Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service (17708 Views)

Standardgoldng E-currency Exchanger: Nairaland Customer Service. / Chrisvicmall Customer Service (Pay Your Supplier Within 24 to 72 working hours) / Nigerian Banks With Best Interest Rates& Least Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by easy(m): 4:30pm On Oct 11, 2012
a1solution: I thank God this Nairaland review nor mention my bank ‘KESTONE BANK’. That means its No.1

Keystone Bank is the worst bank I have ever bank with. Imagine deducting from my savings account every montn-end. When other banks are sending you alert that they have given you interest on your balance, Keystone will send you alert that some amount has been deducted from your saving account balance even when you have not make any withdrawal for the month. I have not operated the account now for sometimes and they keep on deducting at the end of every month.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Uchmonia(m): 5:48pm On Oct 11, 2012
All these complaints I tire. Am a banker, the point is customer service in Nigeria varies from the regions you are. Some branches are located in areas where the populace adapt to changes like web banking, but some locations the customers frown at even ATM banking. All banks are working on customer service seriously, some branches have good and dedicated staff why some dont. Some staff are bad in customer service ranging from bad attitude, poor salary(not all bankers are paid well), bad work tools etc.

Nigerians beleive in Bandwagon.. we want to go to that bank that every body is banking with, that you already know that its already over-crowded, so that people will see you while an Access or Skye OR IBTC bank opposite it in less than five minutes you are out of the place but you want guys or chics in town to know that you are in GTB, Zenith, First BANK. Banks like GTB does not pay their staff well cos they use 20% main staff & 80% contract... its expected that they will lackadasical in attitude. These days I see people lining up in front of First Bank ATMs in hot sun..cos they dont want to be charged =N=100 by another bank ATM opposite the First bank. There by spending hours there in hot sun.

Most of us making noise here if you go to ministries , hospitals they will delay you and also bad mouth you.. you still stay cos you dont have option.. why dont you come to NL and compare the worst hospitals, the worst ministry ?? Do you what it takes to be a customer service officer in Nigeria, most times as early as 8am you will interact with customers that ogogoro and cigarettes are oozing out from all angles. You will even see some customers with small balance but he expects you to treat him like the Guvnor of the State, some will even say I want to close my account so that they will begging them(most times I will laughing inside me). The worst is usually those that there Ogas/boyfriends have given a cheque to cash, they will just be making noise that you are wasting there time( most times they dont know the process of confirmation).

The real point is CUSTOMERS THAT GIVES BANKS PROFIT may not even visit the bank in 5 years. Banks should be encouraged, they are the highest employers of Labour in this country, they spend millions yearly on trainings and re-orientation of staff on customer Service just to meet up with competitions. Banks like Access, Skye, FCMB, Fidelity are trying.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by hotsizl: 6:15pm On Oct 11, 2012
[quote author=Uchmonia]All these complaints I tire. Am a banker, the point is customer service in Nigeria varies from the regions you are. Some branches are located in areas where the populace adapt to changes like web banking, but some locations the customers frown at even ATM banking. All banks are working on customer service seriously, some branches have good and dedicated staff why some dont. Some staff are bad in customer service ranging from bad attitude, poor salary(not all bankers are paid well), bad work tools etc.

Nigerians beleive in Bandwagon.. we want to go to that bank that every body is banking with, that you already know that its already over-crowded, so that people will see you while an Access or Skye OR IBTC bank opposite it in less than five minutes you are out of the place but you want guys or chics in town to know that you are in GTB, Zenith, First BANK. Banks like GTB does not pay their staff well cos they use 20% main staff & 80% contract... its expected that they will lackadasical in attitude. These days I see people lining up in front of First Bank ATMs in hot sun..cos they dont want to be charged =N=100 by another bank ATM opposite the First bank. There by spending hours there in hot sun.

Most of us making noise here if you go to ministries , hospitals they will delay you and also bad mouth you.. you still stay cos you dont have option.. why dont you come to NL and compare the worst hospitals, the worst ministry ?? Do you what it takes to be a customer service officer in Nigeria, most times as early as 8am you will interact with customers that ogogoro and cigarettes are oozing out from all angles. You will even see some customers with small balance but he expects you to treat him like the Guvnor of the State, some will even say I want to close my account so that they will begging them(most times I will laughing inside me). The worst is usually those that there Ogas/boyfriends have given a cheque to cash, they will just be making noise that you are wasting there time( most times they dont know the process of confirmation).

