Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,060 members, 7,818,175 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? (12084 Views)

Catholic Priest Slumps And Dies In Anambra During Church Service / 8 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Service / A Boring Church Service - Can You Justify It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by SisiKill1: 1:31pm On Oct 14, 2012
Na wa oh! It is absolutely appalling how many people sleep during service. Sometimes we just don't appreciate the opportunity these services gives us to know ourselves. undecided

For instance I now know how long I can go without rolling my eyes at bullshite (one minute thirty seconds is my personal best....not trying to boast or anything. cool )

I also know I can go five minutes without mentally going "Yeah freaking right" or "Give me a freaking break" (This one was really hard because I think of not mentally going yeah right at moments when the pastor is talking about something that deserves a Yeah freaking right...that exercise can be mind bending, so be very careful when you try it)

At the moment I am working on how long it takes me to guess what Pastor will preach about from the kind of songs sang and testimonies given before the sermon. I'm sure you are thinking this one is easy naa...Pastor's sermon will always be about giving, so what's there to guess....well you are partially right but there are two parts to the "Be a Cheerful Giver" sermon. The first part, you already know but the second part, the harder part is trying to figure out what angle the pastor will take to get to that message.

When more than two people talk about losing jobs, suffering for months to get another and some dying moment....a job they didn't even know about landed on their lap the Monday after the Sunday they vowed that they will pay their tithes....You know Pastor is going to use the PUNISHMENT for not being a Cheerful Giver angle to get to the message.

If more than two people give testimonies about sudden showers of blessing...added to an already bountiful harvest of blessings. You know Pastor is gonna use the REWARDS of being a cheerful giver angle to get to the message.

I can tell you more but I am sure you get the message...which again is this - Brethren don't misuse this opportunity know and understand thy self. STOP SLEEPING IN CHURCH.

Bless You. smiley

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by seechris(m): 1:32pm On Oct 14, 2012
geezonaire: Ask ursef how do u cope in a boring friday nightclub? God won't force u, he can raise stone to serve him..
Bros some sermons are boring, not every so called man of God has the gift of preaching.
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by Mikebrown(m): 1:41pm On Oct 14, 2012
Dere is neva a dull moment in d house of d lord
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by tinuolababy(f): 1:44pm On Oct 14, 2012
:-
Heeyhun: For me, i take solace in my phone, sometimes i surf the net or scan through my pictures or just endlessly rummage my phone like i never used it before.

What about you?
. No dull moment in Daystar. Just 45 minutes aπϑ Tђξ Choir ministration is waoh. kiss
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by sanchez4eva: 1:48pm On Oct 14, 2012
Some sermons are boring die...let us be honest because no be everyday basketmouth jokes dey sweet...I use my phone or I start thinking about how to solve a particular problem. The important thing is I make sure that I learn something new every sunday. By d way all of una wey dey sleep for toilet I greet you all.
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 14, 2012
tinuolababy: :-. No dull moment in Daystar. Just 45 minutes Α̲̅πϑ Tђξ Choir ministration is waoh. kiss
Yes sistah! Sadly, not all of us feel that way.

To return fully back to church, i will need special fasting, binding and casting, brainwashing too. . .it is really crazy what goes on in churches these days.
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by benodic: 1:55pm On Oct 14, 2012
I have never been bored in an Eckankar worship service. It lasts only one hour and has an interactive and contemplation session. never a dull moment.

You always leave with something practical that you apply in your life that will help you make your life and that of others better.
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by adonisgold: 2:15pm On Oct 14, 2012
berem: Can't remember the last time I stepped my foot in a church premises not to talk of attending a service. Lord have mercy on my soul!cry

Amen! just like me too.
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by minute(f): 2:17pm On Oct 14, 2012
Have you ever seen the services at a charismatic church? Some of them get rather active...people hopping around,
speaking in tongues,tossing snakes back and forth, breaking out into song...

