Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery (21179 Views)

Cultists Behead Two Students Of Abia State University (warning!! Graphic Photos) / Two Students Murdered By Fulani Herdsmen Today (graphic Pictures) / Two Convicted Armed Robbers Executed By Firing Squad In Ilorin In 1971 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery by size38: 7:57pm On Oct 11, 2012
Is dis not too harsh? Why not lenghty prison term?
Re: Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery by Reference(m): 8:55pm On Oct 11, 2012
GboyegaD: And our governments who loots the whole treasury only gets 6months imprisonment. Nigeria is very backward in thinking. The guys should get a better lawyer and appeal their case as death is not the penalty for armed robbery.

Perhaps in the country where you reside, but in Nigeria armed robbery is a capital offence punishable by death.

And by the way that's why the overwhelming majority of robberies are violent. Its a viscious cycle.
Re: Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 11, 2012
Okija_juju: SWEEEEEEET JESUS!! Two student robbers to die by firing squad for theft worth under 30,000 Naira..

Bode George got 30 Months jail time, ate home made food prepared by his family and stayed in the VIP section of the prison for stealing over 84 BILLION Naira (that was never recovered o!!)..

Did I hear someone say 'Aluu'.. angry

^^ ikr.

@topic...
its best i keep my comment to myself.
Re: Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery by Revolva(m): 9:37pm On Oct 11, 2012
redsun: Did they kill somebody during the robbery?Useless,corrupt and ignorant justice that is devoid of common sense.Judges are like religious fanatics in nigeria,highly deluded without an atom of common sense.

Yes judges are currupt here too much , firing squad for just petty theft - hey a disgrace ..to humanity while bode george was in kiri kiri he was a lord there and titles the joseph of our time on billboards on highways - shame oooooo nigeria
Re: Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery by dartsidius7(m): 10:02pm On Oct 11, 2012
weird..... the crime sounds like one of desperation. 30k and a couple of torch lights, and you get a firing squad. ridiculous bullcrap.
and i hate thieves.
Re: Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery by OzReal(m): 10:08pm On Oct 11, 2012
This judgement right here is Nigeria folks! A country where alleged criminals are brutalized in a chilling manner; a country where a man would steal a tuber of yam and will remain in jail for up to 6 years awaiting trial, while the real criminals whose modus operandi of looting the treasury defies logic would be celebrated upon release after spending 2 months in a jail cell that that is quite superior to living standard of a lot of Nigerian. Naija I hail! cry
Re: Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery by Imoy(m): 10:10pm On Oct 11, 2012
i tink its high time we match in d street and protest for this students. The judge is so in human, if it were a case of a politician stealing billions of naira, i'm too sure she wunt pass that kind of judgement base on what she myt have recievd as bribe.
Re: Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 11, 2012
afam4eva:
In the case of our politicians, there will be another squad firing at the firing squad.
This comment made me laugh like for real.....grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery by kumbalo(m): 11:25pm On Oct 11, 2012
They got what they deserved...

1 Like

Re: Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery by kumbalo(m): 11:29pm On Oct 11, 2012
Imoy: i tink its high time we match in d street and protest for this students. The judge is so in human, if it were a case of a politician stealing billions of naira, i'm too sure she wunt pass that kind of judgement base on what she myt have recievd as bribe.
When people are "excessively" punished for a crime, adrenaline builds up, u wanna stage a protest. Over 30 students were killed in the Mubi Massacre, nobody has said a thing...double standard, that's what i see.MUGU
Re: Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 11, 2012
die! die!! die!!!
Re: Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery by Nobody: 12:32am On Oct 12, 2012
It seems like good numbers of Nigerian students are criminals!

1 Like

Re: Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery by CARLISTO77(m): 12:47am On Oct 12, 2012
Savvy comment well articulated without much ado about
mincing words...

kumbalo: They got what they deserved...
Re: Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery by mamagee3(f): 12:47am On Oct 12, 2012
This is how criminals should be tried and sentenced

Not the citizens trying and executing the culprits themselves
Re: Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery by mcevans1(m): 12:59am On Oct 12, 2012
CLIQBOY: you must be an armrobber too

Na wa ohh.
Re: Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery by flexshop(m): 1:40am On Oct 12, 2012
Nigerians mEhn Robbery is a capital offence. Someone who comes to your house with a gun has the mind of killing you.and the last time I checked,attempted murder is equivalent to murder. Being a victim of armed robbers,gawd dat sentence is lenient.people must learn not to encourage brutal crimes in the name of human rights cos an armed robber will not read you your rights before pulling the trigger.smh

