Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Is Marriage An Achievement? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Marriage An Achievement? (18571 Views)

Is Marriage A Measure Of Success In Life? / Is A Child's Education An Achievement To Parents Or Their Responsibility? / Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by Rooneyboy(m): 11:39am On Oct 12, 2012
Orikinla: [size=28pt]ONLY FOOLS WILL CALL MARRIAGE AN ACHIEVEMENT WHEN EVEN DUMMIES MARRY AND HAVE BEEN BREEDING THE DUMMIES INCREASING THE LIABILITIES OF THE SOCIETY.[/size]

True talk bro,
All they are breeding are nothing but crooks.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by joanana(f): 11:40am On Oct 12, 2012
obadiah777: its a prison sentence

Its not a prison, u either choose to stay or leave. Please change ur ideology , its not a prison, it a commitment made for life. It is wise to Pray n ask God for direction.

To some it is an achievement, to others its just a phase in life. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by Rooneyboy(m): 11:42am On Oct 12, 2012
agiboma: NO.

This coming from a lady make me to wonder.
Are u a divorcee ?
Or does ur husband beat u @ home ?
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by Anvaller: 11:46am On Oct 12, 2012
Marriage on its own isn't an achievement but it could be an achievement in a society where it is deemed to be so e.g Nigeria but that is crap. U can only attribute a certain achievement to marriage if such was what you would never have achieved if u were never married to your spouse. But to single out marriage alone as an achievement is crass nonsense when u do not have to pass an exam or cross any breathe taking hurdle for u to get married. Just anyone can get married.
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 12, 2012
Marriage is an achievement. When you have money and you are lonely, then you will know marriage to be an achievement. A happy marriage is the greatest achievement in life.

Moreover, this question is coming from someone who is buying time for his/her inability to have met a benchmark of success which he/she considers a must before marriage. Its easy to see your situation.

God himself instituted marriage in the garden of Eden when he saw the harrowing loneliness that Adam was passing through. So who are you to question God's institution

The quality of humanbeings we have today are determined by the quality of their parents' marriages.
Investigate.
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by Ezeufi: 11:46am On Oct 12, 2012
Well, it guarantees you seeex anytime you want it (appart from the time when she is taking her leakage periods of the month of course). I think having not to worry about when will I get laid next is one of the biggest achievement a man can have.
Im not sure if it feels the same for ladies
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 12, 2012
People who say Marriage is an achievement do not know the meaning of achievement. Anyone can get married so marriage is never and will never be an achievement.

4 Likes

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by Kslib(m): 11:59am On Oct 12, 2012
Ezeufi: Well, it guarantees you seeex anytime you want it (appart from the time when she is taking her leakage periods of the month of course). I think having not to worry about when will I get laid next is one of the biggest achievement a man can have.
Im not sure if it feels the same for ladies
**widens eyeballs**.... Omo you funny die..
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by Kslib(m): 12:00pm On Oct 12, 2012
Double post.. Why my post dey double im self na?
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by mallorca(m): 12:03pm On Oct 12, 2012
k2039: A good marriage is an achievement
seconded
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by Anvaller: 12:05pm On Oct 12, 2012
okpara ugo: Marriage is an achievement. When you have money and you are lonely, then you will know marriage to be an achievement. A happy marriage is the greatest achievement in life.

Moreover, this question is coming from someone who is buying time for his/her inability to have met a benchmark of success which he/she considers a must before marriage. Its easy to see your situation.

God himself instituted marriage in the garden of Eden when he saw the harrowing loneliness that Adam was passing through. So who are you to question God's institution

The quality of humanbeings we have today are determined by the quality of their parents' marriages.
Investigate.

It is unfortunate that as soon as ppl draw religious perspective to an issue, they end up more confused rather than better comprehend the situation. If God as an entity instituted marriage as u have understood, is it not awkward that u then prefer to view marriage as an achievement rather than a religious obligation or spiritual obligation as it should be? Obligation and achievement is not the same thing is it?.

And then u said its an achievement when u have money!!! What is money before God? God would never have instituted marriage only to be enjoyed by the rich when we are all equal before him, ur understanding of God as an entity is grossly inconsistent.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 12, 2012
mallorca:
seconded
If you believe that, then you can believe anything. Do you know the meaning of achievement ? Can you set 'Marriage' as your goal in life ? Marriage is never an achievement. Just as divorce is not an achievement. Even beggars are married, even cripples.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 12, 2012
Rooneyboy:
mr brownjay , something tells me u are way above 45 and not yet married.
I have been observing u comments for over two years now.

so you have been checking me for +2yrs and dont know how old i am, while i have said it countless of times on NL? MBJ is in his late 30s!
as for marriage, i do not believe in enslaving someone to be with me forever........ and with a common law partner, you get all the benefits of marriage, AND MORE, lol!

