Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,989 members, 7,835,320 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time (42687 Views)

Why Having A Phd Is A Waste – Bishop Oyedepo / Pastor Chris And T.b Joshua Are Satanic. (pst Chris Is A White Demon) / Pst Chris Oyakhilome And T.b Joshua Are Secret Agent Of The Devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by dgregs336(m): 4:02am On Oct 17, 2012
Dat pastor dey crase winkDat pastor dey crase
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by temiflex01(m): 4:33am On Oct 17, 2012
m.k.o2005:

The spirit has got nothing to do with courtship.Agrred that you have to accept who you are marrying in heart and in spirit.Please see below:
If you dnt know where you are going to,ask for God's direction
After you have been directed to ur would be life partner or to WHERE you will find her,and you see who you LIKE,
You will find out that the person will be a 'christian'becos God is directing you,
Ask yourself a question concerning your future life with that person you hav seen and liked,
If you experience calmness of the heart havin asked urself that question,
Please note that the calmness or disturbance in heart is a sure possible ways God speaks to even a baby christian,
Havin considered all the above to be on the positive side,go ahead and propose to the person.
Because you have been directed by God does not mean the person can not object to ur marriage proposal,
This is where you start to work to make her accept you but not as in the case of Courtship where you go into relationship to study,learn or for compatibility check.
If the would be life partner accepts you,inform your parents and she would do same then you guys can start to plan for marriager and not courtship but in a situation where she refuses to accept you,move on with life and apply same principle yuou will see you will get married easily.
I tell you my brother,the devil does not want us to get married hence courtship which most certainly leads to pre-marital sex and God's wrath towards us the chosen.
The coming of the lord will be like the days of Noah men will be getting married and giving out their daughters in marriage.The devil does not still like this one hence his strategic and devlish delays through courtship and others !
Remain blessed.

dts what u say in the name of xtianity to sisters in church, God said u r my wife abi? God is interesting anyway..I have a brother in my church dt followed thesame step has uhv advised..he&d lady are both in d usherin deprtment..he found interest in d lady, within few weeks, they made dr intention knwn to the pastor, and the pastor didnt oppose to it, like a month later dey got married in church. The lady is a nurse, after a yr&few monts of lookin for a child, he visit places to pray, one of d places he do visit to pray, he was givin a blessed water&d pastor advised her wife must drink out of it in some minutes tyme&join the prayer dey are abt doin wit one mind. the man nw ran to her wife place of work to give her the message, on gettin to her office@d hospital, thou he do visit frequently and the receptionist recognised him has one of dir nurse husband, so she ordered him to go check her wife somwhr inside, gettin in&openin one of the wards door, he found her wife under d doctor. It was later findings made him realise some workers of d hospital knw abt it, that they use to hv regular sex wit each other&they never told him wit all his regular visit. The only tin was to thank God for d man dt he finally found out who he married has wife. it was a situation dt threw d whole church in confusion, cos d case was brought to pastor in church. The only word d woman was sayin is dt d pastor forced d guy on her dt she did not love him. wht a woman the guy married&did a white wedding wit. I am not disappointed anyway, cos d union was too short, whn they met&get married is not up to 2monts or 2monts.
So in marriage situation i dont need to follow anybody, if u like quote bible frm today till 2morrow, give example of moses, abraham or solomon, ur pocket, blessed be unto the man that did it wit brain, those ones did it according to situations of life then&worked for them, I dont need to follow dir style, tins has changed, like it or not, u must change wit it. I will explore my brain&mind, dts y God gave it to us, not just to follow d way of all d prophets in d bible, we shld hv bin created sheep then, so we cld just follow follow no option. I will be in a minimum courtship of a year wit d lady, blend her to my taste@ least 60% before marriage. Its my choice! dont advise me on wht to do, do it for urself.
He that finds a wife found a good tin not He that was told how&listen to how to find a wife. Let me do it my own way, thnks!!

