Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British (14970 Views)

Banned By The Ayatollah Again! From Today, No More Christian Bashing! / Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers / The British Spy In SCOAN; What Did He Find? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 21, 2012
Deep Sight:

Of course it is ceremonial - but in true separation of Church and State, the monarch should NOT have the special rights which I listed.

Be honest, haba.

The Monarch, as the Head of the Church, should not be involved in Government, on ANY level if you are honest and serious about separation of church and state.

Please look at all these rights of the Monarch, and be sincere -

1. She is by right, Head of the Church of England.

2. She is by right, Head of State.

3. She is the image on the national Currency.

4. She is entitled to weekly briefings on the affairs of Government by the Prime Minister.

5. The Prime Minister must present himself to her when elected or resigns, as the formal notification.

6. She ceremonially opens parliament.

7. She (and all members of the royal family) represent the Government of Britain at Diplomatic and State Events all over the world.

8. As Head of State she rallies the nation in times of crisis or special events through national Broadcasts.

9. She is privileged with the enjoyment of the magnificent castles, palaces and crown jewelry of Britain gathered over more than 1, 000 years of Statehood.

10. She is protected by the British Secret Service.

My friend, nobody can honestly look at these and claim that this is perfect separation of Church and State, so long as the Head of the Church of England is by Right, entitled to all the foregoing.

On top of all that, the determination of the next person to enjoy all these GREAT privileges of state, is affected by religious laws such as principles on divorce - such as happened to the King who had to abdicate the throne for marrying an American Divorcee before the 2nd World War.

All these things you listed are quite irrelevant when you realise that she is ceremonial and that she bears no effect on the day to day ruling of the government. She remains a symbol

It is also irrelevant because she is not enforcing any religious laws. She is the head of the church but not a leader of the church or a cleric.

These are all traditional posts given to her.

Lets be honest
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by seyibrown(f): 12:42am On Oct 22, 2012
jagun007: Logicboy,

I think you got a lot of things wrong; no offences meant.

Nigeria, in terms of government and constitution, is as secular as Britain. We also run the same democracy; which has you know its own challenges.

In terms of religion, both countries still have the freedom of worship and religion clause in their constitutions. SO you can choose to be Christian, Muslim, Atheist, etc, whatever is convenient for you. Nobody will throw you in jail for not being a follower of a particular religion.

And finally, I live in the UK, and attend RCCG partly and, due to location changes sometimes, I also attend a church with loads of Britons and headed by strong British believers as the Senior Ministers and so on. The Church still does regular Outreaches to Mali, Kenya, France, Brazil, Columbia, and Germany. And a lot of Outreaches to states within the UK regularly. You can visit http://www.kt.org

Yes many upcoming generation, Youths and children, detest Christianity and Jesus. Many don't even know who Jesus is, they think he is Santa Claus who comes around at Christmas. This is because many Atheists and Boogieman believers have infiltrated the system and put some 'subtle' restrictions on true religious teachings of Christianity.

What is the result? At the moment the British society is in a complete mess. The citizens and youths are messed up morally and socially. The Government is crying out for help as they can not cope and not sure of the solution. Some months ago the Prime Minister David Cameron has to remind everyone on national media that Britain is a Christian State. Lots of Charities and Christian organisations are being encouraged to help with solving the societal and moral problems that are plaguing the populace. Do you know that statistics of regular Murders, Violence, and not to talk of people jumping in front of moving Trains daily? It is Scary. It is a normal thing now for my journey to work to be delayed due to 'Person Under a Train'. The sane people here knows that the Country needs to go back to 'basics'.

And these same British generation are willing to try out any other religion: Hindu, Voodoo, Witchcraft, Satanism, Budha, Snake Worship, Haloween, 'Harry Porter Religions' and so on in their bid to seek something higher that themselves. Anything but 'Christianity'. Or should I say 'anything but salvation thru JESUS Christ'. And why Because they do not want a 'Religion' that points out the 'Wickedness' in their Heart and constantly urging them to change and be righteous. Nooo, they don't want that Corrective religion. People want to be 'free'; free to do whatever they like. That is why Christianity is hated; probably by you too.

