Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Fashola Orders Scrapping Of Laspotech’s Satellite Campuses - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fashola Orders Scrapping Of Laspotech’s Satellite Campuses (8725 Views)

Statistics Of Laspotech 2015 Utme Candidates / Lecturers Promise To End Sexual Harassment & Extortion Of Students On Campuses / LASPOTECH CHAT ROOM (2) (3) (4)

Re: Fashola Orders Scrapping Of Laspotech’s Satellite Campuses by dont8(m): 3:49pm On Oct 16, 2012
Re: Fashola Orders Scrapping Of Laspotech’s Satellite Campuses by Anvaller: 3:52pm On Oct 16, 2012
alex406: I dont think this development will go down well with so many people especially the ones that are running PT programmes and the ones living very far from the school main campus. Some measures should be taken to reduce the stress this will cause the students. Between what happens to the students already on these satellite campuses?

How is BETWEEN grammatically relevant there? u are confusing the abbreviation "btw" for between I guess. Well if I am right, BTW abbreviates "By The Way" that is what it should mean at least within the context of ur post.
Re: Fashola Orders Scrapping Of Laspotech’s Satellite Campuses by opokonwa(m): 3:53pm On Oct 16, 2012
Schools have become nothing but money-making ventures. They deliver little but milk gullible students dry.

I should be opening one too.
Re: Fashola Orders Scrapping Of Laspotech’s Satellite Campuses by kennytidistar(m): 3:58pm On Oct 16, 2012
[Rich Dad]LASU External systems was closed, so should Laspotech's.

the next step is to increase the tuition fee to #1,000,000 like he did in LASU.

Re: Fashola Orders Scrapping Of Laspotech’s Satellite Campuses by dont8(m): 3:59pm On Oct 16, 2012
This is not a policy of Lagos State Goverment, but that of NBTE. But I think they should phase it out gradually, so as not to affect the students running the programmes therein, just imagine wasted effort and fund they've invested.
Chanchit: This Fashola is nothing but bad news. With this his actions, he will just make ACN loose some states in SW. Cos I'm not even sure I can vote for ACN again.
Re: Fashola Orders Scrapping Of Laspotech’s Satellite Campuses by cr8tf(m): 4:22pm On Oct 16, 2012
It may be a good decision though,but truth be told most of the so-called full-time students are in no way better of.The educational system has not created any meaningful impact on the Nigerian economy and nation in general.Multi-nationals,when they recruit Nigerian graduates most of the time give them additional training because they cannot match global standards, yet they are from our best universities;some of them first class graduates.

It is true that they are a myriad of irregularities going on in the satellite campuses,that is not to say that scrapping provides the solution.The nadir of the nation's economic woes is the unproductive nature of her teeming youth,chunk of 'graduates' leave school every year yet are 'not employable'.......are they from satellite campuses?

Multi-campus system of learning is a global practice,all the government needs to do is streamline,regulate,co-ordinate and provide a structure that would spur the student to be innovative and visionary.The government can always go ahead and scrap external campuses,mind you the creative mind cannot be strangulated!
Re: Fashola Orders Scrapping Of Laspotech’s Satellite Campuses by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 16, 2012
I though satellite campus are for those people who can't commute to the original campus.. why are they banning is it not the same university.. except they don't have money to fund the satellite campus.
Re: Fashola Orders Scrapping Of Laspotech’s Satellite Campuses by Shadydamsel(f): 5:22pm On Oct 16, 2012
udemzy_udex: GOD GO DEY PUNISH THAT YEYE MAN...

WETIN HIM DEY FEEL LIKE?
2ru talk dear, I can c u are a part of d pple commenting sense in dis forum. I wonder Y our so called government are so selfish, they don't even want to consider d poor 4 ones in their live cuz almost 90 percent of students running a part time program are working and datz where they get money to sponsor themselve. Closing it won;t help anytin cuz even some full time student are still buying certificate
Re: Fashola Orders Scrapping Of Laspotech’s Satellite Campuses by Sleek05(f): 6:16pm On Oct 16, 2012
kaylight12: Am a graduate of laspotech F/T and privilege to be the president of my dept which gives me the opportunity to knw hw d sch is run,i was made to understand dat d state govt did nt adequately finance d sch and dis has result to increasement in sch fees,creation of annexses .Though i will support d closure of all these annexses if govt will increase funding of d sch for higher and qualitative education.