The real point is CUSTOMERS THAT GIVES BANKS PROFIT may not even visit the bank in 5 years. Banks should be encouraged, they are the highest employers of Labour in this country, they spend millions yearly on trainings and re-orientation of staff on customer Service just to meet up with competitions. Banks like Access, Skye, FCMB, Fidelity are trying.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by olorogun1: 7:05pm On Oct 11, 2012
Well,from my own point of view I think all banks in nigeria have peculiar issues,I have had issues with all the banks I transact business with atleast about six of them that I have account with,but it always different from one branch to the other,for example the diamond bank located @ilupeju you will love their services,even if all you have in your account is 500naira you will be treated the same way they will treat someone that has 500billion in his or her acc.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by sledge001(m): 7:44pm On Oct 11, 2012
Booty4me: FIRSSSSTTTTTT
bush man. bet u don't even have an account.mcheewwww
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by joepiper(m): 7:52pm On Oct 11, 2012
Diamond Bank na correct bank na. They publish all their tarriff charges and put on dia website and i don chat for the live chat site before. The tin work kampe.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Hotdiamond(m): 7:58pm On Oct 11, 2012
number one spot goes to [size=25pt]MAIN STREET BANK[/size]
Try to hurry them and they [size=25pt]shout[/size] at you.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by chinnyonwu(m): 8:17pm On Oct 11, 2012
saleeh: my brother, conventional system of banking is evil and nothing will come out of it execpt evil, why don't you adopt SHARIA SYSTEM OF BANKING?...
Imachasi ihe ike.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by baqina(m): 8:41pm On Oct 11, 2012
Some customers will come to banks and be comparing..."Go to so and so bank, there services are better than this"...so all nah wash..mtchew

It is not easy being a CSO,teller or CO in a bank,sometimes u work all around d clock from 8am till 6 pm without any break.

Am a banker in another bank but I respect GTB.

My bank has not been mentioned..#Lol.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by flairlady(f): 8:44pm On Oct 11, 2012
Enterprise Bank in Warri sucks,am stil wondering why NYSC chose that bank for some corpers.gtb and diamond bank are my favourites.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by superstar1(m): 9:32pm On Oct 11, 2012
It is very funny how people come to NL at the slightest opportunity to talk about banks. I am not saying they should not be criticised before you pas your comment, tell us where you are working 1st. A lecturer that does not go to class will also come to NL and be complaining of bad service, a civil servant in the ministry that hardly do a quarter of what these banks staff do in a day in a whole month will also be mouthing here, a nurse or doctor that shouts at his/her patients will also be commenting, telecommunication employees will also come here and be running organisation when they are next to poor customer service, students with fake results and mega cheats will also be commenting. People are always so eager to comment about banks. if you are proud of your organisation, please inform the house before passing your comment. It has become an habit on NL.

We should decry poor service but it must be with decorum and should be in comparison with the service your industry or organisation is offering.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by ubanuel: 9:52pm On Oct 11, 2012
people are entailed to their own opinion, am a cso in a bank and to be honest, because they said that customer is a king has make naija bank customer to be misbehaving, having known by writing a petition against a staff might end the person's career if not properly investigated now gave power to some unscrupulous customers which on normal circumstances should not be allowed to opened an account in a bank to be making notice in the banking hall.
I want to state categorically that banking is a conservative business. Due to the cry for customer service and like has cost most of banker their job. Due to the fact they now do a lot of over sight in order to make a Custer happy to their own detriment.
finally, I want correct those that insult banker to cease because the some customers come to bank with frustration and nothing u do as a cso will ever satisfy them. REMEMBER WE ARE INSATIABLE.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by miccodb(m): 10:05pm On Oct 11, 2012
Pls ya'll should come to stanbic IBTC bank. We hold customer service with very high esteem holla me for more info.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by WINFORTH: 11:15pm On Oct 11, 2012
ubanuel: people are entailed to their own opinion, am a cso in a bank and to be honest, because they said that customer is a king has make naija bank customer to be misbehaving, having known by writing a petition against a staff might end the person's career if not properly investigated now gave power to some unscrupulous customers which on normal circumstances should not be allowed to opened an account in a bank to be making notice in the banking hall.
I want to state categorically that banking is a conservative business. Due to the cry for customer service and like has cost most of banker their job. Due to the fact they now do a lot of over sight in order to make a Custer happy to their own detriment.
finally, I want correct those that insult banker to cease because the some customers come to bank with frustration and nothing u do as a cso will ever satisfy them. REMEMBER WE ARE INSATIABLE.