Logicboy, this topic is complex. So please leave it there. People freely want to believe in the existence, and they seek, higher spiritual powers. Many do Palm reading, Fortune telling, Ouija Boards, etc, etc, many others take refuge in Ecstasy and Hard Drugs to feel high. But they refuse to accommodate the 'logic' that 'what if' there is also the existence of a Master Spiritual Being who is the Source of all things Physical and Spiritual, and who Governs and will eventually Judge all things.

Until we all get back to right standing with God, we will never stop searching. Britain today is enjoying and leaving off the rich inheritance and Foundation left for them by their Believing Christian Fore-fathers. And as it happens a lot of times when way-ward upcoming generations take possession of such inheritance and squander everything in riotous living; so we see the British and indeed many other European Societies and Economies getting damaged, going downwards and downhill as they refuse The Truth. Many people are now leaving the UK and going back to their Countries. Why? people now see more prospects and security in their countries than in the UK system. And their Countries have more 'Religion'.

Whatever you think is working, outside the so called Christianity, is but shadows bro.

You talk true jare! The only reason for de-christianisation all over the world is to freely pursue ungodliness without the constant reminder of their departure from God and sound reasoning! Many so called unbelievers do not realise this is the sole reason for the propaganda. They are all being recruited into the anti-christ army and taking up 'arms' for the cause! The Atheist Jihad, I call it! cheesy

Logicboy03:

Dont worry, bro. wink
1) Man evolved from a common ancestor with monkeys. Genesis is a lie.
2) There is no reason to believe in life after death. We know that when the brain shuts down r is damaged, one can not think. So, I'm guessing eternal sleep!
3) Pascal wager fails http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager

What are you going to evolve into in the years to come? Homo Atheist (from Homo Sapien) specie with wings for flight, extendable arms and legs and an anus under ur foot? grin grin

As for you guessing on eternal sleep, that's all you can do. Just Guess! I prefer faith to 'guess' aka uncertainty!

@Logicboy03 : Coming back to you on the slavery matter ... my bed calls!
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by seyibrown(f): 12:57am On Oct 22, 2012
Logicboy03:
Wrong

1) It is impossible to be rational when judging everything from a "faith" point of view. you can be christian and keep your beliefs private and separate from aspects of life.

2) Until religion is kept private and becomes a personal issue in Nigeria, we will still have some "dark ages" problems like witch beating

Following your atheist reasoning, you can be an atheist and keep your 'atheism' private and separate from aspects of life!
Following my christian reasoning, you cannot ask someone to give you their head without any part of the neck. A christian is a spirit-filled person of faith who believes in God. To ask them live the way you subscribe is to ask them to live without breathing oxygen!

Religion cannot be kept personal ... it is infectious! What you believe affects how you relate to your enviroment and the society. You are spreading atheism by not keeping it private ... why are you asking christians not to spread Xtianity! PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH, BROTHER! smiley I am tempted to open a counter thread in your honour titled 'THE IRRATIONALITY OF LOGICBOY03 BEING MORE ATHEIST THAN A TV REMOTE CONTROL' ... but I shall lie down and let the feeling pass! grin grin
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 1:28am On Oct 22, 2012
seyibrown:

Following your atheist reasoning, you can be an atheist and keep your 'atheism' private and separate from aspects of life!
Following my christian reasoning, you cannot ask someone to give you their head without any part of the neck. A christian is a spirit-filled person of faith who believes in God. To ask them live the way you subscribe is to ask them to live without breathing oxygen!