1 Like

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Ifilinwa(f): 6:25am On Oct 17, 2012
kessyur: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time And Very Improper-pst. Chris

i just finish listening to Pst. Chris Ojigbani. He spoke bitterly against courtship which he described as a waste of time. According to the renowned marriage counselor, you can never study a partner in toto so why waste time. He said two people can never be compatible . I kind of see some facts in what he said. What are your opinions?
so then, how do i find out if me nd partner are compatible??
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 10:51am On Oct 17, 2012
temiflex01:
y wld u agree? becos he is a pastor, God gave all beings a mindset to discover yourself&knw wht suits u. Marriage aspect, u jst need ur mindset&pray to God. u dont hv to follow d idea dt worked 4 som1 else, it may not work for u.
Who also told u it wont change a thing, it wld definately reduce so many tins dt may hv gone haywire. dont be blindfolded by belifs. think!!
You dnt have to follow the pastor but the word of God and if it's coming from the pastor fine and good. What good do you think courtship can do for you ? Pls tell me some more !
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 10:54am On Oct 17, 2012
Ifilinwa: so then, how do i find out if me nd partner are compatible??
You will find out in marriage and work on what so ever you see. Those who thot they were compartible and went ahead to get married,filled in for divorce days,weeks,months or some few yrs after.Ask for divine direction and start to work it out in marriage.God bless you.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 11:14am On Oct 17, 2012
temiflex01:

dts what u say in the name of xtianity to sisters in church, God said u r my wife abi? God is interesting anyway..I have a brother in my church dt followed thesame step has uhv advised..he&d lady are both in d usherin deprtment..he found interest in d lady, within few weeks, they made dr intention knwn to the pastor, and the pastor didnt oppose to it, like a month later dey got married in church. The lady is a nurse, after a yr&few monts of lookin for a child, he visit places to pray, one of d places he do visit to pray, he was givin a blessed water&d pastor advised her wife must drink out of it in some minutes tyme&join the prayer dey are abt doin wit one mind. the man nw ran to her wife place of work to give her the message, on gettin to her office@d hospital, thou he do visit frequently and the receptionist recognised him has one of dir nurse husband, so she ordered him to go check her wife somwhr inside, gettin in&openin one of the wards door, he found her wife under d doctor. It was later findings made him realise some workers of d hospital knw abt it, that they use to hv regular sex wit each other&they never told him wit all his regular visit. The only tin was to thank God for d man dt he finally found out who he married has wife. it was a situation dt threw d whole church in confusion, cos d case was brought to pastor in church. The only word d woman was sayin is dt d pastor forced d guy on her dt she did not love him. wht a woman the guy married&did a white wedding wit. I am not disappointed anyway, cos d union was too short, whn they met&get married is not up to 2monts or 2monts.
So in marriage situation i dont need to follow anybody, if u like quote bible frm today till 2morrow, give example of moses, abraham or solomon, ur pocket, blessed be unto the man that did it wit brain, those ones did it according to situations of life then&worked for them, I dont need to follow dir style, tins has changed, like it or not, u must change wit it. I will explore my brain&mind, dts y God gave it to us, not just to follow d way of all d prophets in d bible, we shld hv bin created sheep then, so we cld just follow follow no option. I will be in a minimum courtship of a year wit d lady, blend her to my taste@ least 60% before marriage. Its my choice! dont advise me on wht to do, do it for urself.
He that finds a wife found a good tin not He that was told how&listen to how to find a wife. Let me do it my own way, thnks!!
Ok bro.No one is forcing anything on any one here.It's obvious that what the bible says matters less to u cos you said if i klike i should quote everything in the bible that it does not matter.
Concerning the lady who was unfaithful to her husband,it does not mean becos she goes to church and for that reason she is a christian,no.Or for the mere fact that the pastor gave a nod to their union and wedded them does not make the pastor any less a man of God or the one responsible for the break up or the promiscuity of the lady in question.The guide lines i gave i never mentioned pastor but you,God and the partner in question. When you ask for God's direction,u will sure be guided and get married to a christian.When u eventually get married,it does not mean every thing will be all rosy but there will be challenges but for the lady to EASILY fall for infidelity, means she has got nothing of the trait of the holy spirit.If u engage in fornication now,marriage will not make you stop it,rather you will only be committing adultery cos u are married now.Go with the WORD and not the world or church ! The word should be all and all ! He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favour from the lord.Pls note,this saying is for BELIEVERS and not for un believers ! I'm not judging any man but that's what the scripture says ! The bible says:Do not be deceived,God is not mocked !
Follow ur heart as you said .May God bless you.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 11:15am On Oct 17, 2012
temiflex01:

Ok bro.No one is forcing anything on any one here.It's obvious that what the bible says matters less to u cos you said if i klike i should quote everything in the bible that it does not matter.
Concerning the lady who was unfaithful to her husband,it does not mean becos she goes to church and for that reason she is a christian,no.Or for the mere fact that the pastor gave a nod to their union and wedded them does not make the pastor any less a man of God or the one responsible for the break up or the promiscuity of the lady in question.The guide lines i gave i never mentioned pastor but you,God and the partner in question. When you ask for God's direction,u will sure be guided and get married to a christian.When u eventually get married,it does not mean every thing will be all rosy but there will be challenges but for the lady to EASILY fall for infidelity, means she has got nothing of the trait of the holy spirit.If u engage in fornication now,marriage will not make you stop it,rather you will only be committing adultery cos u are married now.Go with the WORD and not the world or church ! The word should be all and all ! He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favour from the lord.Pls note,this saying is for BELIEVERS and not for un believers ! I'm not judging any man but that's what the scripture says ! The bible says:Do not be deceived,God is not mocked !
Follow ur heart as you said .May God bless you.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 11:57am On Oct 17, 2012
striktlymi:

Ills of not courting before marriage:

1) It's a typical sign of desperation and anything done out of desperation is hardly of God. God is patient!
2) It is tantamount to marrying a total stranger.
3) So called Christian brothers use it as a medium to deceiving unsuspecting sisters.
4) It can lead you to marrying a guy who is impotent.
5) One can marry a prostitute or someone who is gay without knowing.
6) It can lead to marrying someone whose genotype is not a match with yours.
7) It can lead to a cry of 'had I known'.
cool Not courting makes someone reckless and cheap.
9) It can lead someone to marrying a killer. There are so many dangerous people out there.
10) It can lead to so many other ills and disadvantages. Just think about it, if courting has its disadvantages what about not courting?
You said it's a sign of desperation. - Now if i pray to God for direction and he directs me to some one i like and is a christian,i propose and she accepts,what stops me from going ahead with marriage plans ? How does it mean desperation ?U want me to wait and be doing what after bin directed by God ?
You said it's tantamount to marrying a total stranger - If i'm divinely directed,and i get married to a person who knows God and God knows her,How is the person now a stranger ?If you say she is a stranger to me,what do i want to know that i will not learn and know about the person durring our marriage plans ? I.e families meeting,arranging the court papers,going for the blood test,meeting our different church committees who in most cases fix the date for the wedding proper. Pls note :All these are part of the marriage preparations and not COURTSHIP since courtship is a period before engagement.
So called Christian brothers uses it to deceive unsuspecting christian sisters-Please note: no courtship is for both parties alike.As the true Christian brother is praying so also the true christian sister is praying.So if u are fake,u will definitely direct urself to ur like-fake.And it's no bodies fault.The only difference is u both may not fall into the sin of pre-Marital sex.But will definitely face the ills or consequences of been fake.
It can lead to u marrying a guy who is impotent-Laughs(hehehehehe) ! What happens if you marry some one who is not impotent and after marriage he becomes impotent ? Pls leave that one to God cos u are not the maker of anything not even humans. If God directs u,it can only be the best !
One can marry a prostitute or one who is gay without knowing- Who is a protitute ? Don't you know that that girlfriend of urs who engages in pre marital sex with you and commits different kinds of abortion is the biggest of prostitutes ?She is only pretending.When you bring her in as a wife,you will here stories if only u dnt die before ur time. God said all homosexuals will go to hell if they dnt amend their ways.You think HE(GOD) will direct you her daughter of ZION to a Gay as a husband ? No no no ! God will not promise us fish and give us serpent.
It can lead to marrying someone who's genotype is not match with urs- You can't see someone today and marry today.Not even court,white wedding or traditional marriage will make such possible for you. In no courtship,once she accepts ur proposals,u start ur marriage plans which includes going to check ur blood group and the rest.If ur faith carries you that she is clean becos God directed you to her,then go ahead.Nothing is impossible with God.
It can lead to a cry of had i known - God can't accompany you to a place of regrets ! Just leave an open heart in marriage and expect any thing without trusting in urself or ur partner but put ur trust in God ! Had i known is even better to say than to say: Ahh ! I thot i know this guy ! God won't make you regret.Just trust in him and there will be no regret.Pls note: To enjoy ur marriage is to endure in marriage until God perfects everything.
Not courting makes someone reckless and cheap - On the contrary,courtship makes you very cheap and pitiable ! This is so becos u will be so used in courtship that u and ur partner will pity ur selves.It's better to be used in marriage than be used outside marriage.He will ALWAYS hav sex with u and may just decide to marry u out of pity.Or u the lady may just decide to marry him outside ur wish and will becos u will think that since he has seen everything about you,it's better to just alow him to marry u. Wrong you know !
It can lead you to marry a killer,there are dangerous people out therE-God said,''thou shall not kill ''How will God direct HIS child to marry a killer ? If you marry a killer,it means u are a killer ur self or u have bin deceiving pple and ur self using God as a cover. There are pple who got married to there age long boyfriends and they never knew that that guy has bin a killer all along or it could be they knew something about the life style of their partner but can't just leave him since they are in LUST with each other or that they can't just let go since they are known by all to be LUST birds and dnt want pple to say things or they may just be carried away by their emotions since they have stayed in the relationship with that person for yrs.Do you know that in marriage,they ended up bin killed by that age long boyfriend-husband of theirs ?
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 11:59am On Oct 17, 2012
venibaby: courtship is very important cuz we r 4rm diff background n nids 2 study each oda.lets nt mak d mistakes of our fathers
Ou fathers never made any mistake ! It is we that make mistakes these days.It's a pity after 'all'the things we claim w know. How many of our fathers got divorced and how many of have divorced toady and many more hoping to get in and get out !
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 12:01pm On Oct 17, 2012
striktlymi:

Ills of not courting before marriage:

1) It's a typical sign of desperation and anything done out of desperation is hardly of God. God is patient!
2) It is tantamount to marrying a total stranger.
3) So called Christian brothers use it as a medium to deceiving unsuspecting sisters.
4) It can lead you to marrying a guy who is impotent.
5) One can marry a prostitute or someone who is gay without knowing.
6) It can lead to marrying someone whose genotype is not a match with yours.
7) It can lead to a cry of 'had I known'.
cool Not courting makes someone reckless and cheap.
9) It can lead someone to marrying a killer. There are so many dangerous people out there.
10) It can lead to so many other ills and disadvantages. Just think about it, if courting has its disadvantages what about not courting?
For the very reason that we court,hence all it's disadvantages.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by emilyone(f): 12:08pm On Oct 17, 2012
I believe the pastor purposely said that to discourage young people from immorality under the disguise of courtship cus these days you hear young guys saying they cant just buy a car without test driving it.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 12:24pm On Oct 17, 2012
striktlymi:

Guy I really would love to agree with you on this but common sense would not permit me cause really what you have itemized really do not support sentiments for not courting. If you think that courting will lead to some of the things you have highlighted, don't you think that worse things would happen if there is no courtship? If you meet a lady on the way and tell her you want to marry her, won't you be surprised and a bit skeptical if she says 'yes'?

Some people are of the opinion that holy scripture is against courtship but this is not stated explicitly in the bible. Remember that when Joseph wanted to marry Mary, the families of both parties agreed to the union and when Joseph found out that she was with child, he wanted to let her go in-formerly. Doesn't this show that Joseph actually courted her and found out about the pregnancy?

Also remember that courtship is also meant for the people involved to get to know whether they are medically compatible. I have seen families suffer because their genotype was not a match. This has impacted negatively on the family life. Not courting to find out whether you guys are compatible would mean selfishness and not a care for your children. And in these days of HIV/AIDS, if you decide to marry someone under an hour, how would you know if the person is not HIV positive?

