Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Study Opportunities In Ukraine - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Study Opportunities In Ukraine (28388 Views)

Nigerian Ambassador To Ukraine Warns Nigerians Not To Study In Ukraine / Help: Nigerian Accent Is Killing My Opportunities In Usa / Any Info About Student Life In Ukraine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: Study Opportunities In Ukraine by Nimshi: 7:45pm On Feb 25, 2009
Ukraine? Too dangerous at this time.

Many of the natives are pissed with the country; life is hard; and foreigners are easy targets.

With the prevailing conditions, a fellow with a dark shade of skin evokes little sympathy if killed by angry and /or disturbed youths. Not a pretty place at all.

http://www.amnesty.org/en/news-and-updates/report/racism-on-the-rise-in-ukraine-20080710

Re: Study Opportunities In Ukraine by DrKitaun(m): 5:47pm On Feb 26, 2009
More about UCESC

Ukrainian Centre for Education, Science and Culture was established in July 23 2008 for many purposes that will benefit Nigerian citizens, out of which is to provide logistics and information for qualified Nigerians to have degrees in Ukraine as well as helping them in processing admission and visa .

Though we started not quite long but we have set a very good record as more than 30 students have successfully gotten admission and visa to study in Ukraine through our centre.

Now is the period of recruiting new students for admission into Aug/sept 2009 session, and we are of the opinion that you could use this medium to spread the gospel of schooling in Ukraine far and wide . . . .

For more information you can call 07029811764 . . .
Re: Study Opportunities In Ukraine by cabage(f): 2:49pm On Apr 16, 2009
Please i am a Nigerian and hoping to come to Ukraine August for my Masters degree against all odds. Please can i cope in the country Pregnant. I am in a relationship and i want to give my boyfriend something to hold on to because coming to Ukraine for two years isnt going to be easy on our relationship. Pls advise me immediately. I have already contracted a consultancy firm to help with my admission before i came across this forum. Please tell me all about the pros and cons. My email is tinu0802@yahoo.com
Re: Study Opportunities In Ukraine by iwefactria: 4:51pm On Apr 16, 2009
Naija hate to hear truth and even hate people that say it more .Everybody that has contributed in this thread God bless you i mean those telling us that bitter truth but i know one thing anybody that wish to study in Ukraine pls board the next flight available.I think what will end it is HAD I KNOWN. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.I wont waste my time telling anybody my personally experience just visiting the place alone.Infact,dont even think on it alot of people in this thread have said it all
Re: Study Opportunities In Ukraine by prince84(m): 5:33pm On Apr 16, 2009
@cabage
Traveling to Ukraine when your pregnant will be a little bit stressful for you,since you do not speak Ukrainian language in the hospitals they speak only Ukrainian language, it will be quiet stressful and also it will be more difficult if your staying in the hostel.
My advice is for you to have the baby before you come, but if you have friends who can assist you and if you can pay for a flat and your able to understand the language at least the basics before your delivery date then i think you can cope.

@ all posters, We are not saying Ukraine is the New heaven or something like that, we are just trying to help people who want good education at an affordable cost, things are quiet difficult here, but from my own experience, if an individual decides on something in life he/she should not only think of the negatives, but also of the positives.nothing good comes easy.The situation in Ukraine is a little difficult now especially with this current global melt down, but like we always said nothing good comes easy