Mr president, do sumthn abt dis ur grammar cuz dis worsens d schl's reputation.
Re: Fashola Orders Scrapping Of Laspotech’s Satellite Campuses by Onaolamipo: 6:36pm On Oct 16, 2012
[quote author=Sleek05]

Mr president, do sumthn abt dis ur grammar cuz dis worsens d schl's reputation.[/quote ] well assessed. But u need 2 correct him
Re: Fashola Orders Scrapping Of Laspotech’s Satellite Campuses by remzytimer: 6:37pm On Oct 16, 2012
Our schools should remember dt their objectives are not to generate revenue but to provide Quality education, ask them' what are they using the revenue they are generating for? It is the responsibility of govt. to finance its education adequately, so' this should be made known to Fashola and his predecessor, u can ask them 'how much allocation they've made for these institutions in d preceding years... Let us do things the way they ought to be done and let everyone accept his/her responsibilities.
Re: Fashola Orders Scrapping Of Laspotech’s Satellite Campuses by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 16, 2012
Sleek05:

You finish our dear mr president like dat o, u dunno maybe he is related to Dame Patience Jonathan o...
Re: Fashola Orders Scrapping Of Laspotech’s Satellite Campuses by Jephyard(m): 7:29pm On Oct 16, 2012
Scrapping of the satelite campus not a good idea for laspotect. Govt is joking or the body. Laspotech is an off campus school or them no gt hostel for d skool even class or dept them still dey share am among themselves not only that there was no money for them to run their s.u.g week, sumtime student pay or contribute or pay a levy for d dvelopment of d skool n govt allocation too small to run d skool. Abeg not laspotech xcept them go increase skool fee by 180%. From 1st hand source
Re: Fashola Orders Scrapping Of Laspotech’s Satellite Campuses by mbhs139(m): 8:29pm On Oct 16, 2012
Chanchit: This Fashola is nothing but bad news. With this his actions, he will just make ACN loose some states in SW. Cos I'm not even sure I can vote for ACN again.

Na you MUMU pass for this world. Craze person
Re: Fashola Orders Scrapping Of Laspotech’s Satellite Campuses by solelymade: 10:20pm On Oct 16, 2012
In as much as I did pt @ Surulere annex of Laspotech b4 securing admission into uni, I subscribe to scrapping the program wholeheartedly. Men, in a class of about 250 Accounting students, only 20 students will make my merit list. Some can't read and write and u wonder if some had primary education. The funny stuff is that this category of students account 4 80 percent of the school's populace. A lot of fraudulent activities happen with reckless abandon coupled with anti-social acts being perpetuated by staffs and students. I can't remember if I read 4 d exams in which i passed very well. Very few guys actually went through the learning process. Part-time should be done on main campus to ensure learning.
Re: Fashola Orders Scrapping Of Laspotech’s Satellite Campuses by Tattooboy: 6:31am On Oct 17, 2012
strangest: Why collect money for fees from the students in the first place, if they know that they are going to close the schools later.. They should pay back whatever amount that they collected from each student.. Otherwise I will only see the government as a fraudulent one
you mean the non-refundable fee?

Re: Fashola Orders Scrapping Of Laspotech’s Satellite Campuses by kemoolala: 10:45am On Oct 17, 2012
udemzy_udex: GOD GO DEY PUNISH THAT YEYE MAN...

WETIN HIM DEY FEEL LIKE?

who is dat man ur referring to? i hope is not fashola? and if he is the one, its a lie God no dey do partial
Re: Fashola Orders Scrapping Of Laspotech’s Satellite Campuses by GeorgeD1(m): 2:40pm On Oct 17, 2012
these so called satellite campuses are nothing but a milking ground for unscrupulous third-rate lecturers!
Re: Fashola Orders Scrapping Of Laspotech’s Satellite Campuses by EreluY(f): 8:00pm On Oct 17, 2012
kaylight12: Am a graduate of laspotech F/T and privilege to be the president of my dept which gives me the opportunity to knw hw d sch is run,i was made to understand dat d state govt did nt adequately finance d sch and dis has result to increasement in sch fees,creation of annexses .Though i will support d closure of all these annexses if govt will increase funding of d sch for higher and qualitative education.

IS CREDIT IN GCSE ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIRED FOR ENTRY INTO THIS INSTITUTION?
Re: Fashola Orders Scrapping Of Laspotech’s Satellite Campuses by SELFWORTH: 8:05pm On Oct 17, 2012
GboyegaD: Is this how to run government? I wonder if Nigeria can ever get better with this kind of a leader.
If the program was initally approved by the regulating body and the board, then there should be some better ways to go about it. i truly do not support all these satelite campus program however, I would have expected him to stop them from admiting new student and notifying the general public that henceforth, people should desist from applying to satelite campus program as the government is about putting an end to satelite campuses. He should consider the value of time and money the students in those program has invested and he shouldn't because of his highhandedness destroy the future of our youths.

