Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,481 members, 7,816,135 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice (5311 Views)

Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) / How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? / "666" Encrusted On My Blender: Should I Be Worried About This? (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 15, 2015
I have backsiided drastically frm serving God,infact I don't feel excited going to church anymore,eversince our church was demolished by the government,not that dere are not good churches around our neigbourhood,bt I dnt feel the need going to anychurch again instead I stay at home watching movies frm sundays to sundays,well my parents have talked and rebuked me effortlessly, yet I won't change.I don't knw the devil using me oooo,I need prayers asap and suggestions.tanks
Re: How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice by elantraceey(f): 11:39am On Mar 15, 2015
You don't need prayers , you need his word .

Only consistent study and meditation of his word can get you close to him .

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 15, 2015
Why don't you read your bible. It helps

1 Like

Re: How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice by twosquare(m): 11:49am On Mar 15, 2015
onomeglo:
I have backsiided drastically frm serving God,infact I don't feel excited going to church anymore,eversince our church was demolished by the government,not that dere are not good churches around our neigbourhood,bt I dnt feel the need going to anychurch again instead I stay at home watching movies frm sundays to sundays,well my parents have talked and rebuked me effortlessly, yet I won't change.I don't knw the devil using me oooo,I need prayers asap and suggestions.tanks
so, no Christian TV channel to tune to where you can listen to the raw word?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 15, 2015
twosquare:
so, no Christian TV channel to tune to where you can listen to the raw word?
there is,buh................ Am not talking abt tv sermon pls
Re: How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice by kudoxs(m): 12:09pm On Mar 15, 2015
The surest and fastest way to get closer to God is by jumping in the ocean.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice by Jeromejnr(m): 12:38pm On Mar 15, 2015
Stop spending time with the world and its perverse lifestyle and spend time in the word and prayer.

It might seem very dry at first but with constant diligence by putting the desires of your flesh under, God will reward you with His awesome presence. Then you will find out His presence is way better than the pleasures of this world.

P.S. Don't let the devil rob you of all God has for you. Many have already sold themselves to d devil without knowing.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice by twosquare(m): 12:38pm On Mar 15, 2015
onomeglo:
funny u, am secretly passing a message across to you. Rather than watch movie all through which can't add value to your life, why not listen to preachings on that same TV cable. Then, we can start from there either you want to move closer to him or not. A little here, a little there counts. There is no formula to achieve spirituality than to yield to the Holy Spirit and cast off the work of the flesh. Same also, being churchy doesn't mean you will move closer to Him; same as being at home. That decision is on you. Do you really want to know Him? Or you just feel like the normal routine of visiting a building where voices renders hymns.

*Being spiritual entails girding your mantle, pick up the sword and get ready for war.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice by Proximo73: 12:48pm On Mar 15, 2015
onomeglo:
no devil is using you.
it is good to seek freedom.
it depend on you
it depend on what you know in the bible.
may be you have read bible and understand certain truth and how to abstain from every form of sin or you keep the commandments, and you want to be free from religious activities or church going.
i think you are in your best form in Christianity.
You are far better than those who go to church
there is no point going to church again since you already know.
You are already closer to God like this.
And you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.
so, you are free
congratulation!
But incase you have not come to this point of knowledge you can still be going so that you will learn or better still, pick your bible and read for yourself if you know how to read and write, it will save you the stress of going to church
knowledge is better than staying at home knowing nothing in the Bible.
Re: How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice by Vision4God: 1:54pm On Mar 15, 2015
Personal decision and determination is d first gear. Mk sure u read @list a chpter of d bible evryday. Pray no matter how little or smal.
Re: How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice by Hope6289(f): 2:15pm On Mar 15, 2015
First of all, pray about it sincerely, tell God how u feel distant from Him, ask for forgiveness and help.

Start attending church, not only sundays bt weekly activities esp bible study.

Join a unit so dat there r ppl lookin out for u, it is isolated Christians dat miss out on God and make Christian friends.

