Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures (16163 Views)

Fayose Paying Compensation Before Demolishing Illegal Structures (picture) / Okorocha Demolishes Illegal Structures/Brothel In Owerri (Photos) / Every Illegal Structures In Aba Must Go Down, Vows Dr Ikpeazu (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by sylve11: 6:13pm On Oct 13, 2012
onye ego: Tired of bad news.
#shuts down all source of information, Returns to stone age

Lol! grin cool
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by peterowode: 6:14pm On Oct 13, 2012
Nigerian police killing the people they are suppose to be protecting

1 Like

Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by 2nedo(m): 6:25pm On Oct 13, 2012
Billyonaire: In sincerity, there is no time I see a policeman with a gun without my heart skipping a beat. I naturally feel the gun is too heavy for them to carry that it might just go off and accidentally discharge.
The so called naija police looks more like a hunter to me with those big guns(human hunters)
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by saleeh: 6:30pm On Oct 13, 2012
Nigeria police are not professionals or may be the police guy had been caused
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by Goldenheart(m): 6:56pm On Oct 13, 2012
give ur life to christ...
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by remzytimer: 7:03pm On Oct 13, 2012
Why can't they use their robber bullet..,. When are going stop the killing of innocent pple
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by vislabraye(m): 7:15pm On Oct 13, 2012
There's so much violence in this country. Unnecessary wickedness and blood shed.

I hope the authorities deal with this issue because its becoming too much.
And those clamouring for state police shld think again because it moght be worse.
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by lordmassac(m): 7:25pm On Oct 13, 2012
police self are BOKO APEOPLE on their own.... what rubish angry angry angry
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by Meristem: 7:36pm On Oct 13, 2012
##smmfh###
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by pretty3(f): 7:38pm On Oct 13, 2012
our police force is a mess, a very big mess at that. when d shooting was needed 2 scare d crowed in aluu, they claimed 2 have run out of bullets. God help this country. May her soul rest in piece
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 13, 2012
I posted a few days ago about the madness of Bala Mohammed and the illegality and use of security forces to harass ladies from 7pm, no one replied, I even requested it be put on the front page for where? Now a girl has been killed by the same thuggish ministers action it has come on front page, when something bad is being done we keep quiet and even justify it as long as it doesnt affect us, Bala Mohammed needs to be stopped. This is just a tip of the crazy illegal activities he is capable of.
You all are talking about the Police, didnt you read where the Police commisioner said he was not aware of the deployment of the men? Bala Mohammed in his usual manner takes police men, soldiers and other thugs to harass abuja citizens.
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by homealone2(m): 7:55pm On Oct 13, 2012
I tire for niaja oh, one week one calamity. God save us in dis country .
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by homealone2(m): 7:56pm On Oct 13, 2012
home alone: I tire for niaja oh, one week one calamity. God save us in dis country .
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by odedele: 8:12pm On Oct 13, 2012
y will fct go ahead demolishin despite court order? NPF has killed more civilian dan armed robber.
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 13, 2012
Not again! whats with october and killing of youths?! I suddenly feel so sick! angry
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by kawkab: 8:29pm On Oct 13, 2012
None of us here is addressing the main issues;

The first thing to ask is what are the quality of persons recruited into the police force. When you recruit the wrong person this is the results that you get.

What kind of training do we give our Policemen. Are they trained on proper rules of engagements, handling civil unrest, the limit of force/reasonably force etc. When they are not trained in these they would obviously not function well. In Nigeria a man in uniform thinks he is superior to the one in mufti same for soldiers and other security agencies. Money meant for refresher courses for men of the Nigerian Police is always misappropriated by the the upper echelon of the force. so some of these men can go for years without attending any training/refresher course.

The Police is a product of the Nigeria society; it just reflects a subset of the society. As it stands nothing is working and as such we should not expect anything good as it stands now from the Police.

The Police themselves has no internal monitoring and regulatory framework. in the US, there is the Internal Affairs unit which are plain cloths Policemen that try to monitor and Police the affairs of the Policemen themselves.

How well motivated are our police force; some of the these officer have stayed in a single position for so many years. Just last week I met a police corporal that have remained a Corporal for 8 years. How much are they paid. They buy their own uniform, buy their own shoes and the don't even see a future for themselves in the force only frustration.

More frustrating is the fact that any kind of person can find his way into the police force. when you have people of questionable character, people of unstable mind, frustrated persons and all sorts then what do you expect. Sometimes the civilian population contributes to this. When you have a brother that you know is stubborn and off dubious character, sometimes, the family raises money and give the necessary bribe for him/her to join the Police. when he get there what do you expect.

The above does not take away the fact that there are still decent men in the Nigerian Police.

1 Like

Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by Beync(f): 8:36pm On Oct 13, 2012
police is your friend is a lie of the century
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by epitome86: 9:34pm On Oct 13, 2012
oga ooooo....no day dat u wont hear of dis killing everywhere. Can we ever go a day in nigeria without dis disturbing stories. Baba na ur hand we dey ooo
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by crackhouse(m): 9:50pm On Oct 13, 2012
They only have powers when they are with the armless people but when they see armed robbers, they will begin to run like Tom & Jerry and that time u will know their legs are elastic.
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by Policewoman(f): 9:59pm On Oct 13, 2012
The average Nigerian policeman is a medieval trigger happy drunk lunatic. But i guess they are necessary evils. If they don't torment us with their AK47s, the armed robbers will.
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by Solozzo(m): 10:10pm On Oct 13, 2012
How is the police better than the vigilante group of Aluu. Shame.

