Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor (58739 Views)

Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? / TB Joshua Returns N500,000 Tithe To Elderly Woman / Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by jstringz(m): 7:44am On Oct 18, 2012
Orikinla: You give alms to the poor and tithes to your church for missionary work salvation.

There is missionary offering in my church and u still get 2 pay ur tithe.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by Asiwaju9ja(m): 8:13am On Oct 18, 2012
odum desmond: People stil misunderstand the concept and biblical principles of tithing. Tithe cannot be validly paid anywhere except in your church going by strict interpretation of Malachi 3:10 . It says bring your tithes and offerings to "my(God's) store house" I don't see anything else that can equate for store house today if not the church. Abraham in the bible first recording of tithing paid his tithe to Melchizedek the High priest of God. Tithe is not a charity donation, it is observance of scriptural injunction. You cannot use tith money for charity and claim you have fulfilled biblical injunction!!!
Quote something from d new testament, because jesus Christ came to change many things of the old.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by jstringz(m): 8:19am On Oct 18, 2012
I believe it is imperative 2 pay your tithe in the promotion of the gospel. A lot of churches are beautifying their churches with this while a vast majority of needy members rot in their poverty. The church is constantly evolving but that stil doesn't give us d right 2 go against God commandments.

Dis brings me 2 another point; I hope most of u have heard of the ex md/ceo of one of dis banks who stole millions of naira and paid as tithe 2 a church. Dis person might also be d same person who on a good day might have come across a widow or orphan in a pathetic situation and simply ignore.

If u pay ur tithe 2 d church it is a good thing, u are obeying the commandments of God. But the truth is if u are d type that consistently seee beggars on daily basis begging for alms and u refuse 2 show compassion. U are not better than the pharisees dat Jesus despised for they were hypocritical.

God seees the heart of everyone. A deeper study of the book of matthew will reveal all dis.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by Asiwaju9ja(m): 8:39am On Oct 18, 2012
Personally, I don't have any qualms wit d tithe thing. It definitely has its rewards. My problem is with the Pastors threatening members with it.Pastors even tell their members to pay tithe on everything they have including dash, grants or stolen money. It don't matter. I have not heard or read where Jesus Christ and his Disciples paid tithe. Tithe was collated in d old testament, not monetized. What happened to the old law? They
will say that the coming of Jesus Christ Abolished it. But, it did not abolish tithing with it
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by ogene007: 8:48am On Oct 18, 2012
There is no place for tithe in the christian church.Tithe was part of the law which was a shadow of the reality which was to come with the new dispensation that Christ ushered in through his death and resurrection(Col.2:13-14). That reality is charity which has replaced the law of tithe(Col.3:14, Gal.6:2). There is no account in the new testament where the apostles collected tithes, rather they collected charity offerings where people gave willingly without coercion as is seen today.People are always quick to quote malachi 3:10, going further to highlight all the troubles that would befall you if you fail to pay tithes. If tithing was so fundamental for one to enjoy the good life promised by God, does it now mean that Christ's redemptive work(Col. 1:13-14) is not complete without tithing? The righteous requirements of the law including the law of tithe has been met by Christ's redemptive work on the cross. There he stated it conclusively with the statement 'IT IS FINISHED'(John.19:30).

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by Boomark(m): 8:52am On Oct 18, 2012
THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT RECEIVE TITHE.

Deuteronomy 14:28-29
New International Version - UK
(NIVUK)
28 At the end of every three years,
bring all the tithes of that year’s
produce and store it in your towns,
29 so that the Levites (who have
no land allotted to them or any
inheritance of their own) and the
foreigners, the fatherless and the
widows
who live in your towns
may come and eat and be satisfied,
and so that the LORD your God may
bless you in all the work of your
hands.

The levites are not priests. They are the ones that give tithe of all they receive to the priest.

Now we have no levites according to the new covenant with Christ but a generation of priests(all of us. 1Peter2:9). We as priests have a Highpriest(Christ) over us.

We now give to the Highpriest. This is how we give to Him-Matt25:37-40. Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers that you do unto me. Still making reference to the poor. This is just what delights Him. Make it your priority.

People should stop saying my pastor says and follow what the bible says.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by KDK(m): 8:57am On Oct 18, 2012
Iolo: Deuteronomy 14:

24 But if that place is too distant and you
have been blessed by the Lord your God and
cannot carry your tithe (because the place
where the Lord will choose to put his Name is
so far away),

25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and
take the silver with you and go to the place
the Lord your God will choose.