@Past And Future student:Especially for those students from last session who had problems obtaining visas due to late confirmation of Invitation letters, we promise to make it right this time at our own expense and we are also apologizing for the inconveniences it may have cost.To the New students for the August/September 2009 session we advice you to start your process early.tell the people helping you with your invitations to try and get them on time so you will not do things in a hurry.
And for anyone who has any question regarding this incoming session, he/she should write to us at krapka84@yahoo.com or call us on +380634465222
Re: Study Opportunities In Ukraine by cabage(f): 9:46am On Apr 17, 2009
@ Prince84, thanks for the advise, having the baby now wont be feasible now because its takes nothing less than 9months to deliever, by the time i come i will probably be in my first trimester. And really wish to kill 2 birds with the same stone, you know how you naija boys are. I have got a friend that is ready to help and if the stress gets too much i will send the baby back to Nigeria. Thanks again really hope to meet you when i come to Ukraine later in the year
Re: Study Opportunities In Ukraine by cabage(f): 2:58pm On Apr 17, 2009
@prince84 pls how much should i budget for renting a flat. Are you in Nigeria or Ukraine,
Re: Study Opportunities In Ukraine by cabage(f): 4:40pm On Apr 17, 2009
To all whom are getting discouraged about studying In UKraine, i have a friend there already who tells me that life there is fascinating though in Life generally nothing is perfect. With this her words i knew i can survive , pls so far your heart tells you to for it pls do i beg. Afterall in our country Nigeria against all odds we managed to cope till now.
Re: Study Opportunities In Ukraine by prince84(m): 7:07pm On Apr 19, 2009
@ Cabage, your welcomed!! For cost of flats varies from city to city, the bigger the city the more expensive it becomes
i will give you an average city to city.

Kiev, USD400/month and above depends on location too, it can be higher

Luganstk, From USD 300/Month you will get real nice flats in the city centre

Dnepropetrovsk, From USD 300/month

Ternopil, From USD150/month this depends on location of flats also.

Lvov, from USD 250/month

Kharkov, from USD 300/month, but it can be higher.

Sumy, from USD200/month

Zaporozhye, from USD 300/month

Odessa, from USD 400/month.

Donetsk, from USD 400.
On your arrival or when you want to start the search for the flats,simply buy a local newspaper or try and xget one or two friendly locals mostly class mates to help you search for the flats.

If you need anymore information do not hesitate to write me.
Re: Study Opportunities In Ukraine by cabage(f): 9:36am On Apr 20, 2009
@prince dats expensive, did you say monthly. God is gonna be my strenght oh. Are the flats a room or 3 bedroom. beleive it i have got your advise on my left hands. Thanks
Re: Study Opportunities In Ukraine by cabage(f): 10:57am On Apr 20, 2009
@ prince84, i will hold to your words and hope to meet you also. The consultants am using promised to send my invitation letters April end/start may, wonder what that means. So guess i will start my visa process by June. Take care and God bless you.
Re: Study Opportunities In Ukraine by prince84(m): 8:57pm On Apr 20, 2009
@cabage

The price List i gave you its not fixed, prices can be higher and can be lower,but they are just like a guide so you bugdet properly.They are all for two rooms apartments,studio apartments are also cheaper if you can find them.
As per your Invitation letters your agents are on track, keep Me Posted.

@All our students for the 2009/2010 session

Your acceptance letters were sent out last Friday,we received them today, we will start mailing them from tomorrow!! Invitation letters should be excepted from the 10,May 2009.For those who have already paid for it, for those who have not please contact us as soon as possible.
The Embassy in Nigeria Start visa Issuance from the 28,May 2009. we would want al our students to be processed early.

Mail Us: krapka84@yahoo.com
Re: Study Opportunities In Ukraine by cabage(f): 7:58am On Apr 21, 2009
@Prince84 thanks for your replies i really appreciate you, i will definitely keep you on track of procedures. God bless you
Re: Study Opportunities In Ukraine by cabage(f): 12:21pm On Apr 28, 2009
@prince84, hi can you give a suggestion of things i should bring along that i will not get in uKRAINE, YOU KNOW PERSONAL STUFFS
Re: Study Opportunities In Ukraine by anez247(m): 4:47pm On Apr 28, 2009
I still dont Understand why people will risk their lives and resources to travel to a country like Ukraine to face
RACISM by the Skinheads, Very harsh weather, NON-EU Certificates, Restricted access to European gateway. i am saying this because i've been to Kiev and Donestk at least 5-6 times.I have Successfully transfered quite a handful of Medical Students from there to Romania and others to Poland.
Am not selling myself but lets give our fellow nigerians a better and assured future with credible and world class education.

