Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? (11136 Views)

Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. / Urgent Vacancy. I Just Applied And Thought To Share. Good Luck. / Addax Petroleum. Help!!! Is Dis A Scam Or What (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by tonym1(m): 4:26pm On Oct 30, 2012
NEVER PUT YOURSELF DOWN, YOU WILL GET A JOB WHEN YOUR TIME ARRIVES.

WHAT KIND OF WORK ARE YOU LOOKING
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Morgan1092(m): 4:49pm On Oct 30, 2012
Hav u tried giving ur C.V a boost, or jst trying wit ur Degree experience from sch? Mayb u shld try n enroll in any Graduate Training Program dat relates 2ur field. U might b lucky 2 b retained afta d program. Good luck
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by zagoke: 4:51pm On Oct 30, 2012
hi,OP. what can of job are you looking for. what is your area of your discipline, or you can you send your CV to perrierltd@yahoo.com I am be able to help.
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by proudly9ja(m): 4:56pm On Oct 30, 2012
@Poster,
I don't have a job for you but like someone outlined, you need to check why you are not attracting employers. The first port of call is your CV. If you don't mind, I can help with this. Send me your resume and I can help edit. You may remove your name to remain anonymous.

Secondly, once you have a good CV, cross check your performance at interviews. Look through the internet. There are many sites that help with sample interview questions and answers.

May I also ask what you have been doing whilst looking for a job? If you haven't, may be you should start volunteering. I used to volunteer at a secondary school in Naija before service year. Whilst my intention was to work without pay, some parents appreciated my efforts and directed the PTA to pay me some little money at month end. Yours may not be at a school (if you don't like teaching), try walking into an organization that you feel you can add value to and offer your services. In fact, if you don't think this is extreme, look for a good reference (or surety) who can vouch for you, walk into a bank and tell the manager you don't mind working as a bulk cashier for free. Some of these banks hire ND grads and with your degree, you should be able to do the work. This is just an example, think of other options.
Only thing is, wherever you volunteer, try to make sure its close to where you live to save you cost of transport.

Finally, I believe by now, I wouldn't be the one to teach you patience but please, hang on and don't lose hope. Trust God and someday, you'ld look back at this experience and smile.

1 Like

Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 30, 2012
Please your course of study, and if possible brief me about some of your skills...probably I am looking at engineering- Mechanical or at worst Elect..do you fall within any of the aforementioned courses? If yes, where is your present location in Nigeria...finally, do not lose hope too soon okay? God is your strength and do try and join a strong Bible believing church, it helps...till I hear from you.
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 30, 2012
proudly9ja: @Poster,
I don't have a job for you but like someone outlined, you need to check why you are not attracting employers. The first port of call is your CV. If you don't mind, I can help with this. Send me your resume and I can help edit. You may remove your name to remain anonymous.

Secondly, once you have a good CV, cross check your performance at interviews. Look through the internet. There are many sites that help with sample interview questions and answers.

May I also ask what you have been doing whilst looking for a job? If you haven't, may be you should start volunteering. I used to volunteer at a secondary school in Naija before service year. Whilst my intention was to work without pay, some parents appreciated my efforts and directed the PTA to pay me some little money at month end. Yours may not be at a school (if you don't like teaching), try walking into an organization that you feel you can add value to and offer your services. In fact, if you don't think this is extreme, look for a good reference (or surety) who can vouch for you, walk into a bank and tell the manager you don't mind working as a bulk cashier for free. Some of these banks hire ND grads and with your degree, you should be able to do the work. This is just an example, think of other options.
Only thing is, wherever you volunteer, try to make sure its close to where you live to save you cost of transport.

Finally, I believe by now, I wouldn't be the one to teach you patience but please, hang on and don't lose hope. Trust God and someday, you'ld look back at this experience and smile.

My dear brother, I appreciate your advice to the op...but if we can face the reality, there is no enough jobs here in Nigeria to consume all the available applicants...just recently, I came across two different ladies, university graduates, who told me they wouldn't mind taking a 20k per month job...and as we speak, they were lucky somehow...so thats it my dear....Nigeria's economy is not friendly to the youths at all...I will also advice people to vie into self-employment, online businesses...I do them even though I am fully employed, but they provide me with passive income which everyone of us needs....

