Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,665 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Should A Christian Commit Suicide In Order To Be Closer To God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should A Christian Commit Suicide In Order To Be Closer To God? (1549 Views)

How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? / How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Should A Christian Commit Suicide In Order To Be Closer To God? by exu(m): 12:41pm On Apr 16, 2006
I know personally that if I loved someone I would do anything in order to be with them.

So, should Christians kill themselves so as to reap the rewards of their faithfulness a little earlier than expected?

After all, an eternity with the Almighty God is what you guys want, right?
Re: Should A Christian Commit Suicide In Order To Be Closer To God? by jagunlabi(m): 3:42pm On Apr 16, 2006
Trying to reach the maker through suicide is like trying to enter the US without visa,you will get deported instantly.
Re: Should A Christian Commit Suicide In Order To Be Closer To God? by Ciaralover(f): 9:16pm On Apr 16, 2006
only God can take away life!!!!!
Re: Should A Christian Commit Suicide In Order To Be Closer To God? by TYPOP(m): 6:56pm On May 06, 2006
Thou shalt not kill.

It includes you must not kill yourself so don't kill yourself and say you love God. You will be a sinner if you do.
Re: Should A Christian Commit Suicide In Order To Be Closer To God? by babymine(f): 10:11am On May 08, 2006
shocked Of course not!
Re: Should A Christian Commit Suicide In Order To Be Closer To God? by DaHitler(m): 5:36pm On May 08, 2006
<<snip>> Commit suicide if you want.
Re: Should A Christian Commit Suicide In Order To Be Closer To God? by 2cantango(f): 5:40pm On May 08, 2006
angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Should A Christian Commit Suicide In Order To Be Closer To God? by DaHitler(m): 5:43pm On May 08, 2006
2cantango, I am sorry I offended you. I wish I had a little something to give you for the pain. Owell, at least you have the God of the imperialist English to comfort you. Hope Jesus Christ makes it all better for you.
Re: Should A Christian Commit Suicide In Order To Be Closer To God? by 2cantango(f): 5:45pm On May 08, 2006
And may God forgive you. . .
Re: Should A Christian Commit Suicide In Order To Be Closer To God? by DaHitler(m): 5:51pm On May 08, 2006
No thank you. I do not want God's forgiveness.

Tell me, what are your thoughts on the traditional Gods?

Are you Yoruba? If so, isn't Oludumare good enough for you?

Ofcourse not, it is only good enough to follow if it brought along by invaders (see: Chrisitianity and Islam)

Every Nigerian that is not a traditional believer, an Athiest, or an Agnostic is a sell-out.

Sell-out pigs should be shot to stop the filthy beast from spreading the madness.

With that said, Bleep your God.
Re: Should A Christian Commit Suicide In Order To Be Closer To God? by 2cantango(f): 5:54pm On May 08, 2006
You can keep your mouth closed and refrain from spewing out your unwanted comments to me in future, thank you.

PS. You are in my prayers cool
Re: Should A Christian Commit Suicide In Order To Be Closer To God? by ono(m): 6:10pm On May 08, 2006
Goodness!! Who's this Afeni? from outer space or where?
Re: Should A Christian Commit Suicide In Order To Be Closer To God? by DaHitler(m): 6:22pm On May 08, 2006
No, I am not from outer space. I just know enough about history to see religion for what it is. It is sad that my fellow Nigerians are much too ignorant to realize that they are worshipping the Gods of foreigners.
Re: Should A Christian Commit Suicide In Order To Be Closer To God? by Seun(m): 8:26pm On May 08, 2006
Why don't you start your own thread to discuss the issue instead of insulting others?

(1)

How To Be A Catholic Monk? / Who Is Pastor Olutanmole: Bla Bla Bla / Death Of Pastors Rampant Because Of Sin - Babarinde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.