Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,815 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds (26304 Views)

Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) / Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) / OAU Students Protest Non-Payment Of Workers' Salaries (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by 1313(m): 5:17pm On Oct 09, 2012
My question is where were all these students when the beating was going on, I'm sure if not for the media coverage this protest wouldn't have happened. My dear I ask the same question the day I saw that merciless beating. Where was the SUG? Don't they have Man O war? That beating was not done in 5mins. Was that village so secluded from Uniport that no one could quickly pass the info? Were they the only student around when the beating was going on? The same thing happen in FUTO during my undergraduate yrs. Before the news even get to sch that a student was attacked, fellow students had retaliated n safe the live of that student. That is the spirit of ALUTA. But am so shocked abt this one....chei!
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by pawa4ul: 5:19pm On Oct 09, 2012
manbuchai:
I disagree with you,how come the villagers stood-by watching without any opposition to the lynching.If they are human and accomodating as you claimed why didnt the chief or elders prevent this lynching.They approved of it,if you watched the video,it is absolutely clear that the villagers are evil.I as a person could not comprehend why they went to this extent.The Aluu villagers are a set of evil people,none of them attempted to stop the lynching of the four young students.My heart bleeds!i am relly scared,one is not save in that country.There is so much hatred,it is a shame.

I watched one of those videos in you tube and I certainly heard a voice sounding "open that gate" I am not making assertions here but it could still be possible it was not in the open village. Whatever the case the act is condemned. I do not in any way support this, but what I am trying to say is that the act of a small group of persons cannot be used to make a generic statement for a full tribe. My advice still is, that the law agents should swing into full action to fish out the culprits and kill them to justice.
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by WinkWrld: 5:20pm On Oct 09, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]THE TRUTH BE TOLD, NIGERIA IS A VERY BAD COUNTRY. THE PRESIDENT HAD A SPEECH TODAY AND DID NOT MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT THE ON-GOING KILLINGS IN HIS COUNTRY.NIGERIAN STUDENTS WERE KILLED AND NOT A WORD TO CALM THE AGRIEVED FAMILIES AND FRIENDS. SHAME ON MR PRESIDENT. HE HAS FAILED WOEFULLLY. HIS GOVERNMENT HAS FAILED. HE MORE OR LESS HAS BROUGHT BADLUCK TO THIS COUNTRY. WE CANNOT BOAST OF ANYTHING GOOD AS NIGERIANS.I AM INDEED A DISAPPOINTED NIGERIAN.MY GOVERNMENT HAS FAILED ME. I HEAR NIGERIA IS A FAILED STATE BUT NOW IT IS OBVIOUS.
HE IS QUICK TO RELEASE FUNDS TO GOVERNORS...RELEASING MONEY FOR WHAT? HOW WILL MONEY SAVE THE FLOODING VICTIMS.? HOW MANY STATES HAVE THE INSTRUMENTS FOR EVACUATION. AT THIS POINT, WE NEED INTERNATIONAL ASSISTANCE INSTEAD. THE FUNDS RELEASED TO THE SO-CALLED GOVERNORS SEEMS MEANINGLESS BECAUSE HOW MANY STATE GOVERNORS HAVE DISASTER CONTROL MEASSURES. THIS ACTION IS FRAUDULENT. THE AMOUNT MEASURES IN BILLIONS. THIS IS OUR MONEY. HE IS SETTING UP COMMITTEE AT THIS TIME! THIS IS SO-WRONG.

Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by 1313(m): 5:22pm On Oct 09, 2012
steph7: My question is where were all these students when the beating was going on, I'm sure if not for the media coverage this protest wouldn't have happened.
My dear I ask the same question the day I saw that merciless beating. Where was the SUG? Don't they have Man O war? That beating was not done in 5mins. Was that village so secluded from Uniport that no one could quickly pass the info? Were they the only student around when the beating was going on? The same thing happen in FUTO during my undergraduate yrs. Before the news even get to sch that a student was attacked, fellow students had retaliated n safe the live of that student. That is the spirit of ALUTA. But am so shocked abt this one....chei!
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by ujchief(m): 5:23pm On Oct 09, 2012
pawa4ul:

