Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students (26979 Views)

We Are Able(a Touching Story) / They Were Four...dedicated To The Four Uniport Students Killed In Aluu... / ALUU 4 (a Poem Dedicated 2 D Late Uniport Students) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 09, 2012
"The society is a mirror of each of us"
How true,MI,If the society lets this go unpunished then it is a worthless society
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by simdam500(m): 9:05am On Oct 09, 2012
M higher......... I see u
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by phemieojelabi: 9:10am On Oct 09, 2012
How could such brutality had happen despite all humiliation,re we saying that no police post exist in that community that those 4men could be hand-over to HABBA this is WORST 4 heaven sake.Those dat threw 4rm Sand to Stick @ those Guys Heaven will judge them except they av neva in their whole ENTIRE LIFE taken sumtins dat does in 1way/other belong 2 dem.
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by LordNapier(m): 9:12am On Oct 09, 2012
a nice piece 4rm M.I
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by kokorunna(m): 9:16am On Oct 09, 2012
Nice gesture MI, please when you pen the song donate all the proceeds to the families involved as they have lost a gem already.
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by DarkFive: 9:23am On Oct 09, 2012
Now you feel ma Pain....pain of the family members...pain of the students who neva understood the gravity of the mess they were in and why.

Am sure they were probably waiting it to pass, like every other incident...sadly they neva made it through alive.

I pity the unborn children of aluu community,because only God knows what the world has in store for them.

Only God knows....but i know the blood of innocent cries loudest in the heavens.
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 09, 2012
Orblonde: Nice one MI but can you and your fellow artists start doing political songs that identify with the suffering of the masses and also taget our civilian rulers who are corrupt to the point that it is now evil. They are the ones that keep the people in the mess. I think that will be a better sevice to society than those Indecency lyric that Nigerian artist like you are obsessed with. Just a thought.
this will do for me!!
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 09, 2012
MI too dey bust my head.......I love DAT dude!

Haters be hating as usual undecided
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by oubi: 9:47am On Oct 09, 2012
Dark Five:

Still a savage in your words

I am responsible foя wht I say aπd not wht Ʊ understand.
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by imiski(m): 9:48am On Oct 09, 2012
shymexx: These clowns stay writing 'pieces' when the country is in abyss...

Are there no activists in Nigeria?? If African Americans were writing 'pieces' during Jim Crow laws and civil rights movement - there would still be segregation in America... Fight for your country and your future, and stop writing nonsense... We know you can write, we need action... Get busy, or shut the fvck up...

Go hard, or go home.. undecided
hw mny artiste shwd dia sympaty to d vitims i knw u would b one of those science students hu shiver at litreature nd neva had of d wrd dirge my advice to u shut ur f***k up
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by iyeyemi: 9:49am On Oct 09, 2012

Are there no activists in Nigeria?? If African Americans were writing 'pieces' during Jim Crow laws and civil rights movement - there would still be segregation in America... Fight for your country and your future, and stop writing nonsense... We know you can write, we need action... Get busy, or shut the fvck up...

Really not sure why your venom is directed at MI on this one? What's he supposed to do other than write? Go to PH and gun down the natives of Alua? The fact that his writing got you in here even thinking about the issue is a start. Besides, what have YOU done lately to right society's wrongs.

1 Like

Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 09, 2012
imiski: hw mny artiste shwd dia sympaty to d vitims i knw u would b one of those science students hu shiver at litreature nd neva had of d wrd dirge my advice to u shut ur f***k up

BWahahahahahahaha

I'd be jealous if the guy can actually write lol... And from what you wrote up there, I see why that 'piece' got you excited lol... The impromptu writings I post on NL daily, without proof reading, and spell checking, are better than the junk MI wrote up there...

Let me educate you on how great poets get down:

- Benjamin Zephaniah - one of the greatest black poets ever is also an activist... He doesn't just sit there and write, he goes out and protest all the time... This great man also rejected a MBE from the Queen - that shows how 'militant' he is...

- Maya Angelou - one of the greatest poets ever used to be an activist as well... She was part of the civil rights movement, and she also travelled around Africa with Malcolm X... She stood and fought with her people..

- Wole Soyinka - I don't need to tell you much about him since you're Nigerian...

I do it all: write, protest, and I fight against injustice... grin grin

1 Like

Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 09, 2012
Shymmex is in UK shouting about d issue on NL, what are u doing about it?? Hypocrite!!
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by Clemzy16(m): 10:24am On Oct 09, 2012
inurmind:

Dude do u think if he dedicated just ten seconds he would be able to write that or even bother to?