1 Like

Re: Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery by Richy4(m): 6:17am On Oct 12, 2012
IYA NGBALI: They should be sent to aluu instead of wasting our bullets
grin grin really funny
Re: Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery by ddim22: 10:16am On Oct 12, 2012
Pysam: Jonathan Usenge, told the
court that five armed men came to
his house, attacked and robbed him
of some valuable items on that day.
He stated that the robbers
collected his Nokia 1600 phone
valued N12,700.00, two torch lights
valued N350.00 and a sum of
N16,500.
Jonathan Usenge, told the
N16,500.
Jonathan Usenge, told the
N16,500.
Is that what they re to be killed for eh mtcheeeeeeeeeew
Tell the the judge and prosecutors to take my ping let's talk I can pay them back those nonsense let those boys live eh
Can't they jail them
Its not about the value of the items stolen.Its about the fact that they went there with guns and other dangerous arms.There is no excuse for armed robbery.what if they killed someone during the operation.why were they caring guns if not to kill if the need arises.Dont compare armed robbery to fraud or looting by our leader.Armed robbers kill people so they must die.Say no to armed robbery no matter what the economy becomes.

1 Like

Re: Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery by ddim22: 10:22am On Oct 12, 2012
flexshop: Nigerians mEhn Robbery is a capital offence. Someone who comes to your house with a gun has the mind of killing you.and the last time I checked,attempted murder is equivalent to murder. Being a victim of armed robbers,gawd dat sentence is lenient.people must learn not to encourage brutal crimes in the name of human rights cos an armed robber will not read you your rights before pulling the trigger.smh
You are very correct.People should not support armed robbery and other crime because economy is hard.A crime is a crime and the law has punishment for every crime.

1 Like

Re: Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery by lise4realyahoo(f): 10:30am On Oct 12, 2012
God Help Us
Re: Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery by snowprince01(m): 11:10am On Oct 12, 2012
They definitely wil appeal.. There is knw way dey r going down by firing squad for such a crime nd since 2007.. Bullshit judgment..
Re: Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 12, 2012
2mch: People should stop entering peoples houses and terrorizing them. If you are hungry go and camp outside aso rock. Everyone is facing hard times these days. Face the people putting you in poverty. It is not only what is stolen, but the experience is life altering. In your selfishness, you change someone else's life for the worse. If you have two hands and two feet, go and find a job. Lazy, greedy things. See the poor man they are even robbing. These students again. It is only a matter of time before they kill.
u spoke d right thing, if u ar hungry and u ar not handicapped go and beg not stealing. They should die. If i steal and am caught plz i wont blame any1 if am killed including d uniport guys...rubbish
Re: Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery by Alltek(m): 12:10pm On Oct 12, 2012
[color=][/color][color=#990000][/color]...dis is aluuism...
Re: Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery by tomzman: 12:31pm On Oct 12, 2012
dartsidius7: weird..... the crime sounds like one of desperation. 30k and a couple of torch lights, and you get a firing squad. ridiculous bullcrap.
and i hate thieves.
Do not come online to display ignorance.The law is clear.When you go to someone's house with guns and other dangerous weapons to rob and you are caught the penalty is death.It is called armed robbery and it carries the same weight as attempted murder or even murder itself.The penalty is death.Understood?
Re: Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery by tomzman: 12:35pm On Oct 12, 2012
Imoy: i tink its high time we match in d street and protest for this students. The judge is so in human, if it were a case of a politician stealing billions of naira, i'm too sure she wunt pass that kind of judgement base on what she myt have recievd as bribe.
Do you know the meaning of armed robbery?
Re: Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery by chyzzle: 12:41pm On Oct 12, 2012
What is touch light and nonsense Nokia 1600 and rubbish 12,700 that the foolish judge won't to take their life for...the money stolen by James IBORI who sentenced him to death by hanging or firing squard? How are u sure he didnt kill people in the process to cover his crime? Was he not jailed? What is this country turning into? Is it because those boyz dont have the money to bribe the foolish judge that's why he/she is sentencing them Abi? God will judge all of you wicked people in this country.....why will matured boyz Rob for that peenut if they hard any options? Mteeeechw
Re: Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery by Venchy: 1:36pm On Oct 12, 2012
COOLDUN:

People like you are the problems of this country today; you want the court to dump the country's constitution because of you and your armed robbers right? Do you know how many people that have fallen victims to those armed robbers? It is only when a thief is caught in Nigeria he will beg that it was his first day in the act; secondly that it is a handi work of devil. Nigeria has a penalty for armed robbery and whosoever that is caught on the act and proofed beyond reasonable doubt that he/she committed the armed robbery must be punished according by the law. No matter who, and how highly placed he/she might be. If they really committed the crime then they must be killed as the law permits. You better use that your much wealth to educate people more on the danger and consequences of crimes mostly violent ones like, Armed robbery, Kidnapping, Terrorism, Ritualism, Looting of public funds. Doing this will make a very big changes and impact on the Nigeria society , but your comments on this matter shows that you are calling for anarchy in the country. Where there is no law, there will be no peace and tranquility. They must die if they committed the crime simple.

Can I ask one question.....Is there no more prison sentence other than FIRING SQUAD ?

