Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,504 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... (7101 Views)

There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! / Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 / Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 12, 2012
DonalĂ° Genes: The million dollar question is,when will we have this same thing come 2015..am kinda curious!

In Nigeria? Amen.
Re: Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... by violent(m): 1:07pm On Oct 12, 2012
thelastPope:

The key to winning dabates is moderation. A little bit of everything is ok. But leaning too much to one directiono style is bad way to debate. Romney attacked Obama but was not disrespectful. Biden was. He interrupted Ryan over 20 times and kept laughing as if he was mocking him. It didnt sit well with many voters except democrats of course. Even Piers Morgan believed Biden won but acknowledged that the smirking was wrong and said he believed people didnt like it.

So the times Romney interrupted Obama and how he kept a smirk on his face was not considered Rude.

But Biden was considered rude to have returned the same gestures? How balanced you say?

It's a debate, most people are looking out for someone with a strong personality. If Biden had shown the slightest signs of weakness and lacklustre as Obama, he would have been eaten live along with his grey hair by Ryan!

Rules of a fight: Get in there, fight with all you can, take no prisoners!...Biden did just that and for all it's worth, it helped put back some aggression into the downward spiral Obama's campaign had experienced since the first debate.
Re: Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... by thelastPope(m): 1:19pm On Oct 12, 2012
violent:

So the times Romney interrupted Obama and how he kept a smirk on his face was not considered Rude.

But Biden was considered rude to have returned the same gestures? How balanced you say?

It's a debate, most people are looking out for someone with a strong personality. If Biden had shown the slightest signs of weakness and lacklustre as Obama, he would have been eaten live along with his grey hair by Ryan!

Rules of a fight: Get in there, fight with all you can, take no prisoners!...Biden did just that and for all it's worth, it helped put back some aggression into the downward spiral Obama's campaign had experienced since the first debate.

romney didnt do it throughout the debate. Like I said, Biden was better in the debate. am just stating why Ryan won the CNN polls. You can check out the comments of Piers Morgan, who actually gave it to Biden. You are right to say he has helped the Obama downward spiral. But that is more with giving fire to the dems than winning undecideds. But it is a good start
Re: Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... by SkyBlue1: 1:29pm On Oct 12, 2012
thelastPope:

Follow the trend online. There has been a lot of fact checking since the debate. Ryan was mostly correct. Biden was mostly wrong. But he was a better debater than Ryan. The laughing thing spoilt his dominance

Park your bias to the side for a moment, they BOTH did it:
http://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-slips-vice-presidents-debate-023354584--election.html

Don't let those big eyes and innocent face fool you.

thelastPope:

romney didnt do it throughout the debate. Like I said, Biden was better in the debate. am just stating why Ryan won the CNN polls. You can check out the comments of Piers Morgan, who actually gave it to Biden. You are right to say he has helped the Obama downward spiral. But that is more with giving fire to the dems than winning undecideds. But it is a good start

And Romney interrupted Obama AND the guy chairing it THROUGHOUT the debate. The irony is, I actually liked Obama's approach to the debate. It seemed honest and open to a discussion. It wasn't about POINT SCORING. But Romney wasn't interested in that, he went into it with an agenda to score as many points as possible and Americans liked that. So Obama has now learnt that for the next one he should do the same. And sadly, Americans can't see that they will always remain the losers in all that point scoring, cheap politricking and cat fighting. I hate that part of the political process, and perhaps that is why I wouldn't easily fall into politics. I don't see everything as an opportunity to take shots, score points and be partisan, especially not at the expense of an HONEST discourse.

1 Like

Re: Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... by Freddieyankee(m): 2:19pm On Oct 12, 2012
Roland17: Ryan has had two cup refills of water, he is cringing desperately, Biden is definitely miles ahead here.

The guy was drinking water like his got thunderbolt lmao
Re: Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... by TayoD1(m): 2:33pm On Oct 12, 2012
@topic,

I agree that Joe Biden didn't do himself a lot of good with the interruptions and antics. While some will claim Mitt did same to Obama, it is clear that Mitt must have been more tactful because he didn't come across to anyone as rude and obnoxious, Biden did.

