Stats: 3,152,927 members, 7,817,717 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Nollywood Or Igbowood? - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood Or Igbowood? (17562 Views)

Which One Would You Rather Spend Hours Watching: Nollywood Or Bollywood? & Why? / Ije! Nollywood Or Hollywood ? / Nollywood Or Bollywood, Where Are The Most Beautiful Actresses ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by DeReloaded: 12:45am On Mar 14, 2009
Baaaaaaaa grin
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by romeo(m): 1:42am On Mar 14, 2009
yeye thing.
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by chibic(m): 6:23pm On Mar 16, 2009
when I first saw the topic.I knew it was a useless yoruba that sent it.they are so naturally jealous of igbos.we are most successful in nigeria but they are always having a problem with that.they can't match us in any way.I realised they don't like watching it,instead they will spend their money watching their meaningless movie which no one watches.some of them said igbos use bleach.the truth is that we are naturally fair.but yorubas are as dark as charcoal.their girls are too ugly.they are talkatives.I saw hiphopworld award nominations,it was so tribalistic.everybody knows that yorubas are the most tribalistic in nigeria.they don't deserve to be in the same country with igbos.we don't need u to watch nollywood.ur juju money can't do us any good but badluck.u sucks.YORUBAS,PLEASE LEAVE US ALONE OOOOOOOOOOO! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by DeReloaded: 6:24pm On Mar 16, 2009
A zoo is missing its baboon.
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by chibic(m): 6:46pm On Mar 16, 2009
yorubas looks like baboons i think it may be u.Idiot. onye ara
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by DeReloaded: 7:12pm On Mar 16, 2009
na your mama be queen of baboons. Omo AleĀ  cheesy
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by obinna5000(m): 7:17pm On Mar 16, 2009
All these yabbings is definately not necessary. We should all see ourselves as Nigerians and try as much as possible to move the movie industry forward.
Better scripts should be provided with good interpretations.
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by switched(m): 7:23pm On Mar 16, 2009
@chibic
chibic:

when I first saw the topic.I knew it was a useless yoruba that sent it.they are so naturally jealous of igbos.we are most successful in nigeria but they are always having a problem with that.they can't match us in any way.I realised they don't like watching it,instead they will spend their money watching their meaningless movie which no one watches.some of them said igbos use bleach.the truth is that we are naturally fair.but yorubas are as dark as charcoal.their girls are too ugly.they are talkatives.I saw hiphopworld award nominations,it was so tribalistic.everybody knows that yorubas are the most tribalistic in nigeria.they don't deserve to be in the same country with igbos.we don't need u to watch nollywood.ur juju money can't do us any good but badluck.u sucks.YORUBAS,PLEASE LEAVE US ALONE OOOOOOOOOOO! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

wow! so much hate! Are you sure this is just about nollywood. You need to read your post again in a few days. The world, not just Nigeria, doesn't need this!
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by romeo(m): 7:48pm On Mar 16, 2009
LoL@ Chibic cheesy cheesy
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by DeReloaded: 9:08pm On Mar 16, 2009
wonder if it'd be "lol" if reverse was the case
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by romeo(m): 9:16pm On Mar 16, 2009
go and hug a truck bush girl tongue
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by DeReloaded: 10:44pm On Mar 16, 2009

na only truck
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by nich(m): 11:07pm On Mar 16, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

nna, na wa o.
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by AfroCynic: 3:41am On Mar 17, 2009
I love Nollywood right now, two out of the top five actresses on the English speaking side are non-Igbos i.e. M.J. and Ini Edo. That's some progress I suppose. Till last year, the top actress in the Yoruba speaking side of Nollywood was Fathia and she is not Yoruba, so there some progress being made all around, there just has to be some patience exercised by all sides.
e
I think the fact that it is Igbo dominated stems from the mis-guided belief that they speak the best English , I think that is gradually being shown to be false but it'll take some time. (I am talking about the on screen side of it.)

Hey, Nollywood rules in the black diaspora and that is something that we can all be proud .
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by DeReloaded: 5:02am On Mar 17, 2009
what tribe is Mercy?

Top Actress for the Yorubas now is Doris Akintimelehin and Funke Ayedele
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by AfroCynic: 5:22am On Mar 17, 2009
M.J. is Igbira and she speaks five languages, one of which is Yoruba, she is going to be in a Yoruba flick this year.

