Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,509 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu (18728 Views)

PDP Sets Up 9-man Committee On Mimiko’s Defection / Pdp Raises Panel On Mimiko’s Defection / Did Tinubu Bribe Ayo Salami: If He Spent Millions Of Pounds On Mimiko? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu by sammy329(m): 7:43am On Oct 16, 2012
Former Lagos State Governor Bola Tinubu has claimed that he supported Ondo State Governor Olusegun Mimiko with millions of pounds in cash during the legal battle to reclaim his mandate after the 2007 election in the state.

Tinubu made the allegation during the Redemption Rally organised by the Action Congress of Nigeria in Akure to mobilise support for the party’s candidate in Saturday’s governorship election, Mr. Rotimi Akeredolu.

The ACN leader said Mimiko was economical with the truth when he claimed that he did not receive money from him while the battle lasted.

Tinubu, who quoted copiously from the Holy Bible while addressing the people, insisted that he gave money and vehicles to Mimiko as part of his contribution.

He said, “Mimiko claimed that I did not spend money when he had problems with his mandate, this is not true. It is a lie. He came to me and begged me to support him, rolling on the ground.

“He (Mimiko) claimed that Wole Olanipekun was there when we were planning the strategy, this is not correct. Rotimi Akeredolu was among the lawyers we organised for him.

“He collected money from me. I spent millions of pounds sterling but he betrayed me. It was Yemi Osinbajo who travelled to Israel and other countries to arrange the experts that helped him prosecute the case.

“People warned me not to help him because of his antecedents of being a serial traitor. He betrayed Adebayo Adefarati, Olusegun Agagu, and Chief Olusegun Obasanjo among others, but I still helped him.

“Mimiko has called me a godfather, yes, I am a positive godfather and even, god fatherism is biblical and that is why Christians refer to God as their father.

“I play god-fatherism in the South-West for the good of our people. My godfatherism is for progress, it is for mentoring. I have brought development to Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Lagos, Edo and Ogun states and the people are better for it.”

Tinubu condemned the mega school concept of the Mimiko administration, saying the schools were not meant for a low populated state like Ondo.

He said, “Mega school is not meant for Ondo. You don’t have the population. The mega school concept can only work in places like Lagos which is densely populated.

“Mimiko is just deceiving you with his mega school idea. It cannot work. We build millennium schools in Lagos where we have thousands of children. What you have in Ondo is a deceit.”

The ACN National Leader said Ondo would lose a lot if the people refused to put an ACN government in place through their votes on Saturday.

1 Like

Re: I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu by PeterKbaba: 8:21am On Oct 16, 2012
You and this your childish garri market stunts, dont u get tired of talking about it(Abi na garri u dey sell)... cant you just go put on your tv and watch cartoon.
Re: I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu by dotman(m): 8:24am On Oct 16, 2012
All dem oloshis
Re: I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu by quest003: 8:24am On Oct 16, 2012
And whose money is this millions of pounds sir?

9 Likes

Re: I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 16, 2012
Mimiko must be pissing his pants now. No one †☺ run †☺, I doubt he can even evoke power of incumbency †☺ win.

1 Like

Re: I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 16, 2012
Tinubu should get over it, This is politics my friend.. You cheat/sly people. Its normal.

Has Tinubu not cheated a lot of people? undecided. Why is it now paining him that someone managed to do the same to him?
Re: I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu by Demdem(m): 8:28am On Oct 16, 2012
This isnt new. Otedollar, Dangote and their kind gave Billions during the Retardeen's election and the Retardeen remains loyal to them till date even more than the populace.
Anyway, its left for Ondo people to decide who they want between Mimiko and Akeredolu. The are wise enough to decide. i wish them the best.
Re: I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu by MadCow1: 8:29am On Oct 16, 2012
sammy329: Former Lagos State Governor Bola Tinubu has claimed that he supported Ondo State Governor Olusegun Mimiko with millions of pounds in cash during the legal battle to reclaim his mandate after the 2007 election in the state.

Tinubu made the allegation during the Redemption Rally organised by the Action Congress of Nigeria in Akure to mobilise support for the party’s candidate in Saturday’s governorship election, Mr. Rotimi Akeredolu.

The ACN leader said Mimiko was economical with the truth when he claimed that he did not receive money from him while the battle lasted.

Tinubu, who quoted copiously from the Holy Bible while addressing the people, insisted that he gave money and vehicles to Mimiko as part of his contribution.

He said, “Mimiko claimed that I did not spend money when he had problems with his mandate, this is not true. It is a lie. He came to me and begged me to support him, rolling on the ground.

“He (Mimiko) claimed that Wole Olanipekun was there when we were planning the strategy, this is not correct. Rotimi Akeredolu was among the lawyers we organised for him.