You want to draw bk to God, if u didn't, u won't be bothered and post this. Your spirit wants God back, obey your spirit. pls do it now, so that it won't be a matter of 'had i known'. May God increase in you the desire and strength to do His will (Philippians2:13, Hebrews 3:13)
Re: How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice by Abbamizy(m): 12:00pm On Mar 16, 2015
onomeglo:
shey u av a bible.... Read it... If u dnt av a bible... buy or download 1.... And read ..... And ask God to show you the way...... Try listening to your parents also......
Re: How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 16, 2015
Abbamizy:
shey u av a bible.... Read it... If u dnt av a bible... buy or download 1.... And read ..... And ask God to show you the way...... Try listening to your parents also......
lolz if na bible,we av it in abundant,hmmm am talking abt d lack of zeal or spirit of not going to church
Re: How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice by Abbamizy(m): 12:49pm On Mar 16, 2015
onomeglo:
lolz if na bible,we av it in abundant,hmmm am talking abt d lack of zeal or spirit of not going to church
what do you enjoy most in church
Re: How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice by emmyskies(m): 3:39pm On Mar 16, 2015
1. First thing first, always set you mindset to -"I WANT TO SERVE GOD IN TRUTH AND IN SPIRIT". This should be your drive to spur you.

2. You need salvation

3. The kind of church you attend matters as much as the food you eat. Choose a good church that will help build your faith and salvation, that will lead you through the way of holiness to heaven

4. Fast every week and pray always

5. You need to be discipline and lay all at the foot of the master- JESUS CHRIST. He knows you more than how you know yourself. He knows your challenges and how to lead you home. Surrender all to Him and walk with Him

Heaven is the goal of every christian. Strive to be there.
GOD BLESS YOU

1 Like

Re: How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice by Proximo73: 12:12pm On Mar 23, 2015
onomeglo:
you cannot be closer to God by going to church, in the first place, no church in Nigeria is good, they are all the same.
read your bible for yourself
Re: How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 23, 2015
Proximo73:

you cannot be closer to God by going to church, in the first place, no church in Nigeria is good, they are all the same.
read your bible for yourself
pardon me,u must be an Atheist
Re: How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice by Hiswordxray(m): 7:02pm On Mar 23, 2015
onomeglo:
Christ had set you free. You are not a slave to your emotions, feelings or the devil. You have the power to make yourself feel what you want to feel. Stop being subject to feelings. If you want to get closer to God then go ahead, you are free and nothing have the power to hold you back.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice by alolatee(m): 8:32pm On Mar 23, 2015
onomeglo:

My Brother, i was in ur shoes some years back when certain things made me loose interest in church and i started comparing myself with other non-believers-people i was better than spiritually.When i started to go to church again, i lost interest in everything and the church became so boring to me.Now i know better it was the devil waiting to see me in hell.I would advise u to surrender your all to Christ as Lord and Saviour and obey your parents by going to a bible believing church.Do this i pray thee and obey the bible injuction warning us not to forget the assembly of brethren as it is the manner of some is-Hebres10vs25.Don't allow the devil to cheat you, the advantages of going to church far outweighs staying at home watching movies or listening to Tv preachers.Take a step away from backsliding and you are victorious once again
Re: How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice by Nobody: 12:02am On Mar 24, 2015
CC: benodic

@OP - When I joined MFM 13 years ago, I was burning & yearning to get closer to their god. I even joined a prayer group, I was filled with what they call the spirit, I got closer, I even became the word, then along the line, I discovered that Christianity was built on lies and immorality. I started seeing things as they were. Hypocrisy, Lies, Illusion, Immorality, Gossips, Covetousness, Stealing, Preferential Treatments e.t.c in the Holy house of their god.

I knew there is more to this Universe & the kingdom of Heaven than all the craps being fed to the congregation in the Christiandom and I was ready to go the extra mile.

There's nothing holy or sacred about the church. The decadence has so eaten deep into all of them that Pastors, G.O's, and Mummy G.O's see it as an avenue to quick wealth. Little wonder, most of them keep jumping from 1 confusion to the other.

Then I realized that this Universe is filled & directed by a supernatural intelligence known as the Cosmic Life Energy/Force.

You only need to raise your vibrations and attune your soul to this Intelligent Force through Spiritual Exercises and you will experience bliss & miracles.

