Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? (11101 Views)

Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. / Urgent Vacancy. I Just Applied And Thought To Share. Good Luck. / Addax Petroleum. Help!!! Is Dis A Scam Or What (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 19, 2012
I am a staunch member of Nairaland and I've been contributing to vital topics since I joined. Though dis is my second account with Nairaland and I opened it about 5 months ago, but my first account was opened over 2 yrs ago. I've bn contributing with my 1st account.

My primary purpose for joining is to secure a job, no matter the salary involved, as long as it caters for my needs; bathing/laundry soaps, toothpaste, clothes,recharge card, food, shelter, cutting my hair, etc.
I've never been lucky getting any, despite all my efforts. I read and contribute to topics that talks about; how people got their jobs and when, and I got to understand that some of these guys that got these jobs through Nairaland, joined about a month, 2 or 3 months ago!

I have a degree from a university here in Nigeria, with a good result(C.G.P.A: 4.02, I.e second class, upper division). I have been looking for a job for the past 3 years and I have written some job tests and attended some interviews;but all to no avail.
NSITF was one of them! I made it through the test process and after the interview, I heard nothing.

Many attimes I ask myself, could it be that I don't have luck? Is life all about luck or could it be a spiritual manipulation by the enemies?
Nairalanders, I call on you all, especially those in better places, to save my soul(S.O.S)
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by 234GT(m): 4:33pm On Oct 19, 2012
When your time comes, you will get a good job. I believe you know almost everything about jobsearch in the contemporary labour market. You just need perseverance. Keep trying and your time will come. Dont give up. That is the most important thing.

1 Like

Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 19, 2012
234GT: When your time comes, you will get a good job. I believe you know almost everything about jobsearch in the contemporary labour market. You just need perseverance. Keep trying and your time will come. Dont give up. That is the most important thing.

Thanks brov, I appreciate, bur u kw patience on its own is a Hardddd Work when its taking too long a time! 3 years bro, no be wasa o!
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by 234GT(m): 4:55pm On Oct 19, 2012
All.is.vanity:

Thanks brov, I appreciate, bur u kw patience on its own is a Hardddd Work when its taking too long a time! 3 years bro, no be wasa o!
Yes. I understand. I just got a job last month. I have not resumed self. Last month made it 2 years and 7 months that I finished my nysc. I had given up on my chances of getting a job.
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 19, 2012
234GT: Yes. I understand. I just got a job last month. I have not resumed self. Last month made it 2 years and 7 months that I finished my nysc. I had given up on my chances of getting a job.

9ce 1 bro! I thank God for you. Congratulations on your new job. I appreciate ur advice. Thanks
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by hassan123(m): 10:38pm On Oct 19, 2012
@ OP, Our success/prosperity is a function of both spiritual control (software) & physical effort (hardware). If d software is faulty, u may not detect easily, but u will need 2 seek a consultant. So, consult ur spiritual leaders or so. Cos most of our problems are spiritually-based. After consultation, if u are sure it is a spiritual problem, any physical effort without solving d spiritual is like pouring water into a basket or starting a computer that has faulty windows/memory. I am talking from experience. But if it is not a spiritual effort, u need to think of alternatives like being an ENTREPRENEUR rather than doing a one-way-thinking searching for unavailable jobs. Gud luck.

7 Likes

Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by 234GT(m): 11:16pm On Oct 19, 2012
Hello poster. I dont want you to believe you have any spiritual problem. In february, I failed an interview with a good coy. I was down for about three weeks. My father brought a pastor to pray for me. He told me I must come for deliverance in his church. I must spend three days in his church, after which I must leave Abeokuta, because I can never get a job if I dont leave Abeokuta. I told my father I was not going to the pastor for any deliverance. My father insisted I went to the pastor. He believed something was wrong with me spiritually because he expected me to get a job easily. I had a 2.1 and my final cgpa was 4.11, so he felt getting a job would be a stroll in the park for me. I am a christian, but I believe that what you believe about yourself will work for you. I did not go to the pastor, and I got a good job six months after. Free your mind and your job will come when you least expect. Keep trying.

