Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,316 members, 7,836,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth (19105 Views)

Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage / 70-year-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-year-old To Boost Wealth / Father Impreginates Daughter Insists On Marrying Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth by Mavrick2012: 3:24pm On Oct 11, 2012
Abujabir24: Excuse Mr. Mavrick. Are u a Muslim? Pls dnt make false accusations on the GARND KHADI. I don't believe Gumi will make such Fatwa. Infact their is no where in the Quran dat says a 7yrs old girl. The case of dat of the Prophet is different, check d quotation someone quoted at d beginning of dis thread. Coming back to dahiru bauchi, a girls consent must be considered before marrying out, I.e she must say she loves him, but once she refuses to accept her parents choice, d best tin 4 dem to do is withdraw or try and advise her if dey feel d person is a good practising muslim and has gud xter. An example is d Prophet himself marrying a woman but she doesn't love him to d extent dat she told him without been afraid or shy. Also d case of 2 couples dat got seperated during d Prophets time, the male sahaba was disturb cuz he wanted her to come back to him but she refused cuz she doesn't lovee him. So d prophet came I b/w dem and called her and told to go back to him. She nw asked him (Prophet) are u advising me or u re commanding me? He answered d latter. In ansa to ur first question. No I am neva close to dem in knowledge. Thank u Mavrikk
malam Abu jabir,to ur 1st questn,my dad is a muslim(an alhaji) n my mum a xtian,am an irreligious person.growin up,at a point i was a muslim later a xtian,wen a muslim(especialy durin d holy mont of ramadan)i piously folow 2 malams tafsir i.e sheik Gumi n sheik Bauchi.i say i heard it.wel,u can kip insistin am lyin,u hv great monopoly to ur opinion.Allah baka hankuri
Re: 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth by kolaoloye(m): 3:28pm On Oct 11, 2012
odehaj: You think that the Bible is like Koran where u recite?...I have said it here b4 that the whole doctrine of Islam&the Koran need revisiting. Islam is all about women,women,women&women.Nothing serious about it.
Yes o. The funniest thing is that 75% of the Islamic nations don't allow their women in the mosque.
Re: 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth by Imoy(m): 3:30pm On Oct 11, 2012
Alalabi: Fools wey dey talk, what has d post got to do Islam... I wonder what u'd say about d man ur so-called jesus told to IMPREGNATE his DAUGHTER and MUST MARRY her
https://www.nairaland.com/138618/father-impreginates-daughter-insists-marrying

I THINK YOU GOATS WILL KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT 4 ONCE... Idiots

You are a mumu of the highest order, the link u post clearly shows that the said man is not mentally balanced, so what has that got to do with us *christains*? U should rather be praying to God so as to show the truth, rather than worship mohammed. Mumu.

1 Like

Re: 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth by specialguest(f): 3:34pm On Oct 11, 2012
What is it about this topic that is causing a religious riot right here? Cant We keep religious sentiments aside and discuss about possible options for the girl to be saved from the trauma this 70 year old great grand father is causing her...

As educated and enlightened as we claim to be on Nairaland i expect solutions to be created i.e someone who knows an NGO that deals with child welfare in Nigeria should help the poor girl by notifying them about her case.. It is sad that so many other young girls in rural places especially those remote villages up north have been forced / decieved into this kind of marriages, you only get to hear thier stories when you visit the vvf centers in general hospitals.

2 Likes

Re: 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth by OILOFGLADNESS: 3:37pm On Oct 11, 2012
[quote author=Alalabi][/quote]

YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND ONE THING,
THAT SOME GOES AGAINST WHAT THE RELIGION TEACHES IS VERY FAR DIFFERENT FROM, THAT SOME ACT IS ACCORDING TO HIS RELIGIOUS BELIEVE.

THINK WELL, ITS A DIFFERENT THING THAT ISLAM BELIEVE IS AGAINT THE NONCHALLANT PRACTICES AND YET PEOPLE ARE PRACTICING IT.

