Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,106 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Why Won't God Heal Amputees? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Won't God Heal Amputees? (2936 Views)

Why Can't God Heal Amputees? / "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" / Why Won't God Heal Amputees? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by elliottibanga(m): 12:10pm On Oct 09, 2012
obadiah777: ISNT THIS THE CRAZIEST STATEMENT YALL EVER HEARD ? HERE WE HAVE AN AGNOSTIC FELLA WHO OPENLY ADMITS HE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT THE BIBLE BUT THEN IN THE SAME SENTENCE HE IS STANDING HIS GROUND ON SOMETHING CONCERNING THE BIBLE shocked undecided

I can see your really looking for idle argument and I really don't have the time to engage.

I would advise you to read more, analyse more and make less assumptions about situations and people that come your way.

I hope these help.

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/

richarddawkins.net

Thanks to everyone for the input.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 09, 2012
JOHN 6 VS 63 the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

THE HOLY SPIRIT IS IN EVERY MAN WHICH HAS TO SYNC WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT OF CHRIST WHICH IS THE BIBLE FOR YOU TO BE SPIRITUALLY AWAKEN

YES THE BIBLE IS THE COMFORTER, THE HOLY SPIRIT, THAT JESUS WAS TALKING ABOUT THAT WILL BRING US TO REMEMBRANCE OF OLD THINGS ( ANOTHER REINCARNATION SCIPTURE )

JOHN 14 VS 26 But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative--that is, the Holy Spirit--he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you. DO YOU SEE THE REINCARNATION IN THIS VERSE ? THE DISCIPLES WILL BE BROUGHT TO REMEMBRANCE OF WHAT HE IS TELLING THEM NOW WHEN THEY RETURN TO EARTH AGAIN AND THE LORD WOULD HAVE DONE IT SO THE BIBLE WOULD CONTAIN EVERYTHING IN IT.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 09, 2012
elliottibanga:

I can see your really looking for idle argument and I really don't have the time to engage.

I would advise you to read more, analyse more and make less assumptions about situations and people that come your way.

I hope these help.

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/

richarddawkins.net

Thanks to everyone for the input.

THIS IS YOUR SOURCE OF INTELLIGENCE ? RICHARD DAWKINS ? NOW I SEE WHY YOU ARE CONFUSED. GOD HELP US ALL
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by 2good(m): 12:15pm On Oct 09, 2012
uj_sizzle: God is able to do abundantly above all we could ask of him ACCORDING TO THE POWER THAT WORKETH IN US.

This generation hasn't been given the level of divine annointing to do that.
Maybe some time in the future the annointing and power to do this will be poured out on men.
why do people alway play dumb and always look for an excuse to remain in ignorance. If U repeat thesame over and over with no result and U continue to do exactly thesame thing without asking why U don't get a result, then there is a problem with U
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by manmustwac(m): 1:24pm On Oct 09, 2012
God did not heal amputees simply because he couldn't do it. I mean if he could (which I don't believe) then why would he refuse to help his followers who genuinely needed his help. He was just an ordinary person like you and me. Just like our so called Pastors today like T.B. Joshua and Pastor Chris who claim to have powers to heal the sick can't heal amputees. If Jesus and our pastors could then why wouldn't they it would elevate their status to that higher than Michael Jackson and people all over the world from different religions and different backgrounds would be running to seek their help
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by UjSizzle(f): 1:51pm On Oct 09, 2012
So you wonder why christians believe in God and the bible and have unwavering faith....and u call us pulpit-fed, blind, or whatever name u've all cooked up by listening to those we believe know more than we do and yet YOU base all these talk on what some guy posted online??
I have two words for u- POT, KETTLE.
You are in no way different from we are. You choose to believe what u wish as we do..only difference is we don't go about callling u fools and trying soooo hard to disprove your theory about an inexistent God with as much as we understand of him as u do....that's what makes us better off. May His light shine on you.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by UjSizzle(f): 1:55pm On Oct 09, 2012
2good: why do people alway play dumb and always look for an excuse to remain in ignorance. If U repeat thesame over and over with no result and U continue to do exactly thesame thing without asking why U don't get a result, then there is a problem with U
My dear we choose not to fight God's will..it's that simple. When we ask of him in prayer we believe that some day he'll open our eyes to see why he has deemed it to be so.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by MacDaddy01: 2:44pm On Oct 09, 2012
uj_sizzle: So you wonder why christians believe in God and the bible and have unwavering faith....and u call us pulpit-fed, blind, or whatever name u've all cooked up by listening to those we believe know more than we do and yet YOU base all these talk on what some guy posted online??
I have two words for u- POT, KETTLE.
You are in no way different from we are. You choose to believe what u wish as we do..only difference is we don't go about callling u fools and trying soooo hard to disprove your theory about an inexistent God with as much as we understand of him as u do....that's what makes us better off. May His light shine on you.

