Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

The Emerging Biochemists - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Emerging Biochemists (6263 Views)

**Great Biochemists; Lets Meet Here** / Graduate And Undergraduate Biochemists.lets Talk. / A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Emerging Biochemists by bukahands(m): 7:26pm On Mar 25, 2013
i_amcourage: Great biochemist!! Am presently studying biochemistry at caritas uni, I must say that it has nt been easy buh with hardwork and prayer we will all come good,

Study well bro and u will surely succeed
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by alienware(m): 9:52pm On Apr 07, 2013
Daystarn: Sorry if i am asking too much questn,just want enlighten myself more.If u are considering public health where ad what of will u do?cause I askd a doctor friend of mine who does smthng like public if I cld go into public health,bt he sd it is possible,only thse who studied a profstnal course like medicine can do that.pls how true is dat? Pls answer all,just naive,thnks
am a highly experienced biochemist and i can tell you what that doctor friend of yours said is not true. I have a friend who graduated from kogi state university anyigba and he's now in unilag for m.sc in public health, he graduated 4.21. I wanted to go for m.sc in public health but i thought medical statistics at m.sc level will be an advantage,because i realised non-govermental jobs were springing up in nigeria. But then again i thought too many mbbs students were going for m.sc in public health and these guys will have an edge over me,so i thought going for m.sc in public health and medical stat with the hope of getting a job in a reputable non-govermental organisation will be competitive, i had another idea ! I have applied for a job at nestle,indomie,promasidor etal , i got the job but i declined the offer and decided to go for m.sc industrial biochemistry i will suggest anybody going for post graduate courses in biochemistry should try this. This course encapsulate many branches of manufacturing like food, pharmaceutical, etal. Don't go for biotechnology in nigeria, it is still in the nascent stage and u will hardly get a job except u are in australia,india,new zealand and canada where it has become lucrative. Do you know the next industrial revolution in africa and nigeria in particular will be in the food industry and light manufacturing ? I like industrial chemistry too,but i don't want to stress myself going for m.sc in that course. It's kinda hectic.

1 Like

Re: The Emerging Biochemists by BukkyDan(f): 1:28pm On Apr 08, 2013
Wow...its nice meeting you guys...
I'm a level two biochem student @ bayero uni Kano(would be starting lectures soon).
Please is biochemistry that difficult?
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by bukahands(m): 2:11pm On Apr 08, 2013
BukkyDan: Wow...its nice meeting you guys...
I'm a level two biochem student @ bayero uni Kano(would be starting lectures soon).
Please is biochemistry that difficult?

Its not a difficult course once u study well not just study but understand the course
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 12, 2013
@Bukahand thanks for your advice.

Bro pls I need you to give me some list of books you think would help me in further reading, am presently in year two and finding the course tasking but the grace of God has been sufficient. Pls if you also have an idea of the PRICE so as complement further reading after lecture
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by bukahands(m): 2:38pm On Apr 12, 2013
torres2: @Bukahand thanks for your advice.

Bro pls I need you to give me some list of books you think would help me in further reading, am presently in year two and finding the course tasking but the grace of God has been sufficient. Pls if you also have an idea of the PRICE so as complement further reading after lecture

Ok cool, I used lehninger principle of biochemistry, it cost between 3K-5K depending on the edition. Hope this helps
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 12, 2013
alienware: am a highly experienced biochemist and i can tell you what that doctor friend of yours said is not true. I have a friend who graduated from kogi state university anyigba and he's now in unilag for m.sc in public health, he graduated 4.21. I wanted to go for m.sc in public health but i thought medical statistics at m.sc level will be an advantage,because i realised non-govermental jobs were springing up in nigeria. But then again i thought too many mbbs students were going for m.sc in public health and these guys will have an edge over me,so i thought going for m.sc in public health and medical stat with the hope of getting a job in a reputable non-govermental organisation will be competitive, i had another idea ! I have applied for a job at nestle,indomie,promasidor etal , i got the job but i declined the offer and decided to go for m.sc industrial biochemistry i will suggest anybody going for post graduate courses in biochemistry should try this. This course encapsulate many branches of manufacturing like food, pharmaceutical, etal. Don't go for biotechnology in nigeria, it is still in the nascent stage and u will hardly get a job except u are in australia,india,new zealand and canada where it has become lucrative. Do you know the next industrial revolution in africa and nigeria in particular will be in the food industry and light manufacturing ? I like industrial chemistry too,but i don't want to stress myself going for m.sc in that course. It's kinda hectic.
really like ur input cos i'm currently considerin a course for my msc...dont u think biotechnology and industrial biochem r d same cos both r abt how living things can be exploited using technology?
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 12, 2013
bukahands:

Ok cool, I used lehninger principle of biochemistry, it cost between 3K-5K depending on the edition. Hope this helps

thanks
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Oxytocin712: 10:58pm On May 27, 2013
Great Metabolites; pls i want to know if someone can further (M.Sc) in biochemistry line with pgd in Education, though the fellow have Biochemistry as first degree. I.e. Can one use pgd in education to further in biochemistry. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Oxytocin712: 8:03pm On Jul 06, 2013
Where are the METABOLITES, pls let keep posting.
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Ovamboland(m): 10:52pm On Aug 10, 2013
wats up ppl? it is Daystarn, sorry for not being around all this while, where are the metabolites, pls dont let this forum die off, lets talk about us , lets initiate a topic and take this forum to the next level ,by the way, how are we taking this strike issue?
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Doclight(m): 12:18pm On Jul 12, 2014
bukahands:

I am serving in a school in Lagos like every1else, I am not settled on where to work yet, I am heading for masters am considering btw biotechnology, environmental science, public health.
public health?
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by PatEinstEin(m): 12:18am On Jul 13, 2014
Christine01: @ Daystarn, its molecular cell biology.I want to combine active research work with lecturing.

I have some e-books on Biochemistry:

Garret and Grisham- Biochemistry 2nd edition.
Colour atlas of Biochemistry, 2nd edition.
Biochemistry, 3rd edition by Mattews, Van Holde and Ahern.
Oxford Dictionary of Biochemistry and molecular Biology.
Biochemistry, 5th edition- Lubert Stryer
Principles of Biochemistry- Lehninger
Harper's Biochemistry, 26th edition... And some others.
Thanks!!! I was able to download @ bolded with the names u wrote. I already av @ italised. Do u mind sending d remaining to my e-mail? (Pls check my signature 4 d e-mail)
Thanks.

I'm a prospective 200 level BCH student.
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by dhayor58(m): 6:30am On Jul 13, 2014
Daystarn: Oh sorry I guess i missed that,I am in 100 level,my email is nike4christ16@yahoo.com thanks!
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Nobody: 6:49am On Jul 13, 2014
Davidgerald: hey guy....am a jambite dt ws admitted dis session...biochm....my drim is 2 bcom a medical doc...is dr anyway i culd do dis afta my graduatn 4rm sch....and plz being a biochmist...is it goin 2 b smooth 4 me wit an average hardwrk in sch.....ur replies wil b appreciated....@christine...if u culd spare sm 4 me i'd appreciate...
Another medical doctor wannabe. After graduating and successfully getting a job as a biochemist in a health centre, you will join JOHESU to fight doctors abi?
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Doclight(m): 8:20am On Jul 18, 2014
heard microbio z a bit better than biochem
Re: The Emerging Biochemists by Jason97: 9:19pm On Mar 26, 2015
oxaloacetate:
I finished from UNILAG, studied biochemistry, just rounded up my NySc in june. Am currently doing my masters in biochemistry. Its not easy but when u enjoy what u r doing nothing can stop you from acheiving your goal.
Pls...as a 200 lvl student, where would you advice I do my I.T at?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Difference Between Reference Letter And Letter Of Attestation / 10 People Who Survived Their Execution, / Most Lucrative Courses In Nigeria: No. 10 Will Shock You!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.