Understand figures of speech bros, figures of speech.
..and what if that was copy and paste!!
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 09, 2012
I'm out here fighting against injustice where I live - Nigerians in Nigeria need to do the same...

When you guys are ready for a change, hit me up - but for now, stay writing 'pieces' and making tunes that dumb down the IQ...

1 Like

Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by Okijajuju1(m): 10:40am On Oct 09, 2012
violent:

MI was kind enough to have dedicated "all of 10 seconds" of thought to it! He even wondered "briefly"!!!

Most people, me including, probably spent a couple of minutes after watching the video, with our hearts in our mouths and our eyes agape whilst screaming silently "OMG, how could this have happened"

In MI's case, he dedicated "all of 10 seconds".

10 seconds!..after which life went on as usual. I woke up this morning not remembering how 4 young boys were beaten, and forced to watch their death coming in a most gruesome manner in the hands of a mob who are so eager to see their flesh roast up in flames. Their human flesh roast up in flames!

Perhaps I'd take a different stance from MI on this. The hope was never the worst part of it all! The lack of humane feeling is!

A corpse they say, is just a corpse until that corpse is your pops! While the families of these boys will have to go on with the rest of their lives with the realization of how the lives of the people they cared for came to an end, MI and I (and perhaps many others) have simply spared '10 seconds shedding a tear' and then moved on with our lives only with an occasional reference to the incidence and some faith that Justice will be served.

In a much civilised environment, the public will be outraged by this singular act of savagery, so much so it may threaten the stability of the government of the day. People wouldn't just sit back and wonder...and curse...and hope...and pray...and write fancy notes and then move on with lives. In those communities i described, there's a genuine humane feeling, borne out of the realization of the knowledge that we all share a common heartbeat.

The story of April a girl of 4 who went missing in the UK comes to mind. The immediate community reaction was forceful, hopeful, urgent and pronounced with hundreds of people volunteering to help the police in their search. This is a community where true humane feelings are found in the minds of people. In my own country, where four men were beaten to a pulp and burnt to death by their own friends, people simply dedicate "10 seconds of full thought"...then curse...then wonder...then hope...then pray...then life simply returns to normal!

#ashamedtobeNigerian!

[b] The part of M.Is writing that hit me hard was this part..

The way they lay there, beaten and broken, battered and bruised. Knowing their end had come for certain. Knowing that the crowd meant to see this through to the end. [size=14pt] And yet, in the midst of all this certainty, in some small corner of their hearts, hoping. That something would happen, some miracle perhaps.[/size]

Finally!! Tears ....

Thats indeed the worst part of it!! Hope that someone would do the right thing and step up!! The humanity was there.. in the videos you can hear someone saying 'No knack am again' 'E don do'.. In one of the pictures, you can see a womans face turned away in disgust as the guy in the hood bashed in the skull of one of the victims with a stick.. Thats humaninty sir, the problem indeed is still 'hope'.. Some of the people there who didnt support or liked what was going on were pinned to the spot watching and hoping that the adrenaline spurring that mob would die down and leave those boys alive, some were hoping that the police might show up and stop the madness, some were prolly hoping that somebody else would step up and put an end to it... ALL THIS HOPE.. NOT A SINGLE ACTION!!

Now You, M.I & I are here hoping that things would be set right by the same government that did nothing to stop the robberies that led to the formation of the vigilante group that killed these boys..

All we Nigerians do is hope.. Hope for a brighter day, Hope that oneday we will get our act together, hoe that our kids would see a better Nigeria, hope that it will all go away miraculously, HOPE THAT GOD WOULD COME DOWN AND CHANGE THINGS...

HOPE without WORK = NIGERIANS!! [/b]

1 Like

Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by iyeyemi: 10:40am On Oct 09, 2012
shymexx: I'm out here fighting against injustice where I live - Nigerians in Nigeria need to do the same...

When you guys are ready for a change, hit me up - but for now, stay writing 'pieces' and making tunes that dumb down the IQ...

