluu Community by maclatunji: 4:53pm On Oct 09, 2012
shymexx: Nigerians have shown how unintelligent and stupid they're... When it comes to the scheme of thing, you ought think critically, and not let emotions becloud your judgement... Desola said what everything a critical thinker would have - and no matter how you look at it, everything falls on the shoulders of the government and those who have ruled Nigeria from independence....

Why can't you angry souls channel some of the anger you're spewing towards ALUU Community, against your govenment that has made this vicious cycle of poverty, destruction, anger etc.. continue unabated?? I read somewhere that the guys were cultists... Why didn't you guys channel the same anger against your government and boko haram for the gruesome killings of the innocent Mubi students(I've watched both videos and Mubi killings took barbarism to another level) And not everyone in ALUU was involved in the gruesome killings, why destroy a village because of the crimes of a select few

Nigeria's problems can only be solved from top-down, not bottom-up - and everything will always fall on the shoulders of your rulings elites who created this vicious cycle...

And till you angry souls channel your anger towards the right people(the ruling elites), you'll always be cowardly noisemakers to me...

Quote me!!

Preach on Preacher... Preach on!
Re: Desola Ade-Unuigbe Supports Aluu Community by fabees(f): 4:53pm On Oct 09, 2012
Can pple jst shut der trap 4 once and reason like human beings. We condemn d northerners @ any slight provocation. Wotz d diffrence btwn d Aluu pple and Boko Haram? Wot rubbish is diz writer talking abt? I won't be surprised if hez from Aluu community. If Deola were †̥ be I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ those guyz shoes would he say d community acted well? Haba dude, ƔoƱ Bleep up sha.
Re: Desola Ade-Unuigbe Supports Aluu Community by maclatunji: 4:54pm On Oct 09, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

I so agree with this article!!

I can't count how many times I cringed when I saw people asking for the video. It's one thing to create a thread with the video and people see it, it is another to actually request. . .no BEG that the video to be mailed to you or asking to be directed to the site where you can see it.

Never saw the ASUU ra/pe video, did not see this one either. . .people's commentary on it was enough abeg.

We think alike.
Re: Desola Ade-Unuigbe Supports Aluu Community by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 09, 2012
buzugee: PERSONALLY I THINK, AND NO DISRESPECT TO ANYONE, BUT I THINK YOU ARE ALL A SICK BUNCH AND AS SUCH YOU SHOULD BE WILLING TO SHOW MERCY. THE MAN WHO KEPT PLANKING THEIR HEADS IS OBVIOUSLY A DISTURBED MAN WHO NEEDS HELP. CAN YOU IMAGINE ALL THE EVIL THINGS HE MUST HAVE GONE THROUGH IN HIS LIFE THAT TURNED HIM INTO A MONSTER ? I THINK WE SHOULD ALL SHOW SYMPATHY. THE BOYS ARE GONE. THEY ARE AT REST. THE EVIL NATURE OF THE VILLAGERS IS NO DIFFERENT FROM YOU PEOPLE WHO WATCHED THE VIDEO. YOU ARE ALL SICK AND SOCIOPATHIC TO AN EXTENT. SO LETS ALL JUST SHOW SYMPATHY. THE MAN WITH THE WOOD SHOULD BE TAKEN TO A PSYCHIATRIST AND LETS LET GOD HANDLE THE REST. NO MORE BLOODSHED

Buzugee, Jah bless you, brother lol...

The black race is doomed!!

If people from the most populous black country on this planet are so stupid, ignorant, and unintelligent - I see why black people are at the bottom everywhere...

What a piece of shyte most Nigerians are, freaking cowards...

2 Likes

Re: Desola Ade-Unuigbe Supports Aluu Community by Noraokon: 4:55pm On Oct 09, 2012
am sure you don't exist.but i its a pity that you support modern day cannibalism. may God help u.
Etemma1: Jungle Justice: I Am With Aluu Community By Desola Ade Unuigbe

After seeing only two of the pictures that were being circulated about the 4 “innocent” boys murdered by the Aluu community, and hearing bits and pieces of the story surrounding their deaths, I did not even bother to watch the murder video as I again got angry at my country and tweeted a couple of things about how I had lost all hope in the country, and the countrymen.
One of my brothers immediately tackled me on bbm and tried to get me to see things differently. The truth is that I do. And my anger has simply been misinterpreted. And allow me admit here that my deep hatred towards

Nigeria has been overly convincing. I do not hate Nigeria and probably never will. I will probably always carry an unlit torch of hope for her in my heart. Because I am like a mother when it comes to Nigeria; your child does something bad and you want to punish her, let her know that it is unacceptable to treat people in certain ways. But then in the next minute of a positive achievement you are proudly displaying medals and showing her off to your friends.