When you and your ilk have called atheist devil worshipers and what not!

Tell me, do you accept this statement from the bible?

Psalm 14-1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth any good.

Are people fools for not believing in god
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by dorox(m): 3:09pm On Oct 09, 2012
You don't hear of an amputated limb being made whole because it is not easy to fake.

4 Likes

Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by mkmyers45(m): 4:37pm On Oct 09, 2012
uj_sizzle:

and yet again you've failed to see my point. Well it's either that or u chose to deliberately ignore the first sentence of what u just quoted.
The power to grow limbs has to existing first of all, then the faith comes in next.
Does this power exist?
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by plaetton: 5:06pm On Oct 09, 2012
uj_sizzle: Again for healing to take place even if the power and grace to grow limbs was available...there must be faith at work. Faith from the man seeking healing and faith from the congregation.

There must be an atmosphere for miracles to take place...

He he he. Here we go again. There must be faith at work? Faith from whom and faith in what?
If no amputee has ever been healed, it could mean one of several things.

1. god is not omnipotent
or,
2. faith required for such a feat does not and has never existed.

There must be an atmosphere for miracles to take place?
You mean Ignorance?
Miracles always tend to happen in an atmosphere of widespread ignorance.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by plaetton: 5:09pm On Oct 09, 2012
MacDaddy01:

What difference does that make?

So your God prioritizes illnesses now?

-recurring malaria------- 10 faith dollars
-sexual frustration------ 100 faith dollars
-Aids-------------------- 500 faith dollars
-Paralysis--------------- 10,000 faith dollars
-Amputee----------------- 10,000,000 faith dollars + private jets

You hit the nail on the head.
This is similar to what we hear from tv evangelist/snake oil salesmen.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by plaetton: 5:13pm On Oct 09, 2012
uj_sizzle:

That's where u are missing everything. You can never understand God based on ur human strength and abilities...u can't see the awesomeness of God and the wonders of his work neither can u understand his ways because it is beyond our Human understanding..to think u can is foolery. It's only by his spirit and grace n until u ask for divine understanding,u can NEVER understand our God.

It has been repeated again.
God is a drug . You must first ingest it in order to feel his grace.
Now, in what way is god better than opium ,weed or cocaine?

Now, if we can never understand your god, then WTF is religion all about?
Why fool yourselves for your entire life about something,which you have admitted, that you can never understand?
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by 2good(m): 5:19pm On Oct 09, 2012
MacDaddy01:

What difference does that make?

So your God prioritizes illnesses now?

-recurring malaria------- 10 faith dollars
-sexual frustration------ 100 faith dollars
-Aids-------------------- 500 faith dollars
-Paralysis--------------- 10,000 faith dollars
-Amputee----------------- 10,000,000 faith dollars + private jets
Logicboy your post is quite funny but so on point. Religious people will always look for a reason or an excuse to justify their belief/ faith even if the reason is very dumb and irrational. The reply I read from theist on this religious forum keep me asking how Nigeria can change for the better when over 70 percent of Nigerians have rendered their brain useless to irrational reasonings and teachings from so call men of god whom are most often ignorant like their flocks.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by plaetton: 5:21pm On Oct 09, 2012
manmustwac: God did not heal amputees simply because he couldn't do it. I mean if he could (which I don't believe) then why would he refuse to help his followers who genuinely needed his help. He was just an ordinary person like you and me. Just like our so called Pastors today like T.B. Joshua and Pastor Chris who claim to have powers to heal the sick can't heal amputees. If Jesus and our pastors could then why wouldn't they it would elevate their status to that higher than Michael Jackson and people all over the world from different religions and different backgrounds would be running to seek their help

In the OT, god showed his inability to heal lepers by declaring them as unclean asking that lepers be confined to colonies.

