Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,172 members, 7,815,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Is Satan Immortal? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Satan Immortal? (2835 Views)

Evidence That Allah Is Satan: From The Words Of Muhammad / Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? / Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Satan Immortal? by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 14, 2012
Revelation 20:10 talks about torturing Satan in a lake of burning sulphur day and night forever and ever! Does that mean Satan is immortal & cannot be destroyed completely i.e to make him seize to exist?
Re: Is Satan Immortal? by DonaldGenes(m): 8:51am On Oct 14, 2012
He can die if God wants him to but God doesnt reason the way we all think,maybe God wants Him to suffer real goood for all his stupid attrocities,you know if satan dies w/o feelings the pains of death,so he has to feel it..
Re: Is Satan Immortal? by mkmyers45(m): 10:00am On Oct 14, 2012
Donalð Genes: He can die if God wants him to but God doesnt reason the way we all think,maybe God wants Him to suffer real goood for all his stupid attrocities,you know if satan dies w/o feelings the pains of death,so he has to feel it..
You are kidding right?
Re: Is Satan Immortal? by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 14, 2012
It seems that the Almighty Father does not like to destroy things like we humans. Otherwise, He would have bombed all the fallen angels, and magicians, wizards, as not forgetting the principalities and powers, and rulers of wickedness. . .. all the demons, and wipe our all the evil in the world.

Rather, He choses to be patient and clean out the corruption in the time He deems fit.
Re: Is Satan Immortal? by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 14, 2012
*dhtml:
It seems that the Almighty Father does not like to destroy things like we humans. Otherwise, He would have bombed all the fallen angels, and magicians, wizards, as not forgetting the principalities and powers, and rulers of wickedness. . .. all the demons, and wipe our all the evil in the world.

Rather, He choses to be patient and clean out the corruption in the time He deems fit.

The Bible says the devil would be tormented day and night for eternity (Rev. 20:10), does that mean annihilating him is not a possibility because he is immortal or God chooses to just let him suffer in the lake of burning sulphur forever?
Re: Is Satan Immortal? by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 14, 2012
seriallink:

The Bible says the devil would be tormented day and night for eternity (Rev. 20:10), does that mean annihilating him is not a possibility because he is immortal or God chooses to just let him suffer in the lake of burning sulphur forever?
As far as i know, spirits and souls are immortal in the actual sense. Whether they be human spirits, guardian spirits, fallen angels, demons - they are all immortal and will be punished in the lake of fire.
Re: Is Satan Immortal? by Nobody: 3:34am On Oct 23, 2012
*dhtml:

As far as i know, spirits and souls are immortal in the actual sense. Whether they be human spirits, guardian spirits, fallen angels, demons - they are all immortal and will be punished in the lake of fire.

So, you believe God will punish sinners' souls and spirits in hell for eternity? Well, I find it very difficult to believe in eternal torments for human sinners since we 're mere mortals; but for the devil and all the fallen angels, I don't know! Rev. 20:10 seems to explain a lot which was why I created this thread~ Spirit and soul being immortal, that, I don't know! Care to explain why you think spirits and souls are immortal?

God is spirit and He created all spirits, so, destroying it completely shouldn't be a problem to Him, what do you think?
Re: Is Satan Immortal? by Nobody: 4:05am On Oct 23, 2012
All spirits created by God is immortal. however he can shackle the undesirable spirits for a time of peace, in the bottomless pit
Re: Is Satan Immortal? by pastormustwacc: 5:38am On Oct 23, 2012
obadiah777: All spirits created by God is immortal. however he can shackle the undesirable spirits for a time of peace, in the bottomless pit
Exactly, for a time, that is what i said earlier (with my *dhtml id), our souls will be judged later on. The hell torment thing is not for christians that follow Jesus, it is for those that have chosen Satan as their God, those that serve other Gods, wiches, wizards, soccerers, murderers and all those that have failed to accept Christ into their lives and be renewed.
For christians who have practised and understand the power of Jesus, and still went back to serve the devil directly or indirectly, because lukewarmness shall be rejected.
Re: Is Satan Immortal? by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 23, 2012
obadiah777: All spirits created by God is immortal. however he can shackle the undesirable spirits for a time of peace, in the bottomless pit

Any scripture to back that up? Spirit immortal even after the second death?
Re: Is Satan Immortal? by ijawkid(m): 11:31am On Oct 23, 2012
Did you consider verse 14 of that same chapter??

