Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,075 members, 7,811,014 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds (26287 Views)

Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) / Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) / OAU Students Protest Non-Payment Of Workers' Salaries (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by size38: 6:33pm On Oct 09, 2012
No more violence. Peaceful protest abeg. because if goes violence, more casaulties will be recorded because there thousands of uniport students living in Aluu communities.
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by dabrake(m): 6:34pm On Oct 09, 2012
bbpreye:

My brother I was part of the "eziobodo revolt" back then! It was fire for fire, it took the presence of the governor to calm our nerves that day! U can't try this in other schools! Kai! Uniport fall my hand!
the thing sef dey obvious. you go be violent person.
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by stagger: 6:34pm On Oct 09, 2012
pawa4ul:

You should leave the Ikwerre people out of this. I have being in Port Harcourt for decades and as far as I am concerned, they are amongst the most accommodating people in that Rivers state. This is just a barbaric act that has been widely condemned even amongst them. Be more objective pls.

You are thinking with your rear ends. Either you are one of the bastard.s that did this, or you are harbouring one of them. I have lived with them, eaten with them, played football with them and still have friends among them. But they all have a common denominator: wickedness. Try and rent a house or shop from them and see whether you will have peace of mind.

Or try buying land in Ikwerre land. By the time you kill goat for several parties and pay for "bush entry", foundation, etc, you will know. Between them and Omo'niles, I don't know who is worse.

4 Likes

Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by gasbi: 6:34pm On Oct 09, 2012
steph7: My question is where were all these students when the beating was going on, I'm sure if not for the media coverage this protest wouldn't have happened.
Thank-you.
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by soundtruth(m): 6:36pm On Oct 09, 2012
The protest was never intended to be peaceful, as the night draws near and the rioters refuse to disperse there are bound to be heavy casualties.
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by soundtruth(m): 6:39pm On Oct 09, 2012
By the way i have not seen any uniform or plain clothes police men with tear gas cannisters; all of them are holding guns making me wonder how they intend to disperse the rioters without deaths being recorded.
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by soundtruth(m): 6:42pm On Oct 09, 2012
Guess i was too fast there, tear gas is now falling like rain everywhere, guess the party is over.
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by ghettodreamz(m): 6:48pm On Oct 09, 2012
soundtruth: Guess i was too fast there, tear gas is now falling like rain everywhere, guess the party is over.

Didn't you guys make provisions for that? I was thinking you should have gallons filled with Kerosene, at least to render the tear gas effectless.
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by soundtruth(m): 6:49pm On Oct 09, 2012
please don't lump me with the rioters, i take God beg you.

1 Like

Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by pawesome(m): 6:51pm On Oct 09, 2012
Bring dem bitches
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by Odunnu: 6:53pm On Oct 09, 2012
doctokwus: So students evn lived in dat community.Shame on UNIPORT students,in many other universities wt similar communities,calls or evn physical errands to student union executives wud av bn made immediately d 4 were confirmed to be students;d union members or other students wud av mobilized others& d 4 saved frm dere horrendous deaths.See dem now doing aluta days after d incident wen dey had 8 gud hours to stop d nightmare of friday.Abeg,dey shd all pack their bags& go home& let d security authorities handle dis.Aluta kor,pasuma na!
Sensible post so far

2 Likes

Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by ghettodreamz(m): 6:56pm On Oct 09, 2012
soundtruth: please don't lump me with the rioters, i take God beg you.

Sorry my bad, hope I haven't vex you? I was thinking you were one, never knew you were only a reporter of the proceedings.
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by soundtruth(m): 7:03pm On Oct 09, 2012
oh yes its raining tear gas but it appears the rioters are digging deep.
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by Superbrain(m): 7:10pm On Oct 09, 2012
Hemanwel: If dis had happened in Ekosodin Village ehn...
I luv UNIBEN aluta!
Thank you my brother. It wouldn't have happened in the first place. I keep asking myself where these students were when this heinous crime was carried out. It's too late.
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by ddim22: 7:11pm On Oct 09, 2012
People should stop saying that burning houses and vehicles will not bring back the deceased.That is not what we are talking about,what we are saying is that the people of aluu must be made to see the gravity and egregiousness of the crime they have committed.And the only way to achieve that aim is for the students to go into that community and kill a large number of people.The students should burn houses,vehicles and they should set ablaze the farms and bushes in that community.When all these are done,that community will be civilized by force,even if they barbarically belong to the stone age of dinosaurs.The police,army etc,should do their job to ensure they get the particular people who killed those boys,but the whole community must suffer the consequences.

1 Like

Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by DonaldGenes(m): 7:12pm On Oct 09, 2012
biggzman: Nonsense protest. Thiz can't happen to any malabite/malabresst(unical student) And fellow malabite/malabress stroll around.God help them, By now the community would have been history.

abi oooooo trust unical nah
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by agent22: 7:21pm On Oct 09, 2012
4 0

Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by otokx(m): 7:24pm On Oct 09, 2012
The University of Port Harcourt has been closed down with immediate effect and all students in the hostel to vacate immediately.
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by avivannna(f): 7:24pm On Oct 09, 2012
If they had mobilized themselves like this on the day it happened, I'm guessing it would have been a different story. If the truth had come out in the beginning that they were not robbers, it might have been a different story. Have they caught the real people that killed those boys
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by rman: 7:30pm On Oct 09, 2012
So many killers and rioters on nairaland.
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by onyxo76(m): 7:30pm On Oct 09, 2012
otokx: The University of Port Harcourt has been closed down with immediate effect and all students in the hostel to vacate immediately.
is that confirmed? Channels tv only mentioned protest by students.
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by manbuchai: 7:30pm On Oct 09, 2012
stagger:

You are thinking with your rear ends. Either you are one of the bastard.s that did this, or you are harbouring one of them. I have lived with them, eaten with them, played football with them and still have friends among them. But they all have a common denominator: wickedness. Try and rent a house or shop from them and see whether you will have peace of mind.