I am that mother.
Let me start off by pointing out two things that this situation has made me become aware of, firstly, we obviously do not know the whole story about this alleged laptop and phone theft or cultism or armed robbery resulting in the murder of these four students of University of Port Harcourt. Secondly, the Nigerian people have become so confused that they now do not know where to direct their anger. Or humanity. Or inhumanity.
Just to be clear, I do not in anyway whatsoever support that gruesome murder, I do not support the video of that murder, I do not support the people circulating it, I do not support the people who where murdered, and I do not support the community that carried out the murder. But I understand that community.

I am that community.
Humans are by nature animalistic and barbaric people. Before education and literacy, we had no clue how to live, what to eat or what to wear. The only thing that has helped us achieve some sort of civilization and sophistication is education. So all of this, is just a cover up. Because inside of me, I am an animal, and if cornered, the only defense I have of myself and my family is too attack and attack blindly. Animals do not see reason.

It is because we are animals, dressed up as humans, that we have created the law. We need some sort of regulation and guide because if we are left to wander and control ourselves, we would hurt ourselves.
So we have put our faith in people that we have chosen, people that we trust to help us hear our voice and make sane decisions to profit us as a group of people. That is why we have the government. Not to rule us, but to guide us. Somewhere along the line, the Nigerian government must have gotten the wrong message about why they were put in the positions that they are in. I think it started with the oil, but that is another anger entirely.

I’m not going to focus on the empty promises that we have gotten over the decades, or the unfairness to most Nigerians in their own country, because I don’t even know their story. What I do know is this. The Nigerian people have now reached a point where our government is pointless to us. Our ears are filled with empty promises of change, quelled corruption, discovered secrets and hidden loot. We have heard it all, and we have seen it all.

We do not have a functioning police system. The legal system is flawed. The media is tilted in ways we can’t even begin to comprehend. And the government is king. So let me ask this, if there is a crime, a crime so painful and hurtful, one that personally affects you, one that there’s every possibility that the prepertartors will go free. And if you could, if you were given the opportunity to take matters into your own hands, what would you do?
That’s jungle justice.

If someone walks up to me and says to me, “See this man, he is the one that killed your father. We are not totally sure yet, but we have certain reasons to believe he is the one. And if we let him go now he will get away. So take him”. I will take him. I will hurt him. I will cause him pain in all the ways that I have felt pain. That’s jungle justice.

The law says that every man is innocent until proven guilty. True. But who is doing the proving? And how long is it taking? Nigerians are tired and are having to resort to their own hands for justice. And humanity is dead because we are not human, we are animals. The law should be the human, and Nigeria has no law.
So what do we do?

With jungle justice there is usually no fairness or patience to listen to sides. But even our legal system now has no fairness. Are there no innocent people in jail? Are there no innocent men who have been hung while the guilty ones who sacrificed them sit and watch? Nigeria needs jungle justice. And that’s why I am on the side of the Aluu community. Not because I have no emotions, and not because I am completely evil, but because we have gotten to a period where our actions can be our only words. And the government must be forced to hear.

The Nigerian people do not know where to direct their anger. We are now confused people. We should be angry at the system, and not just empty anger, we should be angry such that our actions are our words. And if we can kill ourselves for minimal reasons, why can’t we fight this bloody system? Because the system is bloody. The massacre in Mubi is still fresh off our lips and again we are dealt with another atrocity that the Nigerian government will slyly push aside till a more convenient time.

