Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,216 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds (26301 Views)

Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) / Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) / OAU Students Protest Non-Payment Of Workers' Salaries (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 09, 2012
hardbody: I should not be commenting on this, but heck. Way back in the times, when the community around Unical agressed one of our students, all the occupants of Goldie street and environs lost one thing or other including loved ones. It took the intervention of the then state governor that came to plead before we stopped the rampage and even at that, students boycotted that area meaning low or no patronage for their businesses. It's sad these Uniport guys are not well guided, by now Aluu community would have lost at least 8 lives and still counting. You match illegality with illegality, while the higher authorities keep suing for peace. You dont kill a potential graduate and not pay with bloooood, it never would have happened in malabor, NEVER.

Great Malabite! You are referring to the Obufa Esuk crisis. That community has never been the same again after the rampage.
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by galaxi(m): 8:39pm On Oct 09, 2012
Blood 4 blood...this same thing happened during my undergraduate days @abia state uni. Uturu '09.A native of d community that belonged 2 vickins was shot dead by unknown gun men &afta few days d villagers attacked us unexpectedly,we all ran into the bush for safety.2guys were unlucky &were caught and the villager burnt them alive....the most annoying part was that police van was a pole away from the scene.The villagers claimed they were caught with gun and were cultist!! After few months i was opporturned 2 be with the youth leader &i raised the issue because one of the guys was my friends but the guy told me they were innocent but just unlucky! Till date investigation is still on!! Student should revenge... (R.i.pMega)
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by mekaboy(m): 8:49pm On Oct 09, 2012
IF THE UNIPORT STUDENTS DONT SHOW US THE HEAD OF THE COMMUNITY CHEIF OR LEADER. ROLLING ON THE FLOOR AWAY FROM HIS BODY THEN THE PROTEST IS A WASTE.

I WANT TO SEE HIS HEAD ON THE FLOOR LIKE GHADAFI
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by desthan(m): 8:52pm On Oct 09, 2012
Dr. Wise:

Great Malabite! You are referring to the Obufa Esuk crisis. That community has never been the same again after the rampage.

Able Malabite. . . . i can't forget that day Malabor forever. . . that village was wiped out completely off the campus. This kids these days, wearing earing everywhere have lost it completely.
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by mactoni91(m): 9:03pm On Oct 09, 2012
[b][/b]ikwerre people are naturally wicked...
If u've stayed in Portharcourt u'ld knw wat i mean...
Protests continues 2mao...
We go block choba road just like we did 2day

2 Likes

Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by vanirichy: 9:03pm On Oct 09, 2012
only one was killed in Esku...the skul couldn't withstand the anger of the students...imagine if it was four?injury to one is injury to all dat's d spirit of studenthood....aluta aluta aluta
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by mactoni91(m): 9:08pm On Oct 09, 2012
size38: No more violence. Peaceful protest abeg. because if goes violence, more casaulties will be recorded because there thousands of uniport students living in Aluu communities.
our students ve all vacated...
Burning continues 2mao...
If Ajeinka like, make im close sch...
If we dnt protest, Ikwerre top men wuld close dis matter with money...
Ajeinka self see sontin 2day coz im recieve purewater frm angry students
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by seechris(m): 9:18pm On Oct 09, 2012
Hmmmm see boasting o
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by seechris(m): 9:22pm On Oct 09, 2012
I doubt that you guys will see students to continue your riot tmr parents would have recalled their loved ones to report home alive in Nigeria there's none to sacrifice, the deed has been done, all efforts should be made to make the culprits pay.
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by DDon11: 9:44pm On Oct 09, 2012
My people stop wasting your time watching that video or the picture. You will agree with me that the more u watch that video or the picture, the more u don'nt become normal.
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by dabrake(m): 9:55pm On Oct 09, 2012
Captwahala: Now I see why companies recruit foreign graduates ahead of Nigeria-trained graduates. Since I returned to this country, I have always struggle to analyse the thinking of the average Nigerian graduate I come across in the corporate world.
The big issue is the barbaric mentality.
The same mentality that makes a man pummel four young students to death with wooden planks and then douse them in fuel and set them alight?
The same barbaric mentality that makes a crowd of onlookers watch the above and not intervene
The same barbaric mentality that makes young men believe they have to join secret cults instead of engaging in intellectual research and development
The same barbaric mentality that the average nigerian student displays in the name of "Aluta", instead of displaying a higher intellect than the average
The same barbaric mentality that the average nairalander is displaying on this thread based on 95% of the responses above.
The same barbaric mentality that exhibited on most nairaland threads were supposedly educated people cannot have a discussion without displaying illiterate traits such as name calling, religious and ethnic bigotry, etc