“He collected money from me. I spent millions of pounds sterling but he betrayed me. It was Yemi Osinbajo who travelled to Israel and other countries to arrange the experts that helped him prosecute the case.

“People warned me not to help him because of his antecedents of being a serial traitor. He betrayed Adebayo Adefarati, Olusegun Agagu, and Chief Olusegun Obasanjo among others, but I still helped him.

“Mimiko has called me a godfather, yes, I am a positive godfather and even, god fatherism is biblical and that is why Christians refer to God as their father.

“I play god-fatherism in the South-West for the good of our people. My godfatherism is for progress, it is for mentoring. I have brought development to Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Lagos, Edo and Ogun states and the people are better for it.”

Tinubu condemned the mega school concept of the Mimiko administration, saying the schools were not meant for a low populated state like Ondo.

He said, “Mega school is not meant for Ondo. You don’t have the population. The mega school concept can only work in places like Lagos which is densely populated.

“Mimiko is just deceiving you with his mega school idea. It cannot work. We build millennium schools in Lagos where we have thousands of children. What you have in Ondo is a deceit.”

The ACN National Leader said Ondo would lose a lot if the people refused to put an ACN government in place through their votes on Saturday.

sammy329: Former Lagos State Governor Bola Tinubu has claimed that he supported Ondo State Governor Olusegun Mimiko with millions of pounds in cash during the legal battle to reclaim his mandate after the 2007 election in the state.

When I read this.. All I saw was this..
[img]http://yemitom.files./2011/10/a-man-greeting-a-yoruba-king-oba1.jpg[/img]

Ndi 'beni beni' ga egbu mmadu le... lol

6 Likes

Re: I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu by MadCow1: 8:29am On Oct 16, 2012

When I read this.. All I saw was this..
[img]http://yemitom.files./2011/10/a-man-greeting-a-yoruba-king-oba1.jpg[/img]

Ndi 'beni beni' ga egbu mmadu le... lol
Re: I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu by Arobam: 8:30am On Oct 16, 2012
Tinubu is obviously on a heavy dose of hallucinogens. Sad
Re: I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu by venorite(m): 8:31am On Oct 16, 2012
where did he get millions of pounds sterlings...tax payers money....God help us all lipsrsealed
Re: I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu by acidtalk: 8:32am On Oct 16, 2012
Yes Mimiko is a traitor but he wishes his citzens good and want his state to be better off.

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, you are a bloody criminal that is just fighting for another revenue of several hundreds of millions fron Ondo state coffers, that Mimiko refused you and it is really killing you.

I pity all those ACN governed states, because just like Lagos, their governors only start to show the real DEMON in them when they get a 2nd term.

Fashola that people thought was the hope of Lagos has now turn to the people's greatest nightmare.

This Tinubu will definitely soon find his match and get crushed real soon. He has gotten to the pick of his bullying.

3 Likes

Re: I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu by RickyRoss1(m): 8:33am On Oct 16, 2012
bbpreye.:
And how will this affect the price of garrrri in the market?

Are you not tired of this your garrrri nonsense? People are talking about important things and all you do is complain about the price of garrri? Is nairaland your LGA or state government house where you are supposed to go and make official complains? What are you doing on your own to bring down the price of this item you so much love? The solution is for all you garrri lovers to start planting the crop, go back to the farm and stop depending on market women to supply you garrri, you can produce enough and even sell some in the market, its an easy thing to do.

be informed too much of garrri, yam, rice etc causes diabetes, so learn to eat more fruits and leave garrri alone unless you want to die young. I expect your garrrri association members to massively attack me but that doesnt change the fact it is very wrong the way you guys turn every post to child's play. They killed 4 young boys in Alluu and some stupid fools starts asking how it is going to affect the price of garrrri? A plane crashes in Lagos and still a fool is asking how it is going to going to affect the price of garrri? WHEN WILL THIS NONSENSE STOP?

10 Likes

Re: I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 16, 2012
Tinubu doesn't know he is too old for all dis bragging. What did he do in lagos state. You spent £1m to rig election and u are happy, while millions are hungry no hospitals for children

1 Like

Re: I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 16, 2012
They now count money in British Pounds no more Naira! This is serious! undecided

1 Like

Re: I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu by kaze4blues(m): 8:34am On Oct 16, 2012
SMH for mimiko....really want acn to win ondo state
Re: I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu by Basic(m): 8:35am On Oct 16, 2012
So what exactly does Tinubu want now? That Mimiko returns all the money?

1 Like

Re: I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 16, 2012
Ah? British Pounds?
Re: I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu by valdubem(m): 8:35am On Oct 16, 2012
dis Yoruba pple sef, all of them na thieves!