Bros...effecting change is a sum total of actions, omissions and commissions directed at creating such an impact. It's assuming that there is only one way to change things that is responsible for the inertia and unwillingness to move forward. He wrote his mind and he makes sense, sense enough to make a few folks concerned about the issue. That's a step, it may not be enough, but it is still a step. He has a voice and he is using it to speak in condemnation...bro whichever way you want to dice it..that's a step.
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by oubi: 10:40am On Oct 09, 2012
shymexx:

BWahahahahahahaha

I'd be jealous if the guy can actually write lol... And from what you wrote up there, I see why that 'piece' got you excited lol... The impromptu writings I post on NL daily, without proof reading, and spell checking, are better than the junk MI wrote up there...

Let me educate you on how great poets get down:

- Benjamin Zephaniah - one of the greatest black poets ever is also an activist... He doesn't just sit there and write, he goes out and protest all the time... This great man also rejected a MBE from the Queen - that shows how 'militant' he is...

- Maya Angelou - one of the greatest poets ever used to be an activist as well... She was part of the civil rights movement, and she also travelled around Africa with Malcolm X... She stood and fought with her people..

- Wole Soyinka - I don't need to tell you much about him since you're Nigerian...

I do it all: write, protest, and I fight against injustice... grin grin

Na Ʊ dumb pass.. Ђφw could Ʊ tink dat M.I is a poet grin grin
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 09, 2012
oubi:

Na Ʊ dumb pass.. Ђφw could Ʊ tink dat M.I is a poet grin grin

You're a dolt!! Why can't you read the context in which my post was made?

The guy said I was jealous of M.I's 'literature', and I showed him that most of the great black poets/writers are also involved in activism, just to buttress my point..

No one cares about writing crap, get involved in activism, or shut the fvck up, period...

1 Like

Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 09, 2012
iyeyemi:
Bros...effecting change is a sum total of actions, omissions and commissions directed at creating such an impact. It's assuming that there is only one way to change things that is responsible for the inertia and unwillingness to move forward. He wrote his mind and he makes sense, sense enough to make a few folks concerned about the issue. That's a step, it may not be enough, but it is still a step. He has a voice and he is using it to speak in condemnation...bro whichever way you want to dice it..that's a step.

But for how long, though?? If the slaves never revolted en masse, do yu think slavery would have stopped when it did?? They had to stop because it wasn't as viable as it used to be, and slaves were revolting - they were not writing 'pieces'.

African Americans had to protest and fight with their blood, sweat, and tears - to end segregation, and get to where they're today... They had to fight for it, they didn't just sit there and write 'pieces'.

In the UK, London was pissy poor and dirty like 100 years ago with homeless people everywhere - the people had to fight the elites before social reforms were introduced... And they had to build council houses for them, to shut them up... Black people in the UK also fought for most of the things they're enjoying today...

Why can't Nigerians fight in their own country?? The country belongs to them, and the people ruling them look like them - why are they scared?? Writing crap won't do nada!!!!
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by iyeyemi: 11:02am On Oct 09, 2012
shymexx:

But for how long, though?? If the slaves never revolted en masse, do yu think slavery would have stopped when it did?? They had to stop because it wasn't as viable as it used to be, and slaves were revolting - they were not writing 'pieces'.

African Americans had to protest and fight with their blood, sweat, and tears - to end segregation, and get to where they're today... They had to fight for it, they didn't just sit there and write 'pieces'.

In the UK, London was pissy poor and dirty like 100 years ago with homeless people everywhere - the people had to fight the elites before social reforms were introduced... And they had to build council houses for them, to shut them up... Black people in the UK also fought for most of the things they're enjoying today...

Why can't Nigerians fight in their own country?? The country belongs to them, and the people ruling them look like them - why are they scared?? Writing crap won't do nada!!!!

Technically the 'african slavery' you speak of lasted for nearly 500 years. Nigeria as a nations is not 60 years old yet. So we muct always put things in proper perspective. How many of our religious leaders who have the ears of the people in government ever speak up against misrule? How many of our business leaders and elite say anything adverse against the establishment? So expecting MI to do more than just 'write' for me is stretching expectations a bit. Would he wake up and start demonstrating all the way to aso rock because he wants to effect a change?

1 Like

Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by markovnikoff001(m): 11:02am On Oct 09, 2012

Why do people make statements and think they are exempt from the same movement they are trying to promulgate? Shymmex, how hard have you ever gone for Nigeria? So I say....practice what you preach or vamoose!
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 09, 2012
markovnikoff001:

Why do people make statements and think they are exempt from the same movement they are trying to promulgate? Shymmex, how hard have you ever gone for Nigeria? So I say....practice what you preach or vamoose!
GBAM!!
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by Raw2: 11:07am On Oct 09, 2012
This shumexx fool needs to shut tha fvck up and quit whining. M I has contributed his piece. He may not be physically fit or inclined to violence like you faceless digit, sitting behind a computer in the UK and feeling funky on the internet...