The funniest thing to me was when Biden looked in the camera and asked millions of Americans "who do you trust?" A couple of breadths later, he looked in the same camera and told Americans he never voted to send our troops to Iraq and Afghanistan, which were verifiable lies. Talk about increasing trust deficits.
Re: Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... by CyberG: 2:40pm On Oct 12, 2012
ogugua88: Joe won hands down. Ryan is more hypocritical than Romney. At least Romney's hypocrisy is by mouth. I've been saying since forever that Ryan demanded for stimulus funds twice, so I was jumping when Joe and Martha got him to confess it on national tv yet again. And then for him to say "oh heavens, yes!" to the question, "should the US apologize for the Quran burnings?" was hilarious, considering that Mitt Romney has a book entitled No Apologies, in reference to the stance the US should take on foreign policy. I do not blame Joe "Biceps" for laughing at that pigeon-eyed dehydrated clown. #TeamObama

OMG....you're smart as a whip! smiley
Re: Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... by Bossman(m): 2:53pm On Oct 12, 2012
Can't believe any jack poll CNN is showing! They have been leaning more Republican lately. They did mention that their sample used for the poll did have more Republicans anyway.
Re: Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... by violent(m): 3:16pm On Oct 12, 2012
Tayo-D:
@topic,

I agree that Joe Biden didn't do himself a lot of good with the interruptions and antics. While some will claim Mitt did same to Obama, it is clear that Mitt must have been more tactful because he didn't come across to anyone as rude and obnoxious, Biden did.

The funniest thing to me was when Biden looked in the camera and asked millions of Americans "who do you trust?" A couple of breadths later, he looked in the same camera and told Americans he never voted to send our troops to Iraq and Afghanistan, which were verifiable lies. Talk about increasing trust deficits.

With all due respect, this is just a bunch of malarkey!

He didn't come across as rude and obnoxious to me!...he presented himself armed with straight dead on facts!
Re: Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 12, 2012
Interesting Debate -- Iran taking the whole Day #Phew#
Re: Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... by CommonS(f): 3:59pm On Oct 12, 2012
Independent/Undecided voters are always very confused; "Obama was too polite, Biden was too rude", so where do you draw the line ?

Biden was his normal self and did what he was supposed to do, attack and make sure Ryan doesn't get away with any lies like Romney did.

I was puzzled by the CNN polls myself, I thought it was a clear victory for Biden as he countered almost everything Ryan said and told the real facts.
Re: Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 12, 2012
CyberG: OMG....you're smart as a whip! smiley

Lol thanks smiley

CFCfan: Which college/university do you attend?

CSU Sacramento.
Re: Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... by Mafious(m): 4:21pm On Oct 12, 2012
First of all CNN is Pro-Democrat, it belongs to Ted Turner always has been always will be.

The real question is how come Ryan won when Biden did a far better job and was far more articulate and
precise?

Biden gave a speech a while ago and after the speech he forgot his mic was not turned up he goes to Mr Obama
and says you know we'll do this our F**king way in the end. (He lied to people).

Obama had a press Conference with Medviedev the Russian President, he to forgot his mic was still on after
the whole show the leans over and says to his Russian counterpart "Tell Valdimair that in my second term I'd
have more flexibility". (He to lied to people)

When Biden was asked about it latter he said "Sometimes words roll out of the mouth not the way you intended"

Ryan killed him my saying "we all know that Sometimes words roll out of the mouth of Mr Biden not the way he intendeds"
That was the only time the audience laughed.

Lesson Ryan discredited Biden so no matter what he said it did not count.
Clarity of Ideas: Biden
Mud slinging: Ryan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 12, 2012
Ignore the polls! The only ones that matter are on November 6th cool
Re: Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 12, 2012
Mafious: First of all CNN is Pro-Democrat, it belongs to Ted Turner always has been always will be.

The real question is how come Ryan won when Biden did a far better job and was far more articulate and
precise?

Biden gave a speech a while ago and after the speech he forgot his mic was not turned up he goes to Mr Obama
and says you know we'll do this our F**king way in the end. (He lied to people).

Obama had a press Conference with Medviedev the Russian President, he to forgot his mic was still on after
the whole show the leans over and says to his Russian counterpart "Tell Valdimair that in my second term I'd
have more flexibility". (He to lied to people)

When Biden was asked about it latter he said "Sometimes words roll out of the mouth not the way you intended"

Ryan killed him my saying "we all know that Sometimes words roll out of the mouth of Mr Biden not the way he intendeds"
That was the only time the audience laughed.

