Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,897 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service (17711 Views)

Standardgoldng E-currency Exchanger: Nairaland Customer Service. / Chrisvicmall Customer Service (Pay Your Supplier Within 24 to 72 working hours) / Nigerian Banks With Best Interest Rates& Least Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by 222Martins(m): 12:11pm On Oct 11, 2012
GTB is slowly going to the dust. I carry out transactions at GTB Wetheral Owerri Imo and it's been hell for customers of that branch since Tayo passed on. The employees act like gods and are very very rude. I don't blame them though, i can sense frustration all over members of the junior staff The only way to escape their foul mouth is to have a fat bank account. That way, you won't have to deal with the frontline cashiers, you just walk straight to your account officer or to the special customer's lounge. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by futurewise11(m): 12:20pm On Oct 11, 2012
@all
The reason y gtb is the best bank in nigeria follow by fb.
There Fixed deposit rate is the highest rate in among all nigeria banks.
U can withdraw all d money in ur acct to zero naira,unlike other bank
U can open account with gtb with only 1050.
Gtconnet is there for u(24/7).
They give pregnant people,old people special treatment by attending to them without joining the queue.

@OP.

Union bank.outdated
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 11, 2012
Access Bank For me!!
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by sola12(m): 12:33pm On Oct 11, 2012
Its ECOBANK........

1. Always out of service/ Network
2. A lot of hidden charges
3. Inadequate staff and always crowded.
4. Sluggish staff.......very slow in attending to customers.
5. Non functioning ATM........most time their ATM don't function , always out of service.
CONCLUSION........it should be downsized to a MICROFINANCE BANK. #kpam.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by stildude(m): 12:34pm On Oct 11, 2012
With my recent experience, I'd have to say eco bank. They seem to be understaffed. Two tellers attending to two qeues of 50 customers each. You'd think that is bad enough until you see one of them leaving his cubicle every minute doing 'God knows what' most Nigerian banks can't seem to manage cost-service tradeoffs effectively. They are so concerned about cutting cost that they totally undermine customer service. They should know that customers are getting more and more enlightened nowadays. Back to my oceanic -eco bank experience. I was made to carry around the cheque I brought in, for verification at 3 different points. Believe me, they were not close, and I wasn't happy. I had to climb upstairs to get to one of the offices. Banks are supposed to be service industries. They should start acting thus.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by pdone: 12:46pm On Oct 11, 2012
stanuplane: i don't agree with the OP on diamond bank. i bank with them I've never experienced any of the fault you have so graciously listed. i think ur opinion is biased and you could be an agent from a rival bank.

Point out the point that l raised that isn't true. Is it the dead chat button or the unnecessary charges, or their Online customer button that fill your ear with advert or reporting issue to them. My brother l am not working for any bank. I just state what l have been experiencing from them

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 11, 2012
222Martins: The only way to escape their foul mouth is to have a fat bank account. That way, you won't have to deal with the frontline cashiers, you just walk straight to your account officer or to the special customer's lounge. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Naija for show, which one be special customers lounge in the banking all? grin
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by chucky234(m): 12:50pm On Oct 11, 2012
Ganys: Chei, Seun don enter one chance, why people no dey comment na grin
Meaning?
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by chucky234(m): 12:53pm On Oct 11, 2012
sola_101: Its ECOBANK........

1. Always out of service/ Network
2. A lot of hidden charges
3. Inadequate staff and always crowded.
4. Sluggish staff.......very slow in attending to customers.
5. Non functioning ATM........most time their ATM don't function , always out of service.
CONCLUSION........it should be downsized to a MICROFINANCE BANK. #kpam.
Eco Bank actually inherited those problems from Oceanic bank.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Pozzy(m): 12:58pm On Oct 11, 2012
Not only bank.. People in Nigeria are all rude

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by purplekayc(m): 1:01pm On Oct 11, 2012
Ecobank/oceanic bank is seriously messing up in all these aspects...
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Venchy: 1:09pm On Oct 11, 2012
This one is a standard work ETHICS and some customers are completely rude and no manners.

Jumping the queue constantly.

The bank Manager have responsibility in putting their staffs and customers in Order.

I always get upset whenever I come to the bank in Nigeria as you'll expect people to be in order instead of bringing out KOBOKO all the time.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Biggyd2: 1:11pm On Oct 11, 2012
pdone: From the response so far, it shows that Nigeria banking system has disappointed us. I think it would be good if Sanusi should pay more attention to these complaints. Moreover my fellow nairalanders, l think it is high time we start posting their workers name and pictures and each branch that is not performing well.

I agree. Would be nice if people mention specific branches. Next would be petrol stations that manipulate their pump machines to defraud people or those selling far above the normal pump price. This naming and shaming thread is good. People should take their customers serious jare!
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Ishilove: 1:17pm On Oct 11, 2012
Personally, I think all banks have issues.