In conclusion; they will always try to bind you to their lies in order to continue milking you by telling you u've backslided, and that the devil is responsible, but when your soul is ready to unfold or awaken, no amount of lies can hold it back.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice by Proximo73: 6:14am On Mar 24, 2015
onomeglo:
pardon me,u must be an Atheist
if i was atheist i wont advice you to read bible,
Christianity is not church going, those who go to church and those who don't go are still the same christians, saved people.
Re: How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice by Proximo73: 6:54am On Mar 24, 2015
Zoharariel:
CC: benodic

@OP - When I joined MFM 13 years ago, I was burning & yearning to get closer to their god. I even joined a prayer group, I was filled with what they call the spirit, I got closer, I even became the word, then along the line, I discovered that Christianity was built on lies and immorality. I started seeing things as they were. Hypocrisy, Lies, Illusion, Immorality, Gossips, Covetousness, Stealing, Preferential Treatments e.t.c in the Holy house of their god.

I knew there is more to this Universe & the kingdom of Heaven than all the craps being fed to the congregation in the Christiandom and I was ready to go the extra mile.

There's nothing holy or sacred about the church. The decadence has so eaten deep into all of them that Pastors, G.O's, and Mummy G.O's see it as an avenue to quick wealth. Little wonder, most of them keep jumping from 1 confusion to the other.

Then I realized that this Universe is filled & directed by a supernatural intelligence known as the Cosmic Life Energy/Force.

You only need to raise your vibrations and attune your soul to this Intelligent Force through Spiritual Exercises and you will experience bliss & miracles.

In conclusion; they will always try to bind you to their lies in order to continue milking you by telling you u've backslided, and that the devil is responsible, but when your soul is ready to unfold or awaken, no amount of lies can hold it back.

it is true that churches are exploiting members, but that is not enough reason to abandon Christianity (Jesus Christ ) and resolve to cosmic dead floating objects and bodies..
You have life in you and far better than dead objects, what are you looking for?
Re: How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice by davien(m): 7:02am On Mar 24, 2015
Proximo73:

it is true that churches are exploiting members, but that is not enough reason to abandon Christianity (Jesus Christ ) and resolve to cosmic dead floating objects and bodies..
You have life in you and far better than dead objects, what are you looking for?
What would justify leaving Christianity? and If I presented you with it would you leave?
Re: How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice by Proximo73: 7:14am On Mar 24, 2015
alolatee:

My Brother, i was in ur shoes some years back when certain things made me loose interest in church and i started comparing myself with other non-believers-people i was better than spiritually.When i started to go to church again, i lost interest in everything and the church became so boring to me.Now i know better it was the devil waiting to see me in hell.I would advise u to surrender your all to Christ as Lord and Saviour and obey your parents by going to a bible believing church.Do this i pray thee and obey the bible injuction warning us not to forget the assembly of brethren as it is the manner of some is-Hebres10vs25.Don't allow the devil to cheat you, the advantages of going to church far outweighs staying at home watching movies or listening to Tv preachers.Take a step away from backsliding and you are victorious once again
wise christians don't go to church anymore so that they will not continue to be exploited by pastors,
if you forsake the gathering nothing will happen, Paul is not Jesus Christ.
Wise christians understand from the scriptures that they now have autonomy on their own through Christ.
Jesus says in
John 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem(church ), worship the Father.
He even said he has destroyed the temple(building ) and build his church (people ) in 3 days.
Therefore, THE CHURCH is not building but people.
so church building or place of worship is vanity.
Being a true worshipper is simply just being yourself and live your life knowing you are saved , cos your body is God's temple.
Nigerians are very fake people for going to church, they are trying to use church going cover for their corrupt minds by deception . 99% Nigerian population are truly corrupt people including me that i am talking if i must be sincere
@op, i will advice you, don't be like these hypocrites .
Re: How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 24, 2015
Proximo73:

Everything about Christianity, Children of Israel, Jesus & Yahweh are mind bogging...... fraud.

Now, let us examine some biblical bullshits together.

Yahweh was eating Fufu & Edikaikong when the serpent was wrecking havoc in Eden.

Yahweh couldn't figure out Abraham's faith until he carried out a senseless child-killing experiment.

Yahweh had to gamble with Satan just to ascertain Job's loyalty.

Yahweh knew Lucifer would rebel & yet he created him.

Yahweh loves his children [Christians] so dearly & yet he couldn't send Lucifer & his fallen angels to another Planet like Pluto or Saturn but earth.

