Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,462 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

If You Ever Find Out Your Son Is Into Yahoo-yahoo - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You Ever Find Out Your Son Is Into Yahoo-yahoo (1049 Views)

What Will Be Your Reaction If You Caught Your Son Doing This. / What Will You Do If You Get Home And Find Your Son Like This? / F.q1 - What Will You Do If Your Child Is A "yahoo-yahoo" Person? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Ever Find Out Your Son Is Into Yahoo-yahoo by nightnurse(f): 11:55am On Jan 22, 2008
pls i need ur honest comments, theres a problem at hand that needs urgent attention but don't know how to go about it, so i guess from your comments i'll know how to approach it.

If u ever find out your son is into yahoo-yahoo biz (internet fraud) what step will you take, how will you caution him? pls ur sincere suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Re: If You Ever Find Out Your Son Is Into Yahoo-yahoo by kateflow(f): 11:59am On Jan 22, 2008
hmmmm thats a hard one
Re: If You Ever Find Out Your Son Is Into Yahoo-yahoo by coolkaboom(m): 12:04pm On Jan 22, 2008
its a serious wahala o.how advanced is he, is he an amateur that can be easily distracted or is he a dollar-spewing machine already?
Re: If You Ever Find Out Your Son Is Into Yahoo-yahoo by nightnurse(f): 12:18pm On Jan 22, 2008
i think hes advanced in the biz, we found out because he bought a car last week, u can imagine a boy of 24yrs of age (undergraduate) buying a car wid his own money.
Re: If You Ever Find Out Your Son Is Into Yahoo-yahoo by coolkaboom(m): 5:11pm On Jan 23, 2008
it seems you have a real battle on your hands.at 24, he's too old to be grounded but you could start by seizing the car he bought or even donating it to charity.even if the law doesn't catch up with him now, it eventually will unless he gives up this line of business.he sounds like a smart guy with genuine business skills.perhaps, its not too early for him to get a legit job which may allow him explore his entrepreneural skills , something in sales or retail.a stint in d slammer may also scare him into d straight and narrow path, but that's extreme.
Re: If You Ever Find Out Your Son Is Into Yahoo-yahoo by nightnurse(f): 1:38pm On Jan 24, 2008
thank u very much
Re: If You Ever Find Out Your Son Is Into Yahoo-yahoo by ochallo: 12:06pm On Apr 14, 2010
nothing, just pray for him and let him know that you know and dont approve
Re: If You Ever Find Out Your Son Is Into Yahoo-yahoo by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 14, 2010
did this story end tragically?

i heard of something similar.

where's the OP.
Re: If You Ever Find Out Your Son Is Into Yahoo-yahoo by Pittbaby(f): 8:38pm On Apr 14, 2010
all you can do is pray , at 24 he his a man , If he is living under your roof insist he stops, if not counsel and prayer is all you can do>.
Re: If You Ever Find Out Your Son Is Into Yahoo-yahoo by usbcable(m): 7:51am On Apr 15, 2010
he is already an adult.too bad and almost way beyond easy.

am not a parent(yet), but if he were my friend this is what i would advice you as my friends parent to do.

1) Make it known to him with no holds barred attitude that such life-style is unapproved and will never be approved no matter the circumstances past present or future.

2) I will suggest you get as much info about his co-scammers(they usually have a click), his daily itinary, and any other data you can lay your hands on. In fighting a disease/plague you need as much info about the enemy as much as possible.

3) If you have a police/military personnel as a close confidant, intimate him or her about this and get the young lad to have a meeting with him. this will make him a little bit scared of the situation.

4) Yes, sieze the car. And never let him leave your abode to go sleeping out(any day or night) or move-out totally. This starves him off comfort and company with his co-yahoozee.

5) As much as possible give him maintenance cash so as to restrict his urge to go scamming again.

6) Call his friends and warn let them know you do not approve of the whole scenario. The more associates of his that get uncomfortable with him the easier you can cow him into leaving it, cos that starves him of confidants on the business.

7)Just as many have said pray, pray and pray and if i may add call your Imam/pastor to councell him.

cool Seek professional advise from behavioral experts.

MY OPINION wink
Re: If You Ever Find Out Your Son Is Into Yahoo-yahoo by iice(f): 5:55pm On Apr 15, 2010
What my parents did was to exact a promise from my brothers never to do something like that. We are honor bound.
Re: If You Ever Find Out Your Son Is Into Yahoo-yahoo by uzoegbu(m): 4:40pm On Apr 18, 2010
@ochallo Best answer

@poster if your son bought you a flashy car and it happen to be Yahoo money what would you do?
Re: If You Ever Find Out Your Son Is Into Yahoo-yahoo by Armenian: 4:45pm On Apr 20, 2010
^^^ or if he moves the entire family to abuja and now has N600m in the bank.
It's hard especially in nigeria considering the alternative which is being stark broke
with no help from anybody.

Only God can change his mind not man because talk is cheap.

(1) (Reply)

Your Favourite Friend / My Fiance Has 3kids Frm 2 Different Mother's / Why Are Majority Of Nigerian Men Involved In Extra-marital Affair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.