Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane (27859 Views)

LASTMA Officers Arrest Military,NSCDC Officers Driving On BRT Lane In Lagos(pics / Ambode's Monitoring Team Arrest Cars Plying BRT Lane (Photos) / Former Chief Justice’s Son Joins Terrorist Group ISIS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Connoisseur(m): 9:11am On Oct 13, 2012
There should be exemptions to some laws in cases of emergency. If it were to be the president....
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by stolenstone: 9:11am On Oct 13, 2012
first of all, we need to verify the publisher's claim, there's gotta be evidence or something, and if found to be true, the brave thing for her to do is to tender her resignation letter, why break the law that you swore to be the custodian of?

1 Like

Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Serendipity: 9:12am On Oct 13, 2012
virtuoso01: She of all people should know the time old principle of "Egalitante ad Juris" meaning no one is above the law and all are equal.

Abeg pay the fine joor.
And who taught you that "egalitate ad juris" means no one is above the law? What then does 'nemo est supra legis?
When men of low estate become pedagogues, ignorance rears its unsightly heads.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Serendipity: 9:12am On Oct 13, 2012
virtuoso01: She of all people should know the time old principle of "Egalitante ad Juris" meaning no one is above the law and all are equal.

Abeg pay the fine joor.
And who taught you that "egalitate ad juris" means no one is above the law? What then does 'nemo est supra legis?
When men of low estate become pedagogues, ignorance rears its unsightly head.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by franchizy(m): 9:13am On Oct 13, 2012
Section 6 (2a) of the Lagos Traffic Laws says that in the event of emergency, the BRT lane could be used. For the fact dat madam was rushing to hook up an important engagement, she was free and empowered by the Law to use the BRT lane.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by emyibe(m): 9:13am On Oct 13, 2012
CAUGHT IN THE ACT…Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, SAN, (right) Colonel K. I. Yusuf Tuesday 17th July.
THE COLONEL WAS COURT MARSHALED AND RETIRED FROM THE MILITARY.
NOW A TRUE TEST FOR MR BABATUNDE FASHOLA.LETS SEE HOW HE DEALS WITH THIS.LET THE LAW STAND OH!!!!!

Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by dridowu: 9:14am On Oct 13, 2012
Dy wan con spoil lagos for us..........................she must pay her fine........................EKO ONI BAJEEE OOOOO
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 13, 2012
toba: what does this mean? what if she had an emergency, cant she use the lane?

She would have entered BRT or left her house on time. The law for BRT doesn't have exemptions like military, banks bullion, law makers etc.
Sin na sin.... that is the price of being under the law..

1 Like

Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by onatisi(m): 9:16am On Oct 13, 2012
Rooneyboy: How did she make it to that majestical seat?
Or did she bribe her way through
go and ask her
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Puntae: 9:17am On Oct 13, 2012
Please, what evidence do you have as regards this allegation... People should stop posting topics without an adduced evidence..
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by jigawatts(m): 9:19am On Oct 13, 2012
franchizy: Section 6 (2a) of the Lagos Traffic Laws says that in the event of emergency, the BRT lane could be used. For the fact that madam was rushing to hook up an important engagement, she was free and empowered by the Law to use the BRT lane.

I disagree with u sir, IF she is late on her appointment, its nobody's fault, Next time she should wake up in time.
I'm sure the emergencies they mean are like cases of Health Issues, Fire incident or something related, Well, she could claim to be having health problems at that particular period tho, these lawyers know how to twist the law.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by onatisi(m): 9:19am On Oct 13, 2012
i just dey laugh,dumb ppl arguing over a matter that has already been resolved .
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by tayoccu(m): 9:21am On Oct 13, 2012
toba: what does this mean? what if she had an emergency, cant she use the lane?

Pure hogwash!!!!!
A direct reflection of your negative IQ

Anyway let's wait till the story is confirmed
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by drnoel: 9:22am On Oct 13, 2012
lol, but she is the Chief justice of the federation. She should just renegade that stupid law and make it null and void.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by temitemi1(m): 9:22am On Oct 13, 2012
Too bad!!!
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by esere826: 9:23am On Oct 13, 2012
*toothpick in teeth, after a heavy carnivorous breakfast*

So where una keep the photo evidence naw?

*yawns*
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by chucky234(m): 9:24am On Oct 13, 2012
Just passing
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by asholism: 9:25am On Oct 13, 2012
Nigerians shud learn hw 2 respect our office holder, want 2 let u knw she is d no 1 head of d nigerian judiciary she has equal rite wt GEJ & MARK I wl urge dose u hv demeaned her integrity through dir comment shud apologise.

U ppl shud knw dat if she wl leave her office 2 any part of d country wl hv 2 b for d betterness of dis nation. She has rite 2 pass any where.