Did you say you are a CSO in one of the banks? Pls check your English ....what your wrote above go scatter here o....i beg modify pls
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by onuwaje(m): 11:40pm On Oct 11, 2012
FINBANK/FCMB undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by mkoabiola: 11:46pm On Oct 11, 2012
WINFORTH:

Did you say you are a CSO in one of the banks? Pls check your English ....what your wrote above go scatter here o....i beg modify pls
Lol
Lol
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by mkoabiola: 11:47pm On Oct 11, 2012
ubanuel: people are entailed to their own opinion, am a cso in a bank and to be honest, because they said that customer is a king has make naija bank customer to be misbehaving, having known by writing a petition against a staff might end the person's career if not properly investigated now gave power to some unscrupulous customers which on normal circumstances should not be allowed to opened an account in a bank to be making notice in the banking hall.
Lol
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Nobody: 1:55am On Oct 12, 2012
When did Nigeria in general start having great customer service?? mtcheew undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by 222Martins(m): 7:59am On Oct 12, 2012
saxywale:

Naija for show, which one be special customers lounge in the banking all? grin

I just have a simple question for you; have you seen a customer on a bank queue waiting to pay in 2mil or 3mil? I rest my case.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by kessyur: 9:42am On Oct 12, 2012
Nosyke:

Seriously, are you in my head? Exactly what I was going to say.
Zenith's is even worse, I wonder whether all forms of good manners were extracted from the girls at their training school. Unless they perceive you as 'rich' before they attend to you politely.
I will add Union bank and UBA....always crowded. Won't even open account in these banks at Gun point
UBA is the first, though Zenith bank is not happy that UBA is taking lead...hence they have instructed the staff to drop there manners at home. U can imagine a teller walking out from the counter while there are waiting customers on the queue. As for Union even the cogent odour from their halls alone is enough............www.allinksandtoners.com.ng
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by oladayo042: 11:33am On Oct 12, 2012
Ecobank. The customer service officer in the banking hall and online keep saying different things on the same issue.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 13, 2012
depends on locations n managements tho. i like diamond bank. gtb always too crowded. stalls rapour btwn customers n workers. union bank will always gat ntwk problem as fa as dey gat pensionias in the building. i was asked to take ma withdrawal slip out of the first bank at alaba cos i asked for n1000naira denomiaation. i knew dey had to push lower denominations out buh i pleaded still got ma request plashed bk. 1st bank bleeps. uba should upgrade their style. old n slogish................ yall shuld stop criticizin diamond bank. dey let us withdraw from ATM without charges. !st ATM n cheques free. nice. n banks cant run without charges u know.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Schuller: 1:21am On Oct 14, 2012
Say ђã†̥ you will but Union Bank is changing. The old stuff is gradually fading off. The appearance of most of their major branches are gradually bowing to change. I used their Asaba Main Branch last week and was surprised at the level of professionalism their staff showed.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Schuller: 1:26am On Oct 14, 2012
kessyur: UBA is the first, though Zenith bank is not happy that UBA is taking lead...hence they have instructed the staff to drop there manners at home. U can imagine a teller walking out from the counter while there are waiting customers on the queue. As for Union even the cogent odour from their halls alone is enough............www.allinksandtoners.com.ng

The demography of each bank's customer base is different. And ther are peak periods and non peak periods. So choose your poison but If you go to any of the banks on a salary paying day, bros OYO.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Schuller: 1:30am On Oct 14, 2012
WINFORTH:

Infection of Frustration. No be de guy fault. Customer Service Officer be like mad man. He hears so many voices.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Schuller: 1:34am On Oct 14, 2012
joepiper: Diamond Bank na correct bank na. They publish all their tarriff charges and put on dia website and i don chat for the live chat site before. The tin work kampe.

You sure sey no be your staff email u see the charges and as for chat swear sey no be Office Communicator
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Winneygirl(f): 9:22pm On Nov 19, 2012
winkGood to know that Stanbic IBTC bank is not on the list of banks with poor service. Their ATMs are the most reliable bank ATMs nationwide. Check statistics!!!
Also, the banking halls are not crowded (who likes long queues anyway).
If You want 2bank, bank with the Bank that moves you forward!!!
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Kellygold(f): 6:11pm On Aug 26, 2014
Diamond bank at Yaba gave me the worse experience I have ever had in my life. Their ATM machine faulty, infact the user interface is just too bad and not user friendly. I tried using the machine and it seized my card with no reason displayed. The most annoying part was that I was stranded and needed to get some cash for my daughter's treatment. The response by the security made me mad. "GO TO YOUR BRANCH" with no respect for the situation and no solution to help it. He didnt even allow me into the banking hall to explain myself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar / I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo / Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.