Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,880 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students (26977 Views)

We Are Able(a Touching Story) / They Were Four...dedicated To The Four Uniport Students Killed In Aluu... / ALUU 4 (a Poem Dedicated 2 D Late Uniport Students) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by Revealedtv(m): 1:37am On Oct 09, 2012
It took the death of one Tunisian to give rise to the arab spring...and that wasn't even documented(filmed)...Why are we so numb to slaughter? What can we the average people do to ensure a change? Especially @ this point in our history? How can we make that change without ensuring the needless death(s) of others? What should we do next honestly?

Between, I don't see why people have issues with people writing about it...the pen is mighter than the sword. Wole Soyinka won his nobel not by active armed struggles but with his pen...If your pen is your way of reacting to this menace, then we should keep writing until somebody pays attention.

Somebody needs to pay attention...I bleed in my heart. I bleed in my heart because if you watch the video, you'll see the hope in those children's eyes. We failed them!
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by gbengalite(m): 1:45am On Oct 09, 2012
my condolence to their various family...nice write up by MI
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by walexy14(m): 2:30am On Oct 09, 2012
Let us not be violet emotions sha, bt let not fold our hands n hope things will change.
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by LAX89(m): 2:40am On Oct 09, 2012
[/color][color=#990000]
Orblonde: Nice one MI but can you and your fellow artists start doing political songs that identify with the suffering of the masses and also taget our civilian rulers who are corrupt to the point that it is now evil. They are the ones that keep the people in the mess. I think that will be a better sevice to society than those Indecency lyric that Nigerian artist like you are obsessed with. Just a thought.

[b]@orblonde and others like him.

Stop asking others to do this or that, RISE up yourself and do SOMETHING! Everyone can DO something. You've prayed ENOUGH, you've HOPED and WISHED ENOUGH, do SOMETHING! Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, Syria etc, they're all RISING up for their countries, when they succeed in building their countries Nigerians will line up at their embassies to beg and die for a visa to go there. RISE up for your country NOW! RISE up for your life, for your family, for your future, STOP waiting on GOD, Allah, or someone else to do it for you. Ordinary citizens of all the countries I mentioned laid down their lives for their countris, and are still doing so. But you're waiting for M.I. and other musicians to sing lyrics against your leaders. If it is to drink cold beer, pepper soup and bush meat, all of you will have an erection for that. If it is to do 419, yahoo yahoo, you'll all carry first. But look at what your country has turned to, while you wait for Jonathan in Abuja, M. I., or your men of God. Shame on you![/b]
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by 2goodbobo(m): 3:08am On Oct 09, 2012
Am yet to recover from the sad incident. The vidoe is fresh in my memory and tears drops down my eyes whenever i think of it. Nice one M.I and may God fight for them! I cant believe the whole crowd were against them, not even a single person can come to their rescue or do something to safe them. So sad how hardened some people could be.
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by UNLEASHED(m): 3:32am On Oct 09, 2012
Just can't sleep still and I keep wondering if Jesus went through the same, wondering if he suffered this much.
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:41am On Oct 09, 2012
You can read about Lloyd's mum's tell of the Character of Lloyd. I hope God helps her deal with the pain.

Mrs. Jane Toku, The Mother Of Lloyd (One Of The ALUU 4) Expresses Shock

https://www.nairaland.com/1069238/mrs-jane-toku-mother-lloyd#12481703
embarassed
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by Ayorh4you(m): 3:45am On Oct 09, 2012
shymexx: These clowns stay writing 'pieces' when the country is in abyss...

Are there no activists in Nigeria?? If African Americans were writing 'pieces' during Jim Crow laws and civil rights movement - there would still be segregation in America... Fight for your country and your future, and stop writing nonsense... We know you can write, we need action... Get busy, or shut the fvck up...

Go hard, or go home.. undecided
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by Ayorh4you(m): 3:45am On Oct 09, 2012

Are there no activists in Nigeria?? If African Americans were writing 'pieces' during Jim Crow laws and civil rights movement - there would still be segregation in America... Fight for your country and your future, and stop writing nonsense... We know you can write, we need action... Get busy, or shut the fvck up...

wat hv u done to change tins? @least he has done his own part. Ppl lyk u kip tearin us apart wt ur negative criticism. STOP BEING phOOLISH LIL BRO.
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by otele(m): 3:59am On Oct 09, 2012
Hope is not a strategy. We have to do something to prevent this kind of stuff in the future.