I BELIEVE THAT IF YOUR RELIGION IS AGIANST IT THE ALAHAJI WONT COME OUT OPENLY TO CLAIM IT ON RELIGIOUS BASIS

UNDERSTAND WELL!!!!!!!, DO NOT ARGUE BLINDLY
Re: 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth by ability4life(m): 3:49pm On Oct 11, 2012
that is what is good for them shariha law all tis aboki with nothing when nor good for their eyez that old man is insane because of the law of the muslems what a mess
Re: 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth by salt1: 4:33pm On Oct 11, 2012
Joys of Muslim Women
by Nonie Darwish ( a Moslem woman who converted to Christianity)

In the Muslim faith a Muslim man can marry a child as young as 1 year old and have sexual intimacy with this child, consummating the marriage by 9. The dowry is given to the family in exchange for the woman (who becomes his slave) and for the purchase of the private parts of the woman, to use her as a toy.
Even though a woman is abused, she cannot obtain a divorce.
To prove rape, the woman must have (4) male witnesses.
Often after a woman has been raped, she is returned to her family and the family must return the dowry. The family has the right to execute her (an honour killing) to restore the honour of the family. Husbands can beat their wives 'at will' and the man does not have to say why he has beaten her.
The husband is permitted to have 4 wives and a temporary wife for an hour (prostitute) at his discretion

A gala event has occurred in Gaza

Hamas sponsored a mass wedding for four hundred and fifty couples.
Most of the grooms were in their mid to late twenties; most of brides were under ten.

Muslim dignitaries including Mahmud Zahar, a leader of Hamas, were on hand to congratulate the couples who took part in the carefully staged celebration.
We are saying to the world and to America that you cannot deny us joy and happiness, Zahar told the grooms, all of whom were dressed in identical black suits and hailed from the nearby Jabalia refugee camp.

Each groom received a gift of 500 dollars from Hamas.

The pre-pubescent girls, dressed in white gowns and adorned with garish make-up, received bridal bouquets.

We are presenting this wedding as a gift to our people who stood firm in the face of the siege and the war, local Hamas strongman Ibrahim Salaf said in a speech.

Re: 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth by fortyfeet(m): 4:45pm On Oct 11, 2012
honeypie311: they meant 2011, d girl was 11yrs and nw 2012 she is 12. Something need to be done abt this asap. Hw could the stupid lawyer have said marriage like this is not 4 *.e.x but just to take care of her. Pure thrash!
What is important here is the girls natural human right to choose her husband and not any religious rule (could be any religion) that did not consider or predict the future to know how bad man would have turned. Men then maybe sincere in situations like this but in this age, I quite disapprove of it vehemently.
History shows there was such practice in my village but the girl will remain with her parents and never visit, until she is eighteen (18). That lawyer is a public disgrace because I will be ashamed to defend religious rule as against human right!
Re: 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth by ParisLove2(f): 4:57pm On Oct 11, 2012
Muhammad married Ayesha when she was 6-
years old and had sêx with
her when she was 9-years-old. How could a
54 year-old man calling himself the
messenger God have sèxual feelings for a 9-
year-old girl?

2 Likes

Re: 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth by Imoy(m): 5:18pm On Oct 11, 2012
Paris-Love:
year-old girl?
Help me ask them oh. After dem go begin open deir mouth to defend d so called prophet. Smh
Re: 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth by Alalabi(m): 5:26pm On Oct 11, 2012
odehaj: You think that the Bible is like Koran where u recite?...I have said it here b4 that the whole doctrine of Islam&the Koran need revisiting. Islam is all about women,women,women&women.Nothing serious about it.
Hey dude what do u kno abt d bible.. except d false rumour u go and listen to in ur clubs u call church evry sunday.. Which religion is all abt women... Look at d way d xtian women dress 2 their club I mean church evry sunday.. Almost NAKEDLY to entice their make-believe jesus... U can now open ur big dirty mouth and say Islam is all about women... Olodo
Re: 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth by omenziate(m): 5:34pm On Oct 11, 2012
Yerima did sometin almost similar and dis legal form of paedophilia disguised as religious is endemic in d north, d question should b whose footsteps are the adherents of such despicable acts following and if it has a religious backing in a "Holy book", then I am afraid d young lady has no choice.
My eye see dis kind tin tire for north. Fear sef grip me, hospitals just dey full wit small small children wit belle. Babe of like 16 yrs don dey drop her 2nd album. Aboki na fire I tell u.
Re: 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth by andyanders: 5:38pm On Oct 11, 2012
That Alhaji is a Ritualist and a pedophile and should be destroyed. Thats one thing about the Isl====== abusing innocent children
Re: 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth by Chibest2000(m): 6:34pm On Oct 11, 2012
seriallink:

Hahahaha, I thought it was 2011; if it was 2001 then I think she should be around 23 now. Na their yawa sha!
there must b an error somewhere, it must b 2011 bcuse by calculatn 4 2001 she's now 22yrs n u can tell dat a 22yrs old gurl is stil in j.s.s 1. But com 2 tink of it dis ppl realy want 2 molest dis young gurl in d name of religion but nature wil neva 4give dem.

1 Like

Re: 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth by Abujabir24: 6:56pm On Oct 11, 2012
Mavrick2012: malam Abu jabir,to ur 1st questn,my dad is a muslim(an alhaji) n my mum a xtian,am an irreligious person.growin up,at a point i was a muslim later a xtian,wen a muslim(especialy durin d holy mont of ramadan)i piously folow 2 malams tafsir i.e sheik Gumi n sheik Bauchi.i say i heard it.wel,u can kip insistin am lyin,u hv great monopoly to ur opinion.Allah baka hankuri
Mr. Mavrick, I think I prefer d name Abujabir. Sorry 4 calling u a liar, but Gumi might have made a mistake in his Fatwa or maybe he said something like a father can marry out his daughter be4 she attains puberty even without her concent and u misqouted him. Gumi is throughly a well respected international Sheikh. But very few of his fatwas have been considered weak by our present scholars both in Lajna and here due to more and more researchs. So dis 1 u dnt follow any religion at all, u re telling me nw dat u re a free thinker?
Re: 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth by Abujabir24: 7:08pm On Oct 11, 2012
salt 1: Joys of Muslim Women

In the Muslim faith a Muslim man can marry a child as young as 1 year old and have sexual intimacy with this child, consummating the marriage by 9. The dowry is given to the family in exchange for the woman (who becomes his slave) and for the purchase of the private parts of the woman, to use her as a toy.
Often after a woman has been raped, she is returned to her family and the family must return the dowry. The family has the right to execute her (an honour killing) to restore the honour of the family. Husbands can beat their wives 'at will' and the man does not have to say why he has beaten her.
The husband is permitted to have 4 wives and a temporary wife for an hour (prostitute) at his discretion

Most of the grooms were in their mid to late twenties; most of brides were under ten.

Muslim dignitaries including Mahmud Zahar, a leader of Hamas, were on hand to congratulate the couples who took part in the carefully staged celebration.
We are saying to the world and to America that you cannot deny us joy and happiness, Zahar told the grooms, all of whom were dressed in identical black suits and hailed from the nearby Jabalia refugee camp.

The pre-pubescent girls, dressed in white gowns and adorned with garish make-up, received bridal bouquets.

We are presenting this wedding as a gift to our people who stood firm in the face of the siege and the war, local Hamas strongman Ibrahim Salaf said in a speech.
Go to Hell u bloodsucking liar. U really think we will believe ur fabricated story. U re d description of wat we call a Jew. Jews are d ones dat lie agaoinst muslims, so I won't be surprised if u re one, or u re been paid to do dis. And dat picture u posted are neva pistures of Muslims, dat is not how Islam conducts its marriage. Hu knws u might even be in d picture.
Re: 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth by fortyfeet(m): 7:22pm On Oct 11, 2012
rusep:

And the Southerners are what?
Animals too, aluu 4 is a living proof.
Re: 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth by fortyfeet(m): 7:33pm On Oct 11, 2012
Alalabi: Many xtians cannot even recite a verse from their so-called bible... But when it comes to barshing other people's religion, they take d leadin position... ignorants
Christians don't recite The Bible, they study it.
Re: 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth by fortyfeet(m): 7:46pm On Oct 11, 2012
Aizek B: [color=#000099]i am a northerner but chai nnnaaaaa waiting b dis islam and mohamed don spoil everythin way dey north and each time people always consider even we dat are not islam they stil look at us like them abeg islam una don spoil everythin 4 dis life enough which one come b 70yr old man dey mary 12 yr old girl dat agent of mohamed should be castratd an casted into kirikiri prison abeg[/color]
You didn't sound a bit a northerner and you know you are not..
Re: 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth by salt1: 9:43pm On Oct 11, 2012
Abujabir24: Go to Hell u bloodsucking liar. U really think we will believe ur fabricated story. U re d description of wat we call a Jew. Jews are d ones dat lie agaoinst muslims, so I won't be surprised if u re one, or u re been paid to do dis. And dat picture u posted are neva pistures of Muslims, dat is not how Islam conducts its marriage. Hu knws u might even be in d picture.