Lesson Ryan discredited Biden so no matter what he said it did not count.
Clarity of Ideas: Biden
Mud slinging: Ryan.

Ryan did not win that debate. The poll done after the debate is usually open to such a small population of the public. It's simply to stir the entire event in my opinion.

Ryan did not kill him with the bolded comment. It wasn't anything political. It wasn't something Americans didn't already know. It was a dig at his personality. It's a shame that Ryan's most talked-about comment was a side jab lol.

Paul Ryan is part of the reason that congress has such a low approval rating. He is a useless congressman and a typical anti-Obama Republican. Any and every bill that comes their way, he is the one to oppose it. As aforementioned, he was one of the most vocal against the stimulus package yet slyly demanded stimulus twice after the bill had passed.

At every turn, he mentioned having "bipartisan" support. Mularky! Paul Ryan's definition of bipartisanship is having one or two democrats behind him. He's deceiving himself. Unfortunately for him, I remember how he was prior to his being chosen as the VP candidate. His views are extreme and, like Romney, refuses to give details to any of their plans. I'm not interested.
Re: Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... by Seun(m): 4:34pm On Oct 12, 2012
I enjoyed it much better than the presidential debate. They went into details and challenged each others' lies very well, unlike Obama and Romney.
Re: Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... by KayDee4: 4:35pm On Oct 12, 2012
Erin Burnett gathered some confused looking people outside and they gave their "confused sounding" opinions and judgements based on things like, Biden's interruptions. The polls must have come from there. grin grin
Re: Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 12, 2012
Seun, I'm not exactly sure what President Obama's strategy was last week. I'm still disappointed. It seems as if everyone has been rallying for him though. Biden had to do some makeup work last night. President Clinton's going around the country hyping the democratic base once again. Obama really messed up lol.
Re: Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... by KayDee4: 4:39pm On Oct 12, 2012
On Syria, what would you do differently from what is currently being done, if you wont be putting troops on the ground ?

I was listening for a solution in stark contrast to what the administration is already doing since Romney has been attacking Obama on this.
Ryan : *stammer* *stammer* *stammer* *stammer* blah blah, " we will not call Assad a reformer like Obama did" (BIG LIE) *stammer* *stammer* ; in the end nothing new. grin grin
Re: Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 12, 2012
Kay-Dee:
Erin Burnett gathered some confused looking people outside and they were gave their "confused sounding" opinions and judgements based on things like, Biden's interruptions. The polls must have come from there. grin grin

Undecided voters are the most confused breed of voters one can find. They watch "Real Housewives of New York" and "Breaking Bad" all year, and then come one or two months before the elections, they're trying to play catch up. Like someone said, last week, Romney was "assertive". Yesterday, Biden was "rude" and "bizarre".

How one can decide his or her mind after a 90-min debate is baffling. Last week people were jumping on Team Romney's ship because of his performance. His 90-min act can never and will never equate to President Obama's decision to send troops into Osama bin Laden's home, or his saving of the auto industry, or the passing of the Affordable Care Act, or the signing of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Never in a million years.

There is highway construction going on all over California. Sacramento is known for having some of the worst roads in the nation. Every single of the major highways here are under reconstruction somewhere, and they all have the "Paid for by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act" sign next to them. That's stimulus money. That's what Mitt Romney and other republicans condemned. That's what Paul Ryan opposed and then later demanded his own share lol. The choice is so clear.

1 Like

Re: Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... by KayDee4: 4:42pm On Oct 12, 2012
ogugua88: Seun, I'm not exactly sure what President Obama's strategy was last week. I'm still disappointed. It seems as if everyone has been rallying for him though. Biden had to do some makeup work last night. President Clinton's going around the country hyping the democratic base once again. Obama really messed up lol.