Studied them a bit back in college.
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by Heeyhun(f): 2:23pm On Oct 14, 2012
mike404:
And you forgot to tell us that you are a MUSLIM and ya real name is HASSAN IYUNADE. IDIET sad
and you're too stupid to know its not polite to write someone's name on a forum...attention seeking F**L
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by searay(m): 2:26pm On Oct 14, 2012
There's never any dull moment for me because the keyboard is always there with me. If during the msg, I'll quietly go to the console and my Pastor will understand.
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by yeye4live(m): 2:26pm On Oct 14, 2012
As 4me I start lokin at d girl I can chat up n take home
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 14, 2012
wink
yeye4live: As 4me I start lokin at d girl I can chat up n take home
you are really living up to ur username.
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by crackhouse(m): 2:42pm On Oct 14, 2012
What a coincedence, how did u know i was in a boring church service today?
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by wiegraf: 3:05pm On Oct 14, 2012
I wonder how many people deal with 'congy'...
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:10pm On Oct 14, 2012
commit lookery church has some of the most tightly-clad bottoms on sundays wink

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by Clemzy16(m): 3:30pm On Oct 14, 2012
I just fall back and sleep! sleep!! sleep!!! Hardly a sunday i don't sleep in church. God have mercy on me...
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by oladayo042: 3:31pm On Oct 14, 2012
Read my bible while feigning examining the bible passage given by the pastor.
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by OmoAlata(f): 3:54pm On Oct 14, 2012
I have my Search the Scriptures in my bag (3 year bible study course). When they start speaking the twi language in my husband's church grin, I take it out and do some Bible study so my time is not all wasted smiley
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by xuleiman: 3:57pm On Oct 14, 2012
make una dey open una nyash 4 public beside i new xtainity was neva 2 b taken seriously n as a matter of fact pple are still gud xtain bcus islam has confirm dat religion if not de way de adherent worship cld hv discourage a lot of fifu how cld u b doin such u all said in church hmmm may Allah 4give una
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by larrymoore(m): 4:09pm On Oct 14, 2012
jhydebaba: I simply go to the bar, take some shine shine bobo and when I come back to the church I'm gonna lite it up.

*who born boringness?*
thx man, once l feel bore l just ask google
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by larrymoore(m): 4:18pm On Oct 14, 2012
berem: Can't remember the last time I stepped my foot in a church premises not to talk of attending a service. Lord have mercy on my soul!cry
u ar just like me in dat respect, can we go togethr next time
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by drnoel: 4:20pm On Oct 14, 2012
all of u go to church to distract true christians, may God have mercy on u all. Hell is real ooo grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by larrymoore(m): 4:22pm On Oct 14, 2012
abiL: Use my phone, like I'm doing now, or go to the toilet to either sleep or fix my make-up. Most times I just leave.. Church isn't by force.
l so much fear u, u sleep in d toilet? Or sometin!
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by AfroBlue(m): 4:51pm On Oct 14, 2012
some ppl church online these days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x9WkR0HQbs
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by lawizle(m): 4:55pm On Oct 14, 2012
Heeyhun: For me, i take solace in my phone, sometimes i surf the net or scan through my pictures or just endlessly rummage my phone like i never used it before.

What about you?

Guy yu no fit try dat one for Canaanland o!
Once yu enter church network go flee from yu.
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by lawizle(m): 5:00pm On Oct 14, 2012
dre junior: Hahahaha I always crash, Τ̲̅ђε̲ most embarrassing moment ώɑ̣̣̝̇̇ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ ​WξŊ I fell den ma chair Τ̲̅ђε̲ fuckin pastor ώɑ̣̣̝̇̇ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ jxt starring at Me

Guy yu suppose dey sleep for Nigeria!!! Yu sleep till yu fall down

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by Mintayo(m): 5:50pm On Oct 14, 2012
I pity all of us!
That is why most of us go to church and don't get blessed; pressing fone,lookin ard and sleeping in church is a sign 'lukwarmness' and unspiritual, all these are devices used by satan to destract us and deny us our blessings!
Satan knws that just A WORD 4m the man of God(whether boring or not) can transform our lives 4 good,therefore he will do everything to distract us in church!
I will say before u leave your house in the morning,pray to god against all distraction and everything that will hinder u from being blessed! Most times the problem is not with the service bt the problem is always with US!!!

HAVE U NOT WONDER Y D PASTORS ARE THE ONES DT ARE SOMETIMES BLESSED ATIMES
May God have mercy!
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by Ninilowo(m): 6:10pm On Oct 14, 2012
.....alwayz with my dark shade then I sleep off.......zzzzzzzz
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by Hotdiamond(m): 6:33pm On Oct 14, 2012
Afro_Blue: some ppl church online these days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x9WkR0HQbs
LMCAO. Lol.
Re: How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? by kedukc(m): 6:41pm On Oct 14, 2012
quit church early 2000's. Total waste of precious tym.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What's Your Prophecy For 2020 / Trust, Humility & Sacrifice - The Secrets Of The Wealthiest Men In The Bible / I Choose To Praise God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.