A lot of people are condemning the act. A lot of people are condemning the people who acted so barbaric and evil. I will not condemn. I am the people. I have been pushed aside and waited and waited for investigations to finish so that I could have justice. For decades. I am tired of waiting. I will take justice in my hand and pull it out whenever I please. I will misuse justice. I will spit on justice like I have been spat on. I will walk all over justice like I have been walked on. I will hurt whoever I have to hurt for the government to see that Nigeria is in chaos. And that they need to make a turnaround. I will shit on justice till the Nigerian government sees me and stops investigating long enough to actually act.

They are still investigating the Mubi Massacre.
They are still investigating the ABSU gang rape.
They are still investigating Boko Haram bombings.
They are still investigating James Ibori’s theft.
They are still investigating corruption in the power sector.
They are still investigating the Dana crash, Sosoliso crash, Bell View crash.
They are still investigating the death of Rotimi Williams.
They are still investigating elections MKO Abiola should have won.
They are still investigating the fuel subsidy scam.
They are still investigating the 2013 budget.
They are still investigating offshore accounts that Abacha had and we can’t find.
They are still investigating.

While they are investigating, let us take justice in our own hands, and channel our anger towards the government. Let them see that we have had enough and wont just mouth off for a couple of days and return to our lives. While they are investigating, let us take a moment to not reflect on the crime of Aluu community, but to reflect on what pushed them there.
That anger is also in all of us.

We are Aluu community.
Again, just to be extra clear on the matter, I do not in anyway whatsoever support that gruesome murder, I do not support the video of that murder, I do not support the people circulating it, I do not support the people who where murdered, and I do not support the community that carried out the murder. But I understand that community.

http://www.ynaija.com/jungle-justice-i-am-with-aluu-community/
Re: Desola Ade-Unuigbe Supports Aluu Community by aribisala0(m): 4:55pm On Oct 09, 2012
I do not agree with the article but why is it only when elite are concerned that people rally round. Consider the outpouring of emotion for Cynthia or the reaction to the woman arrested at Lekki for killing a LASTMA official. People react because it appears to affect one of "their own". But this is happening everyday in Nigeria and there is a lot of hypocrisy on display. Mob action did not start today and is a symptom NOT the disease.All of us lack the courage to deal with the real problem

People have been lynched in this same Nigeria for stealing blocos by magical means. Where were you all then?
Re: Desola Ade-Unuigbe Supports Aluu Community by lordspiritual(m): 4:56pm On Oct 09, 2012

We are Aluu community.
[size=20pt]Again, just to be extra clear on the matter, I do not in anyway whatsoever support that gruesome murder, I do not support the video of that murder, I do not support the people circulating it, I do not support the people who where murdered, and I do not support the community that carried out the murder. But I understand that community.[/size]

people nor dey read story finish

1 Like

Re: Desola Ade-Unuigbe Supports Aluu Community by seedord247(m): 4:58pm On Oct 09, 2012
This woman/man has just said it all If the Govt failed to protect it citizens what do you want the citizens to do?

Even though we;re not in support of what happened to those boyz, the Aluu community did their best to protect themselves. We cant blame them for that.

For those ranting, i believe these hoodlums have not visited you before, if you have, you will have a positive say to this.
Re: Desola Ade-Unuigbe Supports Aluu Community by fabees(f): 5:00pm On Oct 09, 2012
shymexx: Protest against Aluu community because of the death of four people..

But too cowardly to protest against the ruling elites over the death and improvishment of millions of Nigerians...

Cowardly and silly Nigerians - you guy have the lowest IQs on this planet!!!!!!

I'm out, COWARDS!!! cool

Pls lead d protest Mr brave man. We're talkn abt pple killed like animals and u're talkn abt Govt. Govt here, govt der. Wen will Nigerians learn †̥ fight n protect dem selves since ƔoƱ knw Чυя govt can't help? Ɣ can't Aluu community face d govt datz frustrating dem? If ure dat brave, I dare ƔoƱ †̥ face those embezzling our millions nt some harmless young bois. Mstchew †̥ Allu comm n who Eva supports dem.
Re: Desola Ade-Unuigbe Supports Aluu Community by maclatunji: 5:00pm On Oct 09, 2012
lord.spiritual:

people nor dey read story finish

Take it from me; they see, read and hear only that which suits them. That is the way people are. Hypocrisy is the way of the world except for very few exceptions.
Re: Desola Ade-Unuigbe Supports Aluu Community by KokoBeware: 5:01pm On Oct 09, 2012
Firstly it definitely was not mob action.... it was MURDER...