Whoever has help, should offer him....wishing him good luck soonest smiley
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 30, 2012
Fhemmmy: I am not sure if i read wrong, but you did not specify what you are good at, or what you studied?

I thank you so much for your concern. I studied Industrial chemistry and I can do any work, aside from professional jobs like accounting, auditing, civil engineering, litigation, etc. In addendum, afam4eva is right; any white-collar job would be nice. I'll adapt and learn fast.
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 30, 2012
lorenzos1: I actually finished uni 3yrs ago but I got my Job after 9 months of searching since the Job I won't lie to you my life has changed for the better..- I really cant imaginee howw depressing it can be..cos u finisshed with a very good grade..I waant us to look at the problems from several angles cos wit ur Gp u shld av a good Jobb by now even by the nigerian unemployment standard...

1: How Often do youu get called for aptitude test when you apply? If companies hardly call you for test then that means there could be a problem with your CV and cover letter you could ask people around you for help or get a book that guides on writing CVs and attending interviews..

2: When you write tests how often do you pass: Most tests require speed and accuracy,if u av not been passing much then that means you havnt been preparing hard enough..u should read extensively brush up your vocabulary,study ur gmat even though u avnt been invited for any tests..u can't afford to miss any opportunity now..make sure u pass all the tests you write..Do your homework...!

3: prepare well for interviews,read about the company,get to know their vision,mission,core values,exude confidence,don't be jittery,dress well..u could also get books that wld aid ur interview preparation...

4: Talk to people, get refferals,let people know u ar still searching and that you need help,tell people in your church and in any gathering you find yourself,builld a network of referals,once u apply to a coy try to find a link to someone who can assit u in making sure u ar called for test,once u pass try to get an internal link in d coy make sure u get d interview..don't relent on personal effort and merit alone..u can never rule out connection(man know man) in naija..!

5: Pray..More than ever now is the time for you to be close to God,stay away from sin,worship God in true wholeheartedly..worship him not bbecos of wot u ar expecting from him but because He is your God,fast,do personal nite vigils,observe quite time,meditate on his word day and night..It would only be a matter of time before you would give your testimony..!

6: And please 3yrs no b joke..Find something else to do,learn something,tailoring,barbing,photography,learn a skill...who knows..Gods plan for you..Make the best use of your time..I wish u the best in your search..!

If termed in %age, I would say 65%. I was part of the candidates that sat for NBPlc test, NNPC test(no news yet), NSITF(no news yet), Guinness online test, Heineken online test, Flour Mills, etc. I passed NNPC test and went for interview, I passed NSITF test and went for interview, I went for Glo's Interview, and I believe I performed well in all.
I also prepare very well for my interviews. I don't get nervous when I go for interviews and I dress corporate. I have also bn talking to people, if not I wouldn't be showing it here for all to see! I have bn talking to people, even in my church. My church is a catholic church and its very BIG. Though I have bn talking to people in societies(my church societies)
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 30, 2012
Ishsoph: intbizoi My brother you have to be patient. The truth is that we are all acting a script. Just because someone got a job immediately after serving doesn't mean everyone would. One thing you must undersstand is that how your life would play has already been destined and there is nothing you can do to change it.So life is spiritual.Just be patient, infact the moment you stop worrying about it, the miracle will happen

Here comes the dreamkillers i detest having anything to do with when issues like this are raised. Whoever told u that God destined our lives to a certain course that cannot be changed by us no matter how hard we try? And to think that that same God turns and demands account of how we lead the same life he has incorigibly programmed for us is confusing to contemplate. My friend God created us a free moral agents as evidenced in the episode in the garden of eden where Eve made wrong use of this gift (free liberty; which gives us the ability to make choices in life). If you doubt this, i invite you to stop making choices and taking decisions as God has already programmed where you life is heading to (according to your submission) and see how well things will go for you. NB: Pls when issues like these are being discussed, dont give deceptive advices as you just did cos it has the potential of marring/making the desperate poster!

@ Poster, nothing is wrong with you. Maybe you have to step up your game. By that i mean look inward and see wether you have any potential that could translate into money, take up any job at all no matter how meagre the income and inbibe all the neccessary positive attitudes that draws people to you(never look down on the days of humble begining), Stop seeing your result as the only means of your survival go out there and acquire a skill.
I, as someone already in the workforce will look out for opportunities as they come for you. You may also do well to let us know your field of study. I wish you the best as you work harder to grab your future by the hand!

