Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Why Won't God Heal Amputees? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Won't God Heal Amputees? (2935 Views)

Why Can't God Heal Amputees? / "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" / Why Won't God Heal Amputees? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by UjSizzle(f): 11:10am On Oct 09, 2012
Sorry Obadiah but that doesn't make sense to me. Call it whatever you like.

And in one of your verses u just described eternal life as reincarnation.
Again with the story of the man born blind..didn't Jesus say that it was so the work of God could be made manifest? How does that translate to re-incarnation?
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by elliottibanga(m): 11:10am On Oct 09, 2012
obadiah777: JOHN 9 VS 2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Teacher, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?

REVELATION 1 VS 7 Behold, he comes with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also who pierced him: and all tribes of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

ECLESIASTES 3 VS 15 That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

OK LETS LOOK AT THAT VERSE ..HEBREWS 9 VS 27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgmenT AND WHAT DOES THAT MEAN TO DIE ONCE AND THEN AFTER THAT IS THE JUDGEMENT ? OK LETS DO PRECEPTS UPON PRECEPTS.

ECCLESIASTES 12 VS 7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. SO YOUR SPIRIT RETURNS TO REST. WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THAT ?

2 ESDRAS 14 VS 35 For after death shall the judgment come, when we shall live again: and then shall the names of the righteous be manifest, and the works of the ungodly shall be declared. SO AFTER WE DIE WE SHALL COME BACK TO EARTH AGAIN, WE SHALL LIVE AGAIN, IN THE 3RD OR 4TH GENERATION

EXODUS 20 VS 5 for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation [/b]THATS A HIDDEN VERSE. YOUR CHILDREN ARE PUNISHED IN THE 3RD OR 4TH GENERATION BECAUSE THIS IS YOUR SPIRIT BACK ON EARTH AGAIN IN ANOTHER BODY. REMEMBER THERE ARE VERSES THAT SAY CHILDREN WILL NOT PAY FOR THE SINS OF THE FATHER

EZEKIEL 18 VS 20 [b]The soul who sins is the one who will die. The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous man will be credited to him, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against him.

NOW THAT WE HAVE ESTABLISHED THAT ITS YOU BACK ON EARTH IN THE 3RD OR FOURTH GENERATION. LETS LOOK AT WHAT YOUR PURPOSE ON EARTH WILL BE WHEN YOU COME BACK. LETS SEE WHAT EARTH REALLY IS

ECCLESIASTES 3 VS 16 And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there. [/b]SO THE PLACE OF JUDGEMENT WHERE YOU PAY FOR YOUR SINS IS THE EARTH, WHICH IS HIDDENLY DESCRIBED AS UNDER THE SUN. SO YOU ARE RETURNING TO EARTH TO PAY FOR SINS IN PAST LIFE. LETS LOOK AT THE EXAMPLE OF SOMEONE WHO WAS THOUGHT TO BE PAYING FOR PAST LIFE SINS

JOHN 9 VS 2[b] His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?

I have observed the following about your futile attempts at inserting reincarnation into Christian dogma

1) No where in the above verses is the word "reincarnation" used. And actually the word Reincarnation is not used once in the entire Modern day bible. (Prove me wrong)

2) The concept of reincarnation involves a soul returning back to earthly existence after death, not going of on eternal leave of absence from reality.

3) Your own choice of bible verses have put the nail in your argumentative coffin.

HEBREWS 9 VS 27 "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement"

The truth is "God" has not, does not and will not heal amputees! The reasons why this is so is best kept for another discussion.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by MacDaddy01: 11:11am On Oct 09, 2012
uj_sizzle:

are u so dense that u dnt understand the simple statement 'WE have not been given the power to do so by God?'

What difference does that make?

So your God prioritizes illnesses now?

-recurring malaria------- 10 faith dollars
-sexual frustration------ 100 faith dollars
-Aids-------------------- 500 faith dollars
-Paralysis--------------- 10,000 faith dollars
-Amputee----------------- 10,000,000 faith dollars + private jets

3 Likes

Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by elliottibanga(m): 11:14am On Oct 09, 2012
obadiah777: IF YOU ARE ACTUALLY LOOKING FOR THE WORD 'REINCARNATION' THAT TELLS ME YOU ARE NOT A SPIRITUAL PERSON. SCRIPTURE SAYS

JOHN 4 VS 48 "Unless you people see miraculous signs and wonders," Jesus told him, "you will never believe."