5 Likes

Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Oct 19, 2012
My brother you have to be patient. The truth is that we are all acting a script. Just because someone got a job immediately after serving doesn't mean everyone would. One thing you must undersstand is that how your life would play has already been destined and there is nothing you can do to change it.So life is spiritual.Just be patient, infact the moment you stop worrying about it, the miracle will happen

4 Likes

Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 20, 2012
Thank you so much guys. 9ce words of encouragement! I appreciate
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Nextworldnx(m): 2:37pm On Oct 20, 2012
@OP, well three years is not beans o! but i will want you to still have some patience, and in due course your dream job will come. it will be of immensed benefit if you can calm down and go thru this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/994349/how-create-economic-success-out
it will do you a world of good and hopefully something positive will start from there. hold on tight brother.
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by hassan123(m): 11:35pm On Oct 20, 2012
I am not saying u must not be patient. What I am after is dat u need to know d root cause of d problem. Knowledge comes b/4 belief. After all, we make research in schools, y not make research abt urself 2 find out d reason?

2 Likes

Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 30, 2012
angry angry i advise you pray harder.Go for crusades,vigils etc.Also Work Smarter...get your hands to do something that can make you money no matter how little.If you are diligent in little things,God will entrust you with the very big ones...All the best men.Just believe you will write your own success story here like the others.Its only a matter of time.Remember,don't stay idle.put your hands to work,you might not know the channel the blessing will flow through but it will surely come.

1 Like

Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Afam4eva(m): 2:45pm On Oct 30, 2012
I think the purpose for forums like these is to meet people and help those that need help. If anyone is in any position to help this guy secure a job, biko oblige him soonest.

Thanks

15 Likes

Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Fhemmmy: 2:47pm On Oct 30, 2012
I am not sure if i read wrong, but you did not specify what you are good at, or what you studied?
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Afam4eva(m): 2:50pm On Oct 30, 2012
Fhemmmy: I am not sure if i read wrong, but you did not specify what you are good at, or what you studied?
I think he needs just about any white-collar job and not necessarily in his discipline.

Do you have any vacancy in Fhemmy Motors?
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Fhemmmy: 2:54pm On Oct 30, 2012
afam4eva:
I think he needs just about any white-collar job and not necessarily in his discipline.

Do you have any vacancy in Fhemmy Motors?

Just any white colar job is not a job, he has to be good at what he wanna get a job in, like someone that is not good with numbers and yet wanna get a job at the bank . . . Lol
There is always vacancy within Fhemmmy Motors, or in Fhemmmy Technology Market, but those are sales jobs that only get paid based on result, and i am not sure that is the kinda job, he is looking for . . . like we always looking for people to sell Blackberry Phones for us and make commission.
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Kesmakveli(m): 3:02pm On Oct 30, 2012
Helo op, how are yhu doin today?? Sori bout ur job ish;; I don't believe its a spiritual probs, I'll advise yhu to believe in God.. Prayer is the key! Just continue wit ur good faith. one day u wwil run bak here to express ur breaktru.. Bless u.

1 Like

Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by ayindetemi: 3:07pm On Oct 30, 2012
God will surely make a way where there seems to be no way n provide water in the dessert. Amen
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by charliekay: 3:16pm On Oct 30, 2012
U dnt have take evrytn dat happen 2u..2b spiritual..I tink is al abt time,patience,focus and determination..d good book said dat "He maketh all things beautiful in his time..I believe 1day u wil get a gud job..me 2am searchin but I hv a gud mindset..I will get a good job..
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by lorenzos1: 3:18pm On Oct 30, 2012
I actually finished uni 3yrs ago but I got my Job after 9 months of searching since the Job I won't lie to you my life has changed for the better..- I really cant imaginee howw depressing it can be..cos u finisshed with a very good grade..I waant us to look at the problems from several angles cos wit ur Gp u shld av a good Jobb by now even by the nigerian unemployment standard...