Or try buying land in Ikwerre land. By the time you kill goat for several parties and pay for "bush entry", foundation, etc, you will know. Between them and Omo'niles, I don't know who is worse.
100 likes
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by soundtruth(m): 7:32pm On Oct 09, 2012
onyxo76: is that confirmed? Channels tv only mentioned protest by students.

NTA Port Harcourt has just announced it and they say until normalcy resumes in the communities surrounding the university the institution will remain closed as security of the students lives cannot be guaranteed.
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by bigx(m): 7:42pm On Oct 09, 2012
stagger:

Same reason I'm scared of property investment in Port Harcourt, had issues indirectly with one "King of the Jungle, Tony" when a relative bought land at the Sani Abacha area about 10 years ago. It was combined military and police effort that silenced him.
Strange enough, I saw the same tout on a poster (in suit) during the last election contesting for a position (cant remember which).
I also had one fetish ikwerre landlord a few years back that was fond of doing odd things at midnight around the house, nobody told me to abandon my remaining rent and park out.
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by armadeo(m): 7:43pm On Oct 09, 2012
otokx: The University of Port Harcourt has been closed down with immediate effect and all students in the hostel to vacate immediately.

So what is the latest from aluu.

1 Like

Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by mrkels(m): 7:45pm On Oct 09, 2012
To all those supporting the burning, killing of the Aluu villagers, Do you know you are not different from the villages that killed the boys? Retialating would compound problems for the students and future students and may even make the government drop the case. Please let's stop and think for a while, imagine if someone is killed in this protest and the person vowes to take revenge on any student, it could be now , or later in the future when things have calmed down, and then it would be an innocent student, one who may even be writing jamb now in hopes of getting into uniport. Please, let the police do their jobs and not students. Its very painful but students do go home and pressurize the police to bring justice and not you doing it your own way. Nothing justifies killing another person(assuming someone is killed in this riot now)
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by onyxo76(m): 7:46pm On Oct 09, 2012
soundtruth:

NTA Port Harcourt has just announced it and they say until normalcy resumes in the communities surrounding the university the institution will remain closed as security of the students lives cannot be guaranteed.
this is serious. But what about the debtor who accussed those guys of being armed robbers? Where is he presently? The local villagers couldn't have uploaded that video on the internet so who did upload it?what's the situation on ground in PH now?
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by soundtruth(m): 7:59pm On Oct 09, 2012
Can only talk of the situation within the University of Port Harcourt and its environment, there is a massive case of internally displaced people - including student and staff moving from the Aluu area to other places and even into the university campus. It will be by tomorrow that there would be a great exodus of students out of the hostels. It is very serious and pathetic because it will set the place back - if the so called villagers decide to react this night, the first point of call is the student apartments on the outskirts of the village which are owned by non natives. The NANS people who came to up the ante will all go back to their universities that are in session so who is the looser now?
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by Captwahala(m): 8:05pm On Oct 09, 2012
Now I see why companies recruit foreign graduates ahead of Nigeria-trained graduates. Since I returned to this country, I have always struggle to analyse the thinking of the average Nigerian graduate I come across in the corporate world.
The big issue is the barbaric mentality.
The same mentality that makes a man pummel four young students to death with wooden planks and then douse them in fuel and set them alight?
The same barbaric mentality that makes a crowd of onlookers watch the above and not intervene
The same barbaric mentality that makes young men believe they have to join secret cults instead of engaging in intellectual research and development
The same barbaric mentality that the average nigerian student displays in the name of "Aluta", instead of displaying a higher intellect than the average
The same barbaric mentality that the average nairalander is displaying on this thread based on 95% of the responses above.
The same barbaric mentality that exhibited on most nairaland threads were supposedly educated people cannot have a discussion without displaying illiterate traits such as name calling, religious and ethnic bigotry, etc

So let's analyse a scenario:
We have a hypothetical Uniport student called Victor. Victor has just watched the video of the killings on his phone and is enraged as you and I are.
So we are saying Victor should leave his dormitory and proceed to Aluu?
When he gets to Aluu who in particular is he supposed to attack (Those chaps on the video are definitely going to be in hiding)?
Let's assume Victor decides to "teach the community a lesson as whole" by destroying random property or hurting random people, how is he different from chap with the big stick?
What exactly is the intellectual reasoning behind the protests?
I thought building a tetiary institution in a community is supposed to increase the intellectual level of the community
Why not address the fundamental issues:
1. Failure of the security system: Indigenes and Uniport students resident in Aluu, including one of the deceased, have complained about the lack of security in that area.
2. The activities of secret cults in Nigerian universities which contributed to the above, among other social ills
3. Failure of the Judicial system: That allows criminals to walk free. That leads to Nigerians taking the law into their own hands. majority of us are ignorant, lynchings have been the norm in Nigeria for over 20 years.

1 Like

Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by soundtruth(m): 8:09pm On Oct 09, 2012
Students have been asked to vacate the hostels this night, its a very sad situation, they should have allowed the children pack in the morning but men the fear of the unknown is now driving everybody out.
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by lorddannie: 8:09pm On Oct 09, 2012
pingo: Aluu 4:0 Uniport First Half!

Uniport Lets go! we can do it! Target is 50. Show no mercy! but remember Militant but reasonable!
na basket ball?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) / DETAILS ON LASPOTECH HND FULLTIME, ND/HND PART-TIME 2016/2017 APPLICATION FORM / Am Having An Extra Year In School I Feel Like A Failure Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.