Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane (27860 Views)

LASTMA Officers Arrest Military,NSCDC Officers Driving On BRT Lane In Lagos(pics / Ambode's Monitoring Team Arrest Cars Plying BRT Lane (Photos) / Former Chief Justice’s Son Joins Terrorist Group ISIS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by dammytosh: 6:58pm On Oct 13, 2012
I don't know why this should be over flogged.

So She should wait inside traffic and get kidnapped or assasinated by all this Blood Thirsty Monsters called politicians.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by joshuaidibia(m): 7:20pm On Oct 13, 2012
"NOBODY IS ABOVE THE LAW" hmmm... nt in 9ja abeg!!!
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by damola57: 8:02pm On Oct 13, 2012
Vagabond in power. It seems as if they always yield to evils when they enter government.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by muyenmuyen: 8:10pm On Oct 13, 2012
this woman must pay the fine, because she has contravained the law of lagos state , and nobody above the law .GOV don"t agree with her.am very interested in this report
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by muyenmuyen: 8:11pm On Oct 13, 2012
dammytosh:
I don't know why this should be over flogged.

So She should wait inside traffic and get kidnapped or assasinated by all this Blood Thirsty Monsters called politicians.

Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by queensmith: 8:41pm On Oct 13, 2012
toba: Nonsense. she's the most powerful person under the judicial arm of govt. what if she had urgent matters to attend to?

after all the lane is also to be used on emergency occasions

then she should have taken the brt bus, she's not a police officer so I cannot imagine the urgent matters that warrant breaking the law.

goodness this mentality is why nigeria is still soo f*cked up.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Solozzo(m): 9:58pm On Oct 13, 2012
This is a minor offence, and the fine easily paid. Was she driving or her driver? Overseas, this kind of offence is not recorded against the person or taken seriously. It is when you do not pay the fine, that is when trouble begins.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by stepone(m): 12:41am On Oct 14, 2012
toba: what does this mean? what if she had an emergency, cant she use the lane?

If I am thinking opposite to ur comment. What if there is not BRT lane their, will she drive on other cars in traffic? Pls respond.....
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by stupor(m): 4:32am On Oct 14, 2012
toba: Nonsense. she's the most powerful person under the judicial arm of govt. what if she had urgent matters to attend to?

after all the lane is also to be used on emergency occasions

Imagine Everyone is on an emergency occasión.

We seem to all have lost our sense of integrity to uncalled vanity and vague human póssessive pòwer

What she did is a tòtal outlaw.

Its a questionable and punishable offense irrespective of your political status.

She needs be queried and put into check before she does something more barbaric•o

Respect the rule of law,bring her to book for the offense,even US mischievous presidents were at some point in time brought to justice fôr abusing pówer.

That's extremely bad an attitude,no matter the urgency.

What if there were no BRT,will she fly!

Why can't they give her a chopper for emergencies.
Our leaders and their pówer-drunk personalities.

Highly schizorphrenic.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 14, 2012
I'll not beleive this story until i see it on DailyTrust! Which one be DailyPost?
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Andykuul: 7:14am On Oct 14, 2012
Mavrick2012: Yaya wannan labari ta shape parashin gari?
gane min hanya dauwa!....i no no ooo
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Werehkpe: 10:36am On Oct 14, 2012
i think civil servants above level 11 and others in higher govt parastatals should be made to pay a MUCH higher fine.

Please what is 25,000 to this woman? she should be made to pay 100,000k PERIOD

Next time she will think first
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by hardbody: 2:38pm On Oct 14, 2012
BUSH MAN: so what is the point of the BRT lane then? if it can be used some times.. well i guess in nigeria its one rule for ordinary citizens and another rule for the chief judge, wonder how she will judge this type of case in her court if it was an ordinary citizen

In the event of fire or other emergency will it be legal for the fire service to use BRT lane in other to beat traffic and get to the fire point faster? Just asking and trying to reason why the law should not make exceptions if it didn't or are we trying to be stiff necked and just make comments?
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by hardbody: 2:49pm On Oct 14, 2012
By the way for avoidance of doubt, judges are a special breed whether we like it or not and by the laws of the land protected from contacts with ordinary people. This being the case, how do you then expect the CJN to drive in traffic? You guys had better realize that there are exceptions to all rules. How many of you have ever met a judge one on one, gone close enough to shake their hands or seen them at parties where all other people get together to have fun? People just come to this forum and start exercising their right to freedom of speech by spewing illogical stwepidity.

Fashola himself knows what's up and can't thread where angels themselves are scared to walk. So you guys can get as angry as you like and if you have the guts, send your papa to go and arrest her. I guess you are yet to to be caught and tried for contempt. That woman will purge all of una of the contempt wey dey worry una for head. Mtcheeeeewwww
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by redsun(m): 5:20pm On Oct 14, 2012
Why wasnt she arrested like the military officer?This is why nigeria is a lawless country,because even the socalled law luminaries does not know that laws of the land are main to be obeyed,including traffic laws.

That is why people like tinubu are walking the streets today,because there are no genuine laws in nigeria.Tinubu aquital is known in nigeria law as "iboriquital",an instance where criminals are set free because the police and the judges have taken enourmous bribe to look the otherway,including the attorney general.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by redsun(m): 5:33pm On Oct 14, 2012
Are those BTR lanes main to be operational twenty hours of the day or just for certain ours of the day?
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by SkySpirit(m): 4:40am On Oct 15, 2012
Well the BRT lane is an illegality ab initio because the Lagos State Govt has no jurisdiction on federal roads, so nothing is going to happen as the bulk would eventually stop @her table. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Senators Orders Newspaper Probe Over "Anti-Buhari” Accusation / Obiano Flags Off Housing Estate Project, Inspects Ongoing Roads, Bridges (photos / Reno Omokri With Hungarian Dog In London Streets (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.