SCRIPTURES IS COVERT NOT OVERT SO YOU HAVE TO BE SPIRITUALLY QUICKENED TO SYNC WITH THE HIDDEN PARABLES AND WORDS

PSALMS 78 VS 2 I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter hidden things

THE BIBLE IS WRITTEN IN PARABLES AND HIDDEN WORDS AND LANGUAGE. ITS COVERT NOT OVERT. YOU WILL NOT SEE THE WORD 'REINCARNATION' IN IT.

Are you asking me to suspend my thinking faculties, avoid reason and logic, and blindly open my self to belief?

Sorry Sir, but this I cannot do!
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 09, 2012
uj_sizzle: Sorry Obadiah but that doesn't make sense to me. Call it whatever you like.

And in one of your verses u just described eternal life as reincarnation.
Again with the story of the man born blind..didn't Jesus say that it was so the work of God could be made manifest? How does that translate to re-incarnation?
see you have to relax, breathe and ruminate on those scriptures to get it. you dont read it like a novel. ruminate and meditate and regurgitate
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by UjSizzle(f): 11:16am On Oct 09, 2012
I just pray that MY GOD will let his light shine on you.

Right now i'm goin to listen to wat Paul said in 2Timothy 2:23-26.

Toodles
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by MacDaddy01: 11:16am On Oct 09, 2012
obadiah777: see you have to relax, breathe and ruminate on those scriptures to get it. you dont read it like a novel. ruminate and meditate and regurgitate
You mean that we should suspend belief and logic then accept it?

mad man
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 09, 2012
elliottibanga:

I have observed the following about your futile attempts at inserting reincarnation into Christian dogma

1) No where in the above verses is the word "reincarnation" used. And actually the word Reincarnation is not used once in the entire Modern day bible. (Prove me wrong)

2) The concept of reincarnation involves a soul returning back to earthly existence after death, not going of on eternal leave of absence from reality.

3) Your own choice of bible verses have put the nail in your argumentative coffin.

HEBREWS 9 VS 27 "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement"

The truth is "God" has not, does not and will not heal amputees! The reason why are for another discussion.
you are just not going to get it because you are an oyedepo and oyakhilome type of christian. see there is a difference between real believers and then the religion christianity. the religion christianity is a delusion. thats what you are under. you are under a delusion.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by MacDaddy01: 11:17am On Oct 09, 2012
uj_sizzle: I just pray that MY GOD will let his light shine on you.

Right now i'm goin to listen to wat Paul said in 2Timothy 2:23-26.

Toodles

Butthurt christian on the run!

Nice, run away when you cant logically defend your god and the bible
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by UjSizzle(f): 11:18am On Oct 09, 2012
obadiah777: see you have to relax, breathe and ruminate on those scriptures to get it. you dont read it like a novel. ruminate and meditate and regurgitate

trust me i have a bible beside me smiley
and i will with an open mind, but if it still makes no meaning then it doesn't make sense. I'll take this a bit further by asking other peopole's opinions with biblical refrences.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 09, 2012
elliottibanga:

The truth is "God" has not, does not and will not heal amputees! The reason why are for another discussion.

Have you every heard of the GATE MAN SYNDROME? He guides the house,he is always at the entrance but never inside the building. He obviously doesn't know what goes on inside. His master knows he will never make such an attempt.

You are a RELIGIOUS GATE MAN. The best way to keep a secret is to give it to a black man,written in a big black book with hard cover. He will guide it with all his life. That is why the whites call us fools. Haven't you just showned that now?

3 Likes

Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 09, 2012
MacDaddy01:
You mean that we should suspend belief and logic then accept it?

mad man
well scripture do say unless you come to him like a child, you will not be accepted in the kingdom, so yes you have to suspend all pre-concieved beliefs and logic. all of mans logic is foolishness with the lord. grin grin
so you are right. we suspend logic and belief. then we humble down and approach it like an enthusiastic child with clean slate grin FOR ONCE YOU HAVE SAID SOMETHING THAT MAKES SENSE. SALUTE
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by UjSizzle(f): 11:21am On Oct 09, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Butthurt christian on the run!

