Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Should I Run Away With Him ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Run Away With Him ? (2605 Views)

10 Strict Behaviours Ladies Display That Makes Their Future Husbands Run Away / She Broke All His Breakables And Parted Away With 50 Liters Of Fuel (pics) / Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Run Away With Him ? by mataz(f): 4:48pm On Oct 09, 2012
My dad dose not want me and my man to get married I love him and can't imagine my life without him so he says we must run away. He says we will live happily ever after in nigeria. And what happens to me when he dose not love me any more to top it up my dad says Nigerians eat people I know that is not true. O. Some body help
Re: Should I Run Away With Him ? by k2039: 4:54pm On Oct 09, 2012
I know you know the best option for you is not to run away,you already wrote that in your post(what if he doesnt love you again).

You have two options left.
Persuade you dad to allow you marry him.
If he doesnt give in,then you have no other choice than to stick to your dad's advise.

That you cant imagine your life with him is a big lie from the pit of hell,never forget you were born without him,their are thousand more like him and millions who are better than him.
Re: Should I Run Away With Him ? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 09, 2012
why is your father against the relationship?
Re: Should I Run Away With Him ? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 09, 2012
I would advise you to listen to your father (except the eating people part undecided). He is trying to protect you from making a mistake. Ponder over this a bit, then take the advice you have given others:
Try throwing away all the thing tat remind u of the past get a new hobby go shopping .cut ur hair try things u have never tried before and remember that yesterday is history and tomorrow a mistry and to day a gift that is why the
y call it present
And the only way to move forward is by letting go of the passed
Re: Should I Run Away With Him ? by Fasterboy: 5:11pm On Oct 09, 2012
k2039: I know you know the best option for you is not to run away,you already wrote that in your post(what if he doesnt love you again).

You have two options left.
Persuade you dad to allow you marry him.
If he doesnt give in,then you have no other choice than to stick to your dad's advise.

That you cant imagine your life with him is a big lie from the pit of hell,never forget you were born without him,their are thousand more like him and millions who are better than him.
*reachs 4 a handshake* U gat it 10% beyond average. @Op, shine ur eye! Not all dat glitter are gold.
Re: Should I Run Away With Him ? by UjSizzle(f): 5:15pm On Oct 09, 2012
you already got an answer. Disobeying ur dad is of no use to you.
Re: Should I Run Away With Him ? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 09, 2012
mataz: My dad dose not want me and my man to get married I love him and can't imagine my life without him so he says we must run away. He says we will live happily ever after in nigeria. And what happens to me when he dose not love me any more to top it up my dad says Nigerians eat people I know that is not true. O. Some body help
now that's funny grin grin grin

if your Dad doesn't give his blessing for the marriage, do not go ahead. You need to work more on your Dad to accept the choice of man you've made. Use all means and if he's still hardened, quit the relationship and move on

Cheers
Re: Should I Run Away With Him ? by Riskyman(m): 5:22pm On Oct 09, 2012
From what I understand, you are not a Nigerian but you are in love with a Nigerian. That said, you father doesn't know a thing about Nigeria (eating people?), he knows better then that.

Sweety, please don't run away with this young man.. Now ask yourself these question, what if at the end of the day, the whole thing didn't work as planned and you need somewhere to run to.. Where will that be??

Just try to make your father understand how you feel about this guy and let him see reasons that you guys are meant for each other.

My 2cents
Re: Should I Run Away With Him ? by mataz(f): 5:30pm On Oct 09, 2012
@k2039: my father dose not Evan want his lobola he says he is not good for me and I am just not sure that he will be the same person that he is now @flowerpower what is he protecting me from I have known him for 6 years he calls his parents from time to time and they call but he still treats me like I'm a1 year old @joey he says I am to young and marriage is. Not childz play
Re: Should I Run Away With Him ? by UjSizzle(f): 5:39pm On Oct 09, 2012
He's right. Marriage isn't child's play and there's a lot more to consider than just love. Right now it seems you're just thinking with your emotions and nothing else.
Re: Should I Run Away With Him ? by mataz(f): 5:42pm On Oct 09, 2012
What if I listen to my dad and stay lonely forever
Re: Should I Run Away With Him ? by ATMC(f): 5:48pm On Oct 09, 2012
Family is very important...god knows y he gave u dt ur family, stick with them, dt guy does not respect dt fact and dt's y u should leave him for now. He should impress ur dad to trust him with his daughter dt's u. If he's not able to then he's not qualified to have u case closed...live ur life independent of 'love' by this i mean attachment to a guy as if without him u go into extinct
Re: Should I Run Away With Him ? by mataz(f): 5:49pm On Oct 09, 2012
@ u j sizzle : it feels soooooooooo right
Re: Should I Run Away With Him ? by ATMC(f): 5:52pm On Oct 09, 2012
mataz: What if I listen to my dad and stay lonely forever
it wont happen...if u listen to ur dad, maybe with time he'll change his mind but if he doesn't then try and move on, upgrade urself and live a fulfilled life. Its better to stay lonely and fulfilled than to be hooked and frustrated!
Re: Should I Run Away With Him ? by Mynd44: 5:52pm On Oct 09, 2012
For your dad to be that ignorant, there must be a lot of shyt he knows noting of. My opinion, dont run away. You can continue to date while your dad gets to know the young man better
Re: Should I Run Away With Him ? by ATMC(f): 5:53pm On Oct 09, 2012
mataz: @ u j sizzle : it feels soooooooooo right
shakes my head in disappointment
Re: Should I Run Away With Him ? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 09, 2012
[size=18pt]What are you waiting for? Run away! Make haste before your dad decides to eat you himself! Imbe![/size]
Re: Should I Run Away With Him ? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 09, 2012
since he says you're too young and not ready, you gotta heed to his advice cos he knows you better than you know yourself. On this aspect, he doesn't want you to get hurt and loves you so much to see you heart broken after eloping. you have to trust him and wait for the right time.
Re: Should I Run Away With Him ? by mataz(f): 7:46pm On Oct 09, 2012
Or I should get pregnant. He will have no choice. But to let us get married. Cause I am shanani a small tribe in south africa and if u get pregnant. However got u pregnant must marry u cause no one else will marry u if u have kids out of wedlock
Re: Should I Run Away With Him ? by ATMC(f): 7:52pm On Oct 09, 2012
Dt will be risky i think but please urself afterall u r of age grin
Re: Should I Run Away With Him ? by Nnekacherry: 8:18pm On Oct 09, 2012
mataz: What if I listen to my dad and stay lonely forever