1: How Often do youu get called for aptitude test when you apply? If companies hardly call you for test then that means there could be a problem with your CV and cover letter you could ask people around you for help or get a book that guides on writing CVs and attending interviews..

2: When you write tests how often do you pass: Most tests require speed and accuracy,if u av not been passing much then that means you havnt been preparing hard enough..u should read extensively brush up your vocabulary,study ur gmat even though u avnt been invited for any tests..u can't afford to miss any opportunity now..make sure u pass all the tests you write..Do your homework...!

3: prepare well for interviews,read about the company,get to know their vision,mission,core values,exude confidence,don't be jittery,dress well..u could also get books that wld aid ur interview preparation...

4: Talk to people, get refferals,let people know u ar still searching and that you need help,tell people in your church and in any gathering you find yourself,builld a network of referals,once u apply to a coy try to find a link to someone who can assit u in making sure u ar called for test,once u pass try to get an internal link in d coy make sure u get d interview..don't relent on personal effort and merit alone..u can never rule out connection(man know man) in naija..!

5: Pray..More than ever now is the time for you to be close to God,stay away from sin,worship God in true wholeheartedly..worship him not bbecos of wot u ar expecting from him but because He is your God,fast,do personal nite vigils,observe quite time,meditate on his word day and night..It would only be a matter of time before you would give your testimony..!

6: And please 3yrs no b joke..Find something else to do,learn something,tailoring,barbing,photography,learn a skill...who knows..Gods plan for you..Make the best use of your time..I wish u the best in your search..!

7 Likes

Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by tobeorji: 3:24pm On Oct 30, 2012
My brother,is not a spiritual problem. The bible said something striking, that when the cloud is full of rain it will empty it self.Continue in your prayer God is busy working out more better things for you than you can ever imagine in your wides world. Am a living testimony of what am telling you today
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by SlyIg(f): 3:31pm On Oct 30, 2012
Seek spiritual help and you ll soon have your testimony. It must be the work of the evil one to frustrate you. Im just back from the church now and i heard a testimony of a 8years old graduate of marine engr who was wretched and frustrated by d evil ones in life after graduation but God visited him thru my pastor. You need to see him today! Praise the Lord! My brother,your testimony will be the next.
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by a1solution: 3:31pm On Oct 30, 2012
All.is.vanity:
I am a staunch member of Nairaland and I've been contributing to vital topics since I joined. Though dis is my second account with Nairaland and I opened it about 5 months ago, but my first account was opened over 2 yrs ago. I've bn contributing with my 1st account.

My primary purpose for joining is to secure a job, no matter the salary involved, as long as it caters for my needs; bathing/laundry soaps, toothpaste, clothes,recharge card, food, shelter, cutting my hair, etc.
I've never been lucky getting any, despite all my efforts. I read and contribute to topics that talks about; how people got their jobs and when, and I got to understand that some of these guys that got these jobs through Nairaland, joined about a month, 2 or 3 months ago!

I have a degree from a university here in Nigeria, with a good result(C.G.P.A: 4.02, I.e second class, upper division). I have been looking for a job for the past 3 years and I have written some job tests and attended some interviews;but all to no avail.
NSITF was one of them! I made it through the test process and after the interview, I heard nothing.

Many attimes I ask myself, could it be that I don't have luck? Is life all about luck or could it be a spiritual manipulation by the enemies?
Nairalanders, I call on you all, especially those in better places, to save my soul(S.O.S)
Op, Visit www.nairaday.com they can help. When you sign up in the site drop your request they would help you. They have been helping thousands of people.