Religion cannot be kept personal ... it is infectious! What you believe affects how you relate to your enviroment and the society. You are spreading atheism by not keeping it private ... why are you asking christians not to spread Xtianity! PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH, BROTHER! smiley I am tempted to open a counter thread in your honour titled 'THE IRRATIONALITY OF LOGICBOY03 BEING MORE ATHEIST THAN A TV REMOTE CONTROL' ... but I shall lie down and let the feeling pass! grin grin

How does a christian teach biology- evolution that says that man evolved from a common ancestor with monkeys?

Think before you talk nonsense.
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 1:31am On Oct 22, 2012
seyibrown:

You talk true jare! The only reason for de-christianisation all over the world is to freely pursue ungodliness without the constant reminder of their departure from God and sound reasoning! Many so called unbelievers do not realise this is the sole reason for the propaganda. They are all being recruited into the anti-christ army and taking up 'arms' for the cause! The Atheist Jihad, I call it! cheesy

What are you going to evolve into in the years to come? Homo Atheist (from Homo Sapien) specie with wings for flight, extendable arms and legs and an anus under ur foot? grin grin

As for you guessing on eternal sleep, that's all you can do. Just Guess! I prefer faith to 'guess' aka uncertainty!

@Logicboy03 : Coming back to you on the slavery matter ... my bed calls!

Evolution is science!

Dont be ignorant.
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 3:13am On Oct 22, 2012
Logicboy03:

Evolution is science!

Dont be ignorant.

shocked shocked shocked shocked grin cheesy
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 3:17am On Oct 22, 2012
Logicboy03:

How does a christian teach biology- evolution that says that man evolved from a common ancestor with monkeys?

Actually i believe you deliberately ignored a salient part of his post to focus on the trivial issue he did not even pursue.

That is you constantly berate christians for not keeping their religion private while you spend 24 hrs here all day pursuing the atheist point of view. cheesy Liek he said - practice what you preach
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by troy20(m): 7:08am On Oct 22, 2012
the madness is unbearable.i still recall with shock when a die-hard extreemist redeemed christian guy told me with all certainty dat bishop adeboye waz the jesus christ of our time.i left my mouth agape in fear of being lynchd if i said a word, because they were acting like islamic extreemist at dat time.i couldnt tel dem apart.wat jst came 2 my heard waz AL Q'AEDA!.honestly its so saddening bt its jst a passage of events.uk waz one like dis in d neoclassical era.
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 22, 2012
davidylan:

Actually i believe you deliberately ignored a salient part of his post to focus on the trivial issue he did not even pursue.

That is you constantly berate christians for not keeping their religion private while you spend 24 hrs here all day pursuing the atheist point of view. cheesy Liek he said - practice what you preach

This is what psychologists call "PROJECTION". You project or transfer your own issues unto another person wrongly.

You want to project your christian evangelism on me so that you can bash me the same way christianity has been bashed for evangelism

Some facts you need to know

1) Atheism is not a religion.

2) I didnt talk about atheism in the OP....please reread

3) Evangelism is a christian doctrine

4) I have never one day in my life promoted an atheist book or organization.

5) My problems are with the excesses of religion not religion per se. I have never one day blasted Buddhism (dont have Buddhists troubling me in London)

6) I dont need people to be atheists, they could be agnostics, deists or even secular christians or skeptic christians.

Sir, please receive the platter of your azz that I have just handed to you grin grin grin
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 22, 2012
troy20: the madness is unbearable.i still recall with shock when a die-hard extreemist redeemed christian guy told me with all certainty dat bishop adeboye waz the jesus christ of our time.i left my mouth agape in fear of being lynchd if i said a word, because they were acting like islamic extreemist at dat time.i couldnt tel dem apart.wat jst came 2 my heard waz AL Q'AEDA!.honestly its so saddening bt its jst a passage of events.uk waz one like dis in d neoclassical era.

grin grin grin grin

Christians can be Boko Haramic as well.