So let's analyse a scenario:
We have a hypothetical Uniport student called Victor. Victor has just watched the video of the killings on his phone and is enraged as you and I are.
So we are saying Victor should leave his dormitory and proceed to Aluu?
When he gets to Aluu who in particular is he supposed to attack (Those chaps on the video are definitely going to be in hiding)?
Let's assume Victor decides to "teach the community a lesson as whole" by destroying random property or hurting random people, how is he different from chap with the big stick?
What exactly is the intellectual reasoning behind the protests?
I thought building a tetiary institution in a community is supposed to increase the intellectual level of the community
Why not address the fundamental issues:
1. Failure of the security system: Indigenes and Uniport students resident in Aluu, including one of the deceased, have complained about the lack of security in that area.
2. The activities of secret cults in Nigerian universities which contributed to the above, among other social ills
3. Failure of the Judicial system: That allows criminals to walk free. That leads to Nigerians taking the law into their own hands. majority of us are ignorant, lynchings have been the norm in Nigeria for over 20 years.
Foreign graduates??
erm, is it not the same UK where there was a massive protest/looting/'vandaliation' after the killing of a young chap by a police man?
Trying so hard to prove that foreigners are better than whites. I shouldn't reply you anymore.

1 Like

Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by kelvincoll(m): 10:05pm On Oct 09, 2012
kody-licky:
aluu should be exchanged for bakassi...
on a serious note they shld keep d protest peaceful
we dont want more blood..

grin grin grin....On Point dear, trade the Oil peninsula bakassi for Aluu Babarians am such dey would come in handle in cameroun
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by mactoni91(m): 10:10pm On Oct 09, 2012
seechris: I doubt that you guys will see students to continue your riot tmr parents would have recalled their loved ones to report home alive in Nigeria there's none to sacrifice, the deed has been done, all efforts should be made to make the culprits pay.
till 2mao sha...
Tho rumours goin round sch dat SSS wuld storm 2nyt...
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by Deegirl619: 10:13pm On Oct 09, 2012
summer G: still jungle justice...
is this the devil dat was hitting the late guys with dat big stick? He should be thrown into jailed and d key thrown into the ocean, idiot man..... angry embarassed

1 Like

Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 09, 2012
Oh dis is painful

Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by aryzgreat: 10:30pm On Oct 09, 2012
D Don1: My people stop wasting your time watching that video or the picture. You will agree with me that the more u watch that video or the picture, the more u don'nt become normal.

WORD!
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 09, 2012
dabrake:
the thing sef dey obvious. you go be violent person.

Am a mix breed of Ijaw/Kalabari... Am not violent but the way those guys were killed?, something needs to be done!
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by malele(m): 11:18pm On Oct 09, 2012
They are protesting,instead of shooting everybody in that village, nawah ooo. That's what u get when u have so much beautiful girls in a school
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by Beync(f): 12:16am On Oct 10, 2012
Imanuelle:

Uniport doesn't have Man º°˚' war..
And i can confidently tell u as a a student unionist that the school ddnt want to interfere with the issue from the onset..
They said school security had no powers off-campus.
Hence, d task was left to d police... D clueless police.
We(sug) cudnt go against d skool. Our interim president was saving his head.
Uniport used to have manowar except they dissolved them of recent.
aside from manowar, every institution hav publics they relates with. where is the liaison office between uniport and her host communities? every school should have public relation officer, distress call units, or even the school security numbers where students can directly call in the case of emergency. it's not fair that even in the face of danger, students would have to wait for the police to come before they can go and rescue their students from angry mobs while the school security or manowar sidon dey look inside school premises.
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by Nobody: 1:34am On Oct 10, 2012
onyxo76: i remember being a student during july 10 1999 killings at oau,men it wasn't funny that terrible night when africa was gunned down.

The Cult guys that got killed by students after the Africa killing were plenty. Some left OAU voluntarily.
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by Nobody: 5:19am On Oct 10, 2012
desthan:

Able Malabite. . . . i can't forget that day Malabor forever. . . that village was wiped out completely off the campus. This kids these days, wearing earing everywhere have lost it completely.

Reasonable action! Obufa Esuk decided to behead a Unical student to bury their late king and within 24 hours it was levelled. I trust my Malabites and Malabresses.
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by Nobody: 5:58am On Oct 10, 2012
12 hauses burnt in aluu,channels news,students pls easy oooooo
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by 2sexy(m): 6:28am On Oct 10, 2012
Let them do whatever it takes to leave a last message in the rotten heart of thosae animals and carnibals
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by Beync(f): 8:13am On Oct 10, 2012
they should jus get the culptightst to book
not shed innocent bloods anymore
if you know aluu very well, most of the students lodges
are own by non indigines who go about their normal businesses
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 10, 2012
Imanuelle: D struggle continues...