They should be sued for negligence and dangerous behaviour and murder. An organisation of lawyers should be formed to help victims of police brutality seek justice in court. I'm sure they would make huge profits from the police and govt departments.
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by Solozzo(m): 10:16pm On Oct 13, 2012
kawkab: None of us here is addressing the main issues;

The first thing to ask is what are the quality of persons recruited into the police force. When you recruit the wrong person this is the results that you get.

What kind of training do we give our Policemen. Are they trained on proper rules of engagements, handling civil unrest, the limit of force/reasonably force etc. When they are not trained in these they would obviously not function well. In Nigeria a man in uniform thinks he is superior to the one in mufti same for soldiers and other security agencies. Money meant for refresher courses for men of the Nigerian Police is always misappropriated by the the upper echelon of the force. so some of these men can go for years without attending any training/refresher course.

The Police is a product of the Nigeria society; it just reflects a subset of the society. As it stands nothing is working and as such we should not expect anything good as it stands now from the Police.

The Police themselves has no internal monitoring and regulatory framework. in the US, there is the Internal Affairs unit which are plain cloths Policemen that try to monitor and Police the affairs of the Policemen themselves.

How well motivated are our police force; some of the these officer have stayed in a single position for so many years. Just last week I met a police corporal that have remained a Corporal for 8 years. How much are they paid. They buy their own uniform, buy their own shoes and the don't even see a future for themselves in the force only frustration.

More frustrating is the fact that any kind of person can find his way into the police force. when you have people of questionable character, people of unstable mind, frustrated persons and all sorts then what do you expect. Sometimes the civilian population contributes to this. When you have a brother that you know is stubborn and off dubious character, sometimes, the family raises money and give the necessary bribe for him/her to join the Police. when he get there what do you expect.

The above does not take away the fact that there are still decent men in the Nigerian Police.

Well done. A good write up. Next article, solutions!!
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 13, 2012
Everyday these people keeps giving me reasons to say that Nigeria is a failed state
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by logica(m): 11:05pm On Oct 13, 2012
vislabraye: You can imagine what would happen if there's state police.
Please use that your very imaginative mind and tell us.
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by makaveli1(m): 11:30pm On Oct 13, 2012
Our police officers need to undergo a 'crisis management' training, they need to understand how to be civil in dealing wit civilians whether in a riot or protest situation. Unless they get the basics this senseless killing by them will never abate! RIP lucy...
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by Tinyemeka(m): 11:48pm On Oct 13, 2012
Just last month when I was at Owerri, I'd gone to use the ATM at First Bank, Weatheral Road. A mad man had packed his stuff just by the fence of the bank. A Mopol man saw this man and in their usual aggressive manner, shouted at the man to vacate that area.

Now the mad man was slow in packing his stuff to leave the place. I was through with my transaction and had left the bank premises. I had taken the road that ran by the fence of the bank. At that moment I was passing the area where the madman was packing his stuff. Mopol man was shouting at the guy to leave. The man was behind a small structure under construction and the Mopol man couldn't exactly see the guy (and the madman was busy packing his things to leave).

Next thing I heard was a c.ock of a gun and this Mopol man just fired a shot, few feet from where I was passing. The bullet hit a stone and fragments from the stone flew and hit me on the cheek. Now I was just imagining what would have happened if that bullet had hit a hard spot and bounced up instead of penetrating the ground.

This policeman would just change the whole story and maybe label me a criminal just to justify his discharge of that gun.

These people are just trigger-happy. They eagerly anticipate opportunities to use those weapons without giving much regard for the consequences. We shouldn't give them that opportunity. Many of them get away with murder.
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by Queendo(f): 1:02am On Oct 14, 2012
rip. God pls save us frm ppl who are suppose to be protecting us.
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:44am On Oct 14, 2012
Just 20yrs!she had her whole life ahead of her but in one instant it was taken from her by those uncontrollable armed beasts we call police here. RIP Lucy.
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by Debrothz(m): 7:46am On Oct 14, 2012
God hep us frm all dis mess, hmm.....
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by kokoA(m): 8:41am On Oct 14, 2012
I have never met a good police man in my life. Those guys are cursed I think.
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by yugogos(m): 8:46am On Oct 14, 2012
Dem no see Boko Haram camp enter begin shoot sporadically?always high on roadside ogogoro
Re: Police Shoot Sales-Girl Dead In Abuja While Demolishing Illegal Structures by ijebabe: 10:00am On Oct 14, 2012
Poor girl. RIP

I saw her picture online and I feel so bad for her and the family who did nothing wrong but send her to make a life for herself.

If nothing is done about this, i'll, i'll...what can we do? embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Can’t Disclose Our Allowances – Senate / Obasanjo Farms Refutes Claims That They Are Government Funded / Rumbles Continue In DSS After Daura’s Exit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.