Your advice is wrong. More than 70% of the structures there are owner by non indegenes of that community. Going there to burn down structures will not in any way replace the lives of those poor helpless students. The real thing to do is for the law enforcement agencies to swing into full action and produce the culprits and not sit down and tell us they are investigating. There are pictures and videos taken at the scene. This should be a food starting point for results. If houses are destroyed and the people go Scott free, then we have achieved nothing. This act should be deeply looked into, and those involved be really killed slowly to feel more pains than they inflicted on the poor students.
u dont get the point, do u? Nothing is goin to bring back those 4 guys, not even when the vigilante guys are arested and executed. So why let sleeping dogs lie? Burn down the fckin comunity, it wil serve as a deterent to future ocurances. The story of a reprisal atack could save a Futo student from ihiagwa vilagers, Unizik student from ifite villagers, Absu student from okigwe indigeans etc. A strong lesson needs to be sent to host comunities to prevent a future reocurence! Last wk, a group of almajiri touts lined up students and shot them dead!
Once again, burn down that useles vilage!
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 09, 2012
1313: My question is where were all these students when the beating was going on, I'm sure if not for the media coverage this protest wouldn't have happened. My dear I ask the same question the day I saw that merciless beating. Where was the SUG? Don't they have Man O war? That beating was not done in 5mins. Was that village so secluded from Uniport that no one could quickly pass the info? Were they the only student around when the beating was going on? The same thing happen in FUTO during my undergraduate yrs. Before the news even get to sch that a student was attacked, fellow students had retaliated n safe the live of that student. That is the spirit of ALUTA. But am so shocked abt this one....chei!
The students were paraded and beaten for close to 4 hours. I don't know how long it takes from Choba to Aluu, but I'm sure it's not a far distance. Where were some of the students all that while? They can't say for four hours they didn't hear that their fellow students were being beat up somewhere. Now the boys are dead and they're forming ALUTA four days after the incident.

2 Likes

Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by soundtruth(m): 5:34pm On Oct 09, 2012
Rumor not ascertained say they are burning some houses in the Aluu community, the VC of the university went to address the rioters and got pelted with water, its almost inevitable that the school would be closed down.
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by biggzman: 5:36pm On Oct 09, 2012
Nonsense protest. Thiz can't happen to any malabite/malabresst(unical student) And fellow malabite/malabress stroll around.God help them, By now the community would have been history.
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by Sodiq33(m): 5:38pm On Oct 09, 2012
Chai,y no b kaduna,1000+ go don follow am..i trust k.d boys
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by soundtruth(m): 5:41pm On Oct 09, 2012
ItsModella:
The students were paraded and beaten for close to 4 hours. I don't know how long it takes from Choba to Aluu, but I'm sure it's not a far distance. Where were some of the students all that while? They can't say for four hours they didn't hear that their fellow students were being beat up somewhere. Now the boys are dead and they're forming ALUTA four days after the incident.

truth be told that some of the people currently rioting and burning are not UNIPORT students but people brought in from other universities by the National Association of Nigerian Students.
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 09, 2012
Cudnt continue d updates cos my b3 got drained..
Right now, we'v moved out of d road... Into the village...
Moving to d spot.. Where we lost our own!... Our very own!! sad

1 Like

Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 09, 2012
1313: My question is where were all these students when the beating was going on, I'm sure if not for the media coverage this protest wouldn't have happened. My dear I ask the same question the day I saw that merciless beating. Where was the SUG? Don't they have Man O war? That beating was not done in 5mins. Was that village so secluded from Uniport that no one could quickly pass the info? Were they the only student around when the beating was going on? The same thing happen in FUTO during my undergraduate yrs. Before the news even get to sch that a student was attacked, fellow students had retaliated n safe the live of that student. That is the spirit of ALUTA. But am so shocked abt this one....chei!

Uniport doesn't have Man º°˚' war..
And i can confidently tell u as a a student unionist that the school ddnt want to interfere with the issue from the onset..
They said school security had no powers off-campus.
Hence, d task was left to d police... D clueless police.
We(sug) cudnt go against d skool. Our interim president was saving his head.

1 Like

Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 09, 2012
I remember my days in FUTO when those wicked villagers killed one of our students!

Their village has never remained thesame till today! That day all hell was let loose!
Aluta spirit is dead! The people that watched and recorded the video majority of them were students.. Now they are busy making noise in the name of protest!

Smh!
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by soundtruth(m): 5:50pm On Oct 09, 2012
Imanuelle:

And i can confidently tell u as a a student unionist that the school ddnt want to interfere with the issue from the onset..

but was it not the man o war they accused of torturing and killing innocent students some years ago that led to a crisis?
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 09, 2012
1313: My dear I ask the same question the day I saw that merciless beating. Where was the SUG? Don't they have Man O war? That beating was not done in 5mins. Was that village so secluded from Uniport that no one could quickly pass the info? Were they the only student around when the beating was going on? The same thing happen in FUTO during my undergraduate yrs. Before the news even get to sch that a student was attacked, fellow students had retaliated n safe the live of that student. That is the spirit of ALUTA. But am so shocked abt this one....chei!

My brother I was part of the "eziobodo revolt" back then! It was fire for fire, it took the presence of the governor to calm our nerves that day! U can't try this in other schools! Kai! Uniport fall my hand!