The fundamentalist or extremist ones
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by seyibrown(f): 11:58am On Oct 22, 2012
davidylan:

That is exactly what he has done with every answer that has been given in countering his flawed argument. He started with asking why Naija xtians don't copy British ones and has now come to 'evolution being science'. grin grin

@Logicboy03

On the matter of the slavery that you failed to further your weak arguments in response to my counter-arguments, I have the following to add (and emphasise where already previously posted).

Yes, slavery is regulated in the Old Testament but it is unfortunate that people in the past pulled the wool over your eyes to support slavery and commit barbaric acts. Were those slaves treated as prescribed in the Bible? No, they were not. Did you read the Old Testament rules that apply to freeing slaves? No, you obviously haven't. Do you know the Old Testament differentiates between 'slavery' and 'kidnap'? No, you obviously don't. The Old Testament does not prescribe the maltreatment of slaves. Greedy Africans who did not have the gospel or the love of God in their hearts kidnapped their fellow countrymen and sold them as slaves. Greedy Slave buyers who had the gospel but did not have the love of God in their hearts treated the 'kidnapped people' inhumanely!

Slavery was already being practised before Mosaic Law. Israel was reminded not to maltreat strangers and remember how they were strangers in the land of Egypt. We should recall that they themselves were enslaved in Egypt where they were strangers, and if they were to be buying strangers as slaves, they were not allowed to treat them unfairly. Today slavery is illegal in most countries and christians will be going against the word of God should they enslave others given that they are required to submit to authority. No man who loves Christ will enslave another. The era of one community attcaking another and taking slaves has gone! It is however unfortunate that human trafficking (modern slavery), although illegal, still exists but it is not surprising as given the nature of man, give him a yard and he'll take a mile. A wicked man will always commit wickedness no matter the laws telling him not to do so.

Logicboy03:

Evolution is A THEORY! The biological nature of man IS NOT! If you did not know this by now, you need to make a claim for you primary and secondary school fees! grin grin

Back to the matter of Naija Xtians and Brits Xtians, You confessed your motive for this thread here:
Logicboy03:
Fail
My problem is not with the british but the religion.
Troll harder

I have some assurance for you on the matter. You do not need to worry about Christians being a threat to you: The majority of Christians are not Christian. They wolf in sheep's clothing! They actually belong to your side of the divide. You believe there is no God and behave likewise; They have no fear of God and behave likewise! Six and half a dozen, I say!

Remember, Practice what you preach by keeping your Atheism private; don't even breath a word about it to anyone else. Lead by example! grin grin
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 22, 2012
seyibrown:

That is exactly what he has done with every answer that has been given in countering his flawed argument. He started with asking why Naija xtians don't copy British ones and has now come to 'evolution being science'. grin grin

@Logicboy03

On the matter of the slavery that you failed to further your weak arguments in response to my counter-arguments, I have the following to add (and emphasise where already previously posted).

Yes, slavery is regulated in the Old Testament but it is unfortunate that people in the past pulled the wool over your eyes to support slavery and commit barbaric acts. Were those slaves treated as prescribed in the Bible? No, they were not. Did you read the Old Testament rules that apply to freeing slaves? No, you obviously haven't. Do you know the Old Testament differentiates between 'slavery' and 'kidnap'? No, you obviously don't. The Old Testament does not prescribe the maltreatment of slaves. Greedy Africans who did not have the gospel or the love of God in their hearts kidnapped their fellow countrymen and sold them as slaves. Greedy Slave buyers who had the gospel but did not have the love of God in their hearts treated the 'kidnapped people' inhumanely!

Slavery was already being practised before Mosaic Law. Israel was reminded not to maltreat strangers and remember how they were strangers in the land of Egypt. We should recall that they themselves were enslaved in Egypt where they were strangers, and if they were to be buying strangers as slaves, they were not allowed to treat them unfairly. Today slavery is illegal in most countries and christians will be going against the word of God should they enslave others given that they are required to submit to authority. No man who loves Christ will enslave another. The era of one community attcaking another and taking slaves has gone! It is however unfortunate that human trafficking (modern slavery), although illegal, still exists but it is not surprising as given the nature of man, give him a yard and he'll take a mile. A wicked man will always commit wickedness no matter the laws telling him not to do so.

