Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,881 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures (16146 Views)

Fayose Paying Compensation Before Demolishing Illegal Structures (picture) / Okorocha Demolishes Illegal Structures/Brothel In Owerri (Photos) / Every Illegal Structures In Aba Must Go Down, Vows Dr Ikpeazu (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by ambrosini593(m): 10:37am On Oct 13, 2012
A 20-year old sales girl identified simply as Lucy, was on Friday shot dead by policemen in the Apo area of Abuja.

The girl was hit in the chest by bullets fired into a photography shop where she worked as a sales girl.

Three other people sustained gunshot injuries when policemen from the FCT Police Command fired bullets indiscriminately in an attempt to enforce the demolition order of the Abuja Metropolitan Management Council.

The policemen had stormed the area around 7 am with officials of Development Control Department, who had come to demolish illegal structures.

But residents and indigenes, who felt that the government had no right to demolish their houses when they were yet to be resettled, resisted the operation.

They claimed that the case was still in court and that their leaders had advised them to continue to live in the area pending the determination of the suit.

As the policemen shot indiscriminately to control the residents, bullets penetrated into one of the shops and Lucy was hit in the chest. She was rushed to Garki Hospital, but she was confirmed dead on arrival. Her body has been deposited in the mortuary.

Meanwhile, the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Mr. Wilson Inalegwu, met the House of Representatives representing AMAC/Bwari constituency of the FCT, Zephaniah Jisalo, at the hospital when he visited.

Inalegwu, who was in tears, assured the lawmaker that the case would be investigated.

“We are not sure what took our men there or what led to the shooting, it’s still a matter for investigation,” he said.

Emeka Ani, owner of the photo shop, where the deceased worked, said that his sales boy also sustained gunshot injuries during the incident.

He said, “From morning, the police surrounded our area. They said they came for demolition. All of a sudden, they started shooting sporadically. They shot into my shop and killed my sales girl. My boy also sustained injuries. Lucy has been with me for about one month. Her sister brought her for me from Cross River.”

The National Coordinator, Greater Gbyagi Initiative, Mr. Gimba Baiza, described the incident as wicked.

http://www.punchng.com/news/police-shoot-sales-girl-dead-injure-3-others/
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by OkwaIfugo(m): 11:02am On Oct 13, 2012
I dream of a Nigeria where no one will take any ones life.
Another dream and future of a very young promising girl chattered and buried.

God Please let them take their lives instead of an innocent ones life.
This touches so much.

What will the parents do, where will they begin, how will they bury their own child at this age?
why now that she is beginning to enjoy life? why now that she has began to feel like a woman?
why now that she has began thinking and imagining of how her family will be in future?

God I cant say much but plead that you give the family, relatives and friends concerned the fortitude to bear the Loss.
Let your grace be made sufficient unto them.

Thank You Jesus.

12 Likes

Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 13, 2012
RIP cry
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by Leboska(m): 2:37pm On Oct 13, 2012
slip tight girl i wish they police could do same with armed robers

1 Like

Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by Super1759: 2:52pm On Oct 13, 2012
I don't understand,how can a trained police man scare the crowd by shooting at them?
By the way, is it police that should demolish structures?

5 Likes

Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by othenok(f): 2:59pm On Oct 13, 2012
Gosh,this country is getting more & more depressing. When will our police make use of rubber bullet. RIP Lucy.

6 Likes

Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by greall1: 3:05pm On Oct 13, 2012
Police again.

2 Likes

Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by jude33084(m): 3:05pm On Oct 13, 2012
angry angry Blood suckers angry angry
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by Gwekzy: 3:06pm On Oct 13, 2012
This Days I even fear Police pass Thiefs

10 Likes

Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by pendusky(m): 3:07pm On Oct 13, 2012
The other Day I suggested that Police recruits should undergo Psychological test before handling guns, most of them are frustrated human being that the ALUU community has left behind! For me POLICE IS NEVA MY FRIEND,whether ure wrong or right when u see a 9ja COP run for ur Life!

RIP Gurl!

1min Silence for poor girl!

6 Likes

Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 13, 2012
And in ALUU when the Indiscriminate Shooting was needed they claimed "Insufficient Bullets"

Nigeria for you. . .

7 Likes

Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by CLIQBOY(m): 3:14pm On Oct 13, 2012
Naija d land of many things
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by OO7: 3:15pm On Oct 13, 2012
what a tragedy! i was in tears yesterday when i heard of the cruel act by the so called S.A.R.S men.
dont know if they were just trained to be firing bullets sporadically the way they want, i thought they account for them?
i hail thee great naija!!!
sometimes i wonder where we are heading to as a nation.
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by OYINBOGOJU(m): 3:15pm On Oct 13, 2012
Tired of seing our young brothers and sisters going to the morgue instead of school.