Thank you so much for your advice. I appreciate. My field of study is Industrial chemistry
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 30, 2012
dammytosh:

You dont have any spiritual problem. You need to sit down and be realistic.

1. What can you do ?
2. What is your area of specialization ?
3. What minimum amount can you turn around if some one decide to invest in you.

Forget about the 4point cgpa and continue to learn from your previous interview or Exam mistake.

Remember that life is a queue, your turn will come one day if you are patient and diligent.

I have seen things turn around for people. We have big boys now who once sold #1.00 ice water, soap, teach, carry load for people etc once in their lifetime. Your situation is better and very hopeful.

Send me a PM and let me know what you can do or offer different sections of the market and lets take it up from there.

I can do any job apart from jobs that are for professionals like doctors, lawyers, engineers, etc. My area of specialization is Industrial chemistry. I am not much of a business person, but I wouldn't mind going into 1; say bar business. So if I have, say about 300k, I can start 1!
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 30, 2012
tony_m1: NEVER PUT YOURSELF DOWN, YOU WILL GET A JOB WHEN YOUR TIME ARRIVES.

WHAT KIND OF WORK ARE YOU LOOKING

Thanks bro. Any kind of graduate jobs, apart from dat of professionals!
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 30, 2012
zagoke: hi,OP. what can of job are you looking for. what is your area of your discipline, or you can you send your CV to perrierltd@yahoo.com I am be able to help.

Thanks bro. God bless you. I have sent my CV to ur email ad.
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 30, 2012
proudly9ja: @Poster,

Thank you brother. would love to send my CV for editing but I don't have ur email ad!
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 30, 2012
DailyNews: Please your course of study, and if possible brief me about some of your skills...probably I am looking at engineering- Mechanical or at worst Elect..do you fall within any of the aforementioned courses? If yes, where is your present location in Nigeria...finally, do not lose hope too soon okay? God is your strength and do try and join a strong Bible believing church, it helps...till I hear from you.

Course of study: Industrial chemistry
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 30, 2012
Oh my God! I didn't even kw my thread has been taken to the front page! Thank you so much mods! I say a big thank you to all that has contributed! God bless you all and crown all your efforts n endeavours in life with enormous success! I hope and pray this will lead to the job I seek! Shalom!!!
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by dnawah(m): 7:45pm On Oct 30, 2012
What u read in scool matters kwa.shine ur eyes o!there are a lot of scools around u.the manage am 1st.then take ur problem to GOD o!he did 4 me he can do it 4 u o!
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 30, 2012
All.is.vanity:

Course of study: Industrial chemistry

presently we need mech. eng n elect elects....will let u know of any opening for ind. chem...wishing good luck n dnt lose hope, u took a bold step...i commmend ur courage...gudnyt
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by epower: 9:14pm On Oct 30, 2012
All.is.vanity:
I can do any job apart from jobs that are for professionals like doctors, lawyers, engineers, etc. My area of specialization is Industrial chemistry. I am not much of a business person, but I wouldn't mind going into 1; say bar business. So if I have, say about 300k, I can start 1!

I know someone who can easily provide the N300K for you to start but he would like to be a partner and share in the profit. There has to be a properly drawn agreement by a solicitor/lawyer.

Interested? Reply to: gsuccess7@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by obisage(m): 9:42pm On Oct 30, 2012
my bro.... nothing is wrong. the only thing i urge u to do is to change ur orietation and go for plan B.
When i say change ur orietetion, I mean that you start seeing yourself as a job creator and not a job seeker.
Cos before u will get a job, there are two things that must happen. either that someone dies to create a space or someone just created a space that has not being existing be thinking and working hard.