I believe the positive aspect of courting far outweighs the negative. Safe journey home thou.
Go through ur bible friend you will see that Mary was betrothed to Joseph and not courtship.From our earlier findings, Wikipedia states that COURTSHIP precedes engagement i.e is a period the man and the woman get to study each other to find out if things will work before their engagement. And the bible tells us that Mary was espoused to Joseph(betrothed)i.e engaged to Joseph. Meaning it's different from courtship.If you say that they courted before their engagement,read first Mathew 1 :19. Here the bible says that Joseph her husband ! Meaning that they were married engaged,espoused and what ever you may call it. Now let me give u a brief history of the Jewish tradition.-This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit. 19 Because Joseph her husband was faithful to the law, and yet did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly.Pls see Mathew 1:18-19.
According to the Jewish tradition which involves Mary and Joseph,When a woman is bethrothed or espoused to a man,the woman remains with her parents waiting for for the Groom to come back very ready in all aspect to pick her up.(This is the kind of relationship we have with Christ.He is married to us but has gone to prepare a place for us.He will be back to pick the bride.Atleast my bible tells me so.)Apostle talked about bethrothal to the Corinthians 2nd Corinthians 11:2.Mary was engaged to Joseph and was left behind to go prepare for the marriage proper. So my friend,atleast we have established the fact that it was not courtship that they were doing even before she conceived Christ. They were in an espousal relationship and not courtship. So Mary never courted Joseph as some of us here ignorantly puts it.Read Mathew 1:19 where the bible called Joseph the husband of Mary who was only waiting for the joinin day !
There are things you do before marriage and one of them is checking ur Genotype ! It's done during marriage preparations and not courtship please. While making plans for ur marraige,it is only normal that both families will meet and it's not courtship please.No body, i repeat no body marries under an hour.All neccesary and relevant tests are carried out during marriage preparations and not COURTSHIP please.And come to think of it,anything can happen after all ur tests.Just ask for God direction and HE will direct you. Courtship contradicts the word of God ! But all these sayings are meant for the believers of God's word and and those who are ignorant of HIS word and want's to know.
Cheers !
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 12:26pm On Oct 17, 2012
emilyone: I believe the pastor purposely said that to discourage young people from immorality under the disguise of courtship cus these days you hear young guys saying they cant just buy a car without test driving it.
Just ONE point mate ! It's only one of the numerous reasons he sighted ! Thanks for the light.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 12:28pm On Oct 17, 2012
dgregs336: Dat pastor dey crase winkDat pastor dey crase
No curse the pastor. No be u him dey talk to for their. People like me don dey blessed as a result of the insight !
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 12:58pm On Oct 17, 2012
buhak: relationship before marriage is very good because the bible said by there fruit you shall know them not by there word.
By their fruit you shall know them quite tru when you are discerning ! Ask for the spirit of discernment.You need not go into courtship to know if someone is a christian mate ! Unless u want to sleep with her under the guise of courtship.Besides the bible admonished us to watch out for false prophets by the things they say and do.Thier saying must contradict the bible ! But am yet to see a single thing said by pst.Chris Ojigbani that contradicts the word of God. You might not agree with him does not mean he is wrong !
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 1:00pm On Oct 17, 2012
qualified: Hmm, i was at one of his seminars in Ecumenical center Abuja, where he told us not to trust anyone even our spouses. He said one of d problems of marriages is Trust.
During question n answer section, i was among d 1st to come out and i asked how i shld not trust my spouse. He confused me d more.
I never went near his seminars after that day!

His teachings sef, i no fit shout sha
He confused you the more ! What did he tell ? Pls tell us cos i was also there at his seminar !
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by WiseJudge: 1:01pm On Oct 17, 2012
Courtship is a medication administered to reduce the effect of something which one may not be able to change but can manage. The truth is, courtship is good but not a guarantee that you will find out everything about the person. Considering the dynamic nature of human beings, no one can really claim to know anyone completly. The more we grow,the more we change; we start to accept and dispel certain ideologies based on the experiences garned from life. Some people become better while others become worse. Some could pretened to be what they are not in order to get what they want. Some people even join churches deceitfully just to get married. It takes only Divine direction to actually know the person you are dating because there is nothin hidden from God, with whom we have to do. Courtship or No courtship, people would always get married and its workability is dependent on their attitude to eachother. Marriage is an empty glass, what you get is a function of what you have put in.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 1:08pm On Oct 17, 2012
stagger: I watched one of his programs in 2008 and I could immediately see through his charade. How can a man and woman live together without courtship?