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And death and hell were cast into the lake of
fire. This is the second death.

Satan would be completely annihilated and destroyed ........

Satan wouldn't be given the gift of immortality.....
Re: Is Satan Immortal? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 23, 2012
pastormustwacc:
Exactly, for a time, that is what i said earlier (with my *dhtml id), our souls will be judged later on. The hell torment thing is not for christians that follow Jesus, it is for those that have chosen Satan as their God, those that serve other Gods, wiches, wizards, soccerers, murderers and all those that have failed to accept Christ into their lives and be renewed.
For christians who have practised and understand the power of Jesus, and still went back to serve the devil directly or indirectly, because lukewarmness shall be rejected.
HAAAAAAAAA SO THIS IS DHTML ? LOL WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR OTHER ID ?
Re: Is Satan Immortal? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 23, 2012
seriallink:

Any scripture to back that up? Spirit immortal even after the second death?
ISAIAH 14 VS 1 But the LORD will have mercy on the descendants of Jacob. He will choose Israel as his special people once again. He will bring them back to settle once again in their own land. And people from many different nations will come and join them there and unite with the people of Israel. ISRAEL BEEN PARDONED AFTER THE SECOND DEATH

OBADIAH 17 But upon mount Zion shall be deliverance ISRAEL BEEN DELIEVERED AND PARDONED FROM SECOND DEATH

ROMANS 11 VS 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: ALL ISRAEL SAVED AND PARDONED FROM SECOND DEATH

EZEKIEL 39 VS 25 ;Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name ISRAEL BEEN PARDONED AFTER SECOND DEATH

MICAH 7 VS 19 He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea. PARDONED AFTER SECOND DEATH

THE SECOND DEATH BEEN SPOKEN ABOUT IN THE BOOK OF REVELATIONS IS THE SECOND DEATH OF THE GENTILES. JEWS STARTED THEIR SECOND DEATH RIGHT AROUND AFTER THE FLOOD. JEWS SECOND DEATH ENDS WHEN CHRIST COMES BACK.
Re: Is Satan Immortal? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 23, 2012
ijawkid: Did you consider verse 14 of that same chapter??

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And death and hell were cast into the lake of
fire. This is the second death.

Satan would be completely annihilated and destroyed ........

Satan wouldn't be given the gift of immortality.....
SOUNDS CRAZY WHEN I SAY THIS BUT THE LORD HAS A WAY OF KILLING THE SOUL IN A LIVING MAN. SOME PEOPLE AMONGST US ARE WALKING AROUND BUT HAVE SOULS THAT ARE DEAD AND IN THE GRAVEYARD ( HELL ). THIS IS WHAT IT MEANS WHEN IT SAYS BE SCARED OF THE ONE WHO CAN KILL THE SOUL IN HELL. I DONT THINK 'DEATH AND HELL WERE CAST INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE' HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH SATAN. I THINK THAT MEANS THAT IN THE SECOND RESSURECTION OF CHRIST, THE LORD WILL NOT HAVE ANY REASON TO PUNISH PEOPLE WITH 'DEATH AND HELL' AGAIN. GRACE PERIOD WILL BE OVER SO YOU GET PUNISHED IMMEDIATELY FOR YOUR CRIMES. NO NEED TO RESERVE YOU UNTO DEATH AND HELL
Re: Is Satan Immortal? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 23, 2012

Ezekiel 28“‘You were the seal of perfection,
full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
13 You were in Eden,
the garden of God;
every precious stone adorned you:
carnelian, chrysolite and emerald,
topaz, onyx and jasper,
lapis lazuli, turquoise and beryl.
Your settings and mountings[c] were made of gold;
on the day you were created they were prepared.
14 You were anointed as a guardian cherub,
for so I ordained you.
You were on the holy mount of God;
you walked among the fiery stones.
15 You were blameless in your ways
from the day you were created
till wickedness was found in you.
16 Through your widespread trade
you were filled with violence,
and you sinned.
So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God,
and I expelled you, guardian cherub,
from among the fiery stones.

