Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,954 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery (25706 Views)

Compilation Of The Funniest, Weirdest Reasons Nigerian Couples Divorce / Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? / How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by atuagbo: 10:13pm On Oct 17, 2012
Did you say anything funny during labor and delivery? What did you say?

1 Like

Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by dominique(f): 11:32am On Oct 18, 2012
Who remembers stuff like that. Most of the talk is gibberish anyways.
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by 234GT(m): 6:28pm On Oct 20, 2012
Why should you say funny things? Methinks labour is a simple thing. Just go in and drop the baby.

4 Likes

Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by Ariyke: 6:35pm On Oct 20, 2012
234GT: Why should you say funny things? Methinks labour is a simple thing. Just go in and drop the baby.
Easier said than done bt wait are u male or female if male am nt surprised bt if female he go soon reach ur turn. undecided

9 Likes

Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by tasandra: 6:55pm On Oct 20, 2012
lol @ e go soon reach ur turn grin

3 Likes

Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by 234GT(m): 11:39pm On Oct 20, 2012
Ariyke: Easier said than done bt wait are u male or female if male am nt surprised bt if female he go soon reach ur turn. undecided
I am a guy, but I was just playing the devil's advocate. I give kudos to you ladies. Carrying a pregnancy and delivering the baby cant be a child's play. A whole human being inside me! I hail women o.

2 Likes

Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by LadyAdorable: 6:39am On Oct 21, 2012
I speak as a witness, i was actually in d labour room with my elder sister and her hubby too........
The nurses advised one of us should rub her waist wheneva d contractions came but as a baby my sis was she wanted us to rub her waste and feet, so i took to rubn d waste while the hubby rubbed d feet. So along the line, what i heard was a big Kpa! (punch) on the hubbys cheek; RUb my feet!

32 Likes

Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by UmericanGirl(f): 6:40am On Oct 21, 2012
Nothing cry cry cry cry
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by IfeLuvely: 11:47am On Oct 21, 2012
After my baby had already arrived,the midwife took the gas n air off me, n i said to her can i have a bit more please, she was like but your baby is already out, I said I dont care, gas n air makes me feel good! I only had gas n air no other thing, n that stuff was gooooooooooood, i wish i cud have it allday everyday! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by Nobody: 12:27am On Oct 22, 2012
When I was having my first baby, I was more worried about my husband than I was about myself, he was hysterical, i was calm, and he kept getting worked up because I was so calm, lol, cultural differences, I kept saying "sweety, calm down" and he was saying "dont tell me to be calm". grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, reverse labour. My family members teased him to no end, crying louder than the bereaved

14 Likes

Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by greatgod2012(f): 9:14am On Oct 22, 2012
When i had my 1st baby was d only time i said something funny, i said "if this is what mother pass thru during labour, then,any child who is rude to his/her mother should be crucified upside down"
When i was done, come and see laugh, eehn was wondering if i could say such horrible thing. But 4 d subsequent labours, experience helped, i was just calling/saying "JESUS! JEESUS! HELP ME OH JESUS!

8 Likes

Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by rhexpheonix(m): 12:59pm On Oct 22, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]i guess sum ladies will call out dier husby name so loud n say "rex na u ooooooooooooo"hmmmmmmmmmmm

2 Likes

Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by safarigirl(f): 1:00pm On Oct 22, 2012
I remember when my aunt was in labour the first time, her hubby was late and she said "Where is that useless man? He's the one that put me in this condition"

And when he got there and she was pushing, she cried out, "I will not do it again o, please, after this one, I will not do it again" and hubby laughed and replied, "No problem, we won't do it again"

35 Likes

Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by chelseabmw(m): 1:02pm On Oct 22, 2012
Subscribing grin

1 Like

Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by disloman(m): 1:04pm On Oct 22, 2012
234GT: Why should you say funny things? Methinks labour is a simple thing. Just go in and drop the baby.
4 ur mind
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by Francheezy(m): 1:09pm On Oct 22, 2012
s0 many threads ab0uT lab0ur,
Wetin dey aPPun seF
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by Coldfeet(f): 1:10pm On Oct 22, 2012
I was asking God to forgive me that I will never do it again! grin grin because the pain was SOOO terrible that I thought God was punishing me for getting pregnant out of wedlock! Well even after 3 more births the pain seems to be the same undecided undecided undecided and all I say now is THANK YOU JESUS!!!! THANK YOU JESUS!!!! OH JESUS!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 22, 2012
Ok, do you people enjoy talking about labor? so many threads are being opened about the same thing lately.
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by tinuolababy(f): 1:15pm On Oct 22, 2012
Not yet my turn smiley
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by vislabraye(m): 1:15pm On Oct 22, 2012
What I've heard is usually what they say 9months before the D-day.cheesy
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by Smartiegurl(f): 1:20pm On Oct 22, 2012
Is nt alwaz funny whn in labor buh few days afta delivery u wil stat hearin stories of wat u said 4rm either ur sista or ur fwend or ur mother inlaw who waz dia durin d labor. . . . . . Nd u wil neva belv dia stories.
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 22, 2012
Ariyke: Easier said than done bt wait are u male or female if male am nt surprised bt if female he go soon reach ur turn.
234GT: I am a guy, but I was just playing the devil's advocate. I give kudos to you ladies. Carrying a pregnancy and delivering the baby cant be a child's play. A whole human being inside me! I hail women o.