The mob was sane enough to carry them to a "village chief" this man could have told them to beat up the boys and hand dem over to the police.. but NO he pronounced judgment on them......and some very zealous murderers went ahead to kill them.....

How can you say you understand the community...are there no mothers or people with compassion in that village?? have you not heard of stories where an elderly woman in the community will take of all her clothes begging for the boys life.. that would have saved them.. how can you understand a community where women will come out and watch people lynching young boys...(no matter thier crime)
... Which government are you blaming for this The easiest way out of any situation now is to blame the govt....

2 Likes

Re: Desola Ade-Unuigbe Supports Aluu Community by maclatunji: 5:06pm On Oct 09, 2012
KokoBeware:
Firstly it definitely was not mob action.... it was MURDER...

The mob was sane enough to carry them to a "village chief" this man could have told them to beat up the boys and hand dem over to the police.. but NO he pronounced judgment on them......and some very zealous murderers went ahead to kill them.....

How can you say you understand the community...are there no mothers or people with compassion in that village?? have you not heard of stories where an elderly woman in the community will take of all her clothes begging for the boys life.. that would have saved them.. how can you understand a community where women will come out and watch people lynching young boys...(no matter thier crime)
... Which government are you blaming for this The easiest way out of any situation now is to blame the govt....

I am so sure that the government you seek to defend will make a fine mess of bringing those who perpetrated this crime to justice. Then, people will still be crying foul a few years from now when history repeats itself. It is this vicious cycle we need to stop.
Re: Desola Ade-Unuigbe Supports Aluu Community by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 09, 2012
fabees:
Pls lead d protest Mr brave man. We're talkn abt pple killed like animals and u're talkn abt Govt. Govt here, govt der. Wen will Nigerians learn †̥ fight n protect dem selves since ƔoƱ knw Чυя govt can't help? Ɣ can't Aluu community face d govt datz frustrating dem? If ure dat brave, I dare ƔoƱ †̥ face those embezzling our millions nt some harmless young bois. Mstchew †̥ Allu comm n who Eva supports dem.

Another single digit IQ having apeoid!!!

So, you can protest against ALUU and destroy the livelihood of peasant people, yet you want me to lead to protest against your billionaires with private jets, no

Read my signature, I'm never scared - I was born MILITANT!!!

And why wants to lead cowardly scums in a protest, anyway??
Re: Desola Ade-Unuigbe Supports Aluu Community by overkillR(f): 5:09pm On Oct 09, 2012
If it were your brothers will you be on the same page with Desola? Just be honest with yourself. This isn't politics, this is about a group of young men who were unjustly murdered by savages without hearts!

maclatunji:

Desola doesn't want you to be lawless. She is only reminding us that we become lawless when the system doesn't work, there are so many examples:

1. When young men feel they have to join gangs called cults to be protected whilst on campus.

2. When our young women feel there is nothing wrong in having loads of men as lovers because they feel that is the only way they can survive and make progress in life.

3. When drivers drive against oncoming traffic on one-way roads because they feel that is the only way they can beat the hideous traffic in their city.

4. When job applicants have to cough-out mind-boggling amounts to get jobs.

5. When youths resort to militancy to make a point.

6. When corruption becomes the norm rather than the exception.

7. When crime becomes virtue and justice becomes a vice- you dare not punish the average Nigerian for wrong-doing or breaking the law lest you become "wicked", "heartless" and "evil".

The list goes on and on...
Re: Desola Ade-Unuigbe Supports Aluu Community by jeffoski(m): 5:10pm On Oct 09, 2012
Is funny how people have a different opinion when the incident is not involving them directly. If dis Desola son was the one that was beaten and killed in such a manner and she came up with dis write up then I will totally applaud you. You say you are not in support of anything but then again you praise the key issue. That is mockery. How has the incident help solve the problem in the community?

And for the person who did the recording and sent it out,I thank God you did cos many people won't have known about it or understand the effect of Jungle Justice. It happens a lot especially in lagos(but due to fuel scarcity it has reduced)Maybe by the time we get to see more videos of other incidents and crime we will really understand the situation we are truly faced with in this country and be moved to take action.