Evolution is A THEORY! The biological nature of man IS NOT!

Back to the matter of Naija Xtians and Brits Xtians, You confessed your motive for this thread here:

I have some assurance for you on the matter. You do not need to worry about Christians being a threat to you: The majority of Christians are not Christian. They wolf in sheep's clothing! They actually belong to your side of the divide. You believe there is no God and behave likewise; They have no fear of God and behave likewise! Six and half a dozen, I say!

Remember, Practice what you preach by keeping your Atheism private; don't even breath a word about it to anyone else. Lead by example! grin grin

Let me enumerate your epic fails, dude!

1) My argument is not for us to copy the British in everything they do. The point of the thread was to ask why the British dropped the christianity that they gave us!

2) Evolution is science. If you do not know what a scientific theory is, please learn. You propbably know what diseases are? Do you know that germs remain a theory? Germ theory!

3) Slavery.

It is normal for mental slaves like you to insult your ancestors who had pagan roots and glorify christian missionaries.

My tribe in the South 'south of Nigeria never had any history of slavery before the white men. There is no recorded history where slaves were a comodity in our history before the Europeans came. People farmed with their numerous wives and children and prisoners of war were killed. Efa festival was done with the heads of enemy tribes.

Do you honestly think it is easy to sell your brothers and sisters in a normal situation. Many of these people were in fear of the white men who had superior technology and weapons. Now, there is no denying that a few Africans would exploit this for their own gain.

Now unto black slavery. The European and American churches supported it for 300 years. Most major churches and christins did- the catholic, baptist, mormon, anglican etc.

The bible clearly supports slavery. Clearly. I have given you the passages. The bible never says that slave masters should be stoned but it says that gays and people who disobey the sabbath should be. Think for yourself

Kidnap in the old testament means stealing a Jewish/Hebrew/Isrealite person. thr than that the old testament allowed them to take people from other conquered lands.

You were allowed to beat a lsave in the old testament as long as he doesnt die.

----Concerning keeping religion private,

What it means to kep religion private means that you shouldnt enforce it on others. Now you can preach but you can not make religious laws or treat someone differently because he doesnt follow your religion.

Learn the meaning of things before arguing on them.

I dont need to convert peeps to atheism, i am fine with agnostics, desist and skeptical christians and not you, fundamentalist xtians
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 22, 2012
...You are wearing a toga already... the grandest of all fools! MUST YOU BE REMINDED EVERY NOW AND THEN?!...another foolish assumption you know me, or my lifestyle to call me an hypocrite...must you also be reminded you are on nairaland, a Nigerian Forum? I am Nigerian, proudly one, not an acculturised .....{fill in the blank} like you.I am a firm believer of CHRIST, now if you find that offensive....you have been advised already
by @tevinsolt

kingoflag: So, according to Christianity "Nigerian-Style", you can call someone a fool for disagreeing with you:

Then Justify it with this? A Bible verse?! Lmao

What a rich religion.

Oh, and by the way, my hypocritical friend, never once did I denounce ALL christians. Go through my posts again. I just know hypocrites when I see and hear them, and, oh boy is the buzzing loud whenever Nigerian "Christians" converge.

[/b][b]
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by seyibrown(f): 12:57pm On Oct 22, 2012
Logicboy03:
Let me enumerate your epic fails, dude!

1) My argument is not for us to copy the British in everything they do. The point of the thread was to ask why the British dropped the christianity that they gave us!

2) Evolution is science. If you do not know what a scientific theory is, please learn. You propbably know what diseases are? Do you know that germs remain a theory? Germ theory!

3) Slavery.

It is normal for mental slaves like you to insult your ancestors who had pagan roots and glorify christian missionaries.