3 Likes

Re: I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu by Fufuky: 8:35am On Oct 16, 2012
it is time for mimiko to go, no room for deceit govt. You can only deceive people once d truth has come.
Re: I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu by DICKtator: 8:36am On Oct 16, 2012
Demdem: This isnt new. Otedollar, Dangote and their kind gave Billions during the Retardeen's election and the Retardeen remains loyal to them till date even more than the populace.
Anyway, its left for Ondo people to decide who they want between Mimiko and Akeredolu. The are wise enough to decide. i wish them the best.

Demdem and "Retardeen". Now any time i see GEJ or his name or hear him speak,my subconscious sees the word "Retardeen"
grin grin grin grin
Re: I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu by bknight: 8:37am On Oct 16, 2012
Very loose talk.

I think tinubu shld act like an elder statesman. talking in this manner will make him loose more respect.

1 Like

Re: I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu by Demdem(m): 8:40am On Oct 16, 2012
DICKtator:

Demdem and "Retardeen". Now any time i see GEJ or his name or hear him speak,my subconscious sees the word "Retardeen"
grin grin grin grin

That isnt my fault. its just that the "Retardeenic" traits are in-bedded in him. Not difficult to spot at all.
Re: I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 16, 2012
Demdem:
Thank you very much for this comment! That's all I want to hear. Let Ondo people vote wisely.
Re: I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu by Demdem(m): 8:41am On Oct 16, 2012
bknight: Very loose talk.

I think tinubu shld act like an elder statesman. talking in this manner will make him loose more respect.

I disagree. Politics in Nigeria today cost Money and thats the plain truth. Not just any money but real Money. So unfortunate but thats the truth.

1 Like

Re: I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu by DICKtator: 8:42am On Oct 16, 2012
Gave Pound Sterling to Mimiko? now like Shylock, "Thenubu" demands his POUND of flesh!!!!!
Spent million of pound sterling? What an "influx" of mama charlie @ the expense of the naira!!. Good leader indeed!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 16, 2012
And he has the gut to tell how he is spending our stolen money...EWU
Re: I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu by cheleku(m): 8:44am On Oct 16, 2012
where did he (Tinubu) get the millions of pounds from? I suspect he stole money from lagos state coffers to further his political interest, which unfortunately backfired. And he's now rattling like a baby that has just been weaned off breast milk.
Re: I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu by Demdem(m): 8:46am On Oct 16, 2012
CHESSBOARD: And he has the gut to tell how he is spending our stolen money...EWU

And what is the Killer party (Number 1 enemy) controlled security agents doing? why is he not in jail if this is so the way Bode "Tewonde" George was ushered to kirikiri. Are u aware that this man is currently the most investigated politician we have in the country today who hasnt absconded from the country and yet he has no immunity.
Re: I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu by greaterlove(m): 8:46am On Oct 16, 2012
if tinubu is claiming he gave mimiko millions of pounds let him show evidence of transactions, at least the money must have been transfered or paid somehow or did he pay cash? its only money you gave cash that you can hardly trace but hardly will any lawyer collect that sum of money in cash in the UK. Tinubu is just entangling himself more, its just that we dont take things seriously in this country, let him say such in the UK without proof of transactions and see if the police wont be on his tail.

3 Likes

Re: I Spent Millions Of Pound On Mimiko - Tinubu by kabiesy: 8:47am On Oct 16, 2012
dis Yoruba pple sef, all of them na thieves!

You and your tribes are thieves, I don't blame u I blame those who do not value what they av God bless yoruba with human resources but jealous made them ignore their people are you talking in Business,Politics,academic,religion,entertainment,culture and many like that some yoruba have no respect for their leaders for example look at IBB today their people still loyal to him compare to OBJ and again if Igbo can produce people like OBJ,Gani,Fela,Awo,Abiola,Adenuga,Adeboye,T.b .Joshua,Oyedepo,Tinubu,Ajasin,Akande lo bee their tribe would not where they are today,So stop go against Yoruba leader.

Eight years ago Tinubu poss like Awolowo in his mind following Awolowo indelible footprint that remain on sand of time but today its obvious to many of you and why can you leave him for us in Ondo State every good thing is money and favor from God since the beginning of the World.

ASIWAJU MAJOLO A N WEHIN E
Baba re-invest jare Aketi would not betray you lae lae heheheeeeeee

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Dickson, Adeboye, Ayokunle At Dedication Of Bayelsa Ecumenical Centre / Okunbo, Oshiomhole Planning To Disrupt Edo Governorship Election - Obaseki / EFCC Probes Akpabio, Pondie Over Diversion Of Public Funds Allegations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.