Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time (42653 Views)

Why Having A Phd Is A Waste – Bishop Oyedepo / Pastor Chris And T.b Joshua Are Satanic. (pst Chris Is A White Demon) / Pst Chris Oyakhilome And T.b Joshua Are Secret Agent Of The Devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by kessyur: 6:19pm On Oct 14, 2012
Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time And Very Improper-pst. Chris

i just finish listening to Pst. Chris Ojigbani. He spoke bitterly against courtship which he described as a waste of time. According to the renowned marriage counselor, you can never study a partner in toto so why waste time. He said two people can never be compatible . I kind of see some facts in what he said. What are your opinions?

2 Likes

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by jigwe101: 6:23pm On Oct 14, 2012
I disagree. Courtship based on God's will is the best. God said do not be un equally yoked so how else are you going to know if someone is an authentic christian except through courtship. At least thats my view on it. I

11 Likes

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by kessyur: 6:33pm On Oct 14, 2012
jigwe101: I disagree. Courtship based on God's will is the best. God said do not be un equally yoked so how else are you going to know if someone is an authentic christian except through courtship. At least thats my view on it. I
He sited an example with your question that during courtship either party will do everything to please the other. If a guy finds out that you are the churchy kind, she will do same to please you.

2 Likes

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by pheyikemi: 8:18pm On Oct 14, 2012
No link sef. Anyway sha, thru courtship, i bliv u get to knw d othr person's character, do's nd dont's, likes nd dislikes, at least to an xtent. Is he now implying dat wen u c a stranger, u needn't get to knw him/her jez go ahead nd marry urselves and afta a few days divorce urselves??

1 Like

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by kessyur: 9:36pm On Oct 14, 2012
pheyikemi: No link sef. Anyway sha, thru courtship, i bliv u get to knw d othr person's character, do's nd dont's, likes nd dislikes, at least to an xtent. Is he now implying dat wen u c a stranger, u needn't get to knw him/her jez go ahead nd marry urselves and afta a few days divorce urselves??

even when i said i watched it on air. Any Pst. Chris said that courtship is the cause of most divorce as couples get shocked at the other spouse behavioral attitudes which is an aberration of the alluring attitudes during courtship.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 15, 2012
Mr pastor Whoever, with all due respects, shut tha fark up!

10 Likes

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by vivianc(f): 10:07am On Oct 15, 2012
sexkillz: Mr pastor Whoever, with all due respects, shut tha fark up!

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 15, 2012
this post should be hidden! Courtship or not, we should pray for the best

12 Likes

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by cindyrella(f): 10:28am On Oct 15, 2012
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 15, 2012
Fake pastors everywhere! grin
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 15, 2012
kessyur: i just finish listening to Pst. Chris Ojigbani. He spoke bitterly against courtship which he described as a waste of time. According to the renowned marriage counselor, you can never study a partner in toto so why waste time. He said two people can never be compatible . I kind of see some facts in what he said. What are your opinions?

If it involves immoral practices that are rampant nowadays amongst courting couples, then its absolutely not good viewing it from the moral and religious stand point...but from the worldly and trendy view, its the craze of the society and if you aren't doing same, people see you as ABNORMAL...so let everyone please whom he desires to please- God, conscience, man, or society...its up to them...but pastor must say the truth no matter who it hurts grin

10 Likes

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by DukeNija(m): 12:42pm On Oct 15, 2012
I agree with the Pastor.
Courtship won't change a thing.

Its not a must. With all the actors playing safe patiently awaiting the grand Finale.

14 Likes

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 15, 2012
Duke_Nija: I agree with the Pastor.
Courtship won't change a thing.

Its not a must. With all the actors playing safe patiently awaiting the grand Finale.

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 15, 2012
@op. Since u agree with pastor chris dat courtship is unimportant, can we pls go to court next week and get married since i like you??
Mtcheww.....! Absolute bullshit!
#thread burnt.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by amaikama(m): 1:35pm On Oct 15, 2012
fluid26: Fake pastors everywhere! grin

just like u abi? grin
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by amaikama(m): 1:38pm On Oct 15, 2012
booqee: @op. Since u agree with pastor chris dat courtship is unimportant, can we pls go to court next week and get married since i like you??
Mtcheww.....! Absolute bullshit!
#thread burnt.
u think its bull shit!!!.... pls tell me,Adam and Eve,what sort of courtship did they entered into before they got married and even at that,what happened at the end? if God can be in the center of the marriage and still have storms,wat of the ones He is not in the center?