17 Your heart became proud
on account of your beauty,
and you corrupted your wisdom
because of your splendor.
So I threw you to the earth;
I made a spectacle of you before kings.

18 By your many sins and dishonest trade
you have desecrated your sanctuaries.
So I made a fire come out from you,
and it consumed you,
and I reduced you to ashes on the ground
in the sight of all who were watching.

19 All the nations who knew you
are appalled at you;
you have come to a horrible end
and will be no more.’”

Hebrews 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil

Malachi 4:1-3 "Surely the day is coming; it will burn like a furnace. All the arrogant and every evildoer will be stubble, and that day that is coming will set them on fire," says the LORD Almighty. "Not a root or a branch will be left to them. But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall. Then you will trample down the wicked; they will be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day when I do these things," says the LORD Almighty.

Psalm 104:35 But may sinners vanish from the earth and the wicked be no more

SATAN , demons and all the wicked will be destroyed.

2 Likes

Re: Is Satan Immortal? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 23, 2012
^^^^ Thanks for those Bible passages frosbel
Re: Is Satan Immortal? by pastormustwacc: 8:00pm On Oct 23, 2012
obadiah777: HAAAAAAAAA SO THIS IS DHTML ? LOL WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR OTHER ID ?
Banned i think, for saying too much garri on board. Now why art thou laffin?

I know you will have been wondering that who is this weird guy!
Re: Is Satan Immortal? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 23, 2012
pastormustwacc:
Banned i think, for saying too much garri on board. Now why art thou laffin?

I know you will have been wondering that who is this weird guy!
LMAO SO YOU WERE PART OF THE GARRI CREW ? LOL. I AM LAFFIN AT YA NEW NAME. I NEVER REALLY PAID CLOSE ATTENTION TO WHAT IT SAID
Re: Is Satan Immortal? by pastormustwacc: 12:19am On Oct 24, 2012
^^^yes, i joined the garri crew and got banned for it. i have changed these days, before i used to become "seun terrorist" whenever i get banned. For now, i am occupied with the medical world and have left website development world for the time. When i return to the webmasters board, i will become *dhtml again.

1 Like

Re: Is Satan Immortal? by truthislight: 8:12pm On Oct 24, 2012
seriallink:

So, you believe God will punish sinners' souls and spirits in hell for eternity? Well, I find it very difficult to believe in eternal torments for human sinners since we 're mere mortals; but for the devil and all the fallen angels, I don't know! Rev. 20:10 seems to explain a lot which was why I created this thread~ Spirit and soul being immortal, that, I don't know! Care to explain why you think spirits and souls are immortal?

God is spirit and He created all spirits, so, destroying it completely shouldn't be a problem to Him, what do you think?

1 Like

Re: Is Satan Immortal? by ijawkid(m): 8:34pm On Oct 24, 2012
Many forget that immortality is a gift The almighty Gives.......

And that gift is what satan and his cohorts can never attain....
Re: Is Satan Immortal? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 24, 2012
^^^ Thank you Ijawkid
Re: Is Satan Immortal? by truthislight: 1:50pm On Oct 25, 2012
ijawkid: Many forget that immortality is a gift The almighty Gives.......

And that gift is what satan and his cohorts can never attain....

is there a difference between immortality and everlasting life?

I thing that immortality has to do with attaining certain inbuilt power that makes ones indistructible.

While everlasting life has to do with being permanently connectected to the source of life.

Since God is the giver of the power that makes one immortal, cant God be able to witdraw the power that made that one immortal?

That God says that one cannot be destroyed or immortal, does that then include that the one is indistructible by God also?

I dont even think that satan is immortal, since christ is the first of its kind.

(1) (Reply)

Latest Revelation About Pastor Ajanaku / A Sad Story Of Infants Going To Hell Fire / HELP, I Am Stuck In Life And I Think It Is Spiritual(cobweb)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.