I could go on & on but mio raye iranu laaro kutu-kutu Tuesday, so you can help yourself by going thru this thread below:

www.nairaland.com/2207187/prof-yemi-osibanjo-called-god#31880744

My friend, Yahwey is not just Omni-daft, but also Omni-deluded & crazy!
Re: How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice by Proximo73: 7:38am On Mar 24, 2015
davien:
What would justify leaving Christianity? and If I presented you with it would you leave?
To say i will leave Christianity, that means, what you are going to present will offer eternal life, But no other religion has ever been bold enough to say i will give you everlasting life.
where will they start, how will they do it?
tell me
Re: How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice by Proximo73: 8:02am On Mar 24, 2015
Zoharariel:

Everything about Christianity, Children of Israel, Jesus & Yahweh are mind bogging...... fraud.

Now, let us examine some biblical bullshits together.

Yahweh was eating Fufu & Edikaikong when the serpent was wrecking havoc in Eden.

Yahweh couldn't figure out Abraham's faith until he carried out a senseless child-killing experiment.

Yahweh had to gamble with Satan just to ascertain Job's loyalty.

Yahweh knew Lucifer would rebel & yet he created him.

Yahweh loves his children [Christians] so dearly & yet he couldn't send Lucifer & his fallen angels to another Planet like Pluto or Saturn but earth.

I could go on & on but mio raye iranu laaro kutu-kutu Tuesday, so you can help yourself by going thru this thread below:

www.nairaland.com/2207187/prof-yemi-osibanjo-called-god#31880744

My friend, Yahwey is not just Omni-daft, but also Omni-deluded & crazy!
If Yahweh had not allow all these things to happen how will mankind recognize that he exist? How will they see that he has power to do and undo?
How then will there be Christianity on earth?
I am very sure that Adam would have forgotten about him over the years if lucifer was thrown to Jupiter or saturn or pluto .
If you truly doubt his power over you, you will end Christianity.
Do you know how many atheists have tried to end Christianity (inspite all the rubbish practice in churches ) yet they could not succeed?
You don't have any hiding place,
Yahweh has establish his presence on earth in the form of Christianity (Jesus Christ )
You can't fight him.
This shows he has power over you

1 Like

Re: How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice by davien(m): 8:54am On Mar 24, 2015
Proximo73:

To say i will leave Christianity, that means, what you are going to present will offer eternal life, But no other religion has ever been bold enough to say i will give you everlasting life.
where will they start, how will they do it?
tell me
So you're afraid of your mortality? lol....your probably unfamiliar with other abrahamic religions and their "offers" of "everlasting life"....

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice by Proximo73: 12:30pm On Mar 24, 2015
davien:
So you're afraid of your mortality? lol....your probably unfamiliar with other abrahamic religions and their "offers" of "everlasting life"....
immortality is a gift from God, we accept it because it is better than mortality, not because we are afraid.
ok, To summarize some of their beliefs
Buddhism teaches that eternal life means, liberation from ignorance while you are alife here on earth,you will still die and go after the enlightenment .
Hinduism says it is after life at celestial worlds,
Islam says this life is a preparation for eternal life in another world.
Judaism is still waiting for the Christ to bring eternal life on earth.that means, they don't even have at all
But all these religions never promised resurrection of the dead as means of continuity, here on earth.Christianity is the only religion that is bold to say that
so, their eternal life is not eternal life in the real sense because it is not life on earth with real body and oxygen to breath , But on celesials and elsewhere, where there is no life.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice by Captainswag225(m): 3:01pm On Sep 06, 2015
onomeglo:
its never too late to start going to church again u know? Btw not going to church doesnt make one a devil! GOD loves us all remember?
Re: How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 06, 2015
Captainswag225:
its never too late to start going to church again u know? Btw not going to church doesnt make one a devil! GOD loves us all remember?
I knw is isn't too late but I'm not kinda interesting anymore
Re: How Can I Be Closer To God,christians In The House Pls Advice by Captainswag225(m): 3:04pm On Sep 06, 2015
onomeglo:
I knw is isn't too late but I'm not kinda interesting anymore
but u still believe in the trinity ryt?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atheist/irreligious Men Tell The Truth.... / How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? / Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.