Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane (27862 Views)

LASTMA Officers Arrest Military,NSCDC Officers Driving On BRT Lane In Lagos(pics / Ambode's Monitoring Team Arrest Cars Plying BRT Lane (Photos) / Former Chief Justice’s Son Joins Terrorist Group ISIS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Dee60: 12:54pm On Oct 13, 2012
I HOPE IT IS NOT TRUE. ANYWAY, WITH ALL THE EVIDENCE ON GROUND, IF FASHOLA'S GOVERNMENT DOES NOT PROSECUTE OR FINE HER, THEN FASHOLA AND HIS GOVERNMENT WILL NOT HAVE ANY MORAL RIGHT TO PROSECUTE ANYBODY.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by kooto(m): 1:00pm On Oct 13, 2012
toba: Nonsense. she's the most powerful person under the judicial arm of govt. what if she had urgent matters to attend to?

after all the lane is also to be used on emergency occasions
Is she a doctor that she want to attend an urgent matter?what could an urgent matter in judiciary be? did she tell you that?why are you making excuses for her lawlessness?she must pay the fine or else she will make mockry of herself/office.

1 Like

Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by stev007(m): 1:22pm On Oct 13, 2012
In a civilize society, such an infraction would cost her her job and at the same time made to face the wrath of the law. The chief justice of the federation,who knows, and suppose to uphold the law to the letter. No, that cant be. I relish to see what will be the final outcome of this matter. Governor
Fashola, who coincidentaly is a SAN,should be all ears and
live by your example by making sure that the law takes its
course. This is the only way we can show the common man
on the street that the law is no respecter of man. In the first
case, the chief justice cannot claim to be ignorant of the law which unfortunately, is no excuse in law. Here we come
again, the Nigeria factor. One rule for the big man/woman,
another rule for the poor masses. This cannot be in a society where we are striving to uphold what is obtainable in a civilize society.
By the way, if this woman is a person of integrity, she should throw in the towel by resigning with immediate effect. If am allowed to comment on her behaviour, l, m afraid,l will say, she is a disgrace to the bench and the judiciary she heads.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Obinoscopy(m): 1:33pm On Oct 13, 2012
There's no evidence, no pix, no nothing. Even if you call in Lagos traffic fm 96.1 as witness during the trial, they will recant their statement. Even dailypost will deny ever posting it on their site
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Dee60: 1:38pm On Oct 13, 2012
Obinoscopy: There's no evidence, no pix, no nothing. Even if you call in Lagos traffic fm 96.1 as witness during the trial, they will recant their statement. Even dailypost will deny ever posting it on their site

Her conscience is the primary evidence. If at all the story is true I believe she will not go on to deny it. She is afterall not the driver and cannot be liable. We only expected that at her level she should not have allowed that height of indiscipline and lawlessness.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 13, 2012
Rooneyboy:
PURE CRAP.
A law is a law, get it into ur skull bro.

see this mumu. why are u making a noise on a faceless forum? what are u waiting for? go ahead to champion her arrest and prosecution instead of chatting BS here.

there are exemptions to every rule or law. u cant take a gov to court whilst in office but u can take others no matter their office position.

Fasola said in emergency situation, u can take the lane. l seldom drive through ikd road and see hospital vans and CBN vans take the BRT lane. so WTF?
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Zico0(m): 1:40pm On Oct 13, 2012
So the head of the judicial arm of government of Nigeria is a WOMAN!!! Our women are tough people then. Nywyz i jus hope she has total control.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 13, 2012
kooto:
Is she a doctor that she want to attend an urgent matter?what could an urgent matter in judiciary be? did she tell you that?why are you making excuses for her lawlessness?she must pay the fine or else she will make mockry of herself/office.
how do u know she didnt have an emergency? did u enquire from her why she took the lane?
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 13, 2012
Wendy80:
Wht stupid emergency? U just have †ЂΞ common Naija mentality.....som1 wth her post abroad cant try ds.....she shd pay the fine joor.......what rubbish
what nonsense are u talking about? did u ask her why she took the lane? lf for instance Jonathan came to VI and was heading back to the airport, now that the third mainland bridge is locked, if he took the BRT lane he'll be arrested?
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by koruji(m): 1:49pm On Oct 13, 2012
This here is the bane of Nigeria's underdevelopment - the feeling that some people can be exempt from the law of the land.