The fact that this can happen in 2012 says something nasty about us as a nation.
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by sogoisrael(m): 4:03am On Oct 09, 2012
violent:
I couldn't help but quote your write-up! I'm so ashamed of my existence! Somtyms I wonder wh@ on earth m doin here! My soul wept tho m a medical student! D most painful part is knowing for sure d@ notin would be done! If I could only change my skin, my brain, my heart! We Nigerians are d source of mockery d@ we get from civilized nations! We are beasts of no nation! Even if dey stole a country, d@ death was too callous!

MI was kind enough to have dedicated "all of 10 seconds" of thought to it! He even wondered "briefly"!!!

Most people, me including, probably spent a couple of minutes after watching the video, with our hearts in our mouths and our eyes agape whilst screaming silently "OMG, how could this have happened"

In MI's case, he dedicated "all of 10 seconds".

10 seconds!..after which life went on as usual. I woke up this morning not remembering how 4 young boys were beaten, and forced to watch their death coming in a most gruesome manner in the hands of a mob who are so eager to see their flesh roast up in flames. Their human flesh roast up in flames!

Perhaps I'd take a different stance from MI on this. The hope was never the worst part of it all! The lack of humane feeling is!

A corpse they say, is just a corpse until that corpse is your pops! While the families of these boys will have to go on with the rest of their lives with the realization of how the lives of the people they cared for came to an end, MI and I (and perhaps many others) have simply spared '10 seconds shedding a tear' and then moved on with our lives only with an occasional reference to the incidence and some faith that Justice will be served.

In a much civilised environment, the public will be outraged by this singular act of savagery, so much so it may threaten the stability of the government of the day. People wouldn't just sit back and wonder...and curse...and hope...and pray...and write fancy notes and then move on with lives. In those communities i described, there's a genuine humane feeling, borne out of the realization of the knowledge that we all share a common heartbeat.

The story of April a girl of 4 who went missing in the UK comes to mind. The immediate community reaction was forceful, hopeful, urgent and pronounced with hundreds of people volunteering to help the police in their search. This is a community where true humane feelings are found in the minds of people. In my own country, where four men were beaten to a pulp and burnt to death by their own friends, people simply dedicate "10 seconds of full thought"...then curse...then wonder...then hope...then pray...then life simply returns to normal!

#ashamedtobeNigerian!
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by epitome86: 4:43am On Oct 09, 2012
very touching indeed....i think justice most be done to dis

1 Like

Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by Nobody: 5:14am On Oct 09, 2012
Khaffi: So so sadcry still can't get d whole thing off ma mind...but 1 thing is certain,d blood of those guys(guilty or not)would definitely hunt dat community...

The problem dat is always associated with dis kinda situation is dat,it will affect d whole community & not just d murderers.

May d good Lord help us in dis country of ours
As much aS i feel yr sympathy.. No one is thinking if those boiz are actually guilty? If they are, woht abt sympathy 4 their numerous victimz? d jungle justice is wrong though bt life is a two way trafic wher we sometymz learn d right lessonz d wrong way. Things hapen evryday. We knw haw cultist cum ruberz can be very cruel and inhuman. Woht abt sayin nemesis caught up wt them. Or are they Innocent in d whole & real sense of dat word? Han dt community been constantly terrorized by ruberz who steal, rape and kill? If yes, den Ma hrt goes to them bt if No, wher wx Justice be4 it enterd d Jungle?

1 Like

Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:31am On Oct 09, 2012
torhuke:
As much aS i feel yr sympathy.. No one is thinking if those boiz are actually guilty? If they are, woht abt sympathy 4 their numerous victimz? d jungle justice is wrong though bt life is a two way trafic wher we sometymz learn d right lessonz d wrong way. Things hapen evryday. We knw haw cultist cum ruberz can be very cruel and inhuman. Woht abt sayin nemesis caught up wt them. Or are they Innocent in d whole & real sense of dat word? Han dt community been constantly terrorized by ruberz who steal, rape and kill? If yes, den Ma hrt goes to them bt if No, wher wx Justice be4 it enterd d Jungle?

That is the sad part. We can only console ourselves hoping that they were Robbers or Cultists.

Read the mothers description of Lloyd Toku (One of victims). Sunday before last, after his family left service, he stayed back to participate in the remaining services. He later came back and bought his mum a christian book and asked her to read it.

That isn't the character of Robber/Cultist.