Hmm.... I am a guy and my elder sister was just delivered of a baby last week... I was by the labour room then... Kai... I give 28 Gbosa to you ladies... But it questions me a lot why some of you ladies are just like dirt around guys and at the end go thru such... It will be well with all mothers and may God allow them reap the fruit of labour... BTW I wont say all I heard ... hehehehehe

6 Likes

Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 22, 2012
234GT: I am a guy, but I was just playing the devil's advocate. I give kudos to you ladies. Carrying a pregnancy and delivering the baby cant be a child's play. A whole human being inside me! I hail women o.

I once delivered apkwu..

1 Like

Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by Valiantvaliant(m): 1:27pm On Oct 22, 2012
[s]Usually the same thing they say during ***[/s]
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by LailaIkeji1: 1:27pm On Oct 22, 2012
lol. for me, i kept on pleading wt my unborn baby to have mercy on me. we had already named him b4 he was born. so i kept on calling his name, begging him to take it easy wt me. laffssssssss. i conciously made efforts nt to swear or curse at my husband.

2 Likes

Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by freecocoa(f): 1:28pm On Oct 22, 2012
In our former house, a private hospital was our neighbor so we often overhear what goes down there like the cries when someone dies, the screams of joy after a safe delivery etc.
One early morning around 2 am or so, from my sleep I heard a woman yelling at the top of her voice, the shout was too much so many people woke up, she was saying " Mummy please forgive me for all I've done to you,is this what you went through? Chei chi mu o biko nu ooo" small time she will start again in a sing-like tone "Let that man not come near me o, I will kill him oo, he's a wicked man,look at what he's done to me, ewoo who sent me oo" etc, most of these she said in igbo, she kept shouting after taking few minutes breaks, mehn I had to go back to bed, in the morning we learnt she had twins.

16 Likes

Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by ayabunmi(f): 1:38pm On Oct 22, 2012
I remember i was whistling and the matron was making jest of me. I replied her in yoruba "E je n ma sufe ooooo" (allow me to whistle ooooo or let me just continue whistling).... funny memory. grin

2 Likes

Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by mafolayomi(f): 1:38pm On Oct 22, 2012
ledafaze:

Hmm.... I am a guy and my elder sister was just delivered of a baby last week... I was by the labour room then... Kai... I give 28 Gbosa to you ladies... But it questions me a lot why some of you ladies are just like dirt around guys and at the end go thru such... It will be well with all mothers and may God allow them reap the fruit of labour... BTW I wont said all I heard ... hehehehehe

amen
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 22, 2012
My neighbour who's a nurse once told me that one loud-mouthed Yoruba woman cursed her child(?) for bringing her so much pain during labour - Ko ni da fun iya e, iwoo omo buruku yi. That's what she shouted angrily at her child.
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by DeGenius3(m): 1:46pm On Oct 22, 2012
whether it's talking nonsense during labour or not, the

truth is giving birth to a baby isn't easy at all.

i really respect the ladies becos of this.
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by Ikamenze(m): 1:50pm On Oct 22, 2012
IfeLuvely: After my baby had already arrived,the midwife took the gas n air off me, n i said to her can i have a bit more please, she was like but your baby is already out, I said I dont care, gas n air makes me feel good! I only had gas n air no other thing, n that stuff was gooooooooooood, i wish i cud have it allday everyday! cheesy

Gas n Air.........are u normal?
Re: Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery by passionate88: 1:50pm On Oct 22, 2012
freecocoa: In our former house, a private hospital was our neighbor so we often overhear what goes down there like the cries when someone dies, the screams of joy after a safe delivery etc.
One early morning around 2 am or so, from my sleep I heard a woman yelling at the top of her voice, the shout was too much so many people woke up, she was saying " Mummy please forgive me for all I've done to you,is this what you went through? Chei chi mu o biko nu ooo" small time she will start again in a sing-like tone "Let that man not come near me o, I will kill him oo, he's a wicked man,look at what he's done to me, ewoo who sent me oo" etc, most of these she said in igbo, she kept shouting after taking few minutes breaks, mehn I had to go back to bed, in the morning we learnt she had twins.
my mum said Igbo women make lot's a noise during child birth.. Just like acn, they tend 2 over hype d pains... Kudos 2 all gud mothers out there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says / Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? / Pls Help, My Marriage Is Killing Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.