26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like:
cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink,
or anything you wish. Then you and your
household shall eat there in the presence of
the Lord your God and rejoice.

27 And do not neglect the Levites living in
your towns, for they have no allotment or
inheritance of their own.

My Questions are:

1. The levites were the ones doing the works of God serving as Priests etc in the bible. God clearly declared that they should own no lands or valued properties of their own.

How are Pastors ignoring this and buying private jets for their private use?

2. God clearly states that Tithes (which were crops or animals as in the OT days) can be converted to money and spent on whatever your heart desires.

How does this reflect on the present day you must bring 10% to the church syndrome?

3. There is no where in the NT where tithe was mentioned. None of Jesus's disciplies was known to pay tithe. And Jesus himself was never known to pay Tithe @ the temple during his days. If we can safely assume (based on the absense of anything tithe in the NT) that Jesus didn't pay tithe during his time, where are we Christians being convinced to pay tithe?

Would appreciate someone who can answer these questions in detail and intelligently, as they've bugged me for quite sometime.

Honestly, I don't know why people don't read this portion of the bible and why pastors who say they are honest never buttress it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by AZeD1(m): 9:00am On Oct 18, 2012
adieora: Malachi 3:8-11. Pls pay ur tithe to the church.If you have been giving your tithe to the poor,sorry to say u hvnt been paying your tithe.Although you hv been giving to the poor. I dnt know why paying tithe is an issue for Christians.[b]It doesn't matter what your Pst is doing with the money.what is impt is that God knows you gave your tithe.[/b]I dnt know if you expect God to come down and collect the money physically.If the Pst is spending it on himself then that is btw him and God, your blessings will still come.
Can God be found only in the church? If it doesn't matter what the pastor does with the money why should it matter if i give it to the poor afterall Christ said what so ever you do to the least of my brothers, you do to me.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by victorkc(m): 9:03am On Oct 18, 2012
Nothing is wrong in giving to the poor, but there is specific instruction on tithing.
It is meant for the upkeep of the priestly. If everybody gives their tithe to the
poor, then who takes care of the men of God, they should go hungry also??. Give your tithe
to your primary place of worship and giving does not end in tithing so you can then give other portions of
your alms or offering to the poor also, you can only be blessed the more. Ask for insight [color=#000099][/color]
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by plappville(f): 9:09am On Oct 18, 2012
free2ryhme: y must we distort the truth even when it is there in the bible plain black and white ... you can give to the poor but your tithe is for God there is no negotiating dis. it is a command from God ...it is called a tithe becos it is for God not for the poor no matter how sentimental you paint it

Check the NT and tell me if you will not see Gods Sabbath rampantly observed by Jesus and His Apostles yet why did the church today rejected it? Didn't Christ kept the OT sabbath law? And he even spoke about it in a future prophecy. "Pray ye that you flight be not in winter or on the Sabbath (saturday) yet we ignore this law. Is the tithe more Important than Gods Sabbath? If u break the sabbath and pay tithe ate you pleasing God.
Tithe tithe tithe, una dey hid other of God laws. Yet promoting tithe as if its the most important.

Hypo........s like the pharisees!
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by plappville(f): 9:15am On Oct 18, 2012
Boomark: THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT RECEIVE TITHE.

Deuteronomy 14:28-29
New International Version - UK
(NIVUK)
28 At the end of every three years,
bring all the tithes of that year’s
produce and store it in your towns,
29 so that the Levites (who have
no land allotted to them or any
inheritance of their own) and the
foreigners, the fatherless and the
widows
who live in your towns
may come and eat and be satisfied,
and so that the LORD your God may

bless you in all the work of your
hands.

The levites are not priests. They are the ones that give tithe of all they receive to the priest.

Now we have no levites according to the new covenant
with Christ but a generation of priests(all of us. 1Peter2:9). We as priests have a Highpriest(Christ) over us.

We now give to the Highpriest. This is how we give to Him-Matt25:37-40. Whatsoever you do to the least of

my brothers that you do unto me. Still making reference to the poor. This is just what delights Him. Make it your priority.

People should stop saying my pastor says and follow what the bible says.

