Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,986 members, 7,852,324 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:07 PM

The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British (15015 Views)

Banned By The Ayatollah Again! From Today, No More Christian Bashing! / Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers / The British Spy In SCOAN; What Did He Find? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 21, 2012
hariorh: This argument is not needed.

neither is your irrelevant comment!
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Horus(m): 3:10pm On Oct 21, 2012
Logicboy03:

I feel your intellectual swagger, bros!

You too much!

I feel your intellectual Laziness, bros!

You are not enough!
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 21, 2012
Horus:

You are not enough!
grin grin LOGICBOY YOUR DIGNITY NEEDS MOUTH TO MOUTH RESUSCITATION AFTER THIS THREAD. I BET YO PUNK AZZ WISHED YOU NEVER STARTED THIS HERE THREAD grin grin
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Standing5(m): 3:20pm On Oct 21, 2012
Oga Logicboy, i already infered most of what jagun007 said in fragments before now and you tried to counter them all but somehow jagun007's version made more sense to you. I find it strange oh.
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 21, 2012
obadiah777: grin grin LOGICBOY YOUR DIGNITY NEEDS MOUTH TO MOUTH RESUSCITATION AFTER THIS THREAD. I BET YO PUNK AZZ WISHED YOU NEVER STARTED THIS HERE THREAD grin grin

Saying something doesnt make it true!

You have said this how many times?
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 21, 2012
Standing5:
Oga Logicboy, i already infered most of what jagun007 said in fragments before now and you tried to counter them all but somehow jagun007's version made sense to you. I find it strange oh.

I debunked Jagun's point

https://www.nairaland.com/1079792/irrationality-being-more-christian-than/9#12640988
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 21, 2012
Horus:

You are not enough!

Hi hater!
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 21, 2012
Logicboy03:

Saying something doesnt make it true!

You have said this how many times?
DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER BRAH. I AM HERE TO BRING OINTMENT FOR THE WOUND

1 Like

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 21, 2012
obadiah777: DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER BRAH. I AM HERE TO BRING OINTMENT FOR THE WOUND

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by ezme(m): 3:39pm On Oct 21, 2012
Yomieluv: @logicboy,because the european brought xtianity,doesn't make them the all in all, being the creator of something,doesn't make u the best in it,that's why there's a word called innovation. If the whites have decided to drop xtianity,God can use the black to resusitate them. Its even said in the bible,that if men decides not to worship God,he would command the stones to do that. If not for religion,Africa would've been in chaos by now.
I totally disagree with your view.

There are some events thet defies scientific explanation,that can only be attributed to the existence of God.

But that doesn't make me a Fanatic.God bless us all.

So Africa is presently not in chaos abi?

Try dey talk truth make the God when you dey defend here see you bless oh.
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 21, 2012
ezme:

So Africa is presently not in chaos abi?

Try dey talk truth make the God when you dey defend here see you bless oh.

grin grin grin grin

Tell them oh, they will bend truth for their religion.

Truth shall set you free!
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by ezme(m): 3:45pm On Oct 21, 2012
Nigeria is presently in the "ERA OF FAITH", It would pass, many of us who are asking questions today were devout Christians 10years ago. Let's allow time play its part.
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by shaybebaby(f): 3:47pm On Oct 21, 2012
Logicboy03:

Hi hater!
Logic, The simple gist of this thread is why christians don't ask relevant questions pertaining to their faith, seek understanding outside the bible and believe everything they are told. Simply put, blind faith. I'd give this a rest because anytime you ask a fanatic questions, they take it personal and start throwing the scriptures at you(most quoted out of context) but will not actually engage in a reasoned debate.
I believe in God(or something greater than myself) and also believe that we've been given brains for a purpose(critical thinking) and religion should not be excluded from this. sadly the average nigerian christian believes their religion and the thought-process to be mutually exclusive.
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 21, 2012
Logicboy03:

grin grin grin grin THAT GIF IS FUNNY. THATS THE ACTOR WITH THE DEEP VOICE THAT STARRED IN UNCLE TOMS CABIN
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 21, 2012
shaybe baby:
Logic, The simple gist of this thread is why christians don't ask relevant questions pertaining to their faith, seek understanding outside the bible and believe everything they are told. Simply put, blind faith. I'd give this a rest because anytime you ask a fanatic questions, they take it personal and start throwing the scriptures at you(most quoted out of context) but will not actually engage in a reasoned debate.
I believe in God(or something greater than myself) and also believe that we've been given brains for a purpose(critical thinking) and religion should not be excluded from this. sadly the average nigerian christian believes their religion and the thought-process to be mutually exclusive.