That is like telling someone to enter a Boeing 737-300 without going to flying school. Both he and the aircraft will end up damaged goods. So it is with marriage without courtship.
In marraige,it's not the same.No wonder we pick up the certificate before the marriage proper.It's a school in it self. Qualification is not based on Money,age,school,and any of those things you guys think.You go in and face what you have got in there ! There are levels or staes of maturity before marriage. Spirituality is no. 1. If you care,we will visit some others later. For now,COURTSHIP is not just improper or waste of time but it's also devilish and from the pit of hell ! Your Reverends and pastors and bishops might not tell you this but follow the bible if u are a christian and a true one at that.
One reason most men of God won't tell u is becos they see it as a fad u can't do without so dey just want to encourage you by teaching you what they call; Christian courtship or dating !
See you !
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 1:18pm On Oct 17, 2012
simo4real: I totally disagree wt the poster, Courtship before marriage is still the best. How will you know the kind of person you want to involve ur self wt if not through courtship.I mate my wife to be during my year 1 in University we dated still we finished school went to service secure jobs now we finally want to break the silent of courtship on this coming sat 27th Oct to proclaim our love for each other in the presence of Almighty God.(I do I do sum tin)
Wow ! Congrats in advance ! Friend i tell you,if u can be truthful to me and urself ,tell me that u never smooshed,kissed or may be handle the breast or going all the way to hav sex with this young lady all these yrs ! If you did,it's only just one of the numerous negative reasons why pst.Ojigbani opened the eyes of many not to go into courtship at all as implicitly shown in the scriptures.
There are so many i will want us to look into if only you sincerely come bak to answer the question of pre-marital sex.
Best of wishes as you tie the knot come 27th of this month. May the weather be calm for ur sake. May there be journey mercies for u and all that will be attending, may you find favour with men and women and above all with God as a result of ur wedding ceremony. May all ur heart desires that does not contradict the word of God be granted to u expressly !
Happy wedlock in advance !
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by ndgfx(m): 4:18pm On Oct 17, 2012
Ermegerd!!!!
Another Pastor expressed an opinion. Sadly, we still live in a generation where people can't tell the difference between an baseless opinion and the gospel truth.
oO well, moving on.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by amaikama(m): 4:32pm On Oct 17, 2012
booqee: I'm so disappointed dat you'll use d case of adam and eve as example. Theirs was a divinely created union..so why of course would they need courtship??
Abeg park well.

so if theirs is a divine created union and it is in this same divine created union that brings sin which courtship spring up from we are now discussing!! every thing has a foundation!!! if u want to solve any problem,u go to the root of the problem...all the so-called courtship that is so perfect as we all think,how come we have marriages crumbling,cheaters every where? if u court ur wife/husband,the last thing that will be in ur mind it divorce or cheating..excerpt there is more to it dan miss the eye...mind u,i know courtship does not necessary mean happy marriage. if not knowing a woman/man u dont love still cheat/divorce and the one u said u love still cheat!! then something is defienately rong some where.

make i park as u talk!!!
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 5:03pm On Oct 17, 2012
amaikama:

so if theirs is a divine created union and it is in this same divine created union that brings sin which courtship spring up from we are now discussing!! every thing has a foundation!!! if u want to solve any problem,u go to the root of the problem...all the so-called courtship that is so perfect as we all think,how come we have marriages crumbling,cheaters every where? if u court ur wife/husband,the last thing that will be in ur mind it divorce or cheating..excerpt there is more to it dan miss the eye...mind u,i know courtship does not necessary mean happy marriage. if not knowing a woman/man u dont love still cheat/divorce and the one u said u love still cheat!! then something is defienately rong some where.