Another thing is the branch where you find yourselves doing your transactions can form your opinions about the quality of a bank's services. Take for example the Gtbank branch located along Ota road. By the time everyone, right from the security men to the lobby attendant to cleaners are done greeting you, you will be forced to examine yourself in the mirror to see if the sign "Glory of God" is boldly written on your forehead with rainbow coloured ink.

Make your way into the banking hall, queue= nil.

Then proceed to do your business under 5mins max, make your way out of the banking and be hassled by greetings until you step out into the road.

I vowed to open an account in Gtbank until I remembered the branch in Dopemu where I reside.

The Gtbank branch in Dopemu was vomited out of the belly of chaos. The banking hall is ALWAYS over-crowded. Infact so over-crowded that the different queues snake all around the bank building. I am sure whenever the tellers look up from their tiny cubicles, what they see is a sea of granite faced customers glaring malevolently at them from the other side of the glass partition. Why won't we glare at them when the customers are squashed together like sardines,the atmosphere is hot and oppressive, so hot that you can perceive the body odour of the fellow in front of you with every inhalation, and to crown it all, the staff of high-heels wearing women and besuited men are always 'forming too busy' to attend to your enquiries.

Now if you bank with Gtbank Ota, and you tell the customer from Gt Dopemu that Gtbank as a whole is one of the best banks in the country, they will snort and look at you askance.

The branch you find yourself is what will inform your opinion on the quality of a bank's services.

Ecobank is my bank, but they have serious issues. Fuccked up network, stingy interest rates, unhelpful customer care agents etc. When I have their time I will withdraw ALL my money and come and hide it in the ceiling at home. angry

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Oluwafunmilayo95(f): 1:20pm On Oct 11, 2012
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Fidelity Bank... Their service is nothing to write home about. angry
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 11, 2012
Ishilove: I think MTN is a great NETWORK and if we can just be patient with them we'll...*dodges slap* Lemme finish na! *dodges shoe*. *dodges iron* :]xx:].*runs away for dear life*

Ah, What is that? angry You didn't even let me throw this Brick and M-crested Rod I picked up. angry
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Biggyd2: 1:33pm On Oct 11, 2012
Ishilove:
The Gtbank branch in Dopemu was vomited out of the belly of chaos. The banking hall is ALWAYS over-crowded. Infact so over-crowded that the different queues snake all around the bank building. I am sure whenever the tellers look up from their tiny cubicles, what they see is a sea of granite faced customers glaring malevolently at them from the other side of the glass partition. Why won't we glare at them when the customers are squashed together like sardines,the atmosphere is hot and oppressive, so hot that you can perceive the body odour of the fellow in front of you with every inhalation, and to crown it all, the staff of high-heels wearing women and besuited men are always 'forming too busy' to attend to your enquiries.

Now if you bank with Gt ota, and you tell the customer from Gt Dopemu that Gtbank as a whole is one of the best banks in the country, they will snort and look at you askance.

The branch you find yourself is what will inform your opinion on the quality of a bank's services.

Ecobank is my bank, but they have serious issues. Fuccked up network, stingy interest rates, unhelpful customer care agents etc. When I have their time I will withdraw ALL my money and come and hide it in the ceiling at home. angry

OMG! See as I laff sotey water comot my eye and nose. KAi! And Kudos to your GTB ota. I wish say other service providers go kukuma dey see the rainbow of the glory of God for we forehead. Thanks for this.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 11, 2012
i recently paid in money to a friend's account at FIRST BANK
Guess what?? The money wasn't posted, until 4days later/
This was when he angrily went to his branch and demanded for an account statement.
The customer care said the money was pending and was posted only when he complained that day.
I didn't receive any call for pending transactions neither did he. Beside, i only transferred money in 4digits, not
as if it was 10million or something.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Ishilove: 1:41pm On Oct 11, 2012
HQ:

Ah, What is that? angry You didn't even let me throw this Brick and M-crested Rod I picked up. angry

I value my life and limbs very greatly grin
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Ishilove: 1:53pm On Oct 11, 2012
Biggyd2:

Kudos to your GTB ota. I wish say other service providers go kukuma dey see the rainbow of the glory of God for we forehead.
Lol cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by blasterman(m): 2:08pm On Oct 11, 2012
Gtb the worst
Skye The best
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Assalaam(f): 2:13pm On Oct 11, 2012
First bank...... They are always having network problem/failure. Some of their customer relation officers are rude and proud.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by chukscash: 2:29pm On Oct 11, 2012
I ve been to all the banks for diff purpose. Its all abt the branch not d bank in general. Dats my opinion
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 11, 2012
pro01: UBA sucks. Terrible bank with fondness for all kinds of criminal deductions, woeful customer service and pathetic everything else. That's why I laugh whenever I see this Tony Elumelu fool prancing about smugly like some kind of banking whizkid. . .for the most part he supervised mediocrity and corruption while at the helm of UBA.

