Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,724 members, 7,820,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Love Vs Religion - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Vs Religion (927 Views)

The Power Of Love Vs The Power Of Commitment / Love Vs Attraction & Infatuation. / Love Vs Dark Skin People. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Vs Religion by Ask4bigneyo(m): 9:56pm On Oct 12, 2012
There is dis old believe and it says...
Ladies don't have particular religion wen it cums to choosing of a life partner, dat dey(ladies) can marry either muslim or christain.
Guyz now hav upper hand dan ladies wen it cums to choosing of a life partner coz dey(ladies) will end up in practicing her hobby's religion irrespective of d religion she practiced b4 dia conjugal bliss...

I think LOVE matter most rather dan RELIGION or wat do u think?
Re: Love Vs Religion by Mynd44: 6:31am On Oct 13, 2012
What a waste
Re: Love Vs Religion by UmericanGirl(f): 6:35am On Oct 13, 2012
Depends on what the religion is... I would have to have a lot in common with a man to marry him if he were not in my religion. I would not convert to a mans religion, but - double standards - I would want the man to convert to mine :/
Re: Love Vs Religion by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 13, 2012
Religion first, so that your Love will be free of discombobulations and the unnecessary and childish "fight for what we have" nonsense in the future. . .

Use your brains and don't go about seeking love in a hopeless place.
Re: Love Vs Religion by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:38am On Oct 13, 2012
I would want the man to convert to mine :/ [/quote]

it is impossible...
Even his family will neva accept dat no matter d "gravity of love" you have for him....!
Re: Love Vs Religion by Mynd44: 7:41am On Oct 13, 2012
Ask4bigneyo: I would want the man to convert to mine :/

it is impossible...
Even his family will neva accept dat no matter d "gravity of love" you have for him....!
Stop living in the stone age. You expect the woman to change and you don't wanna change? Talk about double standard
Re: Love Vs Religion by UmericanGirl(f): 7:45am On Oct 13, 2012
Ask4bigneyo: I would want the man to convert to mine :/

it is impossible...
Thats exactly why I wouldnt marry based on love then.. Like I said, without the guy having my religion it would take having a LOT in common before I would marry.
Re: Love Vs Religion by Ask4bigneyo(m): 8:08am On Oct 13, 2012
UmericanGirl:
Thats exactly why I wouldnt marry based on love then.. Like I said, without the guy having my religion it would take having a LOT in common before I would marry.

Hummmn!

Religion first, and all other things follows...
Re: Love Vs Religion by Ask4bigneyo(m): 8:15am On Oct 13, 2012
Mynd_44:
Stop living in the stone age. You expect the woman to change and you don't wanna change? Talk about double standard

all i know is... Ladies do change their religion for dia love ones...shikenah!
Re: Love Vs Religion by Mynd44: 8:34am On Oct 13, 2012
Ask4bigneyo:

And guys don't?
SMH
Re: Love Vs Religion by Ask4bigneyo(m): 8:47am On Oct 13, 2012
Mynd_44:
And guys don't?
SMH

*WINKS*

it is better for ladies nt to marry outside their religion...!
Re: Love Vs Religion by Mynd44: 9:57am On Oct 13, 2012
Ask4bigneyo:

*WINKS*

it is better for ladies nt to marry outside their religion...!
You define the word SEXIST
Re: Love Vs Religion by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 13, 2012
sexkillz: Religion first, so that your Love will be free of discombobulations and the unnecessary and childish "fight for what we have" nonsense in the future. . .

Use your brains and don't go about seeking love in a hopeless place.

Nice response. OP, beware of falling in love in hopeless places cheesy
Re: Love Vs Religion by free2ryhme: 10:30am On Oct 13, 2012
There is dis old believe and it says...
Ladies don't have particular religion wen it cums to choosing of a life partner, dat dey(ladies) can marry either muslim or christain.
Guyz now hav upper hand dan ladies wen it cums to choosing of a life partner coz dey(ladies) will end up in practicing her hobby's religion irrespective of d religion she practiced b4 dia conjugal bliss...

I think LOVE matter most rather dan RELIGION or wat do u think?

guy, i think stupidity is your drive force ..
Re: Love Vs Religion by MyneWhite1(f): 10:35am On Oct 13, 2012
Re: Love Vs Religion by Ask4bigneyo(m): 11:01am On Oct 13, 2012
free2ryhme:

guy, i think stupidity is your drive force ..