By now the true story should have been out and all those involved in the killing arrested and dealt with. I wonder what our press people and police are doing.Everyone in key position should Do something about this. This case should not die like the many unsolved once. Jungle Justice must stop we are not senseless animals living in the Jungle. We should think before we act and not just jump into action just becos some individual prompt us to. d govt is not living up to expectation doesn't mean we should channel our anger on ourselves while they seat in comfort. We blame them for almost everything so we should channel(Boko,kidnap etc)our anger towards them instead.
Re: Desola Ade-Unuigbe Supports Aluu Community by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 09, 2012
Many screaming over these murders would rejoice over an armed robber that was lynched.
We are all hypocrites! Jungle justice is jungle justice no matter the crime,it shouldn't be categorised according to the sin the person committed.So,if you are against jungle justice,please stand for it no matter what crime is committed,if you find yourself secretly rejoicing when a kidnapper or ra pi st is being clobbered to death,you are as bad as the aluu perpetrators.
The writer made very sensible points,and i hope we all learn from it.Whether poor or rich,no life is of more worth than the other.
What of the Mubi killings?Why can't we cry out for justice for them as well?Why can't we put up their pictures and humanise them?Do they not have families?Do they not have facebook pages?Do they not deserve justice as well?Or is justice only reserved for those who can afford it?

Till the day we all decide to march to aso rock and demand that our judicial system be overhauled,till the day we know that if a thief/thug/ra p ist/cultist is caught and handed over to the police and he faces the wrath of the law,these things will keep happening over and over.
Never underestimate the power of poverty,an angel could turn into a murderous beast.

I'd also like to add that anyone circulating those videos or people watching it should visit a psychiatrist.

My sympathy goes to the families of the deceased,and i hope they find the people that took part in this.
Re: Desola Ade-Unuigbe Supports Aluu Community by overkillR(f): 5:14pm On Oct 09, 2012
And your point is?

aribisala0: I do not agree with the article but why is it only when elite are concerned that people rally round. Consider the outpouring of emotion for Cynthia or the reaction to the woman arrested at Lekki for killing a LASTMA official. People react because it appears to affect one of "their own". But this is happening everyday in Nigeria and there is a lot of hypocrisy on display. Mob action did not start today and is a symptom NOT the disease.All of us lack the courage to deal with the real problem

People have been lynched in this same Nigeria for stealing blocos by magical means. Where were you all then?
Re: Desola Ade-Unuigbe Supports Aluu Community by uche13: 5:16pm On Oct 09, 2012
While I seriously condemn the gruesome death of these boys which by the way is heartless, despicable and barbaric to say the least. My mind wonders as to the real reason behind the jungle justice that happened in Aluu and has been prevalent everywhere in this country. I believe the answer is not far fetched.

It is simply because everybody has lost faith in the justice system of this country, hence the need to take laws into our hands.This is a country where:

1. A person goes to report an incident at the Police station and immediately becomes the suspect (accused).

2. The police after arresting criminals, goes ahead after the greasing of hands to release the suspects who then take vengeance on the poor complainant.

3. Criminals boasts openly over the fact that there is nothing anybody, not even the police can do to them on the basis of their connections.

4. Cases stay pending in court for a period of 10 years and more while the accused walks the street free during that period to the pain and detriment of the wronged party etc.

If we have a system where we all are assured that justice will be served expeditiously, recourse would not be made to jungle justice. After all we say "justice delayed is justice denied". If I have the confidence that a man who stole, raped and what have you will be adequately dealt with, why the need to take the laws into my hands. It is so sad and pathetic because no matter what we say, if those wicked villagers are asked why the case wasn't reported to the police, we can all guess the answer they will give.

