Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,004 members, 7,814,424 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? (1565 Views)

What Happens To Olisa Metuh's N300million Bail Money? - Pastor Adeboye's Son / Signs Of The End Times / Atheists, Christians And Muslims - Lets Study These Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? by banom(m): 10:38am On Sep 02, 2009
Christians and Muslims, how will you feel, if in the end there is no God, ? and all you have done in the name of God happens to be wastes and it turned out that Atheists are right .

What will you do ?
Re: Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? by ogogoro: 10:49am On Sep 02, 2009
If the atheist happens to be right, then I, as a Christian have nothing to lose (well, except time, and material things). However, can the atheist say the same if the tables are turned, and in fact the Christian happens to be right?
Re: Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? by ogogoro: 10:55am On Sep 02, 2009
I hoped not to plonk out a Bible here, but I feel that this is relevant to this discussion. Coming from the man himself, here is what who doesn't believe in Jesus has to lose -

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him. 9John 3:36)

I guess it's up to you to compare the cons in both cases.
Re: Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? by banom(m): 11:08am On Sep 02, 2009
ogogoro:

I hoped not to plonk out a Bible here, but I feel that this is relevant to this discussion. Coming from the man himself, here is what who doesn't believe in Jesus has to lose -

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him. 9John 3:36)

So you are saying that all those millions of Jews in Israel who don't believe Jesus is the son of God and they do not believe the gospel of Mohammed will all go to hell, despite being the chosen one ?

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? by noetic2: 12:43pm On Sep 02, 2009
banom:

Christians and Muslims, how will you feel, if in the end there is no God, ? and all you have done in the name of God happens to be wastes and it turned out that Atheists are right .

What will you do ?

and what would u do if u then realise at death that Jesus is Lord?
Re: Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? by ogogoro: 1:18pm On Sep 02, 2009
banom:

So you are saying that all those millions of Jews in Israel who don't believe Jesus is the son of God and they do not believe the gospel of Mohammed will all go to hell, despite being the chosen one ?

My brother, you can verify the statement for yourself - John 3:36. I didn't say it, Jesus did.
Re: Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? by Nezan(m): 1:24pm On Sep 02, 2009
A fool says in his heart 'there is no God'.
Re: Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? by banom(m): 6:41pm On Sep 02, 2009
ogogoro:

My brother, you can verify the statement for yourself - John 3:36. I didn't say it, Jesus did.

and what makes you think Jesus Christ cant be wrong ?

Nezan:

A fool says in his heart 'there is no God'.

that is what you use to compensate your insecurity.
Re: Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? by JeSoul(f): 7:11pm On Sep 02, 2009
banom:

What will you do ?

. . . its like asking how would I feel if I had never been born.

Banom troublemaker  smiley you're asking us to envision a scenario that is virtually impossible and then speculate on how we would feel?  undecided sawrry, even my overactive imagination cannot begin to tackle such a false undertaking.
Re: Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? by No2Atheism(m): 7:14pm On Sep 02, 2009
@poster

Yes i can prove to you that it cannot be proved to be possible to prove beyond reasonable doubt.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? by manmustwac(m): 12:14am On Sep 03, 2009
There was no beforelife. So there will be no afterlife.
Re: Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? by baby4u2(f): 4:40am On Sep 03, 2009
Do atheist believe there is an end?
Re: Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? by PastorAIO: 9:50am On Sep 03, 2009
If ATheists are right then there will be no end so nobody will ever know. Affirmation is only possible if christians or muslims are right.
Re: Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? by No2Atheism(m): 2:33pm On Sep 03, 2009
Pastor AIO:

If ATheists are right then there will be no end so nobody will ever know. Affirmation is only possible if christians or muslims are right.

Hence since there is no end, then there is no reason for atheists to give a Zap (which they unfortunately do . . . why )
Re: Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? by olabowale(m): 11:10pm On Sep 03, 2009
@Banom: « on: Yesterday at 10:38:19 AM »
What will you do ?
Atheists start out half Muslims anyhow. The deficiency of the atheists is the arrogance thinking that all of the complex collages of "unduplicated creation" is an accidental chance! You should ask yourself what if you are wrong with all the evidences that you reject outright? Can God be blamed for metering out the due Justice on you?

@ogogoro :« #2 on: Yesterday at 10:55:20 AM »
Jesus didn't say that. You and your Bible writers said thats what Jesus said. Jesus knew better not to say that he is a son of his Creator! Why would the Creator have a child, which will negate His Creator Position, since that will not be 100% anymore?

@banom (m): « #3 on: Yesterday at 11:08:20 AM »
Tell him banom! At least Muslims say that they 100% submit to God,in Ebglish, Allah in Arabic, Olorun in Yoruba, Chukwu in Igbo, Obangiji in Hausa. You cant be chosen and mentain that status f you ignore and disbelieve in any prophet of the Creator. This disbelief in a prophet (AS) knocks Jews and Christians out of the box!
Re: Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? by nezerst(f): 12:30am On Sep 05, 2009
Funny!!
People keep arguing about the existence and non.existence of God as if it bothers Him in anyway.
The teachings of the bible to me is just for the benefits of man and not for God.
Abi if u do bad and Karma comes knockin no be u go pay abi na God?
As for the atheists I guess u created urself n the earth u dwell in.
Re: Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? by Nobody: 12:31am On Sep 05, 2009
i wouldnt have lost anything.
Re: Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? by Nobody: 12:32am On Sep 05, 2009
banom:

that is what you use to compensate your insecurity.

if you were secure you wont be bothering who's right or wrong. You wont even be on the religion thread at all.
Re: Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? by chic2pimp(m): 12:34am On Sep 05, 2009
davidylan:

i wouldnt have lost anything.
Would classify myself as a moderate christian. Definitely agree with u.
davidylan:

if you were secure you wont be bothering who's right or wrong. You wont even be on the religion thread at all.
Absoluely spot on mate.
Re: Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? by mantraa: 12:53pm On Sep 05, 2009
Religion, especially Christianity and Islam, affect everyone, whether you are a believer or not.
Re: Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? by banom(m): 6:03pm On Sep 05, 2009
davidylan:

I am only trying to alert you on the fact that you will regret it more than myself if in the end you are wrong,
Re: Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 05, 2009
banom:

I am only trying to alert you on the fact that you will regret it more than myself if in the end you are wrong,

That's absurd. See it this way . . .