Nice, run away when you cant logically defend your god and the bible

That's where u are missing everything. You can never understand God based on ur human strength and abilities...u can't see the awesomeness of God and the wonders of his work neither can u understand his ways because it is beyond our Human understanding..to think u can is foolery. It's only by his spirit and grace n until u ask for divine understanding,u can NEVER understand our God.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 09, 2012
ifeness:

Have you every heard of the GATE MAN SYNDROME? He guides the house,he is always at the entrance but never inside the building. He obviously doesn't know what goes on inside. His master knows he will never make such an attempt.

You are a RELIGIOUS GATE MAN. The best way to keep a secret is to give it to a black man,written in a big black book with hard cover. He will guide it with all his life. That is why the whites call us fools. Haven't you just showned that now?
grin grin grin YEAH THAT HE IS. A GATEMAN. SECURITY OFFICER grin grin
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by elliottibanga(m): 11:23am On Oct 09, 2012
obadiah777: you are just not going to get it because you are an oyedepo and oyakhilome type of christian. see there is a difference between real believers and then the religion christianity. the religion christianity is a delusion. thats what you are under. you are under a delusion.

Not that it is relevant to the topic of this forum, but I'm an Agnostic, not an "oyedepo and Oyakhilome" christian.

Personally I do not care much for theses two "Men Of God". undecided
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 09, 2012
uj_sizzle:

trust me i have a bible beside me smiley
and i will with an open mind, but if it still makes no meaning then it doesn't make sense. I'll take this a bit further by asking other peopole's opinions with biblical refrences.
YOU GOTTA LEARN TO CRAWL BEFORE YOU WALK. LIKE I SAID, MEDITATE AND RUMINATE BEFORE YOU REGURGITATE.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by MacDaddy01: 11:26am On Oct 09, 2012
uj_sizzle:

That's where u are missing everything. You can never understand God based on ur human strength and abilities...u can't see the awesomeness of God and the wonders of his work neither can u understand his ways because it is beyond our Human understanding..to think u can is foolery. It's only by his spirit and grace n until u ask for divine understanding,u can NEVER understand our God.

Your god that loves slavery in the old testament?

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

better read your bible because I clearly know it more than you.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by UjSizzle(f): 11:27am On Oct 09, 2012
I don't NEED to defend my God or my bible. Christianity has always being a religion of faith. Without faith it is impossible to please God. There is no proof for a religion based on faith like u always seek...there is only testimonies as we taste n see his goodness. We humble ourselves before him like children and wait to receive such good gifts from him.

Call it madness if u will but i will never see the need to defend an Almighty God.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by MacDaddy01: 11:27am On Oct 09, 2012
obadiah777: well scripture do say unless you come to him like a child, you will not be accepted in the kingdom, so yes you have to suspend all pre-concieved beliefs and logic. all of mans logic is foolishness with the lord. grin grin
so you are right. we suspend logic and belief. then we humble down and approach it like an enthusiastic child with clean slate grin FOR ONCE YOU HAVE SAID SOMETHING THAT MAKES SENSE. SALUTE

I'm a grown man. Cant be a child.

Too bad for da lord! wink
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 09, 2012
elliottibanga:

Not that it is relevant to the topic of this forum, but I'm an Agnostic, not an "oyedepo and Oyakhilome" christian.

Personally I do not care much for theses two "Men Of God". undecided
YOU ARE AN AGNOSTIC ? WHY THE HECK ARE WE HAVING THIS CONVERSATION THEN ? I THOUGHT YOU WERE A REAL MAN OF GOD undecided
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by UjSizzle(f): 11:30am On Oct 09, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Your god that loves slavery in the old testament?

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

better read your bible because I clearly know it more than you.
the greek word translates servant. Read Eph6:5-9 n know God teaches love to great n small alike.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by elliottibanga(m): 11:31am On Oct 09, 2012
ifeness:

The good thing about open forum is that everyone is allowed to have an opinion, and you are more than welcome to yours Sir.

I'm not sure what your own convictions are concerning faith or the lack of it but I believe that the only way to reach the truth is by having constructive discussions on the subject mater with respect for others.

I would suggest you comment on the subject of this forum or get the Faaaaq out. (Pardon my French)
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 09, 2012
uj_sizzle: I don't NEED to defend my God or my bible. Christianity has always being a religion of faith. Without faith it is impossible to please God. There is no proof for a religion based on faith like u always seek...there is only testimonies as we taste n see his goodness. We humble ourselves before him like children and wait to receive such good gifts from him.

Call it madness if u will but i will never see the need to defend an Almighty God.

