Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,634 members, 7,958,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:49 AM

Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor (59492 Views)

Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? / TB Joshua Returns N500,000 Tithe To Elderly Woman / Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by plappville(f): 10:16am On Oct 19, 2012
Boomark:

[size=16pt]Which spirit gave you the utterance to call us cultists? [/size]
Have you ever mentioned the Highpriest(Christ) since the debate started?
Are you not a gentile? So why should you be paying tithe or following Christ in the first place?

All these because you don't study the word of God. I don't mean to read it. And you don't know what the new covenant with Christ is all about.

According to what is written in
Lu10:25-27 and 1Jn4:20,21. These two things will give you everlasting life - love God and your neighbour.

While these two things will take you no where - love God and pay your tithe very very faithfully.

If you and your pastors have anything contrary bring it on, then i will bring you to your knees.

Am a priest also according to the new covenant. tpia go and learn how to love practically.

And don't call us cultist again before i flog somebody.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 19, 2012
plappville:

I understand your write up, Thanks. But my point for the tithe issue is this, if we keep claiming the Sabbath was nailed on the cross even if we still see scriptures telling us that after Christ resurrection, the Sabbath was still observed by His Apostles, this shows It was not canceled/nailled. And Why is it that Christ didn't remember to add the tithe law to the nailed Laws?

Acts 17:2-3(NIV)
2 As was his custom, Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures, 3 explaining and proving that the Messiah had to suffer and rise from the dead. “This Jesus I am proclaiming to you is the Messiah,” he said.

Jesus don already resurracte here and yet Paul read the Scriptures in public meetings on the Sabbath day (saturday).
Even as Paul was frequently accussed, He was never charged of disregarding the Sabbath day. Why did they not, if he did not keep it?

@thread sorry for like am going off topic, I am just trying to point out something as regard some Pastors trickish manner as concerning tithe.
...re u a seventh day adventist? Y do u keep hammering on the sabbath..i worship God every day..to me evryday shuld be a sabbath..not saturdays..
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by Boomark(m): 12:06pm On Oct 19, 2012
For those of you claiming they get inspirations from the spirit, know that the bible is where the promised whole truth is written and not for individuals.

And for those that are talking about LAW with respect to tithe, see what the law is according to the new covenant.

Romans 13:8-10
New International Version (NIV)

Love Fulfills the Law
8 Let no debt remain outstanding,
except the continuing debt to love
one another, for whoever loves
others has fulfilled the law.
9 The
commandments, “You shall not
commit adultery,” “You shall not
murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You
shall not covet,” and whatever
other command there may be, are
summed up in this one command:
“Love your neighbor as
yourself.”
10 Love does no harm
to a neighbor. Therefore love is the
fulfillment of the law.

Your pastors may never tell you this. Therefore i have brought it to you as a priest of God.

Those with Christ and the poor with love for God and their neighbour will triumph. These are the weightier matters.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by ATMC(f): 1:48pm On Oct 19, 2012
joe4christ:

And what would you call that? The spoil was his immidiate income at that moment, tithing is paying 10% of your immidiate earnings in terms of income or you might tag it as profit and not your total savings, it's just the 10% out of your immidiate profits for business men and women and 10% of your salary or wages as a income earner.
Abraham was a man of wisdom, he gave tithe even before the law, so much that even apostle paul made effancies on him and his act of tithing, what a blessed man indeed,
remember also that the person he gave his tithe was a priest called melchizadek (cant remember the spelling now) he was said to be a priest without beginning or end, he was said not have died, he was said to be in the rank order of christ Jesus, does'nt that sound like a mystery to you all, well let me not go further less i confuse you the more, melchizedek lived on, cos he never died, and being a priest forver means he's still a priest, so is there gonna be a priest other than christ who also would live as a priest forever other than christ?
Now u see how coded the logo is without the rhema, if the spirit of God does not interprete this to you u then u might just end up wallowing is the dark.
Learn to study the scriptures prayerfully, depending totally on the holy spirit for interpretation, he wont lead you astray...
thanks for d concluding part- d advice-but then, d advice is for u also...study for urself also...
Back to ur post, what abraham did was customary in dt land, after u'd gone for a war and conquered, u give d king ur spoil from d war...now abraham was called out, he was to say on his own, some people kidnapped his nephew, he went after them with his household and melchizedek king of salem met with him and collected d spoil...god is principled...
But bro joe think about this...if d tithe went from d levites to d priest, and nowadays, we aint got levites nor priest cos we've all been made priest unto d most high...who are d levites dt r to recieve d tithe from d pple and have them to d priest?
D structure is no more there. Can't u see? Meanwhile, u argue like u r right whereas u may be sincerely wrong...