Tithers are not truthful to themselves. They should keep all of the old testament laws. Then they can believe they are tithing to God.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by joe4christ(m): 9:28am On Oct 18, 2012
Mcdondayan: Good day brothers and sisters in the lord. I have been pondering over this issue, and have asked some questions about it.
The bible tells us to give one tenth of our proceed to the lord and there are many promises attached to it. But if we look around us there are many poor people around us.
I have asked this same question to a clergy man and he said it is nt wrong because God is also in the poor. So i want to bring the same question to NL christains (not the brainwashed ones) who have proper reason to clear my doubt. IS IT WRONG TO GIVE OUR TITHE TO THE POOR?

The scriptures cannot be broken, when God ask for your tithe he does'nt ask cos he is in need or something, he's a God of abundace, if God has blessed you enough then u can tithe to the church and at thesame time give helping hand to those in need, must u have to use your tithe for that?
God is seeking to bless people who would obey his command and not their idealogies,
malachi 3:10 clearly stated that you bring your tithe to the house of the lord (Church) so there would be abundance in his house (Church)
so dont get it twisted please less you be counted as a rubber who rub God of tithe out of the abundance he entrusted you with.
Nough said already!
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by AZeD1(m): 9:32am On Oct 18, 2012
joe4christ:

The scriptures cannot be broken, when God ask for your tithe he does'nt ask cos he is in need or something, he's a God of abundace, if God has blessed you enough then u can tithe to the church and at thesame time give helping hand to those in need, must u have to use your tithe for that?
God is seeking to bless people who would obey his command and not their idealogies,
malachi 3:10 clearly stated that you bring your tithe to the house of the lord (Church) so there would be abundance in his house (Church)
so dont get it twisted please less you be counted as a rubber who rub God of tithe out of the abundance he entrusted you with.
Nough said already!
Please brother what is the church? Is it the buildings or the people?
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by Dranatomy: 9:39am On Oct 18, 2012
There is blessing in thithing,malachi 3:3...Dare not temper wit dat 10%...A priest must Dedicate it to God first cuz its a sacrifice, hence, it must not by-pass Gods alter(church)...Helping the poor should be from ur personal income not from tithe....If tithe should be used, it must pass tro a priest for dedication to God ....Alternatively, the priest can decide to give it back to u after blessing so u can go and give to the poor and widows
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by joe4christ(m): 9:41am On Oct 18, 2012
A-ZeD:

Listen to me, the church is made up of the body of believers and not the building which we all know, but do you also believe that the church on earth do have needs which requires finance to curb it?
Do you also not agree with me that the works of the lord would be hindered if tithing is not channeled the right way?
Do you not also see that when the church is in position of those tithes they can destribute it effectively by channeling it on things and projects that would further advance the Gospel of the kingdom thereby Glorifying God?
If you chose to give out your tithe to those in need out there and not tithe in your denomination where you worship,, u think it wont affect church projects and eventually the work of God?
Think again bro!

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by Dranatomy: 9:45am On Oct 18, 2012
There is blessing in
thithing,malachi 3:3...Dare not
temper wit dat 10%...A priest
must Dedicate it to God first cuz its
a sacrifice, hence, it must not by-
pass Gods alter(church)...Helping the poor should be from ur
personal income not from
tithe....If tithe should be used, it
must pass tro a priest for
dedication to God ....Alternatively,
the priest can decide to give it back to u after blessing so u can
go and give to the poor and
widows...Enough of argument
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by KDK(m): 9:46am On Oct 18, 2012
@ FHEMMY, JOAGABAJE & other tithe preachers,
Do you all know that you are not meant to tithe on the seventh year as it is a tithe break? Have you or has your pastor ever preached this? I have never seen any pastor tell the congregation that ' if you know you have been tithing for 6 years, please you will not tithe the seventh year' in accordance with LEV 25: 1-7

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by kensol: 9:50am On Oct 18, 2012
[quote author=Logicboy03]
tithe is for God and u have to give it in d place where u worship. their r different giving in d bible and every giving have is own blessings. u cannot give wat is meant for God to d poor, dat is totally wrong and it is not scriptural. God admonish us us to bring d tithe into His own house which is d church ( read mal 3:11-11), so if u take ur tithe to d poor u r disobeying God and u are are not faithful to God. d bible said we should give to d poor and dat should not take d place of giving our tithe to God. God only demand 10% from ur earning and u can do other giving ( dis include giving to d poor) as d spirit leads u from d remaining 90%.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by cleric(m): 9:56am On Oct 18, 2012
grin grin grin very funny, I don't pay tithes cos it has been done away with. The Jews don't pay tithe today so I don't understand how we can be more Jewish than the Jews. undecided
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by AZeD1(m): 9:56am On Oct 18, 2012
Everybody who has supported tithing has quoted Malachi 3:10 only;
@Fhemmmy and all tithers in the house please answer my questions