make i park as u talk!!!
Unless we return to the maker and inquire of HIM how to operate HIS product we can never operate it effectively and efficiently. Is not of God and can never be what God intends for us.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 5:11pm On Oct 17, 2012
nd.gfx:
Ermegerd!!!!
Another Pastor expressed an opinion. Sadly, we still live in a generation where people can't tell the difference between an baseless opinion and the gospel truth.
oO well, moving on.
Another pastor just exposed the word of God to us and boys and babes alike are angry ! Hmm !
Anyways,each man to himself.But no man should be deceived cos we can't laugh at God !
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 5:14pm On Oct 17, 2012
Wise+Judge:
Courtship is a medication administered to reduce the effect of something which one may not be able to change but can manage. The truth is, courtship is good but not a guarantee that you will find out everything about the person. Considering the dynamic nature of human beings, no one can really claim to know anyone completly. The more we grow,the more we change; we start to accept and dispel certain ideologies based on the experiences garned from life. Some people become better while others become worse. Some could pretened to be what they are not in order to get what they want. Some people even join churches deceitfully just to get married. It takes only Divine direction to actually know the person you are dating because there is nothin hidden from God, with whom we have to do. Courtship or No courtship, people would always get married and its workability is dependent on their attitude to eachother. Marriage is an empty glass, what you get is a function of what you have put in.
What you get is a function of what you have put in ! Since it takes divine direction to know,so why the dating/courtship ? What do you want to now know since it takes only God ? You see why this TRUE MAN OF GOD said courtship is a waste of time and improper !
Be wise mate !
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by iamtheprincipal: 7:42pm On Oct 18, 2012
fluid26: Fake pastors everywhere! grin

Who made you a judge?
Aren't you a fake human yourself
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by temiflex01(m): 5:09am On Oct 20, 2012
m.k.o2005:

You dnt have to follow the pastor but the word of God and if it's coming from the pastor fine and good. What good do you think courtship can do for you ? Pls tell me some more !

My father met my mum from high school..according to dir story..dey dated for 8yrs before getting married..and they hv produced d best family..nurse, doctor, engineer all base outside Nigeria and a pharmacist in Nigeria, dts me, so y wont i follow suit, whn am not a bastard..my dad sit me down most tymes and talk to me abt takin my tyme to knw d woman I wld marry..pls dont rush to d altar.
Better u do wht suits u..u dont need to come here to convince pple to follow ur bliv..it may not work for them.
So I have a fact of the good it has done to my parent..dts y am goin dt way..i cant go d way i dont hv fact of or seen anyone done successfully.
Most of u are just supporting it here..uhv not done it successfully, go and do it and come back here to be a living testimony..think dt wld be interesting dn jst mouth talk.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by temiflex01(m): 5:36am On Oct 22, 2012
m.k.o2005:

I once mentioned that marriage isn't for unbelievers ! But when i saw that people might be hurt and start to abuse or say all sought of things to me,i mellowed down.When God designed marriage,HE had un-believers in mind.The first man and woman ever made on earth believed in God totally until something happened!God designed that union for them which could have gotten to us through them before the serpent deceived Eve.But toady,believers and un believers alike get married and even for the un-believers,they some times get converted and accepts the Lord God Almighty.This is a good thing that goes a long way to show that God can't make a mistake. @striktlymi,the reason i am very very slow to use scriptures for now is becos there are so many people on NL who either does not believe in God let alone the scripture or ignorant of what the scripture is saying or don't understand the spiritual angle of the scripture.I quoted Gen.24 61-65 When some one argued that Isaac courted with Rebekah.But the scripture showed us how Isaac for the very first time met with Rebekah after part of the bride price has been paid even. Bro,i dnt know if u are a christian or one who hates the word and the servants of God. But if i establish the fact that u are a true Christian or one who want's to learn from the little i know,i will by the special grace of God show you

every single point i make here in the Holly bible. God bless you.