Even jesus supposedly cured leprs but could not bother to find a permanent cure. I guess that was outside his mandate?

2000yrs later, men of science triumphed over god by finding ,through research, a permanent cure for leprosy.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by MacDaddy01: 5:54pm On Oct 09, 2012
2good: Logicboy your post is quite funny but so on point. Religious people will always look for a reason or an excuse to justify their belief/ faith even if the reason is very dumb and irrational. The reply I read from theist on this religious forum keep me asking how Nigeria can change for the better when over 70 percent of Nigerians have rendered their brain useless to irrational reasonings and teachings from so call men of god whom are most often ignorant like their flocks.

Thank you jo.

People need to wake up and smell the boolshyt that these fake religious leaders are selling. fake azz spiritual healing!
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by MacDaddy01: 5:56pm On Oct 09, 2012
plaetton:

You hit the nail on the head.
This is similar to what we hear from tv evangelist/snake oil salesmen.

lol.....one pastor was even bold enough to tell a doctor that was accusing him of fraud that his powers are beyond the human healing of doctors.

I dont know whether to laugh or cry for humanity and Naija
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by plaetton: 6:01pm On Oct 09, 2012
MacDaddy01:

lol.....one pastor was even bold enough to tell a doctor that was accusing him of fraud that his powers are beyond the human healing of doctors.

I dont know whether to laugh or cry for humanity and Naija

Cry for Naija especially where brains are devolving way back into vegetables.

Pentecostal Fraudsters of Nigeria (PFN) are turning Naija into the biggest Vegetable farm in the entire planet.

1 Like

Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 09, 2012
plaetton:

Cry for Naija especially where brains are devolving way back into vegetables.

Pentecostal Fraudsters of Nigeria (PFN) are turning Naija into the biggest Vegetable farm in the entire planet.

rolf!!!! Nigerians are devolving instead of evolving lol
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by oaroloye(m): 8:05pm On Mar 14, 2017
SHALOM!

elliottibanga:
I came across an opinionated website that posed a rather interesting question to me.

Why don't amputees (People who have lost one or more of their limbs) get "cured" or "healed" by men of God?

At the thousands of religious vigils and crusades that take place throughout Nigeria, has anyone ever witnessed an Amputee getting his lost limbs replaced through the power of prayer and faith alone? It would be fascinating if this actually happened, wouldn't it?

[ For those who care to read from the "horses mouth" the web site is http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/ ]

AMPUTEES HAVE TO EARN THEIR HEALINGS LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

I worked with an Amputee for several months, before I realized that he had NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER in MODIFYING HIS BELIEFS, so that he could WALK again on two Natural Legs.

I therefore found a PROSTHETIC Programme for him.

He didn't take advantage of it.

I finally bought him a pair of elbow crutches, so that he wouldn't have to lay around peeing on himself, because he could not get to his po or toilet.

But I have not seen him use them yet.

Some people just do not have it in them to do what is necessary.

I am familiar with the website.

The author said that "NO CHRISTIAN HAD EVER ANSWERED ALL OF HIS 50 POINTS."

I started to answer, but got discouraged by everyone's lack of response and gave up on the project.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by Pastafarian: 8:26pm On Mar 14, 2017
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

AMPUTEES HAVE TO EARN THEIR HEALINGS LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

I worked with an Amputee for several months, before I realized that he had NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER in MODIFYING HIS BELIEFS, so that he could WALK again on two Natural Legs.

so in the last 30 years been no documented case of an amputee that has INTEREST in MODIFYING HIS BELIEFS, so that he could WALK again on two Natural Legs?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Open Letter To General Overseers And Church Leaders In Nigeria / Redeemed Pastor Say's RCCG's Aim Is To Make Money Not Souls. / Why Is Immorality On The Increase In Today's World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.