1)Who was God talking to in Malachi? (pls read from Malachi 1)
2)If you say people give their tithes to God and not the pastor why is it a problem giving it to God through a poor man?
3)2 Cor 9:7 Says every man should give as he desires in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity(compulsion): for God loves a cheerful give. Why was the bolded included if tithes where compulsory?
4)In all of Jesus teachings as regard giving, it was give to the poor/people who can't repay you e.t.c not once did he mention church. Why?
5)what does Matthew 25:35-40 mean?
6)In the time of Malachi, any where the ark of the covenant was kept became the temple. Today the temple is our hearts so why does paying my tithes have to be in a church? (Hint: understand question 3, reaad question 6 very well)
7)Abraham paid his tithes from the spoils of war not his wealth so why should i pay mine from my salary?
8}Abraham was already rich before he paid his tithes, Jesus said seek yee the Kingdom of heaven and its righteousness and [b]everything [/b]shall be given unto you. Why do i have to pay tithes to be blessed when christ says all i need to be blessed is to seek heaven? (Hint: understand question 1)
9)Can anyone of you explain Hebrews 7?
10)Which of the apostles paid tithes?

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by Boomark(m): 9:57am On Oct 18, 2012
A-ZeD:

I tire o!
May be his pastor will have to give him the answer. They don't know the purpose tithe served.

The focal point is to help those in need, those that don't have etc.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 18, 2012
Who is a levite in present day church setting? undecided
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by cleric(m): 10:02am On Oct 18, 2012
A-ZeD:
Everybody who has supported tithing has quoted Malachi 3:10 only;
@Fhemmmy and all tithers in the house please answer my questions

1)Who was God talking to in Malachi? (pls read from Malachi 1)
2)If you say people give their tithes to God and not the pastor why is it a problem giving it to God through a poor man?
3)2 Cor 9:7 Says every man should give as he desires in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity(compulsion): for God loves a cheerful give. Why was the bolded included if tithes where compulsory?
4)In all of Jesus teachings as regard giving, it was give to the poor/people who can't repay you e.t.c not once did he mention church. Why?
5)what does Matthew 25:35-40 mean?
6)In the time of Malachi, any where the ark of the covenant was kept became the temple. Today the temple is our hearts so why does paying my tithes have to be in a church? (Hint: understand question 3, reaad question 6 very well)
7)Abraham paid his tithes from the spoils of war not his wealth so why should i pay mine from my salary?
8}Abraham was already rich before he paid his tithes, Jesus said seek yee the Kingdom of heaven and its righteousness and [b]everything [/b]shall be given unto you. Why do i have to pay tithes to be blessed when christ says all i need to be blessed is to seek heaven? (Hint: understand question 1)
9)Can anyone of you explain Hebrews 7?
10)Which of the apostles paid tithes?

Thanks

Very good questions. They will try to manipulate their ways. They keep part of the old testament and not keep all.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by joe4christ(m): 10:18am On Oct 18, 2012
KDK: @ FHEMMY, JOAGABAJE & other tithe preachers,
Do you all know that you are not meant to tithe on the seventh year as it is a tithe break? Have you or has your pastor ever preached this? I have never seen any pastor tell the congregation that ' if you know you have been tithing for 6 years, please you will not tithe the seventh year' in accordance with LEV 25: 1-7