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by hardbody: 12:11pm On Oct 12, 2012
Ol boy, to carry human being like you put for house, change her name to your own, she begin dey produce juniors for you, you sef become manager of people especially that special breed called 'woman'. If you do all of these and keep maintaining them, then achievement can never be better defined. You can also achieve in other spheres of life, education, business, etc.
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by santafe(m): 12:12pm On Oct 12, 2012
Yes. It is an achievement. imo
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 12, 2012
Most people who believe that Marriage is an achievement are losers who find what to grasps on in their illusion and emptiness. Marriage is a natural union that anyone, yes anyone will and can attain. IT IS NOT AN ACHIEVEMENT AND WILL NEVER BE! Cos its not a life's goal, its not ambition. Can anyone say, my destiny in life is to get married ? Yes, Only an I-D-I-O-T!

3 Likes

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by karpentar: 12:18pm On Oct 12, 2012
Marriage is more of an achievement for the "bread eater" than the "bread winner".
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by Freiburger(m): 12:22pm On Oct 12, 2012
I think being able to fufil your reason of marrying and its obligations should be seen as an achievement.
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 12, 2012
Freiburger: I think being able to fufil the your reason of marrying and its obligations should be seen as an achievement.
And if Divorces knocks on the door one loses the achievement ? LOL....
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by Freiburger(m): 12:26pm On Oct 12, 2012
It is one thing to get married and a complete different thing when it comes to meeting up with its obligations. I think if you have it all in life and the Mrs is still missing, people will start smelling a dead rat around you.
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 12, 2012
Rooneyboy:

mr brownjay , something tells me u are way above 45 and not yet married.
I have been observing u comments for over two years now.

hahaha ... u wicked
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by maxygirl(f): 12:27pm On Oct 12, 2012
I was just discussing this issue with a colleague this morning- i entered a married couple's vehicle yesterday and they started devotion- next thing they are giving example of 2 single ladies with one believing God for a husband and getting married; the other one on the other hand, not having enough faith so she remains unmarried.
I asked myself if i was not in that vehicle, would that example have come into play. Does being married make you happier? I have a lot of married couples as friends and from what i can see, marriage is not as rosy as people pretend it to be. So what is the hullabaloo about marriage?

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by braine(m): 12:30pm On Oct 12, 2012
Johndoe100:

Yes, marriage is an achievement. As you are not married and have achieved nothing, you are a double failure.

That was harsh o. But how are you sure he hasn't achieved anything? + I don't think marriage is important talkless of being an achievement.
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by AB10(m): 12:32pm On Oct 12, 2012
Yeah, if it's a good model for younger generations.
Many people have failed in marriage, so it's from this view too.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by JubalTheophilus: 12:36pm On Oct 12, 2012
[color=#006600][/color] This is not a discussion 4 debate . We all know what d bible say "He who finds a wife finds a good thing & obtains favour from the Lord" what cld b equalled to Oluwa's favour ? nothing ! But i'd rather get married when am comfortable enough so i can afford 2 give d babe all material things in life or most , but if d bar no show my guys make u na dive in2 d matter wif any lady whos ready to get down .
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by troy20(m): 12:37pm On Oct 12, 2012
well marriage is not neccessarily a achievement 4 a man whether 'good' or bad.it is more of an achievment 4 d women.if a man can deep his hands in his pocket n pull out some cash 2 buy a beer den he cant look his peer in d eye weda married or not
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by Kx: 12:41pm On Oct 12, 2012
[size=13pt]How is marriage an achievement?

Are u saying reverend fathers, sisters,monks and other "callings" that demand celibacy are under achievers?[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by reeeT(f): 12:41pm On Oct 12, 2012
In África,marriage is an achievement.to me as a woman,marriage is not an achievement because d rate of hw young inexperienced,immature and desperate people get married just for the sake of d word #achievement#

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by Adanyebe(m): 12:43pm On Oct 12, 2012
MARRIAGE IS NOT AN ACHIEVEMENT BUT WHAT COMES OUT OF IT THAT DETERMINES ITS ACHIEVEMENT
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by Nosenomo: 12:45pm On Oct 12, 2012
what could be an achievement as marriage,anyone that reach the age of marriage and is not married is being regarded as irresponsible.
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by Sealeddeal(m): 12:58pm On Oct 12, 2012
Provided you want to marry,it is an achievement.
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement? by venorite(m): 1:01pm On Oct 12, 2012
Emmaville:
my dear, life is a personal fin. there is no yardstick for marriage age or anitin. inshort there are no parameters for achievements, marriage, success, money, or being made. its al a personal fin. wat eva u call achievement is a personal fin. so life is totally subjective, depending on your frame of reference. so its an achievement for some. while d criteria u re trying to put b4 it, is immaterial. moreover, wat is d tin dey re suposed to achieve dat u re stressing abt? wat abt dose dat hav achieved dis ur yardstick dat re nt yet married? wat do u hav to say abt dem? for instance 2_face is not married, does dat mean dat he has nt achieved? #thumbsup
tuface is married to annie macaulauy,stop looking for trouble

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ten (10) Ways That Helps To Uphold Dignity In The Society / Lagos Judge Sent Lawyer To Prison For Chasing Wife With Cutlass (pic) / Should Micheal Essien (of Chelsea FC) Support His Father More?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.