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by truthislight: 3:48pm On Oct 19, 2012
plappville:

I understand your write up, Thanks. But my point for the tithe issue is this, if we keep claiming the Sabbath was nailed on the cross even if we still see scriptures telling us that after Christ resurrection, the Sabbath was still observed by His Apostles, this shows It was not canceled/nailled. And Why is it that Christ didn't remember to add the tithe law to the nailed Laws?

Acts 17:2-3(NIV)
2 As was his custom, Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures, 3 explaining and proving that the Messiah had to suffer and rise from the dead. “This Jesus I am proclaiming to you is the Messiah,” he said.

Jesus don already resurracte here and yet Paul read the Scriptures in public meetings on the Sabbath day (saturday).
Even as Paul was frequently accussed, He was never charged of disregarding the Sabbath day. Why did they not, if he did not keep it?

@thread sorry for like am going off topic, I am just trying to point out something as regard some Pastors trickish manner as concerning tithe.

paul went to the synagogue on saturdays or sabbath says so as to meet the Jews that were still worshiping on a sabbath day and preach to them.

That is the days that he will meet a crowd of Jews gathered together.

Dont forget that he said that people should not continue to be keeping/observing days and seasons.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by esere826: 5:05pm On Oct 19, 2012
It is good to pay tithes o, if not, some stingy xtians no go invest for the spreading of gospel wether pastor dey chop their money or not. grin

OK, but for me, I no dey pay (no follow me o)
Yes, it makes me a breaker of the 'tithe law which was in existence before the law'
Thank God that Jesus grace and yanfu yanfu blessings dey cover me from any ommission or sins established before the law and after the law
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by PastorKun(m): 5:10pm On Oct 19, 2012
esere826: It is good to pay tithes o, if not, some stingy xtians no go invest for the spreading of gospel wether pastor dey chop their money or not. grin

OK, but for me, I no dey pay (no follow me o)
Yes, it makes me a breaker of the 'tithe law which was in existence before the law'
Thank God that Jesus grace and yanfu yanfu blessings dey cover me from any ommission or sins established before the law and after the law

You are quite wrong 'tithe law' did not exist before the law although the practise was a common tradition in ancient Babylonia were abraham migrated from. Abraham's tithe was based on tradition and NOT law.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by esere826: 5:23pm On Oct 19, 2012
Pastor Kun:

You are quite wrong 'tithe law' did not exist before the law although the practise was a common tradition in ancient Babylonia were abraham migrated from. Abraham's tithe was based on tradition and NOT law.

Kindly note that my statement on tithing 'law' was made within inverted comas wink
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by plappville(f): 7:45pm On Oct 19, 2012
Bidam: ...re u a seventh day adventist? Y do u keep hammering on the sabbath..i worship God every day..to me evryday shuld be a sabbath..not saturdays..

I have been axpecting someone to ask this question grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by plappville(f): 7:46pm On Oct 19, 2012
truthislight:

paul went to the synagogue on saturdays or sabbath says so as to meet the Jews that were still worshiping on a sabbath day and preach to them.

That is the days that he will meet a crowd of Jews gathered together.

Dont forget that he said that people should not continue to be keeping/observing days and seasons.

Who said that?
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by expertfingers(m): 8:00pm On Oct 19, 2012
plappville:

Who said that?