Also even if the community have been terrorized day and night, they have no right to lynch people. Especially if they are not sure they are criminals.

You can read about Lloyd's mum's tell of the Character of Lloyd. I hope God helps her deal with the pain.

Mrs. Jane Toku, The Mother Of Lloyd (One Of The ALUU 4) Expresses Shock

https://www.nairaland.com/1069238/mrs-jane-toku-mother-lloyd#12481703
embarassed
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by boron10(m): 5:42am On Oct 09, 2012
shymexx:

Vicious cyle of death, poverty, and destruction - I tell ya...

I saw people's brains popped out by a shotgun in that Mubi incident, and I also watched the video of the UNIPORT students on worldstarhiphop... Yet, people can't say enough is enough, and do something about it... How many people are going to die before we stop this madness??

Power belongs to the people, and only the people can effect a change by asking for it... It's just sad!!

You are a Niggerian too, and I'm sure if you really mean what you're saying, you sure can lead a protest. The question is... Against who? The government? Who are the governments? Aint they the citizens? Are you suggesting we start killing each other in the name of protest? This your way of thinking is why Nigeria is still backward. MI took his time to write a peom for ALUU murder victims. Instead of you to commend him for his time, you're here trying to blame him. He could have as well kept quiet and no do anything like other celebrities, but no, he chose to dedicate his few minutes for them.
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by armadeo(m): 5:47am On Oct 09, 2012
violent:

MI was kind enough to have dedicated "all of 10 seconds" of thought to it! He even wondered "briefly"!!!

Most people, me including, probably spent a couple of minutes after watching the video, with our hearts in our mouths and our eyes agape whilst screaming silently "OMG, how could this have happened"

10 seconds!..after which life went on as usual. I woke up this morning not remembering how 4 young boys were beaten, and forced to watch their death coming in a most gruesome manner in the hands of a mob who are so eager to see their flesh roast up in flames. Their human flesh roast up in flames!

Perhaps I'd take a different stance from MI on this. The hope was never the worst part of it all! The lack of humane feeling is!

A corpse they say, is just a corpse until that corpse is your pops! While the families of these boys will have to go on with the rest of their lives with the realization of how the lives of the people they cared for came to an end, MI and I (and perhaps many others) have simply spared '10 seconds shedding a tear' and then moved on with our lives only with an occasional reference to the incidence and some faith that Justice will be served.

In a much civilised environment, the public will be outraged by this singular act of savagery, so much so it may threaten the stability of the government of the day. People wouldn't just sit back and wonder...and curse...and hope...and pray...and write fancy notes and then move on with lives. In those communities i described, there's a genuine humane feeling, borne out of the realization of the knowledge that we all share a common heartbeat.

The story of April a girl of 4 who went missing in the UK comes to mind. The immediate community reaction was forceful, hopeful, urgent and pronounced with hundreds of people volunteering to help the police in their search. This is a community where true humane feelings are found in the minds of people. In my own country, where four men were beaten to a pulp and burnt to death by their own friends, people simply dedicate "10 seconds of full thought"...then curse...then wonder...then hope...then pray...then life simply returns to normal!

#ashamedtobeNigerian!

Ita a figure of speech. Simply means I spent time thinking of this..

1 Like

Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by armadeo(m): 5:48am On Oct 09, 2012
violent:

#ashamedtobeNigerian!

Its a figure of speech. Simply means I spent A LOT of time thinking of this topic...

1 Like

Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by violent(m): 6:01am On Oct 09, 2012
^^^

If you actually understood what i wrote, you may have noticed that I'm not simply dwelling on the 10 seconds bit, but the idea that we as a people are quick to move on with out lives after such incidence.

I couldn't care less if MI spent an hour or a day thinking about this....the main point to emphasize is that like in any other case of it's type, thinking, perhaps even a bit of nice blogging, is all you can get as reactions from Nigerians to such savagery. Give it a couple of weeks, and all would have been back to normal for MI, me and everyone else except for the families of those boys who got murdered.