I know that you are aware of google. The passage is quoted and I acknowledged the author so you can check and confirm whether the contents are true.
I don't know who is lying. Where, except among the Muslims, are they still giving out pre-pubescent girls in marriage?
What is this post all about? Is it not a Muslim trying to put into action what his religion permits? Who is talking about securing consent of a 6 year-old girl?
What consent can she give? What does she know about marriage?
Re: 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth by morrie20(f): 11:13pm On Oct 11, 2012
The whole narrative just too clumsy and irritable with the silly xters performin the action.
HayZee-06:
Is this a build up story or what? Coz I dnt even understand any bit of it
Re: 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth by Mavrick2012: 11:17pm On Oct 11, 2012
salt 1: Joys of Muslim Women

mr 1 salt(sory,salt 1)i tink d pics looks more like a xtian wedin dan a muslim's
Re: 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth by Nobody: 1:53am On Oct 12, 2012
Paris-Love:
year-old girl?
hhmmm........Nawa ooooo
Re: 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth by Nostradamu(m): 7:36am On Oct 12, 2012
mumu............!
Re: 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth by qutemichelle: 8:42am On Oct 12, 2012
seriallink:

Hahahaha, I thought it was 2011; if it was 2001 then I think she should be around 23 now. Na their yawa sha!
You would its a typo.. And yes its 2011. And u encouraging it is as good as nothing
Re: 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 12, 2012
qute michelle:
You would its a typo.. And yes its 2011. And u encouraging it is as good as nothing

Encouraging what exactly If she's 12, it's a crime and the slowpoke should be jailed! But 23? Na their yawa! None of my biz
Re: 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth by vanstanzy(m): 5:22pm On Oct 12, 2012
I know this can be in no other place than the North. Pedophiles! angry
Re: 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth by OILOFGLADNESS: 1:48pm On Oct 15, 2012
Abujabir24: Go to Hell u bloodsucking liar. U really think we will believe ur fabricated story. U re d description of wat we call a Jew. Jews are d ones dat lie agaoinst muslims, so I won't be surprised if u re one, or u re been paid to do dis. And dat picture u posted are neva pistures of Muslims, dat is not how Islam conducts its marriage. Hu knws u might even be in d picture.

guy plesae dont take it personal, the truth is actually bitter, but nothwitstanding, if he is lying you can correct him and not abuse him.

the way you responded, shows that he may be right.

but the facts remains that ,any muslim girl u see in north From 5 yrs above or even less is engaged to a man.

"my boss during my nysc at one of this north told me that his second wife is in secondary school and that she is 12 years. that the first wife was her mothers choice , but this second one is his choice "
Re: 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth by Abujabir24: 2:29pm On Oct 15, 2012
OILOFGLADNESS:

guy plesae dont take it personal, the truth is actually bitter, but nothwitstanding, if he is lying you can correct him and not abuse him.

the way you responded, shows that he may be right.

but the facts remains that ,any muslim girl u see in north From 5 yrs above or even less is engaged to a man.

"my boss during my nysc at one of this north told me that his second wife is in secondary school and that she is 12 years. that the first wife was her mothers choice , but this second one is his choice "
I understand u. But what I really don't like for someone to form up a cooked story jst because the person is talented for people to believe. I understand ur point but pls check d photos in his post and confirm if muslims do dress like that?
Re: 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth by ddeola: 8:55am On Feb 19, 2013
He's a pedophile and should be dealt with accordingly. There is no sharia in southern Nigeria,these unlearned fellows should be dealt with before they mess up the life of a promising future leader under the pretext that it's not for sex. This is 2013 for God's sake !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Would You Advice Your Daughter/son To Marry Someone Like You? / Hilarious Things You Did As A Kid? / Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.