Gal 4:9 But now you know the true God. Really, though, it is God who knows you. So why do you turn back to the same kind of weak and useless rules you followed before? Do you want to be slaves to those things again?
Gal 4:10 It worries me that you follow teachings about special days, months, seasons, and years. I fear that my work for you has been wasted.
[ERV]

That was Paul the Apostle speaking...More relevant verses:

Col 2:16 So don't let anyone make rules for you about eating and drinking or about Jewish customs (festivals, New Moon celebrations, or Sabbath days).
Col 2:17 In the past these things were like a shadow that showed what was coming. But the new things that were coming are found in Christ.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by babestella: 8:17pm On Oct 19, 2012
I see a whole lot of people who are not willing to pay their tithe, and some claim they prefer to give their tithe to the poor. Lets face the facts here, talking about tithe, I see nothing wrong in paying tithe. It is helpful in the spread of the gospel, and running of the church. Incan see some guys go to their church, and complain that the church is dusty, some events fuse to sit on some kind of church pews/chairs simply because they are good old and appears dirty. The truth is this, wether you pay your tithe or not, you surely will get blessed, because God has given us the power to make wealth. Now read: Malachi 3:8-10. It is simple obedience, by paying your tithe your get extra ordinary blessings beyond the normal blessings you get daily.in that passage, God promised to rebuke the devourer for our sake when we pay tithe, I don't think you need too much explanation on this. Have you wandered why people get duped?, why they get into wrong businesses sometimes, and why they lose money, why some go through some illnesses that cost several thousands of money and even millions to treat? Devourer comes in several forms, the aim is to make you lose money. But when you pay your tithe, You key into the total promise of God.

I am not a pastor, but i know that obeying God's word does no harm to any one, even if the pastor eats all the money, no problems, all I know is that I have done my part.the word of God is simply, but due to darkness in our hearts, we try to turn it around to suit of feelings towards others. If you are a real Christian, you will not complain, and for those who complain, they can stop paying theirs, tithe is not compulsory, it depends of your personal relationship with God. Church today has developed, today you see church fully air conditioned, good chairs, and pews, good choir equipment, and lots of conveniences, where do you think the money comes from?

Sometimes ago, we upgraded the chairs in my church to better ones, and each one cost 6,000 naira. We ordered for 1000 units. That is 6 million naira. Donation was called for, and the church was able to raise about 2.5 million. The balance was added from the church purse and others who upped their donations. Talk about air conditioners, we all know how much it cost to cool an auditorium of 1000 people. Do the Maths.

So it baffles me when Christians begin to support non payment of tithe. I can assure you that if you call for donation for a certain project that will cost say 5 million naira in the church, the same way they shy away from tithe, they will also shy away and tell you they rather give their 100 naïra to the poor because the pastor will embezzle the money. Ok, bless a begger with 100,000 naira some can start a life, they will look the other way. Please you guys should stop all these. If you want to give your tithe give, if not hold your money and your peace. I see people are holding back in the worship of God. if you want to worship God, you do with with all your heart, your time, resources, May God not replace us with stones.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by ATMC(f): 8:44pm On Oct 19, 2012
^ long sermon...

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by PastorKun(m): 9:33pm On Oct 19, 2012
babestella: I see a whole lot of people who are not willing to pay their tithe, and some claim they prefer to give their tithe to the poor. Lets face the facts here, talking about tithe, I see nothing wrong in paying tithe. It is helpful in the spread of the gospel, and running of the church. Incan see some guys go to their church, and complain that the church is dusty, some events fuse to sit on some kind of church pews/chairs simply because they are good old and appears dirty. The truth is this, wether you pay your tithe or not, you surely will get blessed, because God has given us the power to make wealth. Now read: Malachi 3:8-10. It is simple obedience, by paying your tithe your get extra ordinary blessings beyond the normal blessings you get daily.in that passage, God promised to rebuke the devourer for our sake when we pay tithe, I don't think you need too much explanation on this. Have you wandered why people get duped?, why they get into wrong businesses sometimes, and why they lose money, why some go through some illnesses that cost several thousands of money and even millions to treat? Devourer comes in several forms, the aim is to make you lose money. But when you pay your tithe, You key into the total promise of God.

I am not a pastor, but i know that obeying God's word does no harm to any one, even if the pastor eats all the money, no problems, all I know is that I have done my part.the word of God is simply, but due to darkness in our hearts, we try to turn it around to suit of feelings towards others. If you are a real Christian, you will not complain, and for those who complain, they can stop paying theirs, tithe is not compulsory, it depends of your personal relationship with God. Church today has developed, today you see church fully air conditioned, good chairs, and pews, good choir equipment, and lots of conveniences, where do you think the money comes from?