U ppl r character assassinator.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by ocheejemb: 9:27am On Oct 13, 2012
Where is the proof? "Reports reaching us..." is not proof. If she did do it then it is a shame that the highest Judicial officer in the land does not know to respect the laws she is meant to uphold.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by ocheejemb: 9:28am On Oct 13, 2012
emyibe: CAUGHT IN THE ACT…Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, SAN, (right) Colonel K. I. Yusuf Tuesday 17th July.
THE COLONEL WAS COURT MARSHALED AND RETIRED FROM THE MILITARY.
NOW A TRUE TEST FOR MR BABATUNDE FASHOLA.LETS SEE HOW HE DEALS WITH THIS.LET THE LAW STAND OH!!!!!

Fear the Lord when spreading Dodo...how would he be court martialled for a traffic offence?
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by tayoccu(m): 9:30am On Oct 13, 2012
asholism: Nigerians shud learn hw 2 respect our office holder, want 2 let u knw she is d no 1 head of d nigerian judiciary she has equal rite wt GEJ & MARK I wl urge dose u hv demeaned her integrity through dir comment shud apologise.

U ppl shud knw dat if she wl leave her office 2 any part of d country wl hv 2 b for d betterness of dis nation. She has rite 2 pass any where.

And what happened to leadership by example?
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by esere826: 9:30am On Oct 13, 2012
asholism: Nigerians shud learn hw 2 respect our office holder, want 2 let u knw she is d no 1 head of d nigerian judiciary she has equal rite wt GEJ & MARK I wl urge dose u hv demeaned her integrity through dir comment shud apologise.

I now understand why folks are not upset when illiterates apply jungle justice to illiterates,
but loose their cool when illiterates apply jungle justice to literates

**I'm just trying to understand us better, No vex o**
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by jude33084(m): 9:31am On Oct 13, 2012
ndu_chucks: This post shows the inadequacy of the Lagos traffic law. An exemption should be made for the leader of our Judiciary who chose not to cause more havoc by driving around with sirens and 10 or more car convoy, as the leaders of the legislative wing and executive wings do.

Expecting the chief justice to move around Lagos like the rest of us, is foolish and equivalent to saying that GEJ and David Mark should drive around Lagos like the rest of us. You people should use your brains.

I suppose you all would have preferred her to cause more traffic havoc by driving with police convoy and sirens. SMH

Sick! undecided
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by tayoccu(m): 9:33am On Oct 13, 2012
oche_ejemb:

Fear the Lord when spreading Dodo...how would he be court martialled for a traffic offence?

Erm court martialled is the millitary term for trial, the colonel was tried and punished accordingly.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by onatisi(m): 9:35am On Oct 13, 2012
oche_ejemb:

u never know nairaland ,we have some ppl that dream news then just put it down for ppl to eat.dont be surprise if ppl start spreading it that the man was retired .nairaland iroyin eleje
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by sindyko(m): 9:35am On Oct 13, 2012
Fashola I quote him; there is no tolerance for lawlessness. Her disposition I see it as bully act, proving selfesteem and pretentious. According to constitutionalism evry body is equal before de law. Immunity can work in this circumstance she must be brought before the law, I entrust the BRF, she will be redress for the pompous.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by onatisi(m): 9:37am On Oct 13, 2012
tayoccu:

Erm court martialled is the millitary term for trial, the colonel was tried and punished accordingly.
and what was the punishments if i may ask?retirement?
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by killuminati(m): 9:38am On Oct 13, 2012
Mavrick2012: Yaya wannan labari ta shape parashin gari?
garri kawai ne? Harda kulikuli, da waake, da burodin rogo, kai infact, harda shinkafa undecided
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Godjone(m): 9:38am On Oct 13, 2012
and d mumu govna was embarasing a full army general d oda day. If he fail to tender thesame wickedness 2 the chief judge, there will neva be peace in Lagos state
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by BUSHMAN1: 9:38am On Oct 13, 2012
wow! hypocritical is nit? they do not even obey their own rules, if this was an ordinary citizen the police would have shot him.. naijiria a lawless countries were the leaders do not lead by example.. me say she should resign
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by tayoccu(m): 9:40am On Oct 13, 2012
onatisi:
and what was the punishments if i may ask?retirement?

He was fined, the military have different punishments for different offences.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by jigawatts(m): 9:41am On Oct 13, 2012
Godjone: and d mumu govna was embarasing a full army general d oda day. If he fail to tender the same wickedness 2 the chief judge, there will neva be peace in Lagos state

O boy, this nicca wan start war ooo grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oil Spillage In Oba-Ama In Okrika, Rivers State. Photos / Gunmen Shoot At Muhammad Abubakar Brother, Other Travellers On Kaduna-Zaria Road / President Buhari Meets Governor Ademola Adeleke Behind Close Doors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.