A word is enough for the wise!!

@ prince if any of my statements are wrong please dont hesitate to prove me wrong

contact me on anez247@gmail.com for any enquiries or here
Re: Study Opportunities In Ukraine by prince84(m): 5:43pm On Apr 28, 2009
@ cabage:
I would first advice that you try and buy all your books(Text books) before you arrival, its a little difficult to get English books here, even if you do find they will be more expensive.
secondly about clothing's: Ukraine a has very cold winter my advice, buy a lot of jeans(they are also expensive here, and don't take too much of your native clothes because you will hardly wear them.Come with at least three sweaters.For T shirts and normal shirts you can buy here.Also stuffs for your hair,get a lot of them, because you may not find them here and even if you do they will be expensive.

The rest of what you need you can find here, about the food, you don't need to come with any, but if you are the type that finds it hard to adapt fast, then you can come with some of your local foodstuffs that you can compliment with the ones here until you adapt.But in general you don't need to worry,take it one day at a time and you will be just fine.

@anez247
I would not have replied your post if you did not ask for my personal opinion
Lets start with the Main Issue that you brought up

RACISM:Ukraine is located in eastern Europe and as common with most eastern European countries they all have a problem with racism,Some of the people in this part of the world are Xenophobic in nature mostly due to there upbringing,culture or political state.
Fact:Racism is not common to Ukraine alone
Fact:There are racist in all over the world be it in Ukraine,Poland,Britain,Germany,Spain,USA,France or Italy.There are racist everywhere.
Fact:Most people take this racism stuff out of proportion,sometimes Racism is Used as excuse for failure and lack of self believe.

The Ukrainian people are on there own part trying to come to terms with the influx of foreign students to there country, acts of racism are now few and far between, but with time it will die a natural death.So lets stop all this talk of Racism am really tired of commenting on it.

Ukraine weather
From your post you said the weather is Harsh
What an Irony, The closest Neighbors Ukraine have are: Poland,Russia,Romania,Belarus and the Czech Republic.They all share same weather systems, Infact the coldest region of Ukraine is the western part(Lviv,Ternopil,Ivano Frankiv) the distance between Poland and these two is 2 hours by Bus,1.30 hrs by taxi and 45 minutes from by airplane.so i guess if Ukraine weather is harsh, Poland and Romania are equally harsh.

All Eastern European Countries have the same Educational system, There is nothing like EU certificates its either Bologna system or Erasmus system of education.THEY DO NOT PUT IN YOUR CERTIFICATES "EU CERTIFICATES" If you graduate from University college,London, Your certificates will bear University College London,If you Graduate from University of Warsaw, your certificates will bear University of Warsaw,if you graduate from Kyiv National University, your certificates will bear same.I don't Get you at all

If any International students have legitimate reasons to travel to other European countries, they are granted visas if they meet the requirements.

I am feed up with people bad mouthing others because they think they are better or something, I did Bachelor here,My masters also.I got a GA placement in a US University, if the standards of education was/is as bad as your saying i will not get accepted to go for my second graduate programme plus a GA position.or would i?I have traveled to kaiserlautern,Marseilles,Moscow,and your beloved Warsaw all from this Ukraine.In the first week of August i will off to the USA, Like i said i don't get you really,

If you want to sell your business please by all means do so, don't criticize or bad mouth what you don't know.I never for once in anyone of my post say that Ukraine is heaven,Its just a cheap and convenient alternative to those who want to study and can afford to pay huge tuition fees.

If You can study in Uk or USA, Please if you can please find an alternative,the bottom line is to be educated.