My tribe in the South 'south of Nigeria never had any history of slavery before the white men. There is no recorded history where slaves were a comodity in our history before the Europeans came. People farmed with their numerous wives and children and prisoners of war were killed. Efa festival was done with the heads of enemy tribes.

Do you honestly think it is easy to sell your brothers and sisters in a normal situation. Many of these people were in fear of the white men who had superior technology and weapons. Now, there is no denying that a few Africans would exploit this for their own gain.

Now unto black slavery. The European and American churches supported it for 300 years. Most major churches and christins did- the catholic, baptist, mormon, anglican etc.

The bible clearly supports slavery. Clearly. I have given you the passages. The bible never says that slave masters should be stoned but it says that gays and people who disobey the sabbath should be. Think for yourself

Kidnap in the old testament means stealing a Jewish/Hebrew/Isrealite person. thr than that the old testament allowed them to take people from other conquered lands.

You were allowed to beat a lsave in the old testament as long as he doesnt die.

----Concerning keeping religion private,

What it means to kep religion private means that you shouldnt enforce it on others. Now you can preach but you can not make religious laws or treat someone differently because he doesnt follow your religion.

Learn the meaning of things before arguing on them.

I dont need to convert peeps to atheism, i am fine with agnostics, desist and skeptical christians and not you, fundamentalist xtians

Slavery existed before Mosaic Law. It was acceptable in that era. War and capturing slaves was the norm. Slavery definitely existed in Yorubaland before the white men came. Go back and read History. Hiding under the guise of 'no slavery in teh south-south where I came from' does not negate the fact that slavery was in existence before the white men came to Africa for slaves. Why you refuse to acknowledge that no Christian will back up slavery today with the Bible beats me. Slavery is illegal in this day and age. You deliberately refuse to acknowledge that wicked greedy people interpreted scriptures to suit them to enslave others and YOUR PEOPLE WHO DID NOT EVEN HAVE THE BIBLE MADE IT POSSIBLE BY KIDNAPPING THEIR FELLOW CITIZENS AND SELLING THEM OFF AS SLAVES.

The Bible does not support slavery. The Bible regulated slavery as it was already in existence!
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 22, 2012
PastelChic: ...You are wearing a toga already... the grandest of all fools! MUST YOU BE REMINDED EVERY NOW AND THEN?!...another foolish assumption you know me, or my lifestyle to call me an hypocrite...must you also be reminded you are on nairaland, a Nigerian Forum? I am Nigerian, proudly one, not an acculturised .....{fill in the blank} like you.I am a firm believer of CHRIST, now if you find that offensive....you have been advised already
by @tevinsolt

[/b][b]

You can not see the irony in your comment. You call yourself a proud Nigerian while calling yourself a proud christian!

Christianity is not Nigerian! It is a Jewish religion brought by the Europeans. A foreign religion to Nigeria.

Christainity is a religion that tells you that a Jewish man (Jesus) is God and that God has a chosen people (jews). For you to accept this is to agree that you as a Nigerian, are secondary to jews/isrealites.

Lets take a look at how christianity is destroying Nigeria's culture. We now have 2 weddings (traditional and church marriages).

When our ancestors were getting married, did they need to get married in a church? My grandparents never got married in a church and yet they were never divorced.

The brainwashing that christianity has done to tell us that one has to have his wedding blessed in a church is crazy!
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 22, 2012
tell them. if I would be enslaved by such fiction as religion, courtesy demands that it at least be a home-grown concoction.

1 Like

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 22, 2012
seyibrown:

Slavery existed before Mosaic Law. It was acceptable in that era. War and capturing slaves was the norm. Slavery definitely existed in Yorubaland before the white men came. Go back and read History. Hiding under the guise of 'no slavery in teh south-south where I came from' does not negate the fact that slavery was in existence before the white men came to Africa for slaves. Why you refuse to acknowledge that no Christian will back up slavery today with the Bible beats me. Slavery is illegal in this day and age. You deliberately refuse to acknowledge that wicked greedy people interpreted scriptures to suit them to enslave others.