luvinhubby: I want to see who will collect the fine from her.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 13, 2012
Cokeroo:

It's because of mindsets like this that Nigeria remains backward. What sort of emergency will justify her driving against traffic and breaking the law? Is she a paramedic or fire fighter or something along those lines? She broke the law simple, stupid.
driving on BRT lane now amount to driving against traffic? shocked lf u want to claim she broke the law but saying she drove against traffic is just dumb.

like i posited earlier, if anyone wants to prosecute her, fine and good
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 13, 2012
timbros:

What if she had urgent matters nko? Is she above the law? What makes her different from me (the ordinary citizen)? Whatever happens to "lead by example"? What if I, yes me, have an emergency, can I use the lane?

She should be fined joor...infact she should triple the fine cuz she is the lawmaker now turned lawbreaker....
lf u have someone dying in ur car that needs emergency medical attention, sure u can take the lane to save a life
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Paentera(m): 1:57pm On Oct 13, 2012
toba: Nonsense. she's the most powerful person under the judicial arm of govt. what if she had urgent matters to attend to?

The lane is called Bus Rapid Transport Lane not Emergency Lane. If she was in such a hurry, she should have used a helicopter.

1 Like

Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 13, 2012
utumunta:

...and, is that important matter rushing 2 save a wrongly convicted n about 2 be executed citizen?
We all have emergencies at different times in our lives, including rushing 2 meet up wt a live football match telecast. Doz it min we shld all drive on d BRT lane? A society wtout adherence 2 d laws is begging 4 anarchy n His Lordship knws ds.
ur comparison is ridiculous. when an emergency is about saving the life of a citizen, u can use the lane
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 13, 2012
Paentera:

The lane is called Bus Rapid Transport Lane not Emergency Lane. If she was in such a hurry, she should have used a helicopter.
smh at this ridiculous response. If an accident occurs and medical attention is required from Lasuth via ikd road, u expect the victims to be transported via helipcopter?
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 13, 2012
kaodili:

No one is above the law. She inclusive.
yea but not in all cases
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 13, 2012
Themaingate:

are you still a fool at 40 ? What is so urgent that she cannot use the right lane ? OR SHE WANT TO FILE APPEAL FOR BAKASSI ?

PEOPLE LIKE YOU END UP BEING POLITICAL T..G
just shut up. since the news made front page, what have u done to ensure she's penalised?
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 13, 2012
franchizy: Section 6 (2a) of the Lagos Traffic Laws says that in the event of emergency, the BRT lane could be used. For the fact dat madam was rushing to hook up an important engagement, she was free and empowered by the Law to use the BRT lane.
tell us
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by opone72: 2:12pm On Oct 13, 2012
Prove your fact by posting the picture.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 13, 2012
one_man:

She would have entered BRT or left her house on time. The law for BRT doesn't have exemptions like military, banks bullion, law makers etc.
Sin na sin.... that is the price of being under the law..
but the traffic law makes provision for usage of the lane in emergency situation.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by akunmefula: 2:25pm On Oct 13, 2012
She's the CJ, nd U̶̲̥̅̊ can imagine her leasing out 25000 FO̶̷̩̥̊͡Я a crime! Going τ̅☺ jail is out of it ,cos definitely she must be S̶̲̥̅ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ good at twisting the truth,to get her freedom,na who go judge who.let's wait nd see the outcome of dis issue
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by patostation(m): 3:06pm On Oct 13, 2012
The people who break the law most of the time are law enforcement agents - judges, policemen, men of the armed forces and other quasi paramilitary agents. Trust me.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 13, 2012

Pls sir let us think before we type na,the essence of the Constitution is to prove that everyone is subject to the LAW,the fact this woman occupies a Position does not give her the right to break the law,if the PRESIDENT cannot break the law no one can.....U made a serious error man
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 13, 2012
oluwatobi75: Pls sir let us think before we type na,the essence of the Constitution is to prove that everyone is subject to the LAW,the fact this woman occupies a Position does not give her the right to break the law,if the PRESIDENT cannot break the law no one can.....U made a serious error man
lm worried if most posters on this thread have comprehension challenge, including u.

lm not saying she didnt drive on the BRT lane. My question is, what if she drove on the lane cos of an emergency situation?

has any of those crying here bothered to enquire what actually happened?