Can someone ask this raving id1ot what he has done for Nigeria? Has he even written a piece?

You are a person.

1 Like

Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by Raw2: 11:09am On Oct 09, 2012
shymexx:

You're a dolt!! Why can't you read the context in which my post was made?

The guy said I was jealous of M.I's 'literature', and I showed him that most of the great black poets/writers are also involved in activism, just to buttress my point..

No one cares about writing crap, get involved in activism, or shut the fvck up, period...
you are an idiöt! Why don't you get your dumbass to Nigeria and get involved in activism since you know so much about it. Fool

1 Like

Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by Raw2: 11:12am On Oct 09, 2012
markovnikoff001:

That's because he is a person. A bloody coward that hides behind the power of the internet. And to think the fool resides in the UK spilling crap about nigerians. Loud mouthed mothèrfucker.
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by temidre1: 11:16am On Oct 09, 2012
[b][/b][b][/b]where is pastor bakare to come and start a campaign against this whole thing?
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 09, 2012
iyeyemi:
Technically the 'african slavery' you speak of lasted for nearly 500 years. Nigeria as a nations is not 60 years old yet. So we muct always put things in proper perspective. How many of our religious leaders who have the ears of the people in government ever speak up against misrule? How many of our business leaders and elite say anything adverse against the establishment? So expecting MI to do more than just 'write' for me is stretching expectations a bit. Would he wake up and start demonstrating all the way to aso rock because he wants to effect a change?

Technically, Nigeria has been in this sorry state since 1914, no?? Slaves were revolting right right from when slavery started - Nat Turner go busy with his guns in the 1800s, Igbo landing in virginia, Jamaican Slave Revolt in the 1800s, the Brazilian slave revolt in the 1700s, Haitian Revolution in the 1700s - bear in mind that these people were powerless, but they still fought with their lives against injustice... Don't disrespect these great black men and women - they were 'bravehearts'..

M.I is part of a genre of music, which was created by activism - Hip Hop = fighting against injustice... He has the tools, and he has to lead by example, not writing worthless crap... Get people together and fight... Time is of the essence, fight the power and make a change...
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 09, 2012
As for the rest of you simpletons, I don't have time for your nonsense...

I'm an activist where I was born and raised - and I get busy... Do the same in your country and stop being freaking cowards... Kukere dancing dolts!!!

Read my signature, you dolts are on your own!!!
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by iyeyemi: 11:24am On Oct 09, 2012
shymexx:

Technically, Nigeria has been in this sorry state since 1914, no?? Slaves were revolting right right from when slavery started - Nat Turner got busy with his guns in the 1800s, Igbo landing in virginia, Jamaican Slave Revolt in the 1800s, the Brazilian slave revolt in the 1700s, Haitian Revolution in the 1700s - bear in mind that these people were powerless, but they still fought with lives against injustice... Don't disrespect these great black men and women - they were 'bravehearts'..

M.I is part of genre of music, which was created by activism - Hip Hop = fighting against injustice... He has the tools, and he has to lead by example, not writing worthless crap... Get people together and fight... Time is of the essence, fight the power and make a change...

Yea bro I hear all that...but you still miss my point. Bottom-line...this piece of his is a statement. Heartfelt, emotional...I write as well so I can tell. Can he do more? Sure he can. We all can. I have seen many e-activists on nairaland, if it was just by spitting venom online we would have been far better than the US or something. But at least he has opened up his heart and effectively opened up a channel where people can also experience the need for change. Without the spark, there can never be a flame. Jean Jacques Rousseau was a writer, but his book on social contract has been referred to as the the textbook of the french revolution. I never heard of him going on the streets of paris or marching to versailles to protest, but his writing was just as potent.
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 09, 2012
Shattap Shymmex!! Go back to Nigeria and effect change!! tongue
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by Cuddlemii: 11:29am On Oct 09, 2012
Please, let's tone it down

There is no need for the swearing & cussing

Constructive criticism is the way!!!

FINAL WARNING

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Together Forever / Wole Soyinka Joins University Of Johannesburg / The Last Insurgent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.