The Bible does not support slavery. The Bible regulated slavery as it was already in existence!

I am not Yoruba. However, it is surprising that most Yorubas would abuse you for claiming that slavery was with them before the Whites came. Could you expand on how people from Ijebu were selling people to people in Ijesha? Slaves were never a comodity before the europeans came. The worst you could point to in Yoruba land was the Benin obas who buried their servants with them when they died. Which my tribe and some other Obas did not do.

Why should your bible regulate slavery? Your God was not strong enough to stop it? But he preferred to Kill gays in Sodom and Gommorrah?

Furthermore, if the bible regulates slavery, why should christians negate slavery? is the bible contradictory? Does it regulate slavery somewhere and banish it later?

Or are some christians good despite the nonsense in the bible?

cool cool
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 22, 2012
BoboYekini: tell them. if I would be enslaved by such fiction as religion, courtesy demands that it at least be a home-grown concoction.

tell them, Bobo!
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by seyibrown(f): 2:13pm On Oct 22, 2012
Logicboy03:

I am not Yoruba. However, it is surprising that most Yorubas would abuse you for claiming that slavery was with them before the Whites came. Could you expand on how people from Ijebu were selling people to people in Ijesha? Slaves were never a comodity before the europeans came. The worst you could point to in Yoruba land was the Benin obas who buried their servants with them when they died. Which my tribe and some other Obas did not do.

Why should your bible regulate slavery? Your God was not strong enough to stop it? But he preferred to Kill gays in Sodom and Gommorrah?

Furthermore, if the bible regulates slavery, why should christians negate slavery? is the bible contradictory? Does it regulate slavery somewhere and banish it later?

Or are some christians good despite the nonsense in the bible?
cool cool

Remember one thing: Don't blame the Bible for a lifestyle that pre-dated its compilation. Find somebody else to blame for your confusion! grin grin

You are now tired and have no more sound arguments to put forward in defence of your original flawed argument! grin grin grin Have a Pepsi on me ... and a meatpie from Mr Biggs! grin grin End of discussion!
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 22, 2012
seyibrown:

Remember one thing: Don't blame the Bible for a lifestyle that pre-dated its compilation. Find somebody else to blame for your confusion! grin grin

You are now tired and have no more sound arguments to put forward in defence of your original flawed argument! grin grin grin Have a Pepsi on me ... and a meatpie from Mr Biggs! grin grin End of discussion!

lol...You were thoroughly debunked and now you want to run away.

You have conceded that your bible regulated the veil that is slavery.

Here are yor problems

1) Your omnipotent God could not stop slavery but rather he blew up gays in Sodom

2) 19th/20th century humans did what your bible and god could not do; abolish slavery

3) The bible is an immoral book. How do you explain the regulation of slavery to your children? hmmm?
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by elampiro(m): 3:06pm On Oct 22, 2012
Logicboy03:

Go and read about evolution! angry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

Wasted time reading. It didn't make sense. So what next will man evolve into? What will monkeys evolve into? Why has evolution stopped?
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Samxiulee: 7:33pm On Oct 23, 2012
Logicboy03:

See illiterate with his argument full of potholes calling someone an illiterate!

Pothole 1....the Queen's post is ceremonial

Pothole 2....Nigeria is not secular. We dont have a strict separation of church and state or else sharia would have been illegal from the outright. Our governors in the south support churches with state funds which is wrong.

Pothole 3; The point of the thread is to ask why the British who gave us Christianity dropped it. Simple but you guys just love attacking the messenger rather than talk sincerely about christianity.

illitrate? Nah....I never called you one,I said you are semi literate,and you just proved it yourself because you can read but you can't comprehend.