So sad that these young lads paid the ultimate price for a failed system. While condemning this act, let us at the same time deal with the root cause of these actions.
Re: Desola Ade-Unuigbe Supports Aluu Community by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 09, 2012
We do not have a functioning police system. The legal system is flawed. The media is tilted in ways we can’t even begin to comprehend. And the government is king. So let me ask this, if there is a crime, a crime so painful and hurtful, one that personally affects you, one that there’s every possibility that the prepertartors will go free. And if you could, if you were given the opportunity to take matters into your own hands, what would you do?
That’s jungle justice.

she is saying sensible things, we just have to listen and not jump to conclusions as the title is even nudging us to! she's not supporting the aluu people but giving us the reasons leading to what they did. One will begin to wonder why people can even stand there and WATCH LIVE people being brutally killed while most of us cant stomach watching 2mins of the video of the episode, it can only be explained that they are psychologically prepared for it because of their past experiences, probably had we have similar experience as theirs we would also be urging them on. all in all, the culprit in this sad event is not the aluu people, but those that failed to do their job, those who are feeding fat on money meant for security, those visiting dubai while criminals are roaming free in their backyards, these are the real culprits, the government and her agents! Although the Aluu people will by no chance escape the repercussions of their savagery!!!
Re: Desola Ade-Unuigbe Supports Aluu Community by Willzkid(m): 5:21pm On Oct 09, 2012
We always want to blame the system for everything..It's the easiest way out anyways
Was it the system that removed common sense and human feeling from a full community such that no one could think in a different way?
Was it the system that made clips of the savage brutality that the incident in question is when the police could have been called?
At least the same system provided kerosene that was used to roast those 4 precious destinies...Ironically it is the same system that we blame for scarcity of kerosene..but what do we do with the little the "wicked" system gives us?..of course, we make "human barbecue"
It is the system that took life that it didn't create. In case you don't make heaven feel free to blame the system...the devil will understand
Re: Desola Ade-Unuigbe Supports Aluu Community by mafiacent(m): 5:24pm On Oct 09, 2012
I don't know why anyone would abuse the writer, Although I think the title of d post is wrong, it should be something like "Why Nigerians prefer to take law into their hands" Cos the article simply tells you why it happened, why people stood and recorded it and why something like that could happen again
Re: Desola Ade-Unuigbe Supports Aluu Community by emmatok(m): 5:24pm On Oct 09, 2012
I bet only 10% of the posters here read the article.
SHE SIMPLY SAID NIGERIA IS AN ALUU COMMUNITY.
Re: Desola Ade-Unuigbe Supports Aluu Community by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 09, 2012
SO OBADIAH777= BUZUGEE

2 Likes

Re: Desola Ade-Unuigbe Supports Aluu Community by SisiKill1: 5:27pm On Oct 09, 2012
emmatok: I bet only 10% of the posters here read the article.
SHE SIMPLY SAID NIGERIA IS AN ALUU COMMUNITY.
10%? You are being way too generous. undecided
Re: Desola Ade-Unuigbe Supports Aluu Community by mizzyboy007: 5:33pm On Oct 09, 2012

After seeing only two of the pictures that were being circulated about the 4 “innocent” boys murdered by the Aluu community, and hearing bits and pieces of the story surrounding their deaths, I did not even bother to watch the murder video as I again got angry at my country and tweeted a couple of things about how I had lost all hope in the country, and the countrymen.
One of my brothers immediately tackled me on bbm and tried to get me to see things differently. The truth is that I do. And my anger has simply been misinterpreted. And allow me admit here that my deep hatred towards

Nigeria has been overly convincing. I do not hate Nigeria and probably never will. I will probably always carry an unlit torch of hope for her in my heart. Because I am like a mother when it comes to Nigeria; your child does something bad and you want to punish her, let her know that it is unacceptable to treat people in certain ways. But then in the next minute of a positive achievement you are proudly displaying medals and showing her off to your friends.

I am that mother.
Let me start off by pointing out two things that this situation has made me become aware of, firstly, we obviously do not know the whole story about this alleged laptop and phone theft or cultism or armed robbery resulting in the murder of these four students of University of Port Harcourt. Secondly, the Nigerian people have become so confused that they now do not know where to direct their anger. Or humanity. Or inhumanity.
Just to be clear, I do not in anyway whatsoever support that gruesome murder, I do not support the video of that murder, I do not support the people circulating it, I do not support the people who where murdered, and I do not support the community that carried out the murder. But I understand that community.

I am that community.
Humans are by nature animalistic and barbaric people. Before education and literacy, we had no clue how to live, what to eat or what to wear. The only thing that has helped us achieve some sort of civilization and sophistication is education. So all of this, is just a cover up. Because inside of me, I am an animal, and if cornered, the only defense I have of myself and my family is too attack and attack blindly. Animals do not see reason.