Correction sir! it is not your bible- but rather your daily delusional drug. The more you read it,the less productive you remain to the society. But that keeps the pocket of your pastor smiling smiley
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by MacDaddy01: 11:33am On Oct 09, 2012
uj_sizzle:
the greek word translates servant. Read Eph6:5-9 n know God teaches love to great n small alike.

Nope, it means slave.

Is your servant your property? Isnt it mentioned in the verse that the slaves are property?

Nice try but you fail.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 09, 2012
elliottibanga:

The good thing about open forum is that everyone is allowed to have an opinion, and you are more than welcome to yours Sir.

I'm not sure what your own convictions are concerning faith or the lack of it but I believe that the only way to reach the truth is by having constructive discussions on the subject mater with respect for others.

I would suggest you comment on the subject of this forum or get the Faaaaq out. (Pardon my French)

That is not french,perhaps it is in your bible! At least our conversations have enlightened you a bit. You don't have to admit it tho. smiley
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by elliottibanga(m): 11:38am On Oct 09, 2012
obadiah777: YOU ARE AN AGNOSTIC ? WHY THE HECK ARE WE HAVING THIS CONVERSATION THEN ? I THOUGHT YOU WERE A REAL MAN OF GOD undecided

I wonder why you made that assumption. All I did was ask a question.

You assumed and you assumed wrong!
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 09, 2012
elliottibanga:

I wonder why you made that assumption. All I did was ask a question.

You assumed and you assumed wrong!

I GUESS I STAND CORRECTED. AND BEING AN AGNOSTIC, YOU CANT HAVE ANY MASTERY OF THE BIBLE SO I FIND IT ABSURD YOU CONTESTING REINCARNATION. ITS LIKE A VEGETARIAN TRYING TO ARGUE ABOUT THE BEST WAY TO COOK MEAT. ITS PREPOSTEROUS
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by elliottibanga(m): 11:43am On Oct 09, 2012
ifeness:

That is not french,perhaps it is in your bible! At least our conversations have enlightened you a bit. You don't have to admit it tho. smiley

Pardon my French
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the phrase. For other uses, see Pardon my French (disambiguation) and Excuse My French (disambiguation).
"Pardon my French" or "Excuse my French" is a common English language phrase ostensibly disguising profanity as French. The phrase is uttered in an attempt to excuse the user of profanity or curses in the presence of those offended by it under the pretense of the words being part of a foreign language.

FYI wink
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by elliottibanga(m): 11:55am On Oct 09, 2012
obadiah777: I GUESS I STAND CORRECTED. AND BEING AN AGNOSTIC, YOU CANT HAVE ANY MASTERY OF THE BIBLE SO I FIND IT ABSURD YOU CONTESTING REINCARNATION. ITS LIKE A VEGETARIAN TRYING TO ARGUE ABOUT THE BEST WAY TO COOK MEAT. ITS PREPOSTEROUS

The reason why Reincarnation is even being talked about is becos someone asserted that amputees where being punished for evils done in their past lives.

I don't agree that this assertion has basis in the bible. My understanding of the bible may be limited, but on this issue I stand my ground.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 09, 2012
elliottibanga:

The reason why Reincarnation is even being talked about is becos someone asserted that amputees where being punished for evils done in their past lives.

I don't agree that this assertion has basis in the bible. My understanding of the bible may be limited, but on this issue I stand my ground.
ISNT THIS THE CRAZIEST STATEMENT YALL EVER HEARD ? HERE WE HAVE AN AGNOSTIC FELLA WHO OPENLY ADMITS HE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT THE BIBLE BUT THEN IN THE SAME SENTENCE HE IS STANDING HIS GROUND ON SOMETHING CONCERNING THE BIBLE shocked undecided
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by UjSizzle(f): 12:04pm On Oct 09, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Nope, it means slave.

Is your servant your property? Isnt it mentioned in the verse that the slaves are property?

Nice try but you fail.

and here again

*tuning you out*
This is the point i ignore everything coming from you. You are just a trouble maker incapable of having a productive discussion.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 09, 2012
uj_sizzle:

and here again

*tuning you out*
This is the point i ignore everything coming from you. You are just a trouble maker incapable of having a productive discussion.
shocked grin DAYUMMMMMMMMMMMMM LOGICBOY GOT PI-MP SLAPPED . WELL DAYUMMM

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Open Letter To General Overseers And Church Leaders In Nigeria / Today Is Good Friday / The Sin That Defeats Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.