U r jackass.... slowpoke! SMH

if u can't contribute to d thread, y can't u hold ur lips n stop typing rubish...!
Re: Love Vs Religion by UmericanGirl(f): 4:25pm On Oct 13, 2012
Ask4bigneyo:

They probably arent very tied to their religion then.
Re: Love Vs Religion by claremont(m): 4:31pm On Oct 13, 2012
Religion should have no role to play when it comes to a relationship between 2 human beings. I would argue that the strength of that relationship is measured by the degree to which it succeeds regardless of the religious affiliations of either party. Anyone who says that he/she cannot have a relationship with someone from a different religious affiliation is no different from a racist.
Re: Love Vs Religion by Mynd44: 4:47pm On Oct 13, 2012
^^
another truth
Re: Love Vs Religion by Ask4bigneyo(m): 6:43pm On Oct 13, 2012
claremont: Religion should have no role to play when it comes to a relationship between 2 human beings. I would argue that the strength of that relationship is measured by the degree to which it succeeds regardless of the religious affiliations of either party. Anyone who says that he/she cannot have a relationship with someone from a different religious affiliation is no different from a racist.

thanks for ur contribution....Bro!

Tell 'em more coz i don't think religion should be a barrier wen it cums matter lyk dis...
Re: Love Vs Religion by Ask4bigneyo(m): 6:51pm On Oct 13, 2012
UmericanGirl:

They probably arent very tied to their religion then.

we are talking about true LOVE here....
Re: Love Vs Religion by Ask4bigneyo(m): 6:53pm On Oct 13, 2012
Mynd_44: ^^
another truth

abi nah!
Diff ppl wit diff perspectives..
Re: Love Vs Religion by Ask4bigneyo(m): 6:54pm On Oct 13, 2012
Re: Love Vs Religion by UmericanGirl(f): 6:56pm On Oct 13, 2012
Ask4bigneyo:

we are talking about true LOVE here....

No love for a person should be greater than their love for God. wink

I think if a person is willing to convert to their partners religion then more power to them.
Re: Love Vs Religion by happy98: 7:04pm On Oct 13, 2012
religion matters in love.it has led to deaths.

be careful whom you date.
Re: Love Vs Religion by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:11pm On Oct 13, 2012
UmericanGirl:

No love for a person should be greater than their love for God. wink
does dat mean d two religion (xtian n mus) doesn't serve d same God or wat ?
I think if a person is willing to convert to their partners religion then more power to them.
Re: Love Vs Religion by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:15pm On Oct 13, 2012
@happy98, "it has lead to death.." could u pls shed more lyt on dis may b we can gain one or two tinz frm it..
Re: Love Vs Religion by happy98: 7:19pm On Oct 13, 2012
Ask4bigneyo: @happy98, "it has lead to death.." could u pls shed more lyt on dis may b we can gain one or two tinz frm it..

try dating/converting a muslim girl against her relative's wishes.
Re: Love Vs Religion by UmericanGirl(f): 7:26pm On Oct 13, 2012
Ask4bigneyo: @happy98, "it has lead to death.." could u pls shed more lyt on dis may b we can gain one or two tinz frm it..

First one.. Woman stoned for falling in love with man from other religion:
http://freethoughtblogs.com/taslima/2012/08/10/girls-around-the-world/
Re: Love Vs Religion by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 13, 2012
wanna change to his/her religion because u love him/her...?? more grace to ur elbow....all the best to u...
Re: Love Vs Religion by larrymoore(m): 7:46am On Oct 14, 2012
I dont advise marriage out side religion truism. Bt we shuld rather joke with d reality, ladies, due to their over stay n home bored end up marrying outside their faith, provided lv n carin ar assured, as 4 me larrymoore l go 4 any lady inrespective of faith. Wht do we regard as hopeless place? Hw do we assure dt our faith is salvatn gaurantee? Simple logic is nt d best rerequisite to judge a faith. Folks! Wise up! Dont be dogmatic!

(1) (Reply)

I Am Marrying Her Next Week. ... / She Needs Advice / Can Love Grow Over Time!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.