I dont believe in God however, I have no problem with anyone that thinks things through.

I have no problem with people that believe but still ask questions! That is what this thread is about!

Thanks for your comment!
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 21, 2012
obadiah777: grin grin grin grin THAT GIF IS FUNNY. THATS THE ACTOR WITH THE DEEP VOICE THAT STARRED IN UNCLE TOMS CABIN

Hahaha......I didnt know that!!

I never watched Uncle Toms Cabin but read about it!
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 21, 2012
Logicboy03:

Hahaha......I didnt know that!!

I never watched Uncle Toms Cabin but read about it!
GREAT MOVIE BRAH. ENJOY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWq8RSUXXf4
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 21, 2012
obadiah777: GREAT MOVIE BRAH. ENJOY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWq8RSUXXf4

Cheers
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by yommy2sure(m): 5:29pm On Oct 21, 2012
summary:
1. It is impossible to be a christian and still exercise critical/logical/rational thinking or intelligence.
2. Until religion (christianity in particular) is eliminated, Nigeria will never witness reasonable growth.

Ok o...noted! #oshisconovagin
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 21, 2012
yommy2sure: summary:
1. It is impossible to be a christian and still exercise critical/logical/rational thinking or intelligence.
2. Until religion (christianity in particular) is eliminated, Nigeria will never witness reasonable growth.

Ok o...noted! #oshisconovagin

Wrong

1) It is impossible to be rational when judging everything from a "faith" point of view. you can be christian and keep your beliefs private and separate from aspects of life.

2) Until religion is kept private and becomes a personal issue in Nigeria, we will still have some "dark ages" problems like witch beating
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by DeepSight(m): 5:44pm On Oct 21, 2012
Logicboy03:

I hope you know that this topic made front page?

There are many topics that use strategy A "religion is bad" but they get nowhere.

I used Britian to make a logical point that an advanced society dropped their religion and we carry religion there without asking why.

It touches something deep in Nigerians when we compare our country to the UK. An indirect route of asking why developed countries dropped religion.

Effective and logical

But you could say the same about America, could you not?

Should they not also be looking over their shoulder's and saying they ought to drop religion since their colonial masters - the Brits, have done so, no?

1 Like

Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 21, 2012
Deep Sight:

Should they not also be looking over their shoulder's and saying they ought to drop religion since their colonial masters - the Brits, have done so, no?

Shhh not so loud. Logicboy would not like the fact that he hasnt had a point all weekend long exposed.
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Horus(m): 5:53pm On Oct 21, 2012
Logicboy03:

Hi hater!

Hi Lazyboy03!
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 21, 2012
Deep Sight:

I knew you would bash me. wink

Reread the OP and you will see that I was actually addressing Nigerians in the UK.

Furthermore, America is quite secular despite the huge amount of christians. They have a well enshrined separation of church and state- which atheists group use to bash fundamentalist christians when they try to go overboard.

We also forget the other side of separation of church and state- freedom of and from religion. Should anyone discriminate against me because of religion, there are govt-al organisations that can assist me in building my case in defense.

Compare that to Nigeria
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 21, 2012
davidylan:

Shhh not so loud. Logicboy would not like the fact that he hasnt had a point all weekend long exposed.

You ran away after I destroyed you on discrimination against atheists?

https://www.nairaland.com/1079792/irrationality-being-more-christian-than/9#12638485
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 21, 2012
Horus:

Hi Lazyboy03!

sad
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 21, 2012
Logicboy03:

You ran away after I destroyed you on discrimination against atheists?

https://www.nairaland.com/1079792/irrationality-being-more-christian-than/9#12638485

I fell asleep actually. Unlike you, i dont live here 24/7.
Besides i saw your argument about "black pastors" on MSNBC... what do you mean by that and how many times are these "black pastors" on the screen? Bill Maher is a more visible and respected figure on left wing TV and radio than any of the black pastors you mention.
Yes for every Bill Maher there are tons of Ann coulters but what was the point being made? That because we have Ann Coulter then Bill Maher does not count?
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 21, 2012
davidylan:

I fell asleep actually. Unlike you, i dont live here 24/7.
Besides i saw your argument about "black pastors" on MSNBC... what do you mean by that and how many times are these "black pastors" on the screen? Bill Maher is a more visible and respected figure on left wing TV and radio than any of the black pastors you mention.
Yes for every Bill Maher there are tons of Ann coulters but what was the point being made? That because we have Ann Coulter then Bill Maher does not count?

Shifting the argument to TV now? eh?