NB
THIS IS THE LAST TIME I WILL DEFEND THE UKRAINE EDUCATION SYSTEM,I HAVE SAID ENOUGH.IF MY POST HAVE BENEFITED YOU IN ANYWAY WELL THANK GOD,IF IT OFFENDED YOU WELL AM SORRY FOR YOU

For incoming students if you have any problems call or E-mail me
Re: Study Opportunities In Ukraine by cabage(f): 8:43am On May 04, 2009
Hi, i am getting skeptical about the post on scamms on Nigerians, wont have been bothered until i saw the name of the agent i contracted to help STAR CONSULTANTS, pls can you find out the authen city of the agent for me. I am so scared
Re: Study Opportunities In Ukraine by prince84(m): 6:27pm On May 04, 2009
@ Cabage

In as much as i cannot vouch for these so called blacklisted Agents in Ukraine,Star education Consultants i Know the owner of this agency,His Name is Yousaf Khan from Pakistan.He has brought a lot of Nigeria students to Ukraine.If you are straight and sincere with him, he will be straight and sincere with you.

Like most people have observed we have a lot of fraudulent people in this world now, But if you have started dealing with him, I would suggest that you give him the benefit of doubt.He is Not as bad as they say he is,But Like i said if you have any problems let me know.

If you have any problems let me know.But I do not think you will have any.By the way have you gotten the Invitation letters??
Re: Study Opportunities In Ukraine by cabage(f): 10:34am On May 05, 2009
@prince84, thanks ,he has promised to send it by middle of may, that's about 2 wks from now, more so how else can i be level headed with him.I don't want to wait till i am in Ukraine b4 i realize am in the wrong place, i heard his action is to collect ones sch fees and if you refuse he would use immigration to threaten you,
Re: Study Opportunities In Ukraine by doggybaggy(m): 9:42pm On May 05, 2009
@prince84 .dont mind those factless parrots,please,i will like to study medicine in bogomoletz national university,kiev. Pls,what are the possibilities in getting admission there? And their tuition fees?
Re: Study Opportunities In Ukraine by cabage(f): 2:35pm On May 06, 2009
@dogg-baggy , i hope you are not referring to me as a fact less parrot.
Re: Study Opportunities In Ukraine by prince84(m): 10:40pm On May 06, 2009
@cabage, Like i said in as much as i cannot vouch for Mr Khan or his agency,i think that you will be okay,If you suspect any fowl play call me or mail me before you arrive, i can send someone to meet you at the airport and with you having someone on ground i think all will be okay,because this person will know as much as He knows, I would have come myself but i will Be in the United states from july till late October.But keep me posted and we will try and see that all works out fine.

@dogg-baggy
I don't Know any bogomoletz national university,Kiev.If you want to study Medicine here, there are Alot of popular Medical Universities in Ukraine.Identify one and contact us or contact them directly.if you have any problem let me know.

@ All
I will be posting some new information about one year joint MBA in Ukraine and poland.

the post will be titled one year MBA in Ukraine and Poland
Re: Study Opportunities In Ukraine by doggybaggy(m): 7:17pm On May 07, 2009
@ prince84. I wil like to study medicine at ivano frankivsk medical university,what are their requirements and tuition fee? Is the school fully accreditated?
Re: Study Opportunities In Ukraine by prince84(m): 11:51am On May 09, 2009
@Doggybaggy
I think all Universities in Ukraine are accredited as long as they are not private owned.All National and state owned institutions of Higher learning in Ukraine are accredited.Requires are same with all universities.The Tuition fees you can find from their website.

@All
We now have a new One year Dual certificate Masters

It is an MBA Programme (master of business
administration) in English. It is a only 1-year course. During the year
students are studying in 2 countries and 2 universities: Zaporizhzhya
National Technical University (Ukraine) and Academy of management in
Legnica (Poland).

The students will have a Masters diploma from Polish university and another Masters diploma from the Ukrainian university
It is postgraduate course so our students must have any bachelor or
master diploma (Chinese,Nigerian, Ukrainian or any other). The course has
English as medium so the students must know it.

The course will cost about 3700USD. It is very cheap. Because
it is a European standard diploma.

Interested students should please note:

1/ The Poland university is private

2/ The students have to travel in Poland. So they will have additional
costs. Not too much. They will stay for 3 weeks in winter and 1 week in
June in Poland during studying, and they will have student apartment
not only in Ukraine but in Poland too.