(Marriage is not for unbelievers) You are part of the pple who leads pple astray..in the name of xtianity..rubbish..I don't care abt xtianity..is jst a religion..anyone could come wit opinions on how to go abt a religion..thou shall not! thou shall not! are laws of human..you must not do dis..if u do dis, dis will happen..b4 Christ pple had no option of choice..lika a military govt..u must live&follow d way of prophets..if d one u choose to follow marry 2wives u must also..if he did not do courtship, u must not also..if he did not marry, u must not also..Jesus brought a new life..either u still follow way of life of d prophets or follow HIM..(1JOHN2:7/8 Beloved, I am not writing a new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning; the old commandment is the word which you have heard from d beginning. Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which things is true in HIM and in you, because d darkness is past, and d true light now shineth) HE shed HIS blood&wipe away human laws,tradition,doctrines&commandments. Christ brought a new gospel..gospel of forgiveness&love which is above all(JOHN13:34/35A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another, as I have loved you, that ye also love one another, By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye hv love one to another)..You may choose to follow the ways of old..ur choice(HEB7:19)..
but my own Christ is of new things&way of life..even if am wrong in some steps&choose courtship jst wit one lady&we get married..HIS love for me covers all(PSA138:cool..I look unto Christ only..d finisher of faith(HEB12:2). HE loved everyone sinners, unbelievers, children. All! What makes u think you are holy? uhv judged urself to be perfect abi..Christ will tell.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by roymary: 6:42am On Oct 22, 2012
Courtship is not a bad idea! Who wants a total stranger for a spouse undecided
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by originbm: 12:51am On Aug 08, 2013
m.k.o2005:

You will find out in marriage and work on what so ever you see. Those who thot they were compartible and went ahead to get married,filled in for divorce days,weeks,months or some few yrs after.Ask for divine direction and start to work it out in marriage.God bless you.

immediately people start chattering about hearing from God,i start getting suspicious.many people claim to have heard from God when they are only hearing what they wish God to tell them.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 08, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Bro,when you put ur trust in someone becos of the things u have learnt about the person in courtship,does it not contradict God's word ?

Trusting someone is not frowned against by Sacred scriptures. Boarding a plane alone implies some level of trust in the ability of the pilot. Calling a mechanic to fix your car shows the level of trust you have for that mechanic. If you have any passage of sacred scriptures that forbids trust then let us have it.

m.k.o2005:

When folks engage in pre-marital sex during courtship does it not contradict God's word ?

You are mistaken courtship for fornication. Fornication is not courtship.

m.k.o2005:

When you try to trust in ur ability to know how a partner best fits u during or the reason for courtship undermining divine direction as stipulated by the word of God does it not contradict God's word ?

There is no part of sacred scriptures where it is stipulated that Emeka must marry Amaka. Having recourse to divine direction does not mean the individual should not get to know who he or she is considering for marriage.

It's just like saying one is praying for divine direction on which University to attend but neglect to study for the entrance exams. Or that someone is praying for a child but neglect to engage in the conjugal act with his or her partner. It does not work that way. You do your bit while praying for Divine direction.

m.k.o2005:

When a thing is not biblical by any standard and it's consequences are grave,does is not contradict what the word says ?

Courtship is NOT against the tenets of Christianity and it certainly is not against Sacred scriptures.

m.k.o2005:

We can go on and on but i tell you,if i'm guilty in only just one of the above listed,i have contradicted the word of God and if any of the above mentioned is displayed becos of or during courtship,it makes courtship a devilish practice !
I'm signing out.Will continue tomorow.

Courtship does not contradict God's word.

m.k.o2005:

Thanks bro

Thank you too!
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by kingjoe(m): 3:59pm On Aug 10, 2013
sexkillz: Mr pastor Whoever, with all due respects, shut tha fark up!
why do u always insult people tht dont agree with u ,cant u make a civil and modest comment,what is wrong with u.@op i respect that man,he gave conditions,he is reffering to born again christians.people that should be led by the spirit and not flesh.we work by faith nt sight.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by daxe24: 3:48pm On Oct 21, 2013
i think what the pastor means is that courtship doesnt necessarily guarantees success in marriage and courtship isnt biblical it is simply man's wisdom, isaac didnt court rebecca yet they succeeded, also our fore parents had successful marriages without courtship but now that we ve courtship we re even experiencing less success in marriage, why if courtship is that necessary?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Two Brothers Batter Church Ushers Over Indecent Dressing / Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba / Rev King To Die By Hanging: Supreme-Court Orders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.