I've since thrown away my UBA passbook and ATM card. Useless bank.

Hahahahah . . You will never change.

How are you dear?
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Okewuoma: 3:01pm On Oct 11, 2012
UBA = National Stadium Crowd (anytym nigeria is playin international friendly).

FIRST BANK = Market 4 old mamas & papas.

DIAMOND = Stealin witout rizins.

GTB = Bunch of LACKADIASICAL staff.

ACCESS = Credit but queue now due 2 d merging wit intercontinental.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by logo77: 3:22pm On Oct 11, 2012
pdone: In your opinion, which of Nigeria banks has worst customer service. Currently I will give it to Diamond bank. First I am always pissed off each time I see their live chat button on their website. The true fact is that the live chat is nothing but a dead chat. If you need urgent help, my advice is never click on the live chat otherwise you will wait until Jesus come again.

Secondly, their unnecessary charges, they keep deducting money from your account and name the fee any name. I have sent emails to them asking them their reason for the deduction and what the names mean but no reply.

Third, try sending an email inquiry to them and 3 days you haven't heard any thing from them.

Fourth, send a complaint about the service, they will reply informing you that they will fix the issue as soon as possible. After five month, come back again you will still see the same particular issue you have reported to them.

Fifth, most of the time, call their customer service number and no one will pick the call and yet they claim that it is 24/7 service.

Why should they call themselves professionals when they fail to understand their customers need.

All banks(especially at individual branch levels) have their parculiar challanges.

I bank with DBN. I agree with you 101%.
I don't waste my time sending an email to customer care; because as you rightly wrote, one has to wait for a long time to get response(....and getting a response those not mean that the issue has been taken care of).

As for live chat, DBN needs to do more.I got a good response recently but I was disappointed the first time I tried it.

To get any issue resolved as soon as possible, I find time to walk into my branch.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by nnemmpi(m): 3:40pm On Oct 11, 2012
acess bank especially d one at sango otta,they are service is d worst i have seen anywhere in d world.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 11, 2012
Sterling bank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are the slowest most confused bank!!!!!!!! Even at their head office, they attend to one customer for hours....
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by ifeegee(f): 3:49pm On Oct 11, 2012
I go to banks these days with a mindset,don't give offence & don't get offended b'cus most of them(bank staff) can't give what they don't have,manners are imbibed and not earned as a result of workn in any bank.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by Youngzedd(m): 4:00pm On Oct 11, 2012
As-salaam:
First bank...... They are always having network problem/failure. Some of their customer relation officers are rude and proud.

I for say, if nobody will say sometime about First Bank.

Aah First Bank na hell fire, great grand mama and papap bank.

ATM machine out of service/error.

They have deducted my money two times without giving me even a dime. Although they later return the money in 3 days (too late).

First Bank is not for emergency at all. Network problem all the time more especially on Fridays.

Their online transaction is -1. They too dey deduct money without successful transaction.

GTBank still remain my number 1, fast service, both internet banking, mobile banking and GT CONNECT, their customer service dey try.
Shopping online with GTBank MasterCard na enjoyment.
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by ayojango(m): 4:13pm On Oct 11, 2012
pdone: In your opinion, which of Nigeria banks has worst customer service. Currently I will give it to Diamond bank. First I am always pissed off each time I see their live chat button on their website. The true fact is that the live chat is nothing but a dead chat. If you need urgent help, my advice is never click on the live chat otherwise you will wait until Jesus come again.

Secondly, their unnecessary charges, they keep deducting money from your account and name the fee any name. I have sent emails to them asking them their reason for the deduction and what the names mean but no reply.

Third, try sending an email inquiry to them and 3 days you haven't heard any thing from them.

Fourth, send a complaint about the service, they will reply informing you that they will fix the issue as soon as possible. After five month, come back again you will still see the same particular issue you have reported to them.

Fifth, most of the time, call their customer service number and no one will pick the call and yet they claim that it is 24/7 service.

Why should they call themselves professionals when they fail to understand their customers need.

Your issue is wit diamond bank and nt wit Nigerian banks.
Just because one bank didn't serve you well does nt mean others r bad.In customer service delivery some clients r just not worth KEEPING
Re: Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service by datola: 4:15pm On Oct 11, 2012
GTBank's the best in term of excellent customer service.

But that bank appears going down the drain with the new man, Agbaje in the saddle.

Zenith, UBA, First Bank are the worst customer service bank I know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Plummets To All-time Low Of 472/dollar / I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo / Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.