1 Like

Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 30, 2012
intbizoi My brother you have to be patient. The truth is that we are all acting a script. Just because someone got a job immediately after serving doesn't mean everyone would. One thing you must undersstand is that how your life would play has already been destined and there is nothing you can do to change it.So life is spiritual.Just be patient, infact the moment you stop worrying about it, the miracle will happen

Here comes the dreamkillers i detest having anything to do with when issues like this are raised. Whoever told u that God destined our lives to a certain course that cannot be changed by us no matter how hard we try? And to think that that same God turns and demands account of how we lead the same life he has incorigibly programmed for us is confusing to contemplate. My friend God created us a free moral agents as evidenced in the episode in the garden of eden where Eve made wrong use of this gift (free liberty; which gives us the ability to make choices in life). If you doubt this, i invite you to stop making choices and taking decisions as God has already programmed where you life is heading to (according to your submission) and see how well things will go for you. NB: Pls when issues like these are being discussed, dont give deceptive advices as you just did cos it has the potential of marring/making the desperate poster!

@ Poster, nothing is wrong with you. Maybe you have to step up your game. By that i mean look inward and see wether you have any potential that could translate into money, take up any job at all no matter how meagre the income and inbibe all the neccessary positive attitudes that draws people to you(never look down on the days of humble begining), Stop seeing your result as the only means of your survival go out there and acquire a skill.
I, as someone already in the workforce will look out for opportunities as they come for you. You may also do well to let us know your field of study. I wish you the best as you work harder to grab your future by the hand!

2 Likes

Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by ilenaira: 3:44pm On Oct 30, 2012
234GT: Hello poster. I dont want you to believe you have any spiritual problem. In february, I failed an interview with a good coy. I was down for about three weeks. My father brought a pastor to pray for me. He told me I must come for deliverance in his church. I must spend three days in his church, after which I must leave Abeokuta, because I can never get a job if I dont leave Abeokuta. I told my father I was not going to the pastor for any deliverance. My father insisted I went to the pastor. He believed something was wrong with me spiritually because he expected me to get a job easily. I had a 2.1 and my final cgpa was 4.11, so he felt getting a job would be a stroll in the park for me. I am a christian, but I believe that what you believe about yourself will work for you. I did not go to the pastor, and I got a good job six months after. Free yourmind and your job will come when you least expect. Keep trying.
Thank you ojare my brother/sister. Spiritual problems ko, swallowing of all manner of supersticious bollocks ni. @OP keep your head up. Keep trying.
Dont ignore the self-employed route
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by souleymon(m): 3:45pm On Oct 30, 2012
tobeorji: My brother,is not a spiritual problem. The bible said something striking, that when the cloud is full of rain it will empty it self.Continue in your prayer God is busy working out more better things for you than you can ever imagine in your wides world. Am a living testimony of what am telling you today

But you r not looking deeper into yourself
Are you Just wanting to work for someone or a company
Have you tot abt being your self boss,
Learn something , either online or offline

For me the decision to be my self boss after Graduation has being the best
thing to have happened to me, It took awhile- but i knew i would get there
I can tell you, i earn quite comfortably online even as Mech Engr Graduate
It didnt have to do with my Grade

1 Like

Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Leopantro: 3:46pm On Oct 30, 2012
desperate times call for desperate measures. here is what a friend of mine did to get a job.

he signed on to several job recruiting sites. for every vacancy post that he got he went online and search for all companies in the state that perform similar services. with very extensive research, he got as much information he could get on all those companies to the point that you could swear he worked for the company. he got the email addresses of these companies and sent them letters high various aspects of the companies and why it would be beneficial for them to employ him based on his qualities.
he got three offers in two weeks and started one without any official interview. this is someone who was jobless for two years. i know of two other guys that have done this and it worked for them.
apply yourself and don't follow the crowd. make yourself unique in what you do and things could work out for you.
i wish you all the best in your endevours

1 Like

Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Fhemmmy: 3:46pm On Oct 30, 2012
will also advice the OP to look into his resume (CV) to make sure it is attracting the employers.
Try and make sure that you are really ready for the interview, when you get one and then, Pray . . . All will be well.
Also, please try and get trained in some other stuff that might be valuable to make companies, like if you are in business line, learn a little more of computers, and that will make the company see a 2 Man in One in you . . .
How many companies do you apply to in one day?
What makes you to stand out among the rest? Good Luck
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by dammytosh: 3:47pm On Oct 30, 2012
All.is.vanity:

You dont have any spiritual problem. You need to sit down and be realistic.