Sometimes ago, we upgraded the chairs in my church to better ones, and each one cost 6,000 naira. We ordered for 1000 units. That is 6 million naira. Donation was called for, and the church was able to raise about 2.5 million. The balance was added from the church purse and others who upped their donations. Talk about air conditioners, we all know how much it cost to cool an auditorium of 1000 people. Do the Maths.

So it baffles me when Christians begin to support non payment of tithe. I can assure you that if you call for donation for a certain project that will cost say 5 million naira in the church, the same way they shy away from tithe, they will also shy away and tell you they rather give their 100 naïra to the poor because the pastor will embezzle the money. Ok, bless a begger with 100,000 naira some can start a life, they will look the other way. Please you guys should stop all these. If you want to give your tithe give, if not hold your money and your peace. I see people are holding back in the worship of God. if you want to worship God, you do with with all your heart, your time, resources, May God not replace us with stones.

Example of a very carnally minded christian who is more interested in vainly sitting on N6,000 chairs than the welfare of his neighbour Jesus asked him to love that needs only N5,000 to turn his life around.

Don't blame you my brother, I know your position is as a result of the poisonous doctrines you are taught in the 'church' you attend.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by Boomark(m): 9:38pm On Oct 19, 2012
@Babestella

Obedience to the word of God is better than sacrifice.

What we are saying is that pastors should start teaching the truth in the word.

They are still holding unto the old covenant just acquire wealth and ignore the new covenant which Christ brought to us.

If they want let the money for changing microphones be 10billion, we don wan to know. Let them start teaching the truth.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by babestella: 9:53pm On Oct 19, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Example of a very carnally minded christian who is more interested in vainly sitting on N6,000 chairs than the welfare of his neighbour Jesus asked him to love that needs only N5,000 to turn his life around.

Don't blame you my brother, I know your position is as a result of the poisonous doctrines you are taught in the 'church' you attend.

So how many homeless people have you touched with your multi millions. Because we sat on 6,000 chairs does not stop us from helping those we have helped so far from my church, and on individual basis. I know your type, the devil is only using you to make us blow our trumpet, I will not tell you how my church touches lives, and on personal level what i have done to help others, God who sees in secret and rewards openly. You can as well sit on the floor of your church if you wish, it is not mine business. You can remove the ACs in your church, sell it and donate the money the poor.With or without you,the church must move on.

If you think Christians are supposed to live a poor life, you are mistaken. We are blessed and we have become a blessing to others. We do our part as a church and as individuals to help the poor. Have you done your part?

Check yourself properly and tell yourself how many homeless, orphanages you have helped in your entire life. Tell yourself the truth. Because we bought chairs worth 6 million for a church,myou are ranting your mouth. You have not seen anything na, the church is moving on, not even your criticism can stop it.

Tell me you don't have A/C in your church. Do you even know what goes on in your church, or you are just a bench warmer in the church that sees his pastor as some kind of thief. You need to change.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by babestella: 10:02pm On Oct 19, 2012
Boomark: @Babestella

Obedience to the word of God is better than sacrifice.

What we are saying is that pastors should start teaching the truth in the word.

They are still holding unto the old covenant just acquire wealth and ignore the new covenant which Christ brought to us.

If they want let the money for changing microphones be 10billion, we don wan to know. Let them start teaching the truth.

I get your point and i agree with you, and I must say this. If a pastor is not preaching the truth, I believe we have a choice. OK. I don't believe pastors who preach trash just to woo the church, No. If a pastor goes off the point, I leave the church. We all have a choice to attend and even in giving.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by babestella: 10:22pm On Oct 19, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Even if you are given all the tithe and offering money to share to the poor, you still will not be faithful with it. Lead by example. Bring out your car and house and other properties, sell them and donate all to the poor, start tomorrow. It is not late. Don't look at others or the church. You can start now.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by plappville(f): 10:47pm On Oct 19, 2012
expertfingers:

Gal 4:9[b] But now you know the true God. [/b] Really, though, it is God who knows you. So why do you turn back to the same kind of weak and useless rules you followed before? Do you want to be slaves to those things again?
Gal 4:10 It worries me that you follow teachings about special days, months, seasons, and years. I fear that my work for you has been wasted.
[ERV]

That was Paul the Apostle speaking...More relevant verses:

Col 2:16 So don't let anyone make rules for you about eating and drinking or about

Jewish customs (festivals, New Moon celebrations, or Sabbath days).
Col 2:17 In the past these things were like a shadow that showed what was coming. But the new things that were coming are found in Christ.