2 Likes

Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by hollypagan: 5:54pm On Oct 09, 2012
the boys was used for ritual to cleans the land
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 09, 2012
Imanuelle:

Are you a member of the student union body? Pls tell me u are not,cos am about to speak venom

1 Like

Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by soundtruth(m): 5:58pm On Oct 09, 2012
Its been confirmed that the rioters have burned some houses in the community and rampaged on the roads destroying businesses.
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 09, 2012
ogbeche77: Are you a member of the student union body? Pls tell me u are not,cos am about to speak venom
See fore-warning o.

1 Like

Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 09, 2012
Uniport does not have suG/man'o war..... Reasons man'o war killed 3 students around dis time last year,as for SUG d election dis year was nolified becos d winner is from ibo! And student were is sch wen d beating was going on cos Omokiri is far from sch! Pple did not believe until they started seeing pic. Yes aluu is on fire right now and pple are moving out.... Here are pic so pls if u have any1 there warn/beg/tell dem to leave n pray for us!

Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 09, 2012
Adary: Uniport does not have suG/man'o war..... Reasons man'o war killed 3 students around dis time last year,as for SUG d election dis year was nolified becos d winner is from ibo! And student were is sch wen d beating was going on cos Omokiri is far from sch! Pple did not believe until they started seeing pic. Yes aluu is on fire right now and pple are moving out.... Here are pic so pls if u have any1 there warn/beg/tell dem to leave n pray for us!
Are those some of the villagers escaping? WHY WERE THEY NOT STOPPED?
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by soundtruth(m): 6:05pm On Oct 09, 2012
and as usual the police are going about doing nothing together with their JTF cousins.
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by soundtruth(m): 6:08pm On Oct 09, 2012
@adary

hope you are not also staying in the aluu area?
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by ghettodreamz(m): 6:12pm On Oct 09, 2012
pawa4ul:

I watched one of those videos in you tube and I certainly heard a voice sounding "open that gate" I am not making assertions here but it could still be possible it was not in the open village. Whatever the case the act is condemned. I do not in any way support this, but what I am trying to say is that the act of a small group of persons cannot be used to make a generic statement for a full tribe. My advice still is, that the law agents should swing into full action to fish out the culprits and kill them to justice.

Maybe you need to watch the video again to understand the whole scenario better. I'm sure they were referring to the gate of Hell, when they said, "Open that gate". Really saddened that those heartless culprits that perpetrated the despicable acts would wish that their fellow humans should go to hell fire. For any reason whatsoever, the departed souls don't deserve the grisly ways they were being put to death, and that which they had done is a great abomination in the sight of God (our creator).

If we could do this to our fellow brothers on the same land (NIGERIA). If our brothers living in the Diaspora are being tortured and made to go through this same measure of savagely cruel death. When this happens, then what will be our reactions cry cry cry

Undoubtedly true, Nigeria is a country where lawlessness and extra judicial killing prevails. I don't think their protest would avail much, neither would it bring back souls of the departed ones. Let the NPF and other concerned security bodies do their work, for law to take its full course, ensuring that anyone involved in the nefarious act are being apprehended, charged to court, tried for murder and made to face the consequences of their inhumane deeds, thereafter.
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by soundtruth(m): 6:15pm On Oct 09, 2012
Rioters on rampage looting eating joints on the road, destroying vehicles and burning houses.
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 09, 2012
@soundT am not in aluu, where I am is safe and I hope it remains so..... Was in school today so it was easy to take picture. Tnks for caring
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 09, 2012
More pic
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 09, 2012
ogbeche77: Are you a member of the student union body? Pls tell me u are not,cos am about to speak venom

D elections got annulled...
So d skool had to fix an interim( d men dey wanted)
Spit out whatever u have to say....
I wasn't aware until it was over...
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by mactoni91(m): 6:28pm On Oct 09, 2012
at d time of d lynching many of us where unaware...
I was at choba uptill 8pm dat nite nd most of us neva heard of d incident
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 09, 2012
Cool
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by ddim22: 6:31pm On Oct 09, 2012
Imanuelle: D struggle continues...
The student should not allow this act of barbarism on their fellow student to go unpunished.Their must be a reprisal attack against aluu community to preclude a re-occurrence.Because if nothing is done by the student,believe me,in the near future they will kill students again and make a show of it.
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by soundtruth(m): 6:32pm On Oct 09, 2012
@adary

please remove the pictures as those boys may end up being rusticated or arrested if really they are UNIPORT students.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rose Okeke: I Won The James Currey Prize 2022, Yet Hundeyin Got The Fellowship / Pls Can Someone Tell Me The Meaning Mtcheeeeww?? / DETAILS ON LASPOTECH HND FULLTIME, ND/HND PART-TIME 2016/2017 APPLICATION FORM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.