Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Can There Be Love Without Money? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can There Be Love Without Money? (15073 Views)

5 Ways To Make Love (without Having Sex) / Sustaining Relationships Without Money / Is There Really Love Without Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 13, 2012
buzu84: Hi Pips,
I just had a funny discussion with my colleagues, Money and Love....people are saying in this age it's Money that oils the love, if you've got no money you are jonzing....and i quite agree though.....even the poor man that pushes a wheelbarrow still tries to take care of his partner with the little he makes. so my take is it's difficult to get love without money.
make i make this clear to u.
in naija even when love no dey with money u can buy the love the same way u dey buy ur boxers for onitsha market grin.if the babe find u irritation and she dislike u wit ur money she go instantly fall in love with u and become ur all in all.yess na money dey make the relationship work and na money dey make the world go round.my brother money na power cool
Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by shevon: 7:41am On Oct 14, 2012
carefreewannabe: you cannot buy love with money. you can buy a woman but not love.
if a woman truly loves you, she'll also love you when you're broke.
if she loves your money then test what happens when it's gone wink

but many guys don't mind.

I am a living withness to that. I'm an Igbo guy dating (and now married to a yoruba woman) I used to work with a financial institution now swallowed up by another; when the going was good and I was with her, I thought it was just the money but, at some point I lost the job and had to settle for one that pays me about 40% of what I used to earn (which was not even enough to fuel my car and pay my bills). She stayed with me and helped me all the way. I got my old job back again after a couple of months and lost it (due to the last mergers in the financial sector) two years after and she was my backbone all the way. Because she so much believes in our love, we actually agreed to get married while I still didn't have a job and I've spent every little savings I had. That same month we agreed to get married, I got a job in another FI and the day after our marriage, I got another job in an Oil servicing firm.
Our own case might be different from what others are experiencing but, I believe there are countless women out there who are capable of looking beyond money and sticking with a man for love. All you just have to do is to be yourselfs and define your stands from the beginning. If it something you can manage, live with it; if not, don't put yourself through the stress and at the end of the day blame the woman and say she liked the money over you. Money can never buy love.
Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 14, 2012
sadly what most people on this thread fail to understand is that most NIGERIANS dont know what love is, and most are driven by the wrong things in life due to POVERTY........ here is a clue of what i am saying:
no matter how well you train your dog to never run accross the motorway, if that dog hasnt had food for a week, and a nice big plate of food is awaiting him on the other side of the motorway, then that dog WONT THINK CONSTRUCTIVELY AND WILL RUN ACCROSS THE MOTORWAY!

sadly, when it comes to love, most Nigerian are "running accross the motorway" due to POVERTY and greed.
in the REAL world, if a lady loves you, then it doesnt matter to her if you are an okada rider or a garbage collector, she will do so proudly because ALL HER BEING is being driven by her heart/emotion (because feeding has never been a problem in her life)......something that most Nigerians cannot do because all their being is driven by MONEY, in order to feed/clothe/value themselves. (yes i also wrote value themselves because most Nigerians dont see the value of people unless that person has money/possessions.)

as someone said before, you need some MONEY to be alive (or guardian who have some money), thats the basis of LIFE, and everyone should have understood by now that even if a person loves you, there are some things in their life that are MORE IMPORTANT than love.
....so if you meet a lady that hasnt got any money to buy herself the necessities of life then she is already "dead" inside and i suggest you stay away from her. if anyone foolishly decide to date a dead woman (aka zombie) then that person must understand that the zombie will SOLELY be concerned in getting the necessities of life that they lacks. normally such zombie should be ok with having a half plate of rice, if that is what you could offer, but we all know about the greediness of people in poverty. they dont dream of having half a plate of rice, they dream of having 3 plates of rice, from the get go! (invite one in Mr Biggs and see how she will order everything on the menu)

what i am trying to say is that you have to have everything in order IN YOUR LIFE, before you can talk of love. if there are living problems, low self esteem problems, weave problems, BB problems etc, then there cannot be any talks of LOVE, as the problem will supersede anything you may have with this person. if that person had no "problems" as the one i cited above, then a man wouldnt need to have any EXTRA money in order to sustain REAL love with her, because the money he would use for MYSELF, could be shared for the two of them. i can already hear y'all say WTF, so let me explain further:
- if a man only has money to feed himself, then he buys his usual ONE plate of rice, and he and the girl will share it. THAT IS LOVE!
- if a man only has money for his transport, then instead of buying the ticket, they happily walk hand in hand to the destination. THAT IS LOVE!
- if a woman decides to dump a man because he couldnt buy her weave/BB etc (aka get her out of her zombie state), THAT IS NOT LOVE!

the fact that most poverty striken people in NIgeria believe that love is solely about taking them out of their state of poverty, is where the problem lay. i know that it is not easy to love on an empty stomach, but the important point here is that IF YOUR EMPTY STOMACH (OR CLOSET) IS THE DRIVING FORCE BEHIND WHO YOU LOVE; THEN THIS IS NOT LOVE!

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by joe4christ(m): 2:46pm On Oct 14, 2012
[size=15pt] Yes, it's very possible, but the question is, for how long [/size]
Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by moodwan: 5:47pm On Oct 14, 2012
with money you can express and demonstrate your love better.
Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by moodwan: 5:51pm On Oct 14, 2012
there is a saying that goes thus "who ever says money cant buy love doesnt know where to shop"

1 Like

Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 14, 2012
moodwan: with money you can express and demonstrate your love better.

are you therefore saying that without money, that same love would be any different?!

moodwan: there is a saying that goes thus "who ever says money cant buy love doesnt know where to shop"

there is a saying (from yours truly MBJ) that goes thus:" anyone who is shopping for love is getting robbed, unless he got it for free"
Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by claire190: 9:58pm On Oct 14, 2012
cry a woman's loyalty is determined wen his man hv nofin yl a man's dedicatn is well measured wen he hv everifin.dis is 2 say dat 2ru luv is best known wen dere is nofin 4 men cos wen dere is smtin every bodi wl claim 2 luv u.my man dnt spoil wt moni n our luv is not based on moni.my quest 4 materialism is no or little.luv can work witout money perfect.
Re: Can There Be Love Without Money? by Sohot: 10:55am On Jan 11, 2018
It's like having sex with a babe who can not get wet, dry and painful

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

please people should Be Marrying Ladies From The South West / Meet Lagos Big Girl, Roman, The Carrier Of The Biggest Cowbell Sack In Lagos / Bbnaija: Hot Photo Of Cindy Squeezing Mercy’s Massive Ass Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.