Everybody was disappointed. You should have seen Chris Matthews go red in the face that night and yelling like he was Obama's pop. grin grin

I'm sure he's gearing up with a new approach for next week's.
Re: Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... by outseba(m): 5:07pm On Oct 12, 2012
thelastPope:

Follow the trend online. There has been a lot of fact checking since the debate. Ryan was mostly correct. Biden was mostly wrong. But he was a better debater than Ryan. The laughing thing spoilt his dominance
dnt agree wit u,of d 4 reality checks I watched,Ryan had 2 falses...den Biden 1 false and 1 misguided comment...infact I think Ryan had d misguided comment self
Re: Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... by princeonx: 6:00pm On Oct 12, 2012
ogugua88: Ignore the polls! The only ones that matter are on November 6th cool
That's right! And it's Obama/Biden all the way for me!
Re: Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... by kobikwelu(m): 6:14pm On Oct 12, 2012
who cares!! the aim of biden was to stem the tide in favor of Obama...and he did just that!!!

No one votes in the election for the vice-president..
Biden went in for a misson and he delivered-which was to call out ryan and dominate the discussion!!!

Next week's debate is what matters..
the president now has some leg-room to effectively go after romney...

OMO WATCH OUT FOR PART 2
Re: Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... by SkyBlue1: 6:15pm On Oct 12, 2012
Kay-Dee:
On Syria, what would you do differently from what is currently being done, if you wont be putting troops on the ground ?

I was listening for a solution in stark contrast to what the administration is already doing since Romney has been attacking Obama on this.
Ryan : *stammer* *stammer* *stammer* *stammer* blah blah, " we will not call Assad a reformer like Obama did" (BIG LIE) *stammer* *stammer* ; in the end nothing new. grin grin

So happy I am not the only one who picked up on that. At the end of all that the only thing he could come out with WAS a lie. Obama administration did not call Assad a reformer. People just fall too easily for that innocent looking face. That is why I was more disappointed with Ryan, he was looking so innocent and LYING through his teeth - your TYPICAL politician, he will kill you and smile while doing it. If only Ron Paul was running.
Re: Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... by mamagee3(f): 6:31pm On Oct 12, 2012
Bidden won the debate

I don't know who continus to mess up these polls
Re: Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... by KayDee4: 6:39pm On Oct 12, 2012
ogugua88: Ignore the polls! The only ones that matter are on November 6th cool

Sometimes the polls count; the problematic undecided independents always love to go with the crowd. They rally behind whoever they think is winning.
Re: Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... by violent(m): 7:07pm On Oct 12, 2012
Who wants to place a bet that Obama is still very likely to "fall hand" at the next debate?

The dude doesn't just have enough gravel in his guts nor some spit in the eye like the types of Biden and Romney!
Re: Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 12, 2012
Kay-Dee:

Sometimes the polls count; the problematic undecided independents always love to go with the crowd. They rally behind whoever they think is winning.

I learned my lesson in 2000. I don't fret over polls until Election Day lol.
Re: Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... by johnson11(m): 7:37pm On Oct 12, 2012
violent:
Who wants to place a bet that Obama is still very likely to "fall hand" at the next debate?

The dude doesn't just have enough gravel in his guts nor some spit in the eye like the types of Biden and Romney!

Then he will joined Jimmy Carter as one of the worst President as Republican always say.
The problem with Obama is he try to give a long answer by doing that he bluff and rambling a lot.
Re: Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... by Seun(m): 8:30pm On Oct 12, 2012
ogugua88: Seun, I'm not exactly sure what President Obama's strategy was last week. I'm still disappointed. It seems as if everyone has been rallying for him though. Biden had to do some makeup work last night. President Clinton's going around the country hyping the democratic base once again. Obama really messed up lol.
Like most disasters, Obama's performance in the 1st debate had many unfortunate contributing factors:
(1) He was very tired that night, after a busy and probably stressful day.
(2) He was not prepared for the on-the-spot transformation of Romney's platform.
(3) His low-key strategy to avoid the "angry black man" stereotype made him look clueless against Romney's dishonest tactics.
(4) He hasn't had enough debate practice lately. Romney was in debates for months, fighting to win the Republican nomination. Obama only had to give speeches to his supporters, essentially preaching to the choir.
Re: Biden Vs Ryan: Vice Presidential Debate In America... by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 12, 2012
@ Seun: You're spot on with Obama's tiredness; he also had plans for his wedding anniversary that day. I believe Obama will come out smoking on Tuesday.
@ Ogugua: We are both CSU students because I go to CSU San Marcos.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If Ghadaffi Had Been A Nigerian / Why The U.S. Is Afraid Of Iran / The Xenophobes Of South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.