we only heard a side of the story with no pictorial evidence, neither has any LASTMA official made any response on the issue.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by FrankC3: 3:44pm On Oct 13, 2012
This idea of equality before the law is an idea mouthed by politicians when it suit them. I will understand when a professor says this in the classroom. In real life, there is nothing like equality before the law, unless you want to live in dream land. If not, tell me how Obama is equal to the average Joe in New Orleans. Or tell me how you are equal to Fashola that has mouthed this talk more than anyone else.
The masses love to live in a dreamland. If CJN of a soverign nation cannot use emergency traffic lane while on National assignment, tell me who will. I was once in a boarding queue in Brazil and three guys from behind went straight towards the boarding gate. The eagle eyed security guys were already positioning themselves before the guys brought out their US Marine uniform. Come see salute, even civilians for queue follow dey salute. And someone here is saying equality before the law as if US Attoney General will not be allowed to ride on BRT lane if he visits, or are folks angry because she is a woman?
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by WebSurfer(m): 3:47pm On Oct 13, 2012
Maxymilliano: The veracity of the post is yet to be ascertained, Daily Post only publish a reported claim, hope we get a true picture of what really happened so as to make informed judgements rather than casting aspersions on the basis of hearsays and embellished innuendoes.
please Repeat
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Remii(m): 3:58pm On Oct 13, 2012
Frank-C:
This idea of equality before the law is an idea mouthed by politicians when it suit them. I will understand when a professor says this in the classroom. In real life, there is nothing like equality before the law, unless you want to live in dream land. If not, tell me how Obama is equal to the average Joe in New Orleans. Or tell me how you are equal to Fashola that has mouthed this talk more than anyone else.
The masses love to live in a dreamland. If CJN of a soverign nation cannot use emergency traffic lane while on National assignment, tell me who will. I was once in a boarding queue in Brazil and three guys from behind went straight towards the boarding gate. The eagle eyed security guys were already positioning themselves before the guys brought out their US Marine uniform. Come see salute, even civilians for queue follow dey salute. And someone here is saying equality before the law as if US Attoney General will not be allowed to ride on BRT lane if he visits, or are folks angry because she is a woman?

Don't mind them, they are equal , yet unelected First Lady shuts down cities while they sweat in the sun held up in the traffic. Very soon they will not be able to eat gala in the same hold up, what a suffering and smiling grin grin grin
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 13, 2012
Frank-C:
abi ooo

let them continue to cry on the internet. its an emergency lane as well. u cant expect Jonathan or Sambo whilst on ikd road in traffic not to use emergency lane. This woman is number 5 powerful person in Nigeria. 1 Jonathan 2Sambo 3Mark 4Tambuwal 5 chief Judge. they are superior citizens cos they enjoy special status whilst in office
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Boboedom: 4:46pm On Oct 13, 2012
Go tell GEJ and David Mark to drive in lagos traffic now or don't move out of the way when their convoy is coming and see whether your family will still recognise you after the battering......that is if you are even alive. That woman is the head of the third arm of govt. Abeg make una leave her alone.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:50pm On Oct 13, 2012
Is this 4real, if she's not attending 2 an immergency stuff during dat time, abeg make she pay fine o! She's not above Lagos Traffic Law, including GEJ.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by naja2: 5:17pm On Oct 13, 2012
ndu_chucks: This post shows the inadequacy of the Lagos traffic law. An exemption should be made for the leader of our Judiciary who chose not to cause more havoc by driving around with sirens and 10 or more car convoy, as the leaders of the legislative wing and executive wings do.

Expecting the chief justice to move around Lagos like the rest of us, is foolish and equivalent to saying that GEJ and David Mark should drive around Lagos like the rest of us. You people should use your brains.

I suppose you all would have preferred her to cause more traffic havoc by driving with police convoy and sirens. SMH

There is no acceptable excuse for breaking the law not even from the highest law officer in the land .If it happened then its a big shame on her part. What kind of emergency did she have, was she going to save a life in the hospital? or she was goin to put out fire somewhere? or perhaps she was goin to arrest some criminals somewhere, what? . The major reason why many Nigerians are lawless is just because their leaders ve no regard for the law of the land and even the followers gladly make silly excuses for them.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by kofomii: 6:38pm On Oct 13, 2012
can somebody tell fashola to comment on this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

#FreeEse:Emir Sanusi Denies Malicious Lies That Said He Refused To Help #freeese / Wole Soyinka's Woeful Silence / Kebbi State Government Disregards Aisha Bagudu As The First Lady - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.