A corpse is just a corpse after all.
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by outofthebox: 6:02am On Oct 09, 2012
I tihink its an eye for an eye..dese boys have een stealing for quiet a while now.i am even sure they would posses guns..if we start taking the lives of all these thieves and boko harams,i think the country would be a better place.u dare not steal anyhow during the military era cos u def wld b burnt to death
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by Nobody: 6:03am On Oct 09, 2012
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by gasbi: 6:07am On Oct 09, 2012
Orblonde: Nice one MI but can you and your fellow artists start doing political songs that identify with the suffering of the masses and also taget our civilian rulers who are corrupt to the point that it is now evil. They are the ones that keep the people in the mess. I think that will be a better sevice to society than those Indecency lyric that Nigerian artist like you are obsessed with. Just a thought.
thank-you.
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by freecocoa(f): 6:10am On Oct 09, 2012
outofthebox: I tihink its an eye for an eye..dese boys have een stealing for quiet a while now.i am even sure they would posses guns..if we start taking the lives of all these thieves and boko harams,i think the country would be a better place.u dare not steal anyhow during the military era cos u def wld b burnt to death
I don't even know what to say to you. Perhaps you are a member of their robbery gang hence you know they've been stealing for a while and you are even sure they possess guns, wow why not tell us more about your experience with them? Useless mofo angry

1 Like

Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by armadeo(m): 6:14am On Oct 09, 2012
violent:

^^^

If you actually understood what i wrote, you may have noticed that I'm not simply dwelling on the 10 seconds bit, but the idea that we as a people are quick to move on with out lives after such incidence.

I couldn't care less if MI spent an hour or a day thinking about this....the main point to emphasize is that like in any other case of it's type, thinking, perhaps even a bit of nice blogging, is all you can get as reactions from Nigerians to such savagery. Give it a couple of weeks, and all would have been back to normal for MI, me and everyone else except for the families of those boys who got murdered.

A corpse is just a corpse after all.

I got it when some one said u both are using the smae Analogy of 10 seconds. This even made me feel worse. U are right u know. A couple of weeks time the horror would have worn out and everybody will go back to the rat race. No reflections on the depth of what has happened or is happening ( as long as I see it on the news)not me,. Our nation is in deep shit and majority don't even understand how deep this laterine is.
MY GOD!!!

1 Like

Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by Theben(m): 6:16am On Oct 09, 2012
chizzy94: Wat a shame..out of 24hrs we've got in a day,Mr MI ABAGA could only spare 10 seconds of thought...so what happened to the remaining 23hrs 50secsprobably,he popped into d studio to make a song out of it,..only thinking about his returns,wat wud go into is pocket..Mr I for one believes in hope,I still av a dream,I still believe in diz gr8 country...Mr wat u shud av named diz stupid piece of urs is 'Black inhumanity to Black'....mhen,I miss d great Fela Kuti..sad
Ignorance stinks

3 Likes

Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by babyluv532: 6:19am On Oct 09, 2012
Nice one MI may der soul rest i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ perfect peace and may God hav mercy on †ђξ pple(fathers,mothers,children,friends) dat stood by and watch those guys brutalised to death!!!!
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by Nobody: 6:34am On Oct 09, 2012

God bless you!
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:39am On Oct 09, 2012
freecocoa: I don't even know what to say to you. Perhaps you are a member of their robbery gang hence you know they've been stealing for a while and you are even sure they possess guns, wow why not tell us more about your experience with them? Useless mofo angry
I agree with you. He might be one of the lynchers. See as he is trying to incite hate.
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by oubi: 6:47am On Oct 09, 2012

Ʊ r so sick. Y don't Ʊ becom an artist aπd focus ūя̲̅ music on ūя̲̅ shabby thots.
Always looking foя who to blame.
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by EXCELLENCEAbia: 6:49am On Oct 09, 2012
violent:

#ashamedtobeNigerian!
please never be ashame but let the situation inspire you to be a better nigerian that will bring change
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by oubi: 6:57am On Oct 09, 2012

Don't Ʊ tink Ʊ r worse..Ʊ don't even know ђφw to write,Ʊ can't even talk, Ʊ jst stay aπd spew poo
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by gees02(m): 7:00am On Oct 09, 2012

If uu don't av anything to say take ur opinion and shove it up ur ***, every Nigerian artiste has like one or more songs on d state of d country, with all d song wey fela sing, how Nigeria improve since then What mr abaga is sayin is dat we should move past d point of singing songs of hope, and start to take action !!!
Re: MI's Touching Piece for Murdered UNIPORT Students by gees02(m): 7:06am On Oct 09, 2012

O.d.e, at least he's doing something, point to what Uu've done other than condemn, typical Nigerian. Never wanting to work or digest info, but ready to pounce. FYI, the write up is a call to action

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Together Forever / Wole Soyinka Joins University Of Johannesburg / The Last Insurgent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.