Fashola is known for taking rash decisions without thinking about the effect on ordinary tax paying citizens. He has made no plans on what will happen to all those who rely on these organisations for education, salary etc. He pulled down so many houses in Lagos with no provision on where the inhabitants should go under the pretence of alleviating flood. Some of those houses were built in the 70s before subsequent government built canals next to them through no fault of their own. What has happened since? Nothing!!! A little rain still causes so much flooding in many parts of Lagos and Ikorodu. The drainage in the city is still as bad as it was before he rendered so many people homeless. If this is how global nations like UK, USA run their countries all Nigerians including himself will not be desperate to emigrate and leave the shambles of Nigeria behind. Mr Destroyer. He destroys things just to make a name for himself because like all politicians he is too rich to be affected by the aftermath of his shambolic backward looking policies.
Re: Fashola Orders Scrapping Of Laspotech’s Satellite Campuses by SELFWORTH: 8:10pm On Oct 17, 2012
Tattooboy: you mean the non-refundable fee?
They need to collect the money to pay for their own children to study abroad. This people have no idea on how to run a small buka let alone a city as big as Lagos. Yet people vote them in year after year so they can steal more and more money.They bring in policies overnight. No consultation. No provisions. No strategy. No planning whatsover. No wonder Nigeria is a living hell!!!
Re: Fashola Orders Scrapping Of Laspotech’s Satellite Campuses by kennytidistar(m): 8:39pm On Oct 17, 2012
[Sleek05]

MUST YOU CONSULT DICTIONARY BEFORE YOU COMMENT ON NAIRALAND? WHEN DID NAIRALAND BECOME A PRE-REQUISITE TO OBTAIN A PhD degree. nonsense. i dont care
Re: Fashola Orders Scrapping Of Laspotech’s Satellite Campuses by GeorgeD1(m): 1:08pm On Oct 19, 2012
SELFWORTH:

Fashola is known for taking rash decisions without thinking about the effect on ordinary tax paying citizens. He has made no plans on what will happen to all those who rely on these organisations for education, salary etc. He pulled down so many houses in Lagos with no provision on where the inhabitants should go under the pretence of alleviating flood. Some of those houses were built in the 70s before subsequent government built canals next to them through no fault of their own. What has happened since? Nothing!!! A little rain still causes so much flooding in many parts of Lagos and Ikorodu. The drainage in the city is still as bad as it was before he rendered so many people homeless. If this is how global nations like UK, USA run their countries all Nigerians including himself will not be desperate to emigrate and leave the shambles of Nigeria behind. Mr Destroyer. He destroys things just to make a name for himself because like all politicians he is too rich to be affected by the aftermath of his shambolic backward looking policies.

you obviously have a score to settle with baba fash, as i see it wink
Re: Fashola Orders Scrapping Of Laspotech’s Satellite Campuses by SELFWORTH: 5:57pm On Oct 19, 2012
It's not about scores but accountability . Every government should be accountable for its actions. Nigeria lacks this . This is what he should expect if he is running a city. After all , this is not his father business we are talking about .... Shame you dont understand ....
Re: Fashola Orders Scrapping Of Laspotech’s Satellite Campuses by GboyegaD(m): 8:22pm On Oct 20, 2012
SELFWORTH: It's not about scores but accountability . Every government should be accountable for its actions. Nigeria lacks this . This is what he should expect if he is running a city. After all , this is not his father business we are talking about .... Shame you dont understand ....

The challenge actually is that many people do not have understanding and so they do not know how government is run. Fashola is running the government the way he likes and because of our oppressive mindset, many feel it is not their business either because they are not directly affected or because they feel they would benefit from his highhandedness. One thing I am always happy with is that life in itself has a way of sorting everyone.
Re: Fashola Orders Scrapping Of Laspotech’s Satellite Campuses by GboyegaD(m): 8:26pm On Oct 20, 2012
George_D: these so called satellite campuses are nothing but a milking ground for unscrupulous third-rate lecturers!

But is it the fault of the students or the government and regulating bodies that approved them? There are better ways to ensure a win-win situation.
Re: Fashola Orders Scrapping Of Laspotech’s Satellite Campuses by GeorgeD1(m): 8:39am On Oct 24, 2012
GboyegaD:

But is it the fault of the students or the government and regulating bodies that approved them? There are better ways to ensure a win-win situation.

what are some of the 'better ways'?

FANIMOROUS: A Word Coined From Yoruba Language Added To The Dictionary / Help An Aspiring Medical Student / UNILAG Student Flaunts Her Sexy Body In New Photos

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50