Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,506 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane (27863 Views)

LASTMA Officers Arrest Military,NSCDC Officers Driving On BRT Lane In Lagos(pics / Ambode's Monitoring Team Arrest Cars Plying BRT Lane (Photos) / Former Chief Justice’s Son Joins Terrorist Group ISIS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by onatisi(m): 9:45am On Oct 13, 2012
tayoccu:

He was fined, the military have different punishments for different offences.
good thanks for the clarification because someone just wrote in this thread that the man was RETIRED FROM MILITARY SERVICE.that was what i was contesting against
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by kaodili(f): 9:45am On Oct 13, 2012
toba: Nonsense. she's the most powerful person under the judicial arm of govt. what if she had urgent matters to attend to?

after all the lane is also to be used on emergency occasions

No one is above the law. She inclusive.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by sylve11: 9:46am On Oct 13, 2012
toba: Nonsense. she's the most powerful person under the judicial arm of govt. what if she had urgent matters to attend to?

True! cool
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by tayoccu(m): 9:47am On Oct 13, 2012
Godjone: and d mumu govna was embarasing a full army general d oda day. If he fail to tender thesame wickedness 2 the chief judge, there will neva be peace in Lagos state

Are you normal? The mumu soldier was a colonel, not a general.
And the mumu soldier was caught red handed by the Governor.
The CJN's case however is still a rumor till an official press statement confirms it.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Nuezha(m): 9:47am On Oct 13, 2012
There's an EXCEPTION to EVERY rule. Many do not know. A few does, so they take it. Don't blame 'em, blame your ignorance; BLAME YOUR IGNORANCE!
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by buchibabe: 9:48am On Oct 13, 2012
She dts supposed to know d law better,is breakin it. Dats y corruption can never leave nigeria. And nigeria can nevr move forward because of corruption.no be curse,na fact
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Sike(m): 9:49am On Oct 13, 2012
9ja will always be 9ja! Smh
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by onatisi(m): 9:49am On Oct 13, 2012
even if the fine is 100k,the woman can and will pay without even blinking an eye ,so why the noise or arguement?neither is she contesting againt any punishment and if she decides not to pay the worst that will happen is for the case to go to court.as far as i am concerned ppl are just trying to create a kilimanjaro where there is none
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by onatisi(m): 9:51am On Oct 13, 2012
tayoccu:

Are you normal? The mumu soldier was a colonel, not a general.
And the mumu soldier was caught red handed by the Governor.
The CJN's case however is still a rumor till an official press statement confirms it.
u dey argue with nl members ,u wan get hypertension abi?make una just leave them,watch and laugh
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by BUSHMAN1: 9:51am On Oct 13, 2012
franchizy: Section 6 (2a) of the Lagos Traffic Laws says that in the event of emergency, the BRT lane could be used. For the fact dat madam was rushing to hook up an important engagement, she was free and empowered by the Law to use the BRT lane.
so what is the point of the BRT lane then? if it can be used some times.. well i guess in nigeria its one rule for ordinary citizens and another rule for the chief judge, wonder how she will judge this type of case in her court if it was an ordinary citizen
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Profkomolafe(m): 9:52am On Oct 13, 2012
LAW DON CATCH LAWYER.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by saleeh: 9:52am On Oct 13, 2012
may be there's a section in the Nigeria constitution that allows her to do that...confront her, she'll interprit it to you...Naija lawless country with lawless people
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by tayoccu(m): 9:54am On Oct 13, 2012
onatisi:
good thanks for the clarification because someone just wrote in this thread that the man was RETIRED FROM MILITARY SERVICE.that was what i was contesting against

You're welcome bro! grin
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by FrankC3: 9:58am On Oct 13, 2012
Other important questions are:
1. Does Gov Fashola use the best effort lane like the rest of us?
2. Does Tinubu use this lane? What of Bisi Akande? The president and National Assembly leadersip?
In my opinion, to expect the CJN, IGP, Senate Leadership, HoR Leadership, key military officers and other key government functionaries to use the best effort lane is just funny. Even in Heaven, according to The Holy Book, there is hierarchy. No matter how holy you are, if you are not one of the 24 elders, then you are not.
All these arrogance is unnecessary, driving aginst traffic would have been morally wrong, but WTH is BRT? Rapid transit lane!!! If key government functionaries cannot use rapid transit lane while on official assignment, then what qualifies BRT passengers to use the lane. People can just be funny!!!

1 Like

Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by tellwisdom: 10:02am On Oct 13, 2012
If only fashola wan sleep inside cell undecided
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 13, 2012

are you still a fool at 40 ? What is so urgent that she cannot use the right lane ? OR SHE WANT TO FILE APPEAL FOR BAKASSI ?