He was talking to new converts here abi? People who used to have thier own pagan feast, laws etc garding them before Paul preach Christ to them. So how will Paul say the laws of God are useless if He was not refering to thier Pagan rules??
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by plappville(f): 10:51pm On Oct 19, 2012
Paul certainly cant be refering to the Sabbath God holy day as weak and Useless.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by expertfingers(m): 11:06pm On Oct 19, 2012
plappville:

He was talking to new converts here abi? People who used to have thier own pagan feast, laws etc garding them before Paul preach Christ to them. So how will Paul say the laws of God are useless if He was not refering to thier Pagan rules??

What happened in Galatians was that some Jews started preaching circumcision and Moses' Law.
Paul was actually referring to laws of Moses and NOT pagan rules. You may need to read the whole of chapter 3 through
5 to get a good grasp of that.

Gal 5:1 We have freedom now, because Christ made us free. So stand strong in that freedom. Don't go back into slavery again.
Gal 5:2 Listen! I, Paul, tell you that if you start following the law by being circumcised, then Christ cannot help you.
Gal 5:3 Again, I warn everyone: If you allow yourselves to be circumcised, then you must follow the whole law.
Gal 5:4 If you try to be made right with God through the law, your life with Christ is finished--you have left God's grace.
Gal 5:5 I say this because our hope of being right with God comes through faith. And the Spirit helps us feel sure as we wait for that hope.
Gal 5:6 When someone belongs to Christ Jesus, it is not important if they are circumcised or not. The important thing is faith--the kind of faith that works through love.
Gal 5:7 You were doing so well. Who caused you to stop following the truth?
Gal 5:8 It certainly wasn't the one who chose you.
Gal 5:9 Be careful! "Just a little yeast makes the whole batch of dough rise."
Gal 5:10 I trust in the Lord that you will not believe those different ideas. Someone is trying to confuse you. Whoever it is will be punished.
Gal 5:11 My brothers and sisters, I don't teach that a man must be circumcised. If I do teach circumcision, then why am I still being persecuted? If I still taught circumcision, then my message about the cross would not be a problem.
Gal 5:12 I wish those people who are bothering you would add castration to their circumcision.
Gal 5:13 My brothers and sisters, God chose you to be free. But don't use your freedom as an excuse to do what pleases your sinful selves. Instead, serve each other with love.
Gal 5:14 The whole law is made complete in this one command: "Love your neighbor the same as you love yourself."

You can see that, that was NOT any pagan rules he was talking about. You can read thos verses up in other translation. That
translationis Easy-To-Read Version (ERV)
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by expertfingers(m): 11:11pm On Oct 19, 2012
plappville: Paul certainly cant be refering to the Sabbath God holy day as weak and Useless.

To put it politely, he was just trying to say making certain days special is irrelevant.
No day is special. Just like no place of worship is special. For emphasis here is colossians in KJV

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by Boomark(m): 11:22pm On Oct 19, 2012
It seems most people are now more interested in what is happening in the church than what is in the bible.

And you think God is interested in how comfortable a church is or how beautiful it looks?

Is it now the work of the church to show people that Christians are not poor by mere decoration of a house or the members when they start feeding well and helping lots of people out of their abundance.

What we are saying here is bible base and not what you feel is worth doing. We are practicing the new covenant with Christ. The days of tithing is gone and has no place in the new covenant. You better start reading your bible.

No matter what you feel is good, what you feel is heavenly, what you feel is godly, if it is not in line with the new covenant, you are not following Christ. Period.

If you like dance for Him in your airconditioned church from now till next week, you are wasting your time.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by plappville(f): 11:28pm On Oct 19, 2012
Was Paul saying God (speaking) through Him or He was advising them personally?
I asked because, we see some verse when He will say, (its from me) and other He will say (from the Lord) so which one? Thanks alot.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by expertfingers(m): 11:36pm On Oct 19, 2012
plappville: Was Paul saying God (speaking) through Him or He was advising them personally?
I asked because, we see some verse when He will say, (its from me) and other He will say (from the Lord) so which one? Thanks alot.

Not putting yourself in bondage of whatever was in the law(old testament law) is actually a core
package of the new covenant. Paul felt very very strongly about this. This is what he has to say
about those pushing the tenets of the law:

Gal 5:12 I wish those people who are bothering you would add castration to their circumcision. (ERV)
Gal 5:12 I would they were even cut off which trouble you. (KJV)
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by plappville(f): 11:45pm On Oct 19, 2012
expertfingers:

Not putting yourself in bondage of whatever was in the law(old testament law) is actually a core
package of the new covenant. Paul felt very very strongly about this. This is what he has to say
about those pushing the tenets of the law:

Gal 5:12 I wish those people who are bothering you would add castration to their circumcision. (ERV)
Gal 5:12 I would they were even cut off which trouble you. (KJV)

My question was not answered ooo!
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by expertfingers(m): 11:49pm On Oct 19, 2012
plappville:
My question was not answered ooo!

It was NOT an advice. It's the rule once you are in Christ.

Does that answer your question?
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by plappville(f): 12:07am On Oct 20, 2012
expertfingers:

It was NOT an advice. It's the rule once you are in Christ.

Does that answer your question?
1 corinthians 7: 6     But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment.
7     For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.
8     I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I.
9     But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.
10     ¶ And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:

See what i mean. First was not of a commandment why the second is a command from God through Him
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by thelastPope(m): 5:02am On Oct 20, 2012
babestella:

Even if you are given all the tithe and offering money to share to the poor, you still will not be faithful with it. Lead by example. Bring out your car and house and other properties, sell them and donate all to the poor, start tomorrow. It is not late. Don't look at others or the church. You can start now.

If you are truly Born Again, then you should stop talking sentimentally and start getting acquainted with God's Word. It doesn't matter how nice your action looks, if it is not in line with God's Word, it is a lie and God will not approve it. There are many people that are sincerely in error. God is not moved by sentiments but by his Word. 1 Cor 13 shows us it is very possible to do good deeds in the physical but not get God's approval.

Tithe is not a new testament command. Whether you buy 100, 000 executive chairs for your church cannot change that. Moreover, those who are busy building large auditoriums of worship are wasting their time. The earth will pass away! God does not dwell in temples of stone. We are the temple of the living God. Unfortunately, many believers have become to carnally and earthly minded that they are now competing for earthly things. Read 1 Tim 6 and see what Paul says.

Please, do not go around saying sentimental stuff that negate God's word. I have given my tithe before. I have given my car as a seed before. So saying people don't want to give their tithe is sentimental talk. There is no tithing for the new testament believer. You can still help your church by your freewill giving. Nobody said you shouldn't give to your church, but tithing is not scriptural for us. Simple as!
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by cogicero: 7:12am On Oct 20, 2012
Leave matter for Matthias
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by Boomark(m): 7:29am On Oct 20, 2012
And they will say Lord, Lord, we built airconditioned church in your name and the alter was turning round and round to your glory... Then He will say to them: Taaaa! Depart from me sharp sharp. I don't know you. Matt 7:21-23, Matt 25:41-46.

I pray God will help us all in Jesus name Amen.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by ATMC(f): 7:44am On Oct 20, 2012
Boomark: And they will say Lord, Lord, we built airconditioned church in your name and the alter was turning round and round to your glory... Then He will say to them: Taaaa! Depart from me sharp sharp. I don't know you. Matt 7:21-23, Matt 25:41-46.

I pray God will help us all in Jesus name Amen.
lol, as if d almighty dwells in a hand-made temple. Smh

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Bishop David Oyedepo's Prophecies For 2018 / Pastor Lazarus Muoka Spotted On A Power Bike (Photos) / Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.