Lol.. Now this is funny...
Do you realy believe that?
Re: Should I Run Away With Him ? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:22pm On Oct 09, 2012
Ur dad is a person and u a Retardddd.Mstew!!
Re: Should I Run Away With Him ? by abiL(f): 8:29pm On Oct 09, 2012
Did anyone else see the part where she said that Nigerians eat people?!?!!!

That's funny and stupi[d] at the same time.
Re: Should I Run Away With Him ? by Riskyman(m): 8:29pm On Oct 09, 2012
ATMC: Dt will be risky i think but please urself afterall u r of age grin

Did someone just called my name? **look left and right**, okey not me..
Re: Should I Run Away With Him ? by kalvin1: 8:37pm On Oct 09, 2012
Get pregnant for him..ur dad will be left without option
Re: Should I Run Away With Him ? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 09, 2012
@Mataz
If I may ask, how old are you and how old is your boyfriend?
Re: Should I Run Away With Him ? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 09, 2012
mataz: My dad dose not want me and my man to get married I love him and can't imagine my life without him so he says we must run away. He says we will live happily ever after in nigeria. And what happens to me when he dose not love me any more to top it up my dad says Nigerians eat people I know that is not true. O. Some body help

First of all, I don't think this is true. You're just seeking attention. But I'll play along, perhaps someone kinda like in a similar situation will stumble upon my humble advise.

Your own state of mind, conviction and expectations play a huge role in whatever the future may have. State of mind because predicting that a time will come "when he does not love" you only affirms your pessimistic outlook for the future, which affects how you judge certain events in the present. Conviction because there's always an inner voice wey no dey shout at aaall, and the odds favor you'll hear it if you make the time to listen to it and honestly admit its message. Expectations because you must undertake a cost-benefit analysis of your next move, if the cost of leaving your family behind and taking the risk of being eaten up in Nigeria(a rather ridiculous superstition) does not outweigh the benefit of following your true love and taking a [long] shot at "happily ever after," then I guess the better decision would be obvious to the blind too.

That said, and away from the matter at hand, I still detest your insolence. If you're too arrogant to tender your apologies first, I fear that that poor Nigerian dude, if he exists, may be in for one hell of a ride.
Re: Should I Run Away With Him ? by 190: 8:54pm On Oct 09, 2012
OP what ever you do when running DONT LOOK BACK

Remember what happened to Lot's wife in sodom and Gomorrah angry angry
Re: Should I Run Away With Him ? by ATMC(f): 9:02pm On Oct 09, 2012
^lol now this thread has turned to a joke
Re: Should I Run Away With Him ? by ATMC(f): 9:04pm On Oct 09, 2012
Risky_man:

Did someone just called my name? **look left and right**, okey not me..
Psheeew!
Re: Should I Run Away With Him ? by 190: 9:06pm On Oct 09, 2012
ATMC: ^lol now this thread has turned to a joke

angry angry
Re: Should I Run Away With Him ? by DExplorer1: 9:19pm On Oct 09, 2012
Mataz, i think your dad don't like Nigerians and if any weeny part of him does, he won't trust any Nigerian enough to entrust his daughter into his care. Now, that's the reason for his excuses. With NO apology, for him to say "Nigerians 'eat' people" is LAME and got not substance. Hence, i would rather advise you to critically analyse your opinions before you make a standing decision. Consider the tangible and the intangible. Your family is sure and have been around you for years, your man is sure for now but without the knowledge of what the future holds for both of you. Go in your closet and think aright, and also be strong to bear whatsoever consequence(s) of your decision. Be blessed

(1) (2) (Reply)

.. / Unbelievable Trees That Have Butts.(butts) / Guys..this How You Know A Girl Like You And She Want To Be With You Forever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.