1st half indeed!!! Please update us the scores, I'm betting now, Ph go win for sure
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by onyxo76(m): 9:17am On Oct 10, 2012
verticaima:

The Cult guys that got killed by students after the Africa killing were plenty. Some left OAU voluntarily.
that case got the vc to resign.that day was a nightmare.
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by jeffcom(m): 10:26am On Oct 10, 2012
Let the massacre begin! No mercy for Aluu community! Its so damn obvious that the community leader knows about the gruesome act, because for the 4 boys to have been paraded round the village before the final judgment, there must have been a meeting previously held on issues like that! The story reminds me of how they paraded Jesus christ b4 nailing him to the cross.

Even heard the villagers overpowered the community policemen?! How come Could this be true? If its true, then the DPO should also be brought to book!

CONCLUSION: I think the whole village should just be levelled up. [color=#990000][/color]

Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by jeffcom(m): 10:55am On Oct 10, 2012
Captwahala: Now I see why companies recruit foreign graduates ahead of Nigeria-trained graduates. Since I returned to this country, I have always struggle to analyse the thinking of the average Nigerian graduate I come across in the corporate world.
The big issue is the barbaric mentality.
The same mentality that makes a man pummel four young students to death with wooden planks and then douse them in fuel and set them alight?
The same barbaric mentality that makes a crowd of onlookers watch the above and not intervene
The same barbaric mentality that makes young men believe they have to join secret cults instead of engaging in intellectual research and development
The same barbaric mentality that the average nigerian student displays in the name of "Aluta", instead of displaying a higher intellect than the average
The same barbaric mentality that the average nairalander is displaying on this thread based on 95% of the responses above.
The same barbaric mentality that exhibited on most nairaland threads were supposedly educated people cannot have a discussion without displaying illiterate traits such as name calling, religious and ethnic bigotry, etc

So let's analyse a scenario:
We have a hypothetical Uniport student called Victor. Victor has just watched the video of the killings on his phone and is enraged as you and I are.
So we are saying Victor should leave his dormitory and proceed to Aluu?
When he gets to Aluu who in particular is he supposed to attack (Those chaps on the video are definitely going to be in hiding)?
Let's assume Victor decides to "teach the community a lesson as whole" by destroying random property or hurting random people, how is he different from chap with the big stick?
What exactly is the intellectual reasoning behind the protests?
I thought building a tetiary institution in a community is supposed to increase the intellectual level of the community
Why not address the fundamental issues:
1. Failure of the security system: Indigenes and Uniport students resident in Aluu, including one of the deceased, have complained about the lack of security in that area.
2. The activities of secret cults in Nigerian universities which contributed to the above, among other social ills
3. Failure of the Judicial system: That allows criminals to walk free. That leads to Nigerians taking the law into their own hands. majority of us are ignorant, lynchings have been the norm in Nigeria for over 20 years.

Just shuuuush your mouth and face whatever you are in naija for! You don't know jack about Naija! I can't blame you, cos you have the opportunity to go abroad and study... Then your mouth can run like tap! So are you telling me that the naija graduates the so called stupid foreign companies didn't employ won't be successful? I know you are probably licking asses in the company you are! The foreign companies come, till our land, take our money away, put som1 like you there inside one aircon and make you feel like you are the head while they transfer billions to their country! Thatz why people like you can fight for your right or the right of others!
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by jeffcom(m): 11:00am On Oct 10, 2012
Adary: 12 hauses burnt in aluu,channels news,students pls easy oooooo

Am not satisfied yet!

Need more souls of Aluu indigenes to exit this earth!

ALUTA CONTINUA, VICTORIA ASCERTA!
Re: Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds by e9teen(m): 4:03pm On Oct 10, 2012
Indeed Williams Shakespeare said it right when he noted in 1 of his books that 'hell is empty,all the devils are here on earth'
My early years in Lagos were filled with such gory sights of pple resorting to cruel jungle justice to serve as precedent to conflict resolution,including that of a 12yr old dragged on the streets of Ojota and later set ablaze. Haven clocked 52 nd such is still d order of d day with people filled with hatred for neighbours,am afraid Nigeria is but a failed Nation.
Watching the video of the slained Aluu 4 has filled me with so much sorrow that word will fail me to express,in my heart rest an unimaginable sorrow.If i feel dis way,wat abt dose closest to dem?i jst pray d good lord grants them the comfort to bear such loss.
Injury to 1 is Injury to all! We must all stand tall and see this as an avenue for public protest over the insecurity situation all over the country.
RIP Aluu 4.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies / Nathaniel Olayinka, FUNAAB Student Kidnapped! Students Protest (pictures) / UNILAG POST UTME 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.