1. What can you do ?
2. What is your area of specialization ?
3. What minimum amount can you turn around if some one decide to invest in you.

Forget about the 4point cgpa and continue to learn from your previous interview or Exam mistake.

Remember that life is a queue, your turn will come one day if you are patient and diligent.

I have seen things turn around for people. We have big boys now who once sold #1.00 ice water, soap, teach, carry load for people etc once in their lifetime. Your situation is better and very hopeful.

Send me a PM and let me know what you can do or offer different sections of the market and lets take it up from there.
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by cescky(m): 3:48pm On Oct 30, 2012
@ all is vanity
theres nothing like luck in life,everything functions by law.

search deep within urself am not saying there's anything wrong with u,(there may be some sort of fear,doubt, thoughts or ideas lodged within)what am saying is before anythinh happens on the outside,it needs to have happened within u.ie u need to have a mental equivalent of what U DESIRE first before it can EVER become a reality, tangible or physical conditions.everything tangible is from the intangible within
all things in life are unto us as we have belived, imagined,thought

NOTHING HAPPENS FROM WITHOUT, IT ALL BEGINS FROM WITH IN.

I HAVE A BOOK ON AMAZON ON THESE UR ISSUES

CHECK HERE
[url]anthonymbonu..com[/url]
send me ur email add ill send it to u for free smiley
God bless
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by afanda(m): 3:54pm On Oct 30, 2012
Take it easy bros. I was @ home for FOUR YEARS!!! Used the period to run my MBA. Afterwards i got three job offers. Now that is what the Lord can do to anybody @ his own time. BE PATIENT!!!

1 Like

Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by bellalove(f): 4:14pm On Oct 30, 2012
@Hassan123, ur so ryt my broda, notin happens physically witout 1st being settled in the spiritual realm(both good& bad) if u understand dis u will go far in life.......even in d bible d children of israel dnt go to battles witout askn d chief preist 2ask God weda they should go or not!

Askn for spiritual help does not mean 1 is cursed, its acknowledgn in a higher authority 2come& take control, that is y as human beings 1must believe in something& belong to atleast 1spiritual sect; be it a church, mosque or even a shrine(idol worshippers) abi u tink say people wey dey go der no believe say help dey der..........Go on ur knees, pray 2God and ask him 2open your eyes to what he want u 2become, becos atimes we just forge our own path witout asking from d Lord, thereby meeting stumbling blocks& getting frustrated, making us conclude that our case is different, dat God loves some people more than us or that we have bin forsaken, while we have not even ask him 'is dis your divine will 4me'

Askn God 2lead d way does not mean ur cursed my dear, it simply means 'Lord am inviting u 2come mk d road easier& more stress free, if prayer no gree u pray, go meet a spiritual leader, dat is y they r there, 2help us in spiritual matter(hardware must be perfect b4 u fix software). If u like quote bible phrases from now till 2enternity witout asking God 2b d driva of ur life, 1 will b like a car(no mata hw perfect it is) parked on d roadside witout fuel to move it. I pray next time u open a thread it will b to ask nairalander 2help u thank God for answered prayers.

N.B: somepeople have it easier dan others, just like david in the bible afta all his numerous atrocities God called him a man afta his own heart, meanwhile sm oda kings& prophets commited (permit me use d word 'lesser') atrocities& they got their judgement instantly.........so it is now, sm people pray once and all deir plea is heard, some oda gat to pray oooooooooooooooo b4 God harken 2deir plea(who r we mere mortals to ask him y)

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Categories Of Documents Required For The Npower Physical Verification Exercise / NESTOIL: 2018 Graduate Trainee Programme / Jumia Nigeria Job Recruitment (8 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.