PEOPLE LIKE YOU END UP BEING POLITICAL T..G

1 Like

Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by obailala(m): 10:06am On Oct 13, 2012
Pure irresponsibility in my opinion. However, as a chief custodian of the law, u can be sure she would know exactly how to twist this same law. If this woman refuses to pay the fine, I'm still wondering under which court she can be tried? undecided She could easily come up with a stupid argument like 'the road in which the supposed offense was committed is a federal road and as such she cannot be tried under state legislation' and of course the case would be thrown out. I trust these lawyers, its their job to see the loopholes in the law grin
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by BUSHMAN1: 10:06am On Oct 13, 2012
Frank-C:
Other important questions are:
1. Does Gov Fashola use the best effort lane like the rest of us?
2. Does Tinubu use this lane? What of Bisi Akande? The president and National Assembly leadersip?
In my opinion, to expect the CJN, IGP, Senate Leadership, HoR Leadership, key military officers and other key government functionaries to use the best effort lane is just funny. Even in Heaven, according to The Holy Book, there is hierarchy. No matter how holy you are, if you are not one of the 24 elders, then you are not.
All these arrogance is unnecessary, driving aginst traffic would have been morally wrong, but WTH is BRT? Rapid transit lane!!! If key government functionaries cannot use rapid transit lane while on official assignment, then what qualifies BRT passengers to use the lane. People can just be funny!!!
the passengers are very qualifiied because it clearly says "BRT LANE" and who is more qualified? me thinks the BRT passengers apart from ambulance and police emagencies.. the chief judge should follow the rules
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by oiseworld: 10:18am On Oct 13, 2012
i have said it before, these brt stuff would continue to happen.
That road was not designed to be partitioned for brt use. It was a road specially constucted for nigerians to use freely.

Since fashola chooses to partiion the road for brt which is good, the army,police (on duty) should be allowed to use it, it is empty most of the time.

Top govt officials should also be allowed to use it, they are already on emergency. what other katakata does fashola wants for Nigerians to have permitted them to use it only in emergency periods. Na earth quake,floods or what? Abi na plane crash?

I don talk my own.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by hurricaneChris: 10:22am On Oct 13, 2012
In as much as i dont support d abuse of d law, unlez in d case of emergency, I strongly believe that any discussion that arises btw Fashola and this woman as a result of this incident will see one person saying answering ''yes Ma'' ''ok Ma'' ''no problem Ma'' at d end of d discussion.....lol
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by ProGSM(m): 10:30am On Oct 13, 2012
She has important issue to attend.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by onatisi(m): 10:34am On Oct 13, 2012
ProGSM: She has important issue to attend.
shikena ,matter die ,case closed.cooooourrt arise
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by Puntae: 10:35am On Oct 13, 2012
sindyko: Fashola I quote him; there is no tolerance for lawlessness. Her disposition I see it as bully act, proving selfesteem and pretentious. According to constitutionalism evry body is equal before de law. Immunity can work in this circumstance she must be brought before the law, I entrust the BRF, she will be redress for the pompous.
Pls on what media was this made? Quoting an untrue statement of a man more so, a Governor, is tantamount to an offense.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by aduje(m): 10:39am On Oct 13, 2012
Was anyone able to get a pictorial evidence i.e. video or photograph like in the case of the military officer some couple of months ago? If no pictures or videos, lets forget it; if there is one, let it come to the social media like Nairaland, Facebook, Tweeter etc. She should pay the fine and tender public apology.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by remzytimer: 10:39am On Oct 13, 2012
That Law is Lagos law and not Nigeria's law and i think she's above that, was she arrested? Who will? What will happen if goodluck should break such law? Such law are ment for common man jo....
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by controlseven: 10:40am On Oct 13, 2012
She was rushing to Port-harcourt for the ALUU MURDERERS case! Abi una no want speedy trial? Nawaaoo!
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by preciousoz: 10:48am On Oct 13, 2012
So Bad for someone dats supposed to be a custodian of the Law.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by qplus(m): 10:49am On Oct 13, 2012
Let her be convicted so we can also have d first ex-convict female chief justice...Naija we day hail, una no day fail ooooo...just singing
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by DANILSA(m): 10:50am On Oct 13, 2012
[quote author=toba] what does this mean? what if she had an emergency, cant she use the lane?[/ EMERGENCY MY FOOT, YOU THINK ALL THOSE GUYS USING IT BEFORE DONT HAVE EMERGENCY? SHE SHOULD PAY RIGHT AWAY angry sad
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by OkwaIfugo(m): 10:54am On Oct 13, 2012
The Law is no Respecter of person.
And all you people saying if it were to be the president or senate or house or assembly or army official on official duty etc that's crap.

In the 1st world and even 2nd world countries the govt officials starting from the president to the least among the masses obey the law and do not violate which ever law they have made.

May the case of the CJN the traffic was much and she brought the Lagos traffic law book and checked the penalty for taking BRT lane then she said only 25k...alright I will take the lane and then pay them...who knows something urgent might have made her to do so. if this is the case its still not the reason she should take that lane.

The Law Must Be Obeyed and the Presidency should sanction her because these are the people making the laws.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by FrankC3: 10:54am On Oct 13, 2012
BUSH MAN: the passengers are very qualifiied because it clearly says "BRT LANE" and who is more qualified? me thinks the BRT passengers apart from ambulance and police emagencies.. the chief judge should follow the rules

This is the arrogance i am talking about. The question is : what is BRT? And what is the spirit behind the BRT? You should put the principle of equality before the law in proper perspective. Does this not also imply that if you employ somebody to serve you, that you should equip him/her adequately for this assignment? You want the CJN in a traffic jam while on official assignment, you should also request for equivalent number of SSS operatives that she has, after all 'we are all equal before the law'. And while at it, request also for official car and make sure that if you are present in her court, sit down while she enters and when you want to talk to her, address her as 'young lady', after all you are equal with her before the law.
Re: Chief Justice Caught Driving On BRT Lane by GudluckIBB(m): 10:57am On Oct 13, 2012
[quote author=akorlade]Ha! Is She trying to see if the law really works in nigeria? [/quote

If it is Okada riders now,Fashola will have powers.....were are all those slowpoke lastma?Why didn't they drag steering with the CJN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Was Not Removed, I Finished My Assignment – SGF / Atiku, Okowa Meet With Delta Traditional Rulers At Government House Asaba (pics) / Tinubu Insists On Faleke For The Kogi Supplementary Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.