I must stress that this is an outdated law and it shows what fucking RULE OF LAW WE HAVE and how it favours THE BIG FAT CAT that steals Nigerians money.

There's one rule for the rouge politicians and another for ordinary people...or have you forgotten about BANKOLE ,IBB ,ABACHA's family etc, those are the people that deserve firing squad not the hungry ones that have been deprived and no job.
Re: Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery by undauntedqueen: 3:41pm On Oct 12, 2012
what exactly is going on in this country? Why is the killing of youths of tomorrow the order of the day in this country. Mr/Mrs Judge, who are you? Can you beat your chest and declare that you are free of any crime. Every day we hear news of bloody thieves who call themselves our leaders in this country yet you have not executed any.To escape the wrath of God set those young men free.

If they have something worth doing for a living they will not steal. I am not begging you but demanding the release of those boys.
Right under your nose you have thieves, who are responsible for the menace going on in this nation. fish them out and sentence them to death, they are the one that deserve to die.
Re: Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 12, 2012
Guys letz not be rumbling were der's no wave, watz d penalty 4 any1 dat forcefully acquire some other persons belongings with arms? answer that first. Though our country's judicial and law enforcement system is obsolete as regards 2 d modern system but still defaulters shouldn't feign ignorance of what they are embarking on. Most of you guys haven't fallen victims to such things ie y itz easy 4 u 2 condole such events. The prisons itself don't have adequate provisions for their inmate rehabilitation when they are out or a sort of assessment to check if the person's behaviour was actually reformed, so u see most of this criminals after serving still go into that same crime for which they were jailed. For example one guy I know was recently released from the prison after serving for 2 years and two days after that he shot two other guys during dat cult war in enugu. So now tell me if that guy was eliminated at first would the two people he eliminated wouldn't be existing?
Re: Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery by skeendyke: 6:06pm On Oct 12, 2012
I read some disdainful comments made by some folks here and felt nothing but a pang of pity for their ignorance. Those folks who cite the financial crimes of politicians who loot our treasury daily should not forget that they are alive, hale and hearty to protest or seek redress if they will. Many politicians hav come and gone, stolen from the national purse but never to our physical detriment was it done. Those folks who say the Judge is callous, wicked etcetera hav only displayed shallow thinking. May be you have not had any experience with ARMED ROBBERS and not just robbers (I pray you don't ever have it) thats why you show misguided indignation at the Judge and his sentence. I protested with very great anger against the Aluu4 killings. Their murder was rash, callous, unjustified and wicked. Even if they stole (it was alleged which means they did not commit the crime) the items, the fact that they werent even armed should have been considered by their brutal assailants (may their souls rest in perfect peace). However, as regards armed robbery with matchet or guns or knives or clubs, any thief is deserving of his punishment. You well know how armed robbers mercilessly kill or maim or injure people in their operation. At egbeda, a gang of thieves inflicted deep matchet cuts on the backs, heads and shoulders of tenants of a household for not possessing anything worth stealing...how devilish. The tenants are even lucky to be alive to narrate their ordeal for there are thousands lying in their graves as we speak who went through similar experience or worse but did not make it out alive. Many of you just opened your mouths to condemn the judge for sentencing them to death but fail to recognise the fact that the victim of that armed robbery (or any) could be you or anyone. There are a million valid arguments in favour of death sentence to ARMED ROBBERS and not mere robbers and those arguments have nothing to do with corrupt politicians who loot the treasury. The politicians did not forcefuly dispossess you of your hard earned money at gun point, they did not RAPE a member of your family while stealing, they did not slash or make fatal cuts on your body or kill you while attempting to steal, you only heard they stole but it doesnt affect you emotionally, physically, mentally, and psychologically as armed robbery affects its victims. Death to Armed Robbers who hav sworn this country and its cities will not dwell in peace and safety.
Re: Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery by skeendyke: 6:18pm On Oct 12, 2012
Where it read 'molestation' in my statement, it was 'rape' I wrote but the moderator replaced d original word wit 'molestation' though I modified it.
Re: Two Students To Die By Firing Squad For Robbery by flexshop(m): 11:32pm On Oct 12, 2012
Venchy:

Can I ask one question.....Is there no more prison sentence other than FIRING SQUAD ?

I must stress that this is an outdated law and it shows what fucking RULE OF LAW WE HAVE and how it favours THE BIG FAT CAT that steals Nigerians money.

There's one rule for the rouge politicians and another for ordinary people...or have you forgotten about BANKOLE ,IBB ,ABACHA's family etc, those are the people that deserve firing squad not the hungry ones that have been deprived and no job.

Even in the US,the death penalty is not extinct just modified. I hate armed robbers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Two Nigerians, 17 Others Arrested In Malaysia Over Romance Scam Of $19 Million / Fresh Graduate And Intending Corper Among Those Shot By Policeman In Imo. PICS / Ex-Airforce Officer Who Sells Military Uniform To Notorious Bandit Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.