You can start something small today, I am a living example, I.started very little, but becaus i have always hated being employed, today, i run a multimedia company worth hundreds of thousands.
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by mkoabiola: 10:27pm On Oct 30, 2012
Ds unemployment is a seriouS n critical problem for graduates.
Anyway ,my advice for any 1 is to find a means to create job instead of looking for unavailable jobs cos d govt is nothing zero wen it comes to unemployment.
Best of luck to all dose seeking for job.
But I want to ask ,can 300k start a bar bzness together with a shop.
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by obyrich(m): 11:54pm On Oct 30, 2012
DailyNews:

presently we need mech. eng n elect elects....will let u know of any opening for ind. chem...wishing good luck n dnt lose hope, u took a bold step...i commmend ur courage...gudnyt
Do u mind linking me up? I Studied ELECT/ELECT graduated with a CGPA of 4.35. I'm ready to take up any job that would enhance my career no matter the pay level.
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Nobody: 1:01am On Oct 31, 2012
Ishsoph: intbizoi My brother you have to be patient. The truth is that we are all acting a script. Just because someone got a job immediately after serving doesn't mean everyone would. One thing you must undersstand is that how your life would play has already been destined and there is nothing you can do to change it.So life is spiritual.Just be patient, infact the moment you stop worrying about it, the miracle will happen

Here comes the dreamkillers i detest having anything to do with when issues like this are raised. Whoever told u that God destined our lives to a certain course that cannot be changed by us no matter how hard we try? And to think that that same God turns and demands account of how we lead the same life he has incorigibly programmed for us is confusing to contemplate. My friend God created us a free moral agents as evidenced in the episode in the garden of eden where Eve made wrong use of this gift (free liberty; which gives us the ability to make choices in life). If you doubt this, i invite you to stop making choices and taking decisions as God has already programmed where you life is heading to (according to your submission) and see how well things will go for you. NB: Pls when issues like these are being discussed, dont give deceptive advices as you just did cos it has the potential of marring/making the desperate poster!

@ Poster, nothing is wrong with you. Maybe you have to step up your game. By that i mean look inward and see wether you have any potential that could translate into money, take up any job at all no matter how meagre the income and inbibe all the neccessary positive attitudes that draws people to you(never look down on the days of humble begining), Stop seeing your result as the only means of your survival go out there and acquire a skill.
I, as someone already in the workforce will look out for opportunities as they come for you. You may also do well to let us know your field of study. I wish you the best as you work harder to grab your future by the hand!

The same way am confused bro, the same way brother Job in the bible was confused. He couldn't imagine himself after serving God with His whole heart and living in absolute affluence met face to face with abject poverty and sorrow. Thats God for you, you cannot analyze His ways logically, thats why the Bible described Him as mysterious. My brother spiritual things are too deep to understand except The Holy Spirit explains it to you. For the OP it is not a matter of making all the effort in the world, afterall the Bible says it is not to the swift or him that runneth fast but is the Lord that showeth mercy. If your time to land a job has not come there is nothing you can do about it.If you like pray and fast, get all the degrees in the world. People with first class and all the degrees in the world are still stuck up in the labor market, then somebody who didn't finish secondary school would one day become the Governor and make policies that would affect all of us. Everybody has a will, a script or a written program on how he/she would live his/her life here on earth, even the choices you make are part of the will that have been written by God for you to follow. Thats why the prayer of every living being is that Lord no matter how I live my life on earth let my end be great(heaven). This is beacause God is interested in your end more than anything else.
Op in God's appointed time you will land something that even peers who started before you will marvel.

1 Like

Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Nobody: 1:13am On Oct 31, 2012
All.is.vanity:

If termed in %age, I would say 65%. I was part of the candidates that sat for NBPlc test, NNPC test(no news yet), NSITF(no news yet), Guinness online test, Heineken online test, Flour Mills, etc. I passed NNPC test and went for interview, I passed NSITF test and went for interview, I went for Glo's Interview, and I believe I performed well in all.
I also prepare very well for my interviews. I don't get nervous when I go for interviews and I dress corporate. I have also bn talking to people, if not I wouldn't be showing it here for all to see! I have bn talking to people, even in my church. My church is a catholic church and its very BIG. Though I have bn talking to people in societies(my church societies)
OP this is exactly what I have been saying, you mean you went through all this and nothing yet. I can give you info of guys that just wrote their first test, went for their first interview and are now working. I used to believe in my effort, infact I know top people who will land me hot juicy jobs in the oil and gas industry just a phone call and am there. But you won't belive the silly excuses they give. Any way just know that God loves and want the best for you. Get closer to Him more and do your best. Remember promotion or job comes neither from east nor west but from the Lord Almighty