It is because we are animals, dressed up as humans, that we have created the law. We need some sort of regulation and guide because if we are left to wander and control ourselves, we would hurt ourselves.
So we have put our faith in people that we have chosen, people that we trust to help us hear our voice and make sane decisions to profit us as a group of people. That is why we have the government. Not to rule us, but to guide us. Somewhere along the line, the Nigerian government must have gotten the wrong message about why they were put in the positions that they are in. I think it started with the oil, but that is another anger entirely.

I’m not going to focus on the empty promises that we have gotten over the decades, or the unfairness to most Nigerians in their own country, because I don’t even know their story. What I do know is this. The Nigerian people have now reached a point where our government is pointless to us. Our ears are filled with empty promises of change, quelled corruption, discovered secrets and hidden loot. We have heard it all, and we have seen it all.

That’s jungle justice.

If someone walks up to me and says to me, “See this man, he is the one that killed your father. We are not totally sure yet, but we have certain reasons to believe he is the one. And if we let him go now he will get away. So take him”. I will take him. I will hurt him. I will cause him pain in all the ways that I have felt pain. That’s jungle justice.

The law says that every man is innocent until proven guilty. True. But who is doing the proving? And how long is it taking? Nigerians are tired and are having to resort to their own hands for justice. And humanity is dead because we are not human, we are animals. The law should be the human, and Nigeria has no law.
So what do we do?

With jungle justice there is usually no fairness or patience to listen to sides. But even our legal system now has no fairness. Are there no innocent people in jail? Are there no innocent men who have been hung while the guilty ones who sacrificed them sit and watch? Nigeria needs jungle justice. And that’s why I am on the side of the Aluu community. Not because I have no emotions, and not because I am completely evil, but because we have gotten to a period where our actions can be our only words. And the government must be forced to hear.

The Nigerian people do not know where to direct their anger. We are now confused people. We should be angry at the system, and not just empty anger, we should be angry such that our actions are our words. And if we can kill ourselves for minimal reasons, why can’t we fight this bloody system? Because the system is bloody. The massacre in Mubi is still fresh off our lips and again we are dealt with another atrocity that the Nigerian government will slyly push aside till a more convenient time.

A lot of people are condemning the act. A lot of people are condemning the people who acted so barbaric and evil. I will not condemn. I am the people. I have been pushed aside and waited and waited for investigations to finish so that I could have justice. For decades. I am tired of waiting. I will take justice in my hand and pull it out whenever I please. I will misuse justice. I will spit on justice like I have been spat on. I will walk all over justice like I have been walked on. I will hurt whoever I have to hurt for the government to see that Nigeria is in chaos. And that they need to make a turnaround. I will shit on justice till the Nigerian government sees me and stops investigating long enough to actually act.

They are still investigating the Mubi Massacre.
They are still investigating the ABSU gang rape.
They are still investigating Boko Haram bombings.
They are still investigating James Ibori’s theft.
They are still investigating corruption in the power sector.
They are still investigating the Dana crash, Sosoliso crash, Bell View crash.
They are still investigating the death of Rotimi Williams.
They are still investigating elections MKO Abiola should have won.
They are still investigating the fuel subsidy scam.
They are still investigating the 2013 budget.
They are still investigating offshore accounts that Abacha had and we can’t find.
They are still investigating.

While they are investigating, let us take justice in our own hands, and channel our anger towards the government. Let them see that we have had enough and wont just mouth off for a couple of days and return to our lives. While they are investigating, let us take a moment to not reflect on the crime of Aluu community, but to reflect on what pushed them there.
That anger is also in all of us.

We are Aluu community.
Again, just to be extra clear on the matter, I do not in anyway whatsoever support that gruesome murder, I do not support the video of that murder, I do not support the people circulating it, I do not support the people who where murdered, and I do not support the community that carried out the murder. But I understand that community.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Arrested At Malawi Airport For Attempting To Externalize $7000 (Pic / 3 Ghanaians arrested for subjecting suspects to jungle justice. / Police Raid Baby Factory In Rivers, 4 Pregnant Girls Rescued (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.