Tired of seeing parents crying.
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by sessydoo(m): 3:18pm On Oct 13, 2012
Apo again do u guys remember APO 6? those six traders that were mowed down at their prime in Abuja by Nig Police....whatever happens to the case. This is Nigeria, a jungle city where the killers are never apprehended, and if they are arrested at all, they re only kept in the court room for a while, away from the public since they know Nigerians are quick to forget n to forgive....thus the process goes on and on and on as innocent blood flows in the land waiting patiently for the "Avenger"
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by condralbede(m): 3:22pm On Oct 13, 2012
What do we expect from d men on black?its there nature to kill any how.bt one day d bush meat will hunt d hunter.
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by enigmagu1(m): 3:26pm On Oct 13, 2012
l dnt even no btwin police n bh who kil passss....
CLIQBOY: Naija d land of many things
l dnt even no btwin police n bh who kil passss....
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 13, 2012
In sincerity, there is no time I see a policeman with a gun without my heart skipping a beat. I naturally feel the gun is too heavy for them to carry that it might just go off and accidentally discharge.
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by Opoki(m): 3:27pm On Oct 13, 2012
sessydoo: Apo again do u guys remember APO 6? those six traders that were mowed down at their prime in Abuja by Nig Police....whatever happens to the case. This is Nigeria, a jungle city where the killers are never apprehended, and if they are arrested at all, they re only kept in the court room for a while, away from the public since they know Nigerians are quick to forget n to forgive....thus the process goes on and on and on as innocent blood flows in the land waiting patiently for the "Avenger"

Apo Killings...still very fresh in my memory. Too much of extra-judiciary killings and the victims are the communals. I never see a child of very influential Nigerian being a victim!
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by vislabraye(m): 3:27pm On Oct 13, 2012
You can imagine what would happen if there's state police.
I don't know whether a demon is controlling the police force. This is the third time I'm hearing of police killing an innocent person in a space f one month
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by mekaboy(m): 3:28pm On Oct 13, 2012
UNTIL THEY START TO CHARGE POLICE OFFICERS TO COURT AND SENTENCE THEM TO DEATH.FOR.MURDER.

THEY WILL CONTINUE TO FEEL ABOVE THE LAW, AND HAVE NO RESPECT FOR CITIZENS.

THE FORGET THAT THEIR SALARIES ARE PAID WITH THE CITIZENS MONEY.

1 Like

Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by soicyboi1(m): 3:29pm On Oct 13, 2012
CRAY......REALLY CRAY!![b][/b] cry cry
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by frenchman2: 3:29pm On Oct 13, 2012
if you've been playing with the idea of joining the nigeria police, too bad for you. there is a curse on them.
could it just be that the colour of their uniform is affecting them negatively?
only God can console those she left to mourn her death.

Any day you wake up in nigeria and witness the sunrise and sunset just give thanks to God Almighty.

May God help us.
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by Kslib(m): 3:30pm On Oct 13, 2012
Mehn, life is getting too cheap... I dont just even know what to say.., phew R..I..P
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 13, 2012
What's wrong with using tear gas instead of bullets? That police i.diot should be thrown into the bermuda triangle with a huge stone tied to both of his hands. RIP to the deceased.

1 Like

Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by Puntae: 3:35pm On Oct 13, 2012
Again, a sad story, from the stable of The NIgerian Police, a sheer case of indiscriminate shooting, probably uncalled for. What happens to the usage of rubber bullets in times like this, where no brutal force is needed? Unfortunate!
R.I.P Lucy!
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by Obinoscopy(m): 3:40pm On Oct 13, 2012
I wonder if our police are even trained on civil unrest control. How can you open fire on harmless residents? It still beats my imagination.
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by sessydoo(m): 3:41pm On Oct 13, 2012
Opoki:

Apo Killings...still very fresh in my memory. Too much of extra-judiciary killings and the victims are the communals. I never see a child of very influential Nigerian being a victim!

Opoki u re very much on point, mayb when their son or daughter becomes a victim, they will wake up n do smthin...smh for this country where anythin goes!
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by slap1(m): 3:41pm On Oct 13, 2012
Was the gun too heavy that it can't be shot in the air? And d DPO was not even aware of the location of his men! Police brutality is becoming a daily thing in this country, the president and IGP must really sit up.
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 13, 2012
Na so d other day 4 night I dey one bar called motion dey sip my green bottle, na so dz people called sars wid army come mass arrest all man der, u know wat? Wetin I dey hear na how much I carry der and moreover i don finish all my money na so only 1/8 of us enter cell dat night cos I no carry money, army wey I get little respect don los'am cos na same blood all of dem b. Wetin I dey do now na 2 put small money tagged sars 4 my pocket any time I wan go sip green bottle cos en don dey much. Even if u no wan find trouble, trouble must find u. If not 4 my mum I 4 sleep der dat night. I LOVE U SO MUCH MUM, I GO BUY CHOPPER 4 U wid 8 turbo engines, 18 CD changer and factory fitted AC 2 use dey go market and church. I just don tire 4 dz country and I wish boko haram go lend me small bomb make I go throw for all police and army baracks..make dem feel wetin I dey feel 4 dem. Chai... Rip lucy nwa..her parents diwe ya, otu naija di ugbua

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Outrage Greets FG's Threat To Monitor Vips, Others’ Social Media Posts / NBS: We Have No Data To Back Up Minister Of Labour's Claim On 7Million New Jobs / Obasanjo Farms Refutes Claims That They Are Government Funded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.