Pothole 1.We all know that the Queens post is ceremonial,av made mention of that,but do you know that she can sack the british govt?She is the head of state also the head of the church of England,who swore to defend the Anglican faith with the coronation oath?,are you aware that The United Kingdom also maintains positions in its advisory revising chamber for 26 senior clergymen of the established Church of England known as the Lords Spiritual, spiritual peers or Bishops in the House of Lords? With this I should lay to rest the fact that the uk or the British are not secular @ all.A secular state is a concept, whereby a state or country purports to be officially neutral in matters of religion, supporting neither religion nor irreligion.

Pothole 2.Nigeria like the British is an ambiguous state like many other nations that profess secularism but for one reason or the other tend to sponsor religious activities eg pilgrimage,this is more of a political activity than a religious one,and this I have stated in my earlier post.

Pothole 3,with pothole 1 I think I have answered your Lagos Ibadan expressway potholes,which state clearly that the british have not drop christianity for any other thing,like I said before if you are trying to talk about the way they practise,or their level of belief it has noting to do with the word secular.
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Samxiulee: 7:49pm On Oct 23, 2012
Oooooh I just read most of your post after I saw your reply,guy Abi na dude u wan call ya self,you can't have any reasoning of LOGIC if you are still a BOY,it takes wisdom,and you can only get that when you are grown to be a Man.....a wise old man told me once never to argue with boys and ....... So for that an outa this thread.
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 23, 2012
Sam xiu lee: illitrate? Nah....I never called you one,I said you are semi literate,and you just proved it yourself because you can read but you can't comprehend.

Pothole 1.We all know that the Queens post is ceremonial,av made mention of that,but do you know that she can sack the british govt?She is the head of state also the head of the church of England,who swore to defend the Anglican faith with the coronation oath?,are you aware that The United Kingdom also maintains positions in its advisory revising chamber for 26 senior clergymen of the established Church of England known as the Lords Spiritual, spiritual peers or Bishops in the House of Lords? With this I should lay to rest the fact that the uk or the British are not secular @ all.A secular state is a concept, whereby a state or country purports to be officially neutral in matters of religion, supporting neither religion nor irreligion.

Pothole 2.Nigeria like the British is an ambiguous state like many other nations that profess secularism but for one reason or the other tend to sponsor religious activities eg pilgrimage,this is more of a political activity than a religious one,and this I have stated in my earlier post.

Pothole 3,with pothole 1 I think I have answered your Lagos Ibadan expressway potholes,which state clearly that the british have not drop christianity for any other thing,like I said before if you are trying to talk about the way they practise,or their level of belief it has noting to do with the word secular.

1) The Queen's post is ceremonial- she doesnt control the government,. Head of state is different from head of government. Any point you make on the queen is nnegated by this fact. Japan is also secular but with a royal family.

2) Scotland is part of the UK with no established Church.

3) UK is a secular country. Yes it has an estblished church (Church of England) but that only applies to England and it is largely traditional- there is no law or dogma the church can put on society or the government

4) The religious members of Parliament do not vote.

5) Britain is listed as ambigous state because it is secular but has some traditions with the Anglican church. The british society remains at large, very secular with government policies not based on religion

6) Nigeria can not be labelled as ambiguous or secular or the same as britain. We have sharia law and we have government policies directly funding churches and religious activities

There is another side to secularism that exists in the UK that doesnt exist in Nigeria

Logicboy03:

We also forget the other side of separation of church and state- freedom of and from religion. Should anyone discriminate against me because of religion, there are govt-al organisations that can assist me in building my case in defense. This doesnt exist in Nigeria

7) Please answer the question! I explained in the original post that the british have dropped religion with church attendance very low and the number of irreligous and atheists are about half the population with christainity shrinking every year.

Why has britain dropped their christianity

Note that I never mentioned secularism in the original post. You christians never want to honestly ta about the problems with xtianity

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

What's Your Favourite Worship Song On A Sunday Morning / Pastor Adeboye Celebrates His 76th Birthday / Why Are Atheists All Over The World So Slow And Irrational

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.