Doris Akintimilehin? who is she, or do you mean Doris Simeon A.?
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by DeReloaded: 5:32am On Mar 17, 2009
AfroCynic:

M.J. is Igbira and she speaks five languages, one of which is Yoruba, she is going to be in a Yoruba flick this year.

hahah I shall be assessing her Yoruba skills sha. Know the title of the flick yet?

and yea I meant Doris Simeon
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by Afam4eva(m): 9:37am On Mar 17, 2009
@ Afrocynical
So you are still in nairaland after what chibic did to you in the music section u still have the gut to stay on.
Anyway you can stay but play smart this time around and don't be the story of a pot calling a kettle black.
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by AfroCynic: 1:47pm On Mar 17, 2009
afam4eva:

@ Afrocynical
So you are still in nairaland after what chibic did to you in the music section u still have the gut to stay on.
Anyway you can stay but play smart this time around and don't be the story of a pot calling a kettle black.

Lol, Afam, Chicbic is some weirdo who thinks she can rap, you gotta possess a certain level of skill before I respond ( a criterion she does not meet) or I'd have to be really bored and right now I am not, so we'll see.

I see you're still clinging to your myopic way of looking at the world, oh well!
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by DeReloaded: 2:22pm On Mar 17, 2009
chibic is a tribalistic scuzzbucket.
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by nich(m): 12:48am On Mar 18, 2009
AfroCynic:

Doris Akintimilehin? who is she, or do you mean Doris Simeon A.?

i hope say she go dey market with fish and crayfish tuesday next week. abi na wednesday ba market day? undecided
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by chibic(m): 12:17pm On Mar 18, 2009
reloaded should check him self well and find out that tribalism is in the blood of all yorubas.any other tribe in nija can testify to that.afrocynic,i have read some weak lines from u.u got nothing to offer.u can't even battle on a real topic.u just cover up with those cheap excuses.the best actors and actresses are still from igbos.reloaded,na devil go kiss ur lips.animal!
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by obinna5000(m): 12:58pm On Mar 18, 2009
Na wa o! sad
Insults are getting too much on this topic.
@chibic
Take it easy.
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by lucabrasi(m): 1:47pm On Mar 18, 2009
obinna5000:

Na wa o! sad
@chibic
Take it easy.
it is a nigerian thing, it is in the blood grin
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by romeo(m): 4:59pm On Mar 18, 2009
obinna5000:

Na wa o! sad
@chibic
Take it easy.

Maybe u failed to realise that the thread was simply created to diss Igbo people and proclaim Yoruba superiority in movie making.

Chibic keep doing ur thing!! cheesy
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by lucabrasi(m): 7:55pm On Mar 18, 2009
chibic,your fellow biafran warriors have given you the all clear,please fire on,
like the sheeps in animal farm, igbo good yoruba bad,igbo good yoruba bad,igbo good yoruba bad,
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by romeo(m): 10:00pm On Mar 18, 2009
Ewubrasi sharap dia!
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by lucabrasi(m): 10:06pm On Mar 18, 2009
dude,you need to chill out with this festering hate and tribalism burning inside you
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by DeReloaded: 4:33am On Mar 19, 2009
chibic:

reloaded should check him self well and find out that tribalism is in the blood of all yorubas.any other tribe in nija can testify to that.afrocynic,i have read some weak lines from u.u got nothing to offer.u can't even battle on a real topic.u just cover up with those cheap excuses.the best actors and actresses are still from igbos.reloaded,na devil go kiss ur lips.animal!

Go to school, daft gay wink
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by chibic(m): 7:03pm On Mar 20, 2009
reloaded u r a big FOOL.I NEVER MADE MENTION OF ANY OTHER TRIBE here,apart from the people who have problem with my people.so,I'm not tribalistic.u people raised this topic to attack igbos,why shouldn't i protect my people.nkita raa gi onu.EWU OHIA.LUCA,u r stupid for trying to mock that name BIAFRA.I hope u r not trying to bring alive something which evry youth of nigeria does not want to live with.u better watch ur mouth.
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by DeReloaded: 10:00pm On Mar 20, 2009
chibic:

reloaded u r a big FOOL.I NEVER MADE MENTION OF ANY OTHER TRIBE here,apart from the people who have problem with my people.so,I'm not tribalistic.u people raised this topic to attack igbos,why shouldn't i protect my people.nkita raa gi onu.EWU OHIA.LUCA,u r stupid for trying to mock that name BIAFRA.I hope u r not trying to bring alive something which evry youth of nigeria does not want to live with.u better watch ur mouth.

Come and beat me na. Oloshi.
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by nich(m): 5:09am On Mar 21, 2009
haba peoples! take am easy.
take a chill pill. or two if u like. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Saga Never Asked Me Out, Nini Reveals / Spartacus, A Series Worth Watching / DOWNLOAD MOVIE: Black Adam (2022)