1. I remain a committed, genuine christian . . . at the end i find out there is no eternity. What have i lost? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

2. You remain a confused, insecure atheist . . . at the end you find out eternity in Christ Jesus does exist . . . what have you lost? YOUR SOUL IN ETERNAL HELL.
Re: Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? by banom(m): 6:50pm On Sep 05, 2009
davidylan:

1. I remain a committed, genuine christian . . . at the end i find out there is no eternity. What have i lost? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

2. You remain a confused, insecure atheist . . . at the end you find out eternity in Christ Jesus does exist . . . what have you lost? YOUR SOUL IN ETERNAL HELL.
What if in the end you find out Mohammed is real, what will you do ?
Re: Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? by okgerald(m): 7:04am On Sep 06, 2009
Muslim are secure and have nothing to loose. We believe in Jesus, his miracles are in the Quran. The jews dont believe in Jesus while christians dont dont believe in Mohammed. The Atheist dont believe all.
Re: Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? by bindex(m): 7:55am On Sep 06, 2009
banom:

His soul in eternal hell. grin grin. He talks about things like soul but if you ask him to provide a single evidence to show that there is anything called the soul that exist he will start complaining. There is nothing like the soul, the brain controls everything.

davidylan:

Irrational fear IS THE ONLY thing that makes you believe and hold onto all these lies and myths nice for letting us know that fear is what really drives your beliefs.
Re: Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? by ogogoro: 8:31pm On Sep 06, 2009
olabowale:

@ogogoro :« #2 on: Yesterday at 10:55:20 AM » Jesus didn't say that. You and your Bible writers said thats what Jesus said. Jesus knew better not to say that he is a son of his Creator! Why would the Creator have a child, which will negate His Creator Position, since that will not be 100% anymore?

Very confident. Can you please enlighten me on how "me and my Bible writers" managed to confuse Jesus' saying? And also how series of independent Biblical accounts given by different people all happen to be in correspondence?
Re: Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 06, 2009
banom:

nothing . . . simply accept it as it is. I'm 110% sure Mohammad isnt real so i'm not losing sleep about that. What about you? Are you 110% sure Christ isnt the way? Why are you losing sleep about Him?
Re: Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? by banom(m): 11:30pm On Sep 06, 2009
davidylan:

nothing . . . simply accept it as it is. I'm 110% sure Mohammad isnt real so i'm not losing sleep about that. What about you? Are you 110% sure Christ isnt the way? Why are you losing sleep about Him?

I have told you, i am only trying to help you out, i am supposed you should be grateful to me. wink cheesy grin
Re: Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? by olabowale(m): 12:05am On Sep 07, 2009
@Ogogoro: « #25 on: Today at 08:31:21 PM
Quote from: olabowale on September 03, 2009, 11:10 PM
@ogogoro :« #2 on: Yesterday at 10:55:20 AM » Jesus didn't say that. You and your Bible writers said thats what Jesus said. Jesus knew better not to say that he is a son of his Creator! Why would the Creator have a child, which will negate His Creator Position, since that will not be 100% anymore?

Very confident. Can you please enlighten me on how "me and my Bible writers" managed to confuse Jesus' saying?
Show me any holy book, apart from the Bible that says "Jesus is God, Jesus is son of God, Jesus is crucified, Jesus died, Jesus ressurrected, Jesus is a third of God, Jesus is the last prophet for mankind, Jesus saying is the final for mankind, Jesus is the only way, Jesus is the only salvation source, Jesus is the Creator, Jesus is not created, Jesus is the Lord of the day of Jugement, etc."? You will realise that what I said that you and your Bible writers said is right on the money! By the way the Darby Publishing company is now going to edit anew and produce a gender "based or corrected" NIV, for the world! I guess every so often the "WORD" needs a face lift, to make it more "perfect" than before!

And also how series of independent Biblical accounts given by different people all happen to be in correspondence?
You wanna bet your last dollar on this? Considering that the Gospels do not contain exactly the same informations, and needs updating as in versions, editions, etc, every generation, or just longer or shorter? How about catholic version, Douwy that the protestants copied and the protestants have the gull to call the catholics idolworshippers? You have no right to do that. Only the muslims can call you christians "Wholesale" pagans, since you are at least say Tri (3) nity (gods)!
Re: Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? by Tudor6(f): 10:09am On Sep 07, 2009
very funny thread grin grin grin
Re: Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? by africhika(f): 4:33pm On Sep 07, 2009
this is hilario.

@ poster, some religious people would probably commit all the sin they've been dreaming about. me, i will continue to live with the satisfaction that i tried to treat others the way i want to be treated.
Re: Christians And Muslims; What If In The End Atheist Happens To Be Right ? by DeepSight(m): 5:49pm On Sep 08, 2009
Did not need a designer?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Just Yesterday You Were A Baby! / Spaghetti Anyone? Lol / Help,which Psalm Is Effective Against Witches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.