3 Likes

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 15, 2012
I'm so disappointed dat you'll use d case of adam and eve as example. Theirs was a divinely created union..so why of course would they need courtship??
Abeg park well.

9 Likes

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mochame(f): 2:31pm On Oct 15, 2012
Lying ass pastor!!!
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Jambsupport(f): 3:07pm On Oct 15, 2012
It a lie wat da fuccck z he sayin
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by MadCow1: 3:22pm On Oct 15, 2012
[size=14pt] Please!! Please!!! Please!!!!!!!

Before you respond to this thread.. I want you to google

'Testimonies from Chris Ojigbani Marriage crusade on Youtube'...

I swear, NITE OF A THOUSAND LAUGHS has nothing on it.. [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by safarigirl(f): 3:27pm On Oct 15, 2012
kessyur:
He sited an example with your question that during courtship either party will do everything to please the other. If a guy finds out that you are the churchy kind, she will do same to please you.
You can only keep up an act fo so long, a courtship of a year or two, though not void of one or two deceits here and there, is much better than jumping into marriage with a total stranger, that's primitive and naive, how can you enter a life time union without having basic knowledge of your partner?

Little things like his/her favourite food, tv programs, hang out spots, birthday, are some necessities, likes and dislikes included, you might nopt have a total knowledge, cos things will still come out during marriage, even couples who have been married twenty years don't know some things about each other, but courtship is highly necessary for a basic relationship with anyone.

Pastor is just looking for customers that will bring marital problems to him and come for one deliverance/revival or the other when shele happen for marriage.

5 Likes

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by slap1(m): 3:29pm On Oct 15, 2012
I think it's not a total waste of time. Since change is constant, we can say that courtship does not present the platform to know everything about a partner.

1 Like

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by seedord247(m): 3:31pm On Oct 15, 2012
Islam has already say all these things. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by john365: 3:34pm On Oct 15, 2012
kessyur:

this is the case if she knows you are looking for a wife. but i can't imagine why a man will just meet a lady and tell her he wants to marry her. in my opinion have a relationship with a lady during that time you will know if you like her enough to be your wife then you can ask for her hand in marriage so i dont see how she will cheat this way.

1 Like

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by divinelove(m): 3:34pm On Oct 15, 2012
kessyur: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time And Very Improper-pst. Chris

i just finish listening to Pst. Chris Ojigbani. He spoke bitterly against courtship which he described as a waste of time. According to the renowned marriage counselor, you can never study a partner in toto so why waste time. He said two people can never be compatible . I kind of see some facts in what he said. What are your opinions?

courtship of not less than 2yrs is absolutely impt before marriage. While you may nt kw everything abt ur partner within this period, u ll kw enough to tolerate d ones unknown when they start coming until death do u part. 100 percent compatible is nt possible even for identical twins.

1 Like

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by andyzoga: 3:35pm On Oct 15, 2012
I think he should give us examples in d Bible because I know Mary was in courtship with Joseph when she conceived.

2 Likes

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 15, 2012
THIS POST HAS BEEN HIDDEN.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by olawaletaiwo(m): 3:39pm On Oct 15, 2012
Olorun ku se.. baba, awon baba, exudos 16..
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 15, 2012
If a pastor gives his opinion, people assume it to be the way of the Lord. Why don't you use common sense before you bring a stranger into your spiritual and emotional life?

and for the record, courtship lessens marriage problems.

2 Likes

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by kayfx2(m): 3:39pm On Oct 15, 2012
hmm...Well ,as long as i would want to agree with this man...i still think something is definitely wrong with the way he laid down his message..for me , long term courtship is what i don't buy at all...6months max fini

2 Likes

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 15, 2012
fluid26: Fake pastors everywhere! grin
am sure the eediot didn't court his wife too! Bloody hypocrites!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

.::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! / Two Brothers Batter Church Ushers Over Indecent Dressing / "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.