Bill Maher has a TV show. He doesnt talk about atheism on a daily basis,. His show is on politics. Dumbazz.

Fox new has its resident pastor while Msnbc has 2 african american pastors who show face from time to time to give their foolish "christian" views on politics as if christianity is meant to be political. (learning from Jesus)

Should we start talking about the numerous christian shows and TV stations in the USA?
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 21, 2012
Logicboy03:

Shifting the argument to TV now? eh?

Bill Maher has a TV show. He doesnt talk about atheism on a daily basis,. His show is on politics. Dumbazz.

Fox new has its resident pastor while Msnbc has 2 african american pastors who show face from time to time to give their foolish "christian" views on politics as if christianity is meant to be political. (learning from Jesus)

Should we start talking about the numerous christian shows and TV stations in the USA?

I dont understand the point and it quite likely is true that you dont either. you're just floundering at this point. You said and i quote verbatim = The mainstream media in the U.S. regularly excludes atheists, even from stories about atheism, while giving voice to religious believers.

Last i checked, the mainstream media includes TV media right? Including those who have political shows like Bill Maher right?

Bill Maher may not talk about atheism on a daily basis but that is his choice... its not like he is being refused a platform to promote atheism should he so choose. Afterall religulous was very popular due to his TV position and given tremendous network TV promotion when it came out.
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 21, 2012
davidylan:

I dont understand the point and it quite likely is true that you dont either. you're just floundering at this point. You said and i quote verbatim = The mainstream media in the U.S. regularly excludes atheists, even from stories about atheism, while giving voice to religious believers.

Last i checked, the mainstream media includes TV media right? Including those who have political shows like Bill Maher right?

Bill Maher may not talk about atheism on a daily basis but that is his choice... its not like he is being refused a platform to promote atheism should he so choose. Afterall religulous was very popular due to his TV position and given tremendous network TV promotion when it came out.

The mainstream media in the U.S. regularly excludes atheists, even from stories about atheism, while giving voice to religious believers.

So, in order to counter the fact that the mainstream media in the USA regularly excludes atheist, even from stories about atheist, you point to a an atheist who already has a TV show and doesnt focus on atheism but politics! You then go further to talk about Bill Mahers documentary on religion. How does that rebutt the point in blue?

There are enough stories of atheist discrimination that dont even get on the news but when a "God" sign is taken down or atheists put up a billboard, the Mainstream media shows it as if christians are being discriminated against!

Does your point negate the fact that it is okay to talk about atheism with no atheist present? Something that no one does on national TV to christianity?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3ug8jV0xCg

What about kicking off atheists of the air?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK7XHEm7BE8
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 21, 2012
Logicboy03:

The mainstream media in the U.S. regularly excludes atheists, even from stories about atheism, while giving voice to religious believers.

So, in order to counter the fact that the mainstream media in the USA regularly excludes atheist, even from stories about atheist, you point to a an atheist who already has a TV show and doesnt focus on atheism but politics! You then go further to talk about Bill Mahers documentary on religion. How does that rebutt the point in blue?

There are enough stories of atheist discrimination that dont even get on the news but when a "God" sign is taken down or atheists put up a billboard, the Mainstream media shows it as if christians are being discriminated against!

Does your point negate the fact that it is okay to talk about atheism with no atheist present? Something that no one does on national TV to christianity?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3ug8jV0xCg

What about kicking off atheists of the air?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK7XHEm7BE8

Responding to your circular arguments is getting tedious. I will ignore the Fox news video as we all know they are largely a mouth piece for the conservative movement in the US. It is what it is.

As to the other video, its nothing but a projection of the intolerant views of the atheist who posted it. why take out "in God we trust" from the dollar? Its been there for close to 200 yrs... its become almost an a-religious symbol of the dollar that i wonder why someone needs to remove it before he can sleep at night. Frankly your videos didnt say anything new.
Re: The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 21, 2012
davidylan:

Responding to your circular arguments is getting tedious. I will ignore the Fox news video as we all know they are largely a mouth piece for the conservative movement in the US. It is what it is.

As to the other video, its nothing but a projection of the intolerant views of the atheist who posted it. why take out "in God we trust" from the dollar? Its been there for close to 200 yrs... its become almost an a-religious symbol of the dollar that i wonder why someone needs to remove it before he can sleep at night. Frankly your videos didnt say anything new.

Fool. The point of the CNN video was to show that they talk about atheists without even one atheist on the show.

Remeber the point in blue

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Celebrates His 76th Birthday / Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? / Was Satan By Default An Angel? Prove It If You Think Jesus Never Exist As Angel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.