Required Documents for admission Includes
1.International Passport data Page
2.Bachelor's certificates (Certified copy)
3.Transcripts of Academic Record(Certified Copy)
4.Birth certificates
5.High School Diploma
6.Completed Application form (Please find In attachments)

All these should Be sent to krapka84@yahoo.com,With subject application for MBA,Full Name and Date of Birth.

Acceptance and Invitation to study letter will be issued to qualified students from the 25 of may,2009

Tuition Fees:USD 3700
Acceptance and Invitation to study Fees:USD 350 (This Includes Fees for Express Post Services)
Accommodation fees are included in the tuition fees

PLEASE NOTE:Accepted Students are given Visa Support.There are NO Scholarships for International students in Ukraine and in Poland.All fees are paid on arrival,except the acceptance/Invitation to study Fees.

If You any Questions or Need More information Call Mr. Max @+380634465222 or Mail krapka84@yahoo.com
Re: Study Opportunities In Ukraine by doggybaggy(m): 7:46pm On May 11, 2009
@ prince84 . Thanks 4 ur information.i wil contact my uncle living in kiev,inorder to start processing my admission.pls,like how much is flight ticket from Nigeria to Ukraine?
Re: Study Opportunities In Ukraine by banom(m): 11:47am On May 12, 2009
@ tell me about a person who wishes to study Artificial intelligence and robotics in Ukrain ( undergraduate English medium)
Re: Study Opportunities In Ukraine by cabage(f): 2:40pm On May 12, 2009
@prince84, he has sent a scanned copy, thought he was to send it thru DHL, he also said he will collect $3000 on arrival. I am scared
Re: Study Opportunities In Ukraine by prince84(m): 5:51pm On May 12, 2009
@ cabage
What programme are you supposed to study?DO NOT PAY ANY FEES UNTIL YOU GET TO THE UNIVERSITY.Or better still Let me know when you receive your Ivs and tell me the university,Give me your full name and date of supposed arrival i will contact your university and they will pick you up themselves.
@Banom

I don't think you will find Robotics in English in Ukraine.It is a highly specialised field and can only be found in Russian Medium.
@Doggy baggy am glad we could help you.
Re: Study Opportunities In Ukraine by cabage(f): 6:43pm On May 12, 2009
ternopil national economic university, which kind of school is that? the money is suppose to be for accomodation, consultancy, and school fees. he said i will pay it on arrival.
Re: Study Opportunities In Ukraine by prince84(m): 7:02pm On May 12, 2009
@ cabage
if your into management sciencces,computer science,International relations its actually a very good university, the current Ukraine president studied there.
There are alot of foreign students in that university so you will be ok,but please insist on Paying your fees when you get to the university
Re: Study Opportunities In Ukraine by DANTE4LIFE(m): 8:09pm On May 12, 2009
Prince84 You are verry stupid. you are now pretending like a saint you know verry well that students are only meant to pay their fees only when they get to their schools and only to the school but you collect fees from students too and you are now pretending to be good. I will advise everybody to be careful alot pretend and b4 u know it u are traped. Prince if you say u did not collect anybody's fees while the person is still in nigeria post back to argue it and i will put the scaned copy of the students payment of his fees into ur account maybe u are now the rector or the dean of the school you will tell them. and i want u to know that when that boy arives in ukraine u will pay the fees u collected from him.THIEF hope u know where Ali is now if u are not careful u will soon join him
Re: Study Opportunities In Ukraine by doggybaggy(m): 8:12pm On May 12, 2009
@cabage .its advisable not to pay such money to him on arrival, about the school,my uncle studied there and is now living with a good job in kiev.
@prince84, is ivanofrankisvk state medical university a good place 2 study medicine? Also,hw much is airticket price right now from NG to UA{economy class}?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Air Peace Offers To Freely Evacuate Nigerians From Sudan / UAE Backs Down, Concedes Seven Flight Slots To Air Peace / Costly Mistakes To Avoid When Travelling Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.