1 Like

Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by spacewily: 8:22am On Oct 31, 2012
WHAT DO YOU PREFER ? HUSTLING TO GET PAID BY YOUR CUSTOMERS OR GETTING PAID TO HUSTLE FOR YOUR EMPLOYER...ITS STILL THE SAME MONEY HUNT WITH DIFFERENT PATHS, I JUST SEE THE LATTER AS LAZY AND LACKING SENSE OF CONTROL AND LEADERSHIP.......MY 2 CENTS THO.....I MEAN ''WHAT DO WE REALLY KNOW IS RIGHT''?
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by crackhouse(m): 9:20am On Oct 31, 2012
hello ladies and gentlemen, u guys should give this dude a job, he didn't post this to read ur stories in return rather he posted it to get a job offer and not the cock and bull stories.
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Ucheosefoh(m): 3:09pm On Oct 31, 2012
souleymon:

But you r not looking deeper into yourself
Are you Just wanting to work for someone or a company
Have you tot abt being your self boss,
Learn something , either online or offline

For me the decision to be my self boss after Graduation has being the best
thing to have happened to me, It took awhile- but i knew i would get there
I can tell you, i earn quite comfortably online even as Mech Engr Graduate
It didnt have to do with my Grade
God bless u 4 dis advice one problem our graduates have is they all depend on certificate @op have u try doing something dat will earn u money all dis years? I think with ur knowledge u can as well start doing something while also searching for a job, its never late if u start it now because the more u wait the more fresh graduates will pour into the labour market making it more diffcult to find a job. But I believe b4 dis year ends ur dream job will be waiting 4 u
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Ucheosefoh(m): 3:18pm On Oct 31, 2012
crackhouse: hello ladies and gentlemen, u guys should give this dude a job, he didn't post this to read ur stories in return rather he posted it to get a job offer and not the cock and bull stories.
u no be person? Give am job na abi u no follow 4 whom de guy is seeking help 4rm
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 29, 2012
After all of the sympathies and promises from a lot of nairalanders that commented, i am still yet to get a job and its getting worse for me. pls SOS!!!
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 11, 2012
After all the sympathies and promises from a lot of nairalanders that commented, i am still yet to get a job and its getting worse for me. pls SOS!!!
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 11, 2012
All.is.vanity:
After all the sympathies and promises from a lot of nairalanders that commented, i am still yet to get a job and its getting worse for me. pls SOS!!!

My brother, most things you read here are false. All those claiming big boys and asking you to send your CV are fake. They may equally be looking for jobs too. Never expect to get help from Nairaland. All na wash!
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 12, 2012
Dr. Wise:

My brother, most things you read here are false. All those claiming big boys and asking you to send your CV are fake. They may equally be looking for jobs too. Never expect to get help from Nairaland. All na wash!

Thanks bro. I think I'ld hv 2 look elsewhere
Re: Is Life Really About Luck Or Is Dis Spiritually Controlled? by Gentletwits: 4:49pm On Dec 12, 2012
East or West,North or South,the battle is not 4 d Swift or he dt runneth,is ONLY ALMIGHTY GOD(who created ALL LIVING THINGS including those folks who obviously HATE Him as I saw by their advice to u on ds thread)dt showeth Mercy!Whether we LIKE it or NOT!God has written d script of any man and whoever has come to d world has come to ACT a script,just like J. Christ did!The TRUTH is dt sending everybody to school to graduate can't change God's word!God's Iam Iam!Nobody's fantacy can change dt!God's MOST SUPREME & custodian of ALL POWER!If u(both d wicked I c on ds thread)do any thing 2day,its God'swill!Of course u r free to think you r more intelligent & good in scientific knowledge than A. Einstein!But @least,am backed by my ALMIGHTY God to think u r NOT so recognised ANYWHERE!God is d truth!God is Spirit!Young man,hw much do u know God & hw willing r u to follow Him?R u obedient enough to follow His will,ur only goodwill!Again,who r u b4 God?If u r sb,then b patient,keeping working and keep praying!God'swill MUST b done or man shall PERISH!There is JUDGEMENT!Take heed!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Genuine Is Hilton Hotel And Resort Recruitment,got Their Letter / MTN Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment (5 Positions) / Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) Job Recruitment (6 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.