[size=15pt]You do have the Holy spirit residing inside of you i believe, if you are faithful in tithing and want to stop on the seventh year, the holy spirit inside of you will groan in pain and dissagreement, believe me, it does'nt apply to the body of christ (The new testament church) the problem i discorver with the church of the generation is that we seem to be lazy or in disbelieve that God still speaks and directs, cos we've rendered the holy spirit domant thereby not listening when he speaks, the holy spirit is not on earth for no reason, he is meant to direct us into all truth as rightfully stated by the Lord Jesus himself while on earth, the holy spirit is real and guides, personally there is no question i dont ask him and each time i do atimes even before gathering those questions i intend asking he would have provided me with the answer with deep deep insight that i can only relate it with the brightest light that shines in darkest of all dark, he is real, and unvails mysteries of heaven, earth and the kingdom of christ to the heirs of salvation, i dont know why you all are afraid of listening to him, he is the greatest friend and teacher i have ever known, he's always there with me in hardest times and good times, he gives me hope whenever i find myself in life's challenges by reminding me of what the word of God says conscerning that issue and finally give me his personal words of wisdom and knowledge for that situation, he gives me peace in the mid of trouble and problems of life, he is a friend i cannot trade for the entire riches of the world, he is the only one who assure me of my eternal inheritance in christ, he is the only one that assure me of my making heaven cos he promised to keep me till my dieing moment so i will appear blameless before the throne of the father.
Whenever i'm not in good term with him due to my sins, i lose my peace and Joy, i feel insecure without him, i know i wont survive a month without him in my life.
He is indeed a Gift from God to the heirs of salvation.
If you're not experiencing what i just wrote then you're really missing a lot, infact you've missed out of God's intend plan, the holy spirit is too sweet, no wonder he's called the sweet spirit of the living God.
Repent of your sins, accept Jesus as your lord and saviour and then ask the lord to baptise you with his spirit (HOLY SPIRIT) and then get baptised with water and then continaully fellowship with him and make his voice more audible to your hearing by spending much time studying the word of God (The Bible)
I wish the church hear from the holy spirit as i do we would'nt be here arguing over this issue and others like about the Godhead and many more.
God help your church to grow in Jesus name. Amen!!! [/size]

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by joe4christ(m): 10:24am On Oct 18, 2012
Boomark:

I tire o!
May be his pastor will have to give him the answer. They don't know the purpose tithe served.

The focal point is to help those in need, those that don't have etc.

No, you go back and check my response to that question, my pastor is not my teacher, the holy spirit is, i guess that's the difference between you and i, i listen to the holy spirit unvailing mysteries of the kindom of God while you listen to the wisdom of men the bible says will fail.
Who do you listen to?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by PastorKun(m): 10:25am On Oct 18, 2012
@Joe4christ
There is absolutely no way you would have the holy spirit within you and you would teach/preach the fraudulent doctrine of tithes which denies the saving grace of our lord Jesus christ and attempts to make his final sacrifice in vain. I put it to you with all due respect that all you have written up here are pathological lies. God NEVER requested tithes of christians and no matter how much you try to manipulate sccriptures and lie to us that the holy spirit talks to you, the word of God would NEVER change. You seriously need to repent.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by cleric(m): 10:25am On Oct 18, 2012
joe4christ:

[size=15pt]You do have the Holy spirit residing inside of you i believe, if you are faithful in tithing and want to stop on the seventh year, the holy spirit inside of you will groan in pain and dissagreement, believe me, it does'nt apply to the body of christ (The new testament church) the problem i discorver with the church of the generation is that we seem to be lazy or in disbelieve that God still speaks and directs, cos we've rendered the holy spirit domant thereby not listening when he speaks, the holy spirit is not on earth for no reason, he is meant to direct us into all truth as rightfully stated by the Lord Jesus himself while on earth, the holy spirit is real and guides, personally there is no question i dont ask him and each time i do atimes even before gathering those questions i intend asking he would have provided me with the answer with deep deep insight that i can only relate it with the brightest light that shines in darkest of all dark, he is real, and unvails mysteries of heaven, earth and the kingdom of christ to the heirs of salvation, i dont know why you all are afraid of listening to him, he is the greatest friend and teacher i have ever known, he's always there with me in hardest times and good times, he gives me hope whenever i find myself in life's challenges by reminding me of what the word of God says conscerning that issue and finally give me his personal words of wisdom and knowledge for that situation, he gives me peace in the mid of trouble and problems of life, he is a friend i cannot trade for the entire riches of the world, he is the only one who assure me of my eternal inheritance in christ, he is the only one that assure me of my making heaven cos he promised to keep me till my dieing moment so i will appear blameless before the throne of the father.
Whenever i'm not in good term with him due to my sins, i lose my peace and Joy, i feel insecure without him, i know i wont survive a month without him in my life.
If you're not experiencing what i just wrote then you're really missing a lot, infact you've missed out of God's intend plan, the holy spirit is too sweet, no wonder he's called the sweet spirit of the living God.
Repent of your sins, accept Jesus as your lord and saviour and then ask the lord to baptise you with his spirit (HOLY SPIRIT) and then get baptised with water and then continaully fellowship with him and make his voice more audible to your hearing by spending much time studying the word of God (The Bible)
I wish the church hear from the holy spirit as i do we would'nt be here arguing over this issue and others like about the Godhead and many more.
So because he quoted a verse that contravenes all your belief, it means he is not born again? undecided. Is that what your 'holy spirit' told you? If so, I think you should listen more carefully. I have seen KDK's videos on YouTube and I don't think he is not born again. Whether he is standing is what I don't know.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by AZeD1(m): 10:27am On Oct 18, 2012
joe4christ:

You do have the Holy spirit residing inside of you i believe, if you are faithful in tithing and want to stop on the seventh year, the holy spirit inside of you will groan in pain and dissagreement, believe me, it does'nt apply to the body of christ (The new testament church) the problem i discorver with the church of the generation is that we seem to be lazy or in disbelieve that God still speaks and directs, cos we've rendered the holy spirit domant thereby not listening when he speaks, the holy spirit is not on earth for no reason, he is meant to direct us into all truth as rightfully stated by the Lord Jesus himself while on earth, the holy spirit is real and guides, personally there is no question i dont ask him and each time i do atimes even before gathering those questions i intend asking he would have provided me with the answer with deep deep insight that i can only relate it with the brightest light that shines in darkest of all dark, he is real, and unvails mysteries of heaven, earth and the kingdom of christ to the heirs of salvation, i dont know why you all are afraid of listening to him, he is the greatest friend and teacher i have ever known, he's always there with me in hardest times and good times, he gives me hope whenever i find myself in life's challenges by reminding me of what the word of God says conscerning that issue and finally give me his personal words of wisdom and knowledge for that situation, he gives me peace in the mid of trouble and problems of life, he is a friend i cannot trade for the entire riches of the world, he is the only one who assure me of my eternal inheritance in christ, he is the only one that assure me of my making heaven cos he promised to keep me till my dieing moment so i will appear blameless before the throne of the father.
God help your church to grow in Jesus name. Amen!!!

The bolded is my problem with you tithers. That part doesn't apply to the new testament church but Malachi 3:10 which is in the same old testament applies to the new testament church abi?
If you had the holy spirit in you, then you would know that you cannot love God if you don't love your fellow man. How do you love your fellow man? By showing him love, helping him in his time of need and not by paying tithes.
Read Hebrews 7, the parable of the good samaritan, Mat 25:35-40

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by FlyboyZee: 10:29am On Oct 18, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Malachi 3:10 ESV: Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need - Unlike now, the Church used to take care of a lot of things and the money is needed for them all.

I know you know so much about cars, but I think tithe is off-limits for you.
Now, please answer these questions objectively to get a true idea of my own school of thought.
1. The Malachi you quoted, was it before Christ's coming or after His coming?
2. When did Christianity began? Was it before Christ or after Christ?
3. What did the New Testament say about the laws now written in the heart of men?
4. Show me in the New Testament where tithing was attached to a blessing?
5. From Malachi, Please describe the store house of the Lord (quote relevant New Testament verses if any to back up your argument).
6. What about the other laws (Drink offering, Burnt Offering, Dedication of the first born male to the Lord, etc) that were given at the time the law of tithing was given, are you still observing them?
7. What did Christ himself say about giving? Did he direct Christians to give to a particular person(s) or group?
8. By the way, What is Christianity? Is it bound by Laws or by Grace?
9. What is the utmost aim of Christianity? is it to receive earthly blessings or to make heaven in the end?

Until you answer these questions with relevant bible quotations (New Testament), you may just be walking with the Anti-Christs straight to hell with your bible in your hands and your eyes wide open. Don't let anybody deceive you with their talks, read the bible its always there for you.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by KDK(m): 10:34am On Oct 18, 2012
joe4christ:

@ joe4christ,
I doubt if what you have is the Holy Spirit so you better check it like another rightly posted earlier. I am a born again Christian. I need not give you full details of my Christian foundation but do know I have a ministry. I would strongly advise you get closer to God so that you can hear from Him better because I know my God can never deceive you by telling you I am not born again.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by AnselmA(m): 10:35am On Oct 18, 2012
Its very wrong.
Re: Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor by AZeD1(m): 10:35am On Oct 18, 2012
@joe4christ

What did Jesus mean by "seek ye the kingdom of heaven and it righteousness and everything shall be given to you"?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Church Management Information System Course And Certification / Prophetic Picture Of The 